Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Study: LED Light And Green Tea Cream Smooth Facial Wrinkles
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:54 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
My dog licks all my Emu Oil off my face every night when I get in bed - consequently, I'm really hoping that Chihuahua spit is the next best anti-aging topical! Laughing

OMG, This is too funny! Laughing Do you think we could bottle it, and sell it?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:08 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

If only it would work, then we could! Laughing

As far as the green tea is concerned - couldn't you just soak a facecloth in the tea and then lay it across the face, like a mask. If it dried out, you could simply re-wet.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

If only it would work, then we could! Laughing

As far as the green tea is concerned - couldn't you just soak a facecloth in the tea and then lay it across the face, like a mask. If it dried out, you could simply re-wet.

And, we would probably get rich!

I am thinking one of those cloth-type masks would work, and yes, if it dried out just re-wet it. Good idea, Keliu. I am off to look for those cloth masks now!
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:

**FOR** 20 minutes, not 20 minutes before. HTH

Lacy,

Your updated info is in the nick of time!

Once I receive AALS tomorrow & I'll definitely use the said protocol.

Thx a lot!
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:03 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know if we can brew the loose tea in one of those metal basket on a handle thingys?
Just wondering if the metal will clash with the tea.
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:48 am      Reply with quote
sorry i have another question...

Im sure this has been stated somewhere...

I usually use my light every so often - but im using it every night with the green tea now

I use my dermaroller once every 6 weeks - 2.0

Will this now be contradictory? (whatever the word is) Smile

thanks for any help
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi MB, this is just my amateur opinion, but I don't think they will contradict each other. The LED is healing so I think the dermaroller and LED should complement each other quite well.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:54 am      Reply with quote
Mishey, certain foods are known to react with metals. Green tea is not one of them. You should be fine.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Tonya - for drinking I am brewing green tea in a teapot with metal mesh container for the tea leaves.

I would have preferred the glass/porcelain one, but the few I tried did not the job very well - either got clogged or for some type of green tea allowed the small leaves to get thru.

If it were an acidic concoction - that would be a different story.

HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks guys.
Just want to say that you only need to wait a few days to a week after dermarolling before using the LED. It's just that you want the inflammation at the beginning, then the LED's fine after that.
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:05 am      Reply with quote
I am also doing this using green tea from a tea bag (might switch to loose leaves..fresher??) and my LED light from the LED man.

I am on my forth day and excited. Whilst its too early for any real observations, skin is looking great.

My only complaint is that I had just started back with CP's so fitting all this in is somewhat of a logistical nightmare!!LOL!!!

Tonight I did what someone suggested and used a spray bottle to apply....much better!

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:52 am      Reply with quote
snowqueen67 wrote:
My only complaint is that I had just started back with CP's so fitting all this in is somewhat of a logistical nightmare!!LOL!!!

Sometimes I think we need for faces for all this stuff we use on our skin! Laughing
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Snowqueen67,

how do you use spray bottle? Spraying the face with green tea and then letting it dry?

TIA

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
Snowqueen67,

how do you use spray bottle? Spraying the face with green tea and then letting it dry?

TIA

Yes...I just keep misting in on the entire time I am using the LED (so on the areas not covered by the LED)....I'm not sure if this is the right idea...but I guess it ensures the skin has has a good uptake of the tea by the time its treated...??? But I'm making it up as I go along!!!

I must say (day5) my forehead lines (which are the only ones that have escaped botox cause I have bangs lol!!) are the shallowest and shortest they have ever been. Fingers crossed.

cheers

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
snowqueen67 wrote:

Sometimes I think we need for faces for all this stuff we use on our skin! Laughing

I know !! My routine now starts at 6pm!! Actually the kids are enjoying the time when I lay down and do this...they come and lay next to me and chit chat...so all good so far.

ANother problem is that I will not want to take any days off doing this when my next DR session is due (another week) maybe I will postpone??

cheers

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the dermaroller/led info. Smile

I also started using a spray bottle. I like the fact that Im saving on cotton balls - which I only use to remove makeup residue.

I just spray directly to my face and let it air dry - it dries pretty quickly.

But Im confused now cause i thought we need to wait 20 minutes before using the light. did I miss something??
Can the face be wet while using hte light?
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:48 am      Reply with quote
mb935 wrote:
Thanks for the dermaroller/led info. Smile

I also started using a spray bottle. I like the fact that Im saving on cotton balls - which I only use to remove makeup residue.

I just spray directly to my face and let it air dry - it dries pretty quickly.

But Im confused now cause i thought we need to wait 20 minutes before using the light. did I miss something??
Can the face be wet while using hte light?

I was confused about this too...but given that i am extremely time poor...i have decided to mist my face with the green tea, then start the LED about 5 mins later. I figure that by the time I've treated about half my face its been on way more than 20 mins anyway. I also continually remist my face everytime I reposition the LED. It is dry very quickly.

If this works, I am so going to by a full face sized LED from the LED man!!! Just think full face in 3 minutes!!

cheers

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Here are my lip pictures through the weeks, beginning with a Before picture, up until the current week 5. I'm not posting any neck pictures this week, because there have been absolutely no changes. I hope that doesn't mean that's the best my neck will do because it still has a ways to go.

Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:10 am      Reply with quote
I tried steaming my face with green tea for 20 minutes. I just boiled some water, threw the teabags in and sat at the kitchen table with a towel tented over my head to keep the steam in. I dried off my skin with a towel, waited about five minutes and then used the LED. It worked really well but it's time consuming. I will probably only do that when I need an extra boost. My skin looked great afterwards.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Skippie, wow, the lines around your mouth really are disappearing in these pictures. Congratulations on your success. Thank you for posting the progressive pictures for us. It really helps to see how well this can work.

Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:23 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting pictures Skippie. The improvement is great.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:09 am      Reply with quote
Looking great, Skippie! Love watching your progress! Very Happy
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie - thx so much for posting the pictures.
Your lips definitely seem fuller as well as the
lines are disappearing around your mouth. if you are getting all of this from the green tea and the LEd's, that's quite an accomplishment!
Thx again for posting the pictures - DiPhx

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie, I just looked at your pics again. I see a big improvement in your chin. The color of your chin is more even and the crease has softened. GREAT! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
HI, I have DPL. Ater reading here about green tea, I've started opening my green tea extract supplements up and pouring the powder in some warm water. This should be ok. Right?

Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |