Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best MACHINE(S) for improving skin appearance and firmness?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Justine1900
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Which of the current machines on offer has done the most for you? Quasar, Tua, what else..?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Justine - Hands down I use the Tua Viso for mucsle tightening and sagging - have seen a true
lift of my face after 3 months; for skin tone,
clarity, and a little skin tightening, I use the AAlightstim. Have been using that for 18 months. Spent much time reading these threads and resesarching and those two work the best for me! Am in my late 50's so I need all the help I can get! - DiPhx

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
I second the AALS
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
AALS - Hands down this has done the most for my skin overall. No makeup required, all prior sun damage gone, skin much firmer, smoother + a texture like a baby's. The new collagen is very apparent. Have used it just about 2 years.

Vaculifter - Nothing works better for tightening the neck that I have tried. It also contributes to a prettier, healthier, firmer skin due to the increased circulation from the massage.

Derma Wand - This is a nice little gadget for oxygenating the skin, increasing circulation, getting a little eye lift + zapping the occassional zit. (Come to think of it, I haven't had a zit in more than a year.. Very Happy )

Tua Viso - I'm still on the fence with this one.. I have a very hard time getting the contractions the same on both sides of my face, and feel that if they are wrong, it will cause more harm than good.. At this point I am just using it in a uplifting massage fashion for the 'microcurrent' benefit.

So far that's what has worked for me. I'm trying the Omnilux LED right now, and I'm anxious to see what results it will give in 8 weeks.. (It's a PITA though, as it takes a good 3 hours to treat the whole face + jaw.. Shock )

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
I love my AALS! Tonight, a girlfriend described my skin as "plumped up." I've had a hard time describing what exactly its done for me...all I know is my skin looks damn good. "plumped up" was a good description.

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
I love my AALS! Tonight, a girlfriend described my skin as "plumped up." I've had a hard time describing what exactly its done for me...all I know is my skin looks damn good. "plumped up" was a good description.

It's all that new collagen kicking in! Enjoy it!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Justine1900
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
AALS - Hands down this has done the most for my skin overall. No makeup required, all prior sun damage gone, skin much firmer, smoother + a texture like a baby's. The new collagen is very apparent. Have used it just about 2 years.

Vaculifter - Nothing works better for tightening the neck that I have tried. It also contributes to a prettier, healthier, firmer skin due to the increased circulation from the massage.

Derma Wand - This is a nice little gadget for oxygenating the skin, increasing circulation, getting a little eye lift + zapping the occassional zit. (Come to think of it, I haven't had a zit in more than a year.. Very Happy )

Tua Viso - I'm still on the fence with this one.. I have a very hard time getting the contractions the same on both sides of my face, and feel that if they are wrong, it will cause more harm than good.. At this point I am just using it in a uplifting massage fashion for the 'microcurrent' benefit.

So far that's what has worked for me. I'm trying the Omnilux LED right now, and I'm anxious to see what results it will give in 8 weeks.. (It's a PITA though, as it takes a good 3 hours to treat the whole face + jaw.. Shock )

3 hours on the Omnilux?? How long do the other machines take?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
AALS - Takes 60 minutes for a full 3 minute treatment to face and neck.. 90 if I add in the chest and hands

Vaculifter - 10 minutes for a good face + neck massage.

Derma Wand - 15 minutes for a good going over with eye lift.

Tua Viso - 30 minutes for just massage. It took me about 1 hour to do the actual exercises, but I had a hard time with placement.

Justine1900
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
Eeek! I barely have 3 minutes for the Clarisonic!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
My favorite Stop(tripollar device)
Tua Viso(daily in the morning w/dvd)
Idea LED lights
blender for my green smoothiesImage

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

does anyone use a machine like tua viso aswell as facial exercise ? or would they do the same thing ?

thanks

Jackie xx
minnym0use
5% products discount

Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:12 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:

Which do you use?

And if you (or anyone reading this) could buy ONE device for sag and a few wrinkles what would it be?

Thx
leathal
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:03 am      Reply with quote
I am thinking of getting the DPL LED from Nancy. It only takes 17 min a day. I'm not sure wht the difference is in the hand helds and the panels, but for saving time, I think this would be better. She also suggests putting copper peptides on after a treatment
minnym0use
5% products discount

Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone heard or tried the light from Hollywood Beauty Secrets? The forum won't let me post link cause I am new.

Thx
leathal
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Ok, I may change my mind again...lol This is ridiculous Rolling Eyes
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
minnym0use wrote:
Has anyone heard or tried the light from Hollywood Beauty Secrets? The forum won't let me post link cause I am new.

Thx

Hey Minnie wave
Welcome to EDS. I think the website you are referring to is here http://www.hollywoodbeautysecrets.com/led_light_therapy.htm

Okay guys and gals with the LED knowledge...can you help her out?
Toby

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
minnym0use wrote:

Thx

This looks like the same one that Nancy sells and Makeup Artist Choice sells. I have been looking at that one myself. Plan to get either that one or LightStim
icyj
5% products discount

Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
I would have to say it would be my CLARISONIC!!
LED's doesnt work for everyone but im sure the clarisonic would! I just got my tanda and if i notice a major change then i will update for now the best tool is clarisonic!
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
To answer many of the questions which recently surfaced, here goes:

I use the Tua Viso to reduce sag (works great) and at the same time it improves some wrinkles as some sag can cause wrinkles; the only exercise I use witht TV is the Ageless cheek lifting exercise and I do the "behind the ear" exercise manually cause I can't find the right placement of the probes on that one.

Spend 40 minuntes on TV 3 times a week
Spend about 45 minutes on AAlightstim about 2 X week

I use the copper peptides before the LED but let it absorb for some time first. Am off of copper peptides now for 2-3 weeks to give the skin a rest. We'll see what happens when we start up again. In talking with the folks at Skin Biology, they said many people get better effects from copper peptides from using them every other day. Will try that when I start up again. Unfortunately at this point, don't have too much time left to do anything else but it's so worth it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys,

thanks for all helpful info. I have an old machine by ultratone that seems to work (and look) very similar to the TV, only the probes are metal. I found it helped a little, but it gave me alot of broken capilaries where I had placed the probes, so I stopped using it.

Are the probes metal on the TV ? I'm really thinking about getting one of these, but as I do facial exercises aswell, I'm just wondering if it's worth the expense,

thanks

Jackie xx
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:59 am      Reply with quote
I've used the Prolight Platinum, Clarisonic, Nutritone, and the Prolight Galvanic/Ultrasound. In terms of firmness, the Nutritone has probably helped better than any, but not as much as I would like. My favorite, though, is the galvanic. It does a wonderful job of deep cleaning my pores and makes my face look so smooth and fresh. I hated the clarisonic, BTW.
minnym0use
5% products discount

Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:03 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone. So the Tua Viso - how does that compare to the Suzanne Sommers Facemaster? Would you say it is a step up? Hopefully many steps up Very Happy as I had one and wasn't impressed.

Also, do you have a link to the lowest price for a TV?

So you use both TV and LED then. I would consider doing both myself.

Thanks for the help. Keep any info or tips coming.

M
minnym0use
5% products discount

Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:39 am      Reply with quote
I just read about Nutritone. I think I will give it a try as I love Isomers.

Thanks
M
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi minnymouse - Regarding the use of the TV and the facemaster, I only use the TV; however, after doing much reading, have heard the TV works great for sagging and somewhat lifting the brow while the facemaster works better for small lines and wrinkles. If you really want more info, there are separate threads for the TV and the facemaster and I encourage you to read them both. Again, it depends on what you want to do. I am in my late 50's so want the sag taken care of along with the collagen stimulation from the AAlightstim. There is a wealth of information on these gadgets.
I bught my TV from NCN and it had a rechargeable battery. I believe shy may give a discount to EDS forum users. Both gadgets are worth every penny I spent. DiPhx
doing much reading

5% products discount

Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:16 am      Reply with quote
My mind gets blown away every time I try and figure out what is best. I can't afford LED and devices like TV and now the great STOP.

I guess I need to just get one thing to start with and go from there, but I just can't figure out best way to spend $$. I know it won't be fillers or injections. For a 50 yr old I look alright, but there are certainly problem areas.

Thanks again.

Confused lol
MM
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |