Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Study: LED Light And Green Tea Cream Smooth Facial Wrinkles
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, kims - you're too sweet.

As you know, Rileygirl, I'm hoping this will help those darn lip lines. The Warp 10 has a timed session of 88 seconds. I count to 60 when I'm over an area and then move it to an area where there's less of a problem for the remaining 28 seconds. So, I'm hitting problem spots for 60 seconds and areas which are less of a problem for 28 seconds. All in all, it takes me around 25 minutes for a treatment. One slightly annoying feature of the Warp 10 is that the longer I use it, the more time I have to wait in between sessions, because it gets hot and has to cool down with longer use.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, Kassy - I didn't see your post. You are SO right about pictures. Everytime I think there's an improvement in my face, my camera tells me I'm deluding myself.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Fantastic results skippie in a short amount of time. I am so happy for you. Lemming another gadget. Wonder how long it will take me to cave in?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie,

such impressive results in such a short time frame - WOW!

Thanks for posting and inspiring us.

And Kassy - your pretreatment recipe is absolutely fantastic - thank you a thousand times!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know if anyone wants me to continue posting pictures. If not let me know and I'll stop.

BEFORE:

WEEK 2:

WEEK 3:

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
Keep posting, Skippie. Pictures are always appreciated when one can take them! Your neck is looking really good! Very Happy
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, great pictures and I can really see a lot of good changes. Keep on posting OK. I don't have any issues regarding my neck but my facial lines make up for it. Are you still using it on your face especially around your mouth?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, Frodo, I am. I didn't get a good picture today, but I'll take one tomorrow and post. I like to take it in the daylight.
Y34963
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Please keep posting. My neck needs some help too so I am very interested in seeing your results.
Y34963
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
I just made Kassy's LED serum and I am wondering if I should keep it in the fridge and how long it will last. It is a lovely serum by the way.
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:19 am      Reply with quote
Yes - please keep posting, your pics are fascinating. You really have to see it to believe it!
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:38 am      Reply with quote
Here are pictures of my lips. I feel like the LED treatment is working in this area, too, but the pictures don't show a great deal of improvement.

BEFORE:

WEEK 2:

WEEK 3:

Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:59 am      Reply with quote
Skippy,
I compared your first and last picture side by side and there is a tremendous difference in the lips as well as the whole chin area. Way to go girl Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:36 am      Reply with quote
I agree with Toby. In such a short time, there has been a lot of difference in your lips. Are you using any other product on your lips, Skippie?
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your feedback, Toby and Rileygirl. It helps to have someone else take a look and see what they think.

Rileygirl, I'm not using anything different on my lips than I had been. I'm not sure if that's what you're asking or if you want to know if I'm using anything. I do use LipFusion on my lips in the morning and City Lips at night, but I had been doing that before I started using the LED. I am very careful about putting the white tea I brewed on my lips as well as everywhere else.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Y34963 wrote:
I just made Kassy's LED serum and I am wondering if I should keep it in the fridge and how long it will last. It is a lovely serum by the way.

Y34963, in my opinion, I think it wouldn't hurt to put it in the refrigerator - but I'm copying your question so Kassy won't overlook it in the thread.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:09 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Skippie. I did mean if you were using anything new on your lips. Your answer was perfect!
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Skippy, am I understanding you correctly? The Prolight Platinum didn't help you at all but the Warp 10 with green tea has given you the results you have posted? Did you try the Prolight with Green Tea?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia,

Actually, I'm using white tea with the Warp 10. I didn't try the tea with the prolight platinum because I gave up on it awhile back.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
Skippy, am I understanding you correctly? The Prolight Platinum didn't help you at all but the Warp 10 with green tea has given you the results you have posted? Did you try the Prolight with Green Tea?

Tonia, I am trying the Prolight red professional with the green tea. I am using it according to Rita's protocol, which is one time a week. I will say that I have not had the improvement that Skippie has had, but I am giving this trial 3 months.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
This extract is proving to be great, incorporated into my green + white tea serum.

http://www.vitacost.com/Twinlab-TeaZen-an-TEA-ox-Organic-White-Tea-Extract-2-fl-oz

All ingredients are good for the skin and I don't believe any will occlude light;

- Vitamin B6, B12
- Folic Acid
- White Tea (60% EGCG)(99% polyphenol)
- Tea/AOX Blend (Pomegranate fruit extract, grape skin extract, (20% polyphenol), grape seed extract.

Other Ingredients;

Other Ingredients: Vegetable glycerin, deionized water, honey, mangasweet (licorice extract), citrus extract, luo han guo, extract (fruit), lemon essential oil.

*The 'oil' is probably one drop, and shouldn't interfere with the light*

I make 2oz of green + white tea (with distilled water), and mix in 1 dropper full of extract.. I keep in the fridge, and make fresh every few days. I use it after sun exposure, and also before an LED treatment.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie,
Your lips look fantastic! And I just can't believe how beautiful your skin is. You must have not spent one day in the sun your entire life!! I am SO envious...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
If anyone is concerned about the additional ingredients in the Twinlab supplement, there is also this:

http://www.amazon.com/Organic-White-Extract-Ounce-Bottle/dp/B000HKWKKG/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&s=gourmet-food&qid=1255220077&sr=1-11

The generationtea.com website describes this product as a "potent extract made from Royal Organic Baihao Yinzhen Leaves, Organic Grain alcohol and distilled water. An easy way to get a serving of antioxidants. USDA Organic and OU Kosher."

It doesn't seem to contain any fillers or oils if you are concerned about those issues. I have no idea if it is suitable for DIY formulating though. HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie...your skin is really looking good! I can see a lot of improvement.

I just started with the LightStim. Had a bruise on my ring finger, so I thought what the heck..used it for 2 min on the bruise last night..today almost gone. It was a red and black when I started. I used it again tonight. I just hope that it works that fast on the face Smile
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
This extract is proving to be great, incorporated into my green + white tea serum......

http://www.vitacost.com/Twinlab-TeaZen-an-TEA-ox-Organic-White-Tea-Extract-2-fl-oz

I make 2oz of green + white tea (with distilled water), and mix in 1 dropper full of extract...

Hi Kassy,

Is your green & white tea serum only made with green + white tea leaves with distilled water?

or this one previously mentioned by you?

Kassy_A wrote:
PRE-TREATMENT SERUM FOR LED USE

3oz distilled water
1 TBS AHA cream (I use Alpha Hydroxy Souffle, but I guess any would do)
1 TBS SKB (Sea Kelp Bioferment)
1/2 tsp HA Serum (Hyaluronic Acid)
1/4 tsp Green Tea Extract

Gently warm the water in the microwave for 5 or 6 seconds and set aside......
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |