Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Study: LED Light And Green Tea Cream Smooth Facial Wrinkles
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
I am using the Prolight Platinum as well. I haven't tried it with green tea yet. I haven't seen a difference in wrinkles but I have seen a difference in luminocity. My skin glows but the wrinkles are still there. I'll start incorporating the green tea with my next treatment. I'm just surprised that there is that big of a difference between units.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie your results are amazing. How wonderful for you!
It's probably hard for you to say, but how much do you think your results are from applying the green/white tea, and how much from the Warp 10?
Have you tried using it on areas that haven't had the tea first? - Not that you would probably want to try, seeing as you are having such great results from the two together!
It does seem incredible that the Prolight Platinum didn't really do anything for you.
I wish I could now work out how this compares to the AALS...
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:25 am      Reply with quote
kims, thank you for your kind words. Actually, I have burned over and over again my entire life. I'm a redhead and very fair-skinned and didn't incorporate sunscreen in my routine until about a year ago when I had a basal cell removed from my arm. I do a lot of gardening and live in the deep south. For a redhead, though, I've never had freckles, and my parents both have really nice youthful skin. I've been blessed genetically, I guess.

neondaze, I really don't know how much is due to the white tea and how much to the Warp 10. I will say I think it's the white tea that's giving me the fast results. I mean, I've only been using the Warp 10 for 3 weeks.

Maybe someone who buys the AALS will do a similar photo demonstration. As Kassy stresses, it's well worth it for anyone to take pictures because that's the only way a lot of times to determine if you're getting results.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:

Maybe someone who buys the AALS will do a similar photo demonstration. As Kassy stresses, it's well worth it for anyone to take pictures because that's the only way a lot of times to determine if you're getting results.

The pictures leave nothing to the imagination good or bad.. Most important thing I find (at this late date) is to use artificial light from a windowless room, and try hard to duplicate the pose and distance.. (I'm a total spaz with the camera, so my pictures are usually awful.)

When I look back to pictures from 2 years ago, I honestly look sooo much better today. I'm actually looking forward to the big 60 in a couple of months, and never though that was possible.. Laughing

I'm so glad to have found this forum, and happy that I learned a thing or 20 along the way..♥

ETA: I'll do a 2 year photo thingy on my birthday, Jan 1st!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:11 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
ETA: I'll do a 2 year photo thingy on my birthday, Jan 1st!

Something to look forward to in the new year - thanks, Kassy. Smile
neondaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your reply Skippie.
Kassy, thanks to you, I'm pretty much sold on the AALS, even though Skippie's results are totally amazing for just three weeks - it pretty comes down to finance at the moment for me. And besides it seems to have totally made the grade for you, so it can't be too shabby!
There are a few threads on acne.org in the scar forum that are about the synergistic effects of dermarolling and led lights, people seem to be having great results from using the two. Just need to add green tea to the mix hey!
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:00 am      Reply with quote
neondaze,

If I hadn't been happy with the Warp 10, I would have sent it back and ordered the AALS. From what I've read of the discussions of all the various LEDs, the AALS seems to have the most satisfied users.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry this week's picture is a little blurry. The biggest change I'm seeing this week is that the skin directly under my chin is tightening up - maybe you can tell that in the picture. I'm at the point where I'm thinking I might not continue daily use of the LED. I might try every other night instead.

BEFORE:

WEEK 3:

WEEK 4:

Songbird
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie,

For only 4 weeks of use I think you are having fantastic results. Your skin looks beautiful!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Skippie, Lookin' good! Thanks so much for posting your pics. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:54 am      Reply with quote
I thought I'd better add my lips, since I know that's an area many of you are especially interested in. I don't know if you can tell, but the lips lines are definitely diminished. I only wish the pouches beside the lips looked better.

BEFORE:

WEEK 3:

WEEK 4:

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:56 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, Skippie. I can see a difference in your lip lines and they are definitely diminished!
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
I know youre all on another topic now... but could I just ask - is this how its done?

2 green tea bags in 3oz distilled water.

It needs to be boiling water right? Just cold water wont "work".

Once cooled its applied to the skin - wait 20 minutes before using an LED light. ?

I tried it last night but used 1 bag in regular water - using my pretika light. Smile
BUT i still think my skin is smoother this morning. I also used it as a toner after and this morning.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
mb935,

Yes, make the tea using boiling water. I use one teabag and make a little over one cup of tea, because I actually drink a cup. After it's cooled, apply it to your face and neck and wait 20 minutes before using the LED. Take pictures (for your own sake - then you'll know it's working).
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
For those of you interested in the study by Sommer and Zhu, I was able to find more information:

Photomedicine and Laser Surgery

Green Tea and Red Light - A Powerful Duo in Skin Rejuvenation.

Online information can be seen here:

http://www.liebertonline.com/doi/abs/10.1089/pho.2009.2547?prevSearch=allfield%253A%2528sommer%2Bzhu%2529&searchHistoryKey=

Please note the following protocol regarding the application of green tea prior to LED exposure:

After 2 months of extreme oxidative stress, green tea-filled cotton pads were placed once per day for 20 minutes onto the skin before treatment with an array of light-emitting diodes ..."

**FOR** 20 minutes, not 20 minutes before. HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
How I read this is: the tea saturated pads are applied to the skin... and I guess you must lay down and keep them in contact with the skin for a 20 minute time period. Otherwise what else would you do? Keep applying over and over for 20 minutes...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:
For those of you interested in the study by Sommer and Zhu, I was able to find more information:

http://www.liebertonline.com/doi/abs/10.1089/pho.2009.2547?prevSearch=allfield%253A%2528sommer%2Bzhu%2529&searchHistoryKey=

Please note the following protocol regarding the application of green tea prior to LED exposure:

After 2 months of extreme oxidative stress, green tea-filled cotton pads were placed once per day for 20 minutes onto the skin before treatment with an array of light-emitting diodes ..."

That is very interesting, Lacy. Do you happen to have the entire article? I might have missed it but I did not see the length of time they used the LED light for daily.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Lacy53 wrote:

That is very interesting, Lacy. Do you happen to have the entire article? I might have missed it but I did not see the length of time they used the LED light for daily.

It seems you get the first page free, the rest is not.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Rejuvenated skin, reduced wrinkle levels, and juvenile complexion, previously realized in 10 months of light treatment alone, were realized in 1 month. Conclusion: The accelerated skin rejuvenation based on the interplay of the physicochemical and biological effects of light with the reactive oxygen species scavenging capacity of green tea extends the action spectrum of phototherapy. The duo opens the gate to a multitude of possible biomedical light applications and cosmetic formulas, including reversal of topical deterioration related to excess reactive oxygen species, such as graying of hair.

To me, there are two interesting statements in that article, both of which I've bolded. That explains why I'm getting such fast results. Also, I may need to see if I can use the LED on my head for my graying hair. Laughing
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
Quote:
Rejuvenated skin, reduced wrinkle levels, and juvenile complexion, previously realized in 10 months of light treatment alone, were realized in 1 month. Conclusion: The accelerated skin rejuvenation based on the interplay of the physicochemical and biological effects of light with the reactive oxygen species scavenging capacity of green tea extends the action spectrum of phototherapy. The duo opens the gate to a multitude of possible biomedical light applications and cosmetic formulas, including reversal of topical deterioration related to excess reactive oxygen species, such as graying of hair.

To me, there are two interesting statements in that article, both of which I've bolded. That explains why I'm getting such fast results. Also, I may need to see if I can use the LED on my head for my graying hair. Laughing

I definitely picked up on that 1 month time, Skippie! Laughing

If you try it on your head, let me know. I have been dying my grays since I was in my late 20's! Laughing
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
Quote:

Skippie, you are correct that the researcher used the Warp10 along with the green tea daily for only one month before seeing the results noted in the photos. However, there was a prior treatment phase of 10 consecutive months using only the LED, then 2 months of no treatment (when the researcher was exposed to extreme sun and air pollution), then 2 months of LED only, and finally 1 month of combined (LED + green tea) treatment.

It may be ALL these treatment phases which caused the quick improvement in the final phase; I am not sure. You can read about it here:

http://pubs.acs.org/stoken/presspac/presspac/full/10.1021/cg900688g

Riley: the only thing I can see regarding length of time per treatment was the following statement: we modified the routine and introduced topical application of green tea (3 g of dry leaf mass per 250 mL of water, brewing temperature 100 °C, cooling time 30 min), applied onto the skin around the corner of the eyes 20 min before irradiating the wrinkled zones according to the protocol.

The only information about previous protocol time of treatment is "... one of us irradiated the skin around the corner of the eyes with intense LED light (WARP 10, Quantum Devices, Inc. WI): Central wavelength 670 nm, integral intensity 728 W m−2 and dermal dose 4 × 104 J m−2."

Not the answer you are looking for, I know!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:08 am      Reply with quote
That's a great article - thanks for posting the link, Lacy. It goes into more depth about graying hair.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:17 am      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:
Riley: the only thing I can see regarding length of time per treatment was the following statement: we modified the routine and introduced topical application of green tea (3 g of dry leaf mass per 250 mL of water, brewing temperature 100 °C, cooling time 30 min), applied onto the skin around the corner of the eyes 20 min before irradiating the wrinkled zones according to the protocol.

The only information about previous protocol time of treatment is "... one of us irradiated the skin around the corner of the eyes with intense LED light (WARP 10, Quantum Devices, Inc. WI): Central wavelength 670 nm, integral intensity 728 W m−2 and dermal dose 4 × 104 J m−2."

Not the answer you are looking for, I know!!

Thanks, Lacy! This really is interesting. I don't know if I could lay still for 20 minutes with the green tea on and even if I could, my dogs would probably try to lick all of it off my face! Laughing
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:25 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I don't know if I could lay still for 20 minutes with the green tea on and even if I could, my dogs would probably try to lick all of it off my face! Laughing

My dog licks all my Emu Oil off my face every night when I get in bed - consequently, I'm really hoping that Chihuahua spit is the next best anti-aging topical! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:52 am      Reply with quote
The easiest way might be to fill a spray bottle with the green tea (or in my case, white tea) and spray your face with it throughout the 20-minute period. I think I'll give that a try.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |