Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Hair Loss anyone?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
bixa525
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
I have been losing hair since going into menopause 8 months ago. I have had all the thyroid tests and hormone testing done and I am supplementing with hormones and taking various supplements plus biotin daily. I am still losing hair though and was wondering if anyone has had the same problem and has found any solution? I also saw a derm and the shampoo she gave me fried my hair. I am at a loss as to what to do next. Any suggestions?
bixa525
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmmm Doesn't anyone here have hair loss issues?
I would love some responses.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
You could look at the DS labs shampoo & minoxydil treatment. It's sold here on EDS. I had some good results with it...at least the shedding stopped. Excellent products.
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
There are basically a couple of things that can help... however... PATIENCE is the key. Don't expect to see results before 6 months of very constant use.

Before anything, I would go to the doctor and get an hormonal profile (i.e. testosteron, androstenedione, DHEAS, FSH, LH, prolactin),a CBC, and Iron (inculding serum ferritin and TIBC). You said you were already checked for thyroid function so that's OK.

After ruling that what you have is androgenetic alopecia (the most common type), then you can start the treatment.

So basically the treatment consists of:

a. A DHT/Androgen inhibitor
b. A growth stimulator

DHT/Androgen inhibitors:

- Many women take spironolactone (anti-androgen)
- The ones that don't want to take spironolactone orally, use spironolactone cream (S5 cream) (anti-androgen). This is the most potent anti-androgen available topically
- Revivogen (DHT inhibitor and anti-androgen)

Growth stimulators

- Rogaine
- Copper peptides (e.g. Foligen)

Also... the laser comb has been shown to work and help hair grow.

Finally, it is recommended you use nizoral shampoo 2 times per week to diminish inflammation, and some people also recommend using a shampoo with salicylic acid to exfoliate the scalp and aid absorption of the topicals.

I hope this helped. All the best,
Josee
-

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:27 am      Reply with quote
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=11902
the above link has many DIY recipes I posted one for a scalp treatment and one for a shampoo for thinning hair, if you are willing to try a simple DIY recipe mine was for daughter who after developing blod clots was on Heperin and then Coumadin for over a year and it thinned her hair horribly. There are many other great easy recipes contributed by members on the forum. The link should take you to a great recipe index.

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:32 am      Reply with quote
A lot of folks on this board are using laser helmets or the Lasermax and some are getting good results. I would do a subject search on "hair loss" or "laser for hair loss" on the SKINCARE AND MAKEUP FORUM, as well as the SKINCARE TOOL & DO IT YOURSELF. I have a lasercomb for sale if you want to try that....PM me.

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
ProfessorGinger

Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Check your hormones. I suffered from hair loss from birth control pills using artificial progestins instead of natural progesterone. My Ob/Gyn didn't really understand the difference, so I had to educate him. Progestins (artificial progesterone) are closer in composition to testerone, and if your body is sensitive, will recognize them as androgens and will result in acne and hair loss. Prometrium is the natural progesterone. I use this and an estrogen patch. Since I started with bio-identical hormones, extra-strength Rogaine, and MSM as a supplement, my hair has grown in even thicker than it was in my 20s, and longer.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |