Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Study: LED Light And Green Tea Cream Smooth Facial Wrinkles
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
mountaingirl wrote:
Kassy...is the green tea extract something that you can get in the health food store as a vitamin supplement, or is it one that is designed only for topical application that should be purchased from a skincare supplier?

When it comes to DIY, always use the actives from a DIY supplier.. Supplements always have either gylycerin, preservatives, gelatin or other fillers, and just don't measure up..

You can get great green tea extract from any of the DIY suppliers. It's best to use the pure extracts/actives for formulating. Lotioncrafters.com is a good one also.

Hi Kassy, should I be looking for a liquid green tea extract, or in a powder form? Thanks!

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:59 am      Reply with quote
How does lightstim compare to Warp10?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:05 am      Reply with quote
I put matcha tea (powdered green tea) (or can use a pestle and mortar for normal green tea). I add that to some aloe gel and smear that over my face and use the baby q. Well keep in mind that article just came out so I have only done this a few times and I dont know if its wishful thinking but I do really think its working...my skin does look better .....
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:08 am      Reply with quote
That's good to hear annachan.
Im wondering why was green tea used instead of other antioxidants? hmmm maybe I should start drinkng green tea! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:16 am      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
That's good to hear annachan.
Im wondering why was green tea used instead of other antioxidants? hmmm maybe I should start drinkng green tea! Laughing

yes you should! I drink it every day! Research has shown that it is brilliant for you and slimming etc...so you cant go wrong. I dont remember being that enthusiastic when I first started but now its the first thing I do when I wake up...make my pot of green tea!Drool
and yeah I was actually wondering the same thing about why green tea and not say pomegranate or resveratrol...curious! maybe they just had to pick one? Laughing
I was thinking of buying a cheap natural (organic) face cream and adding some green tea (or extract if I can get my paws on some )and a capsule of pomegranate and using that with my baby q.....
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:49 am      Reply with quote
haha Im already drinking oolong tea for slimming and it's the cheapest to drink 2 cups a day.
Hmm maybe they find green tea to be the best antioxidant? Im curious to know why green tea and not others.
Im hoping there'll be more studies on ultrasound too. I was planning on getting one but now Im unsure.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:55 am      Reply with quote
If you used a green tea bag with distilled water and let it cool and then mix it with aloe vera or HA, I wonder if that would work.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:04 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR, I think concentration may not be enough, but easy to try.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
PRE-TREATMENT SERUM FOR LED USE

3oz distilled water
1 TBS AHA cream (I use Alpha Hydroxy Souffle, but I guess any would do)
1 TBS SKB (Sea Kelp Bioferment)
1/2 tsp HA Serum (Hyaluronic Acid)
1/4 tsp Green Tea Extract

Hi Kassy,

Would you mind sharing where you buy your Alpha Hydroxy Souffle? Thanks so much.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Ulta has the Alpha Hydroxy Souffle.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:

Operating in the range 600−720 nm (central wavelength 670 nm, 50% relative spectral output 660−680 nm), it covers a 10 cm2 area with an integral light intensity of 728 W m−2. To exclude adverse effects, that is, inhibition of cellular functions,irradiation times were adjusted to doses around 4 × 104 J m−2, known to temporally increase blood circulation.

They also said they had used another LED which was ineffective.

Quote:
Prior to utilizing the WARP 10, we irradiated the same facial zones according to the same protocol for a consecutive period of three months using a home-built 660 nm LED array, delivering an intensity of 70 W m−2. Importantly, the irradiation was ineffective, presumably because the intensity was simply too small to produce a substantial change in the interfacial water organization.

Another interesting quote:

Quote:
We found clear observational evidence for the existence of light intensity thresholds, that is, the capacity of the light to change the order of interfacial water. It may be noted that the WARP 10 operates in the wavelength window which has been used for more than 40 years in wound healing, far from both ultraviolet and infrared radiation. According to recent research high doses (360−720 × 104 J m−2) of infrared radiation (760−1440 nm) possibly contribute to photoaging.

Does anyone know which LEDs have the listed wave intensity listed here? does BQ, AALS, LED man or Prolight have this? Better yet, can anyone post the comparable info at all? If an intnesity of 728 W was used, then which other LEDs besides the Warp one have this?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
I've ordered the Warp 10, so I'll provide some feedback when I have used it. They offer a 60-day money back guarantee, so that gives me plenty of time to see if it's making a difference.

Skippie, I will be anxiously waiting to read your review! Will you be taking before and after photos (not necessarily to post on the forum, but for your own records)?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:31 am      Reply with quote
I already have lots of before pictures, Lowbrowscientist. I take pictures all the time hoping to see improvement. I will definitely take pictures and post if I think the Warp 10 and green tea have done any good.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:03 am      Reply with quote
Kassy, I don't use creams - I could put the Green Tea Extract into Aloe Vera Gel couldn't I? I do have SKB but would prefer to use the Aloe.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:03 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Does anyone know which LEDs have the listed wave intensity listed here? does BQ, AALS, LED man or Prolight have this? Better yet, can anyone post the comparable info at all? If an intnesity of 728 W was used, then which other LEDs besides the Warp one have this?

That's a great question. I have no idea, but if you find anything out, please report!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:33 am      Reply with quote
I am going to get seakelp bioferment and mix in 1 Teavigo capsule (which is supposed to be 90-95% pure egcg). I also have plenty of before pictures as well, but I will take an after picture and see if I get any results.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Kassy, I don't use creams - I could put the Green Tea Extract into Aloe Vera Gel couldn't I? I do have SKB but would prefer to use the Aloe.

Here's what I just whipped up in case it helps you;

- 2 treatment packs from the Omnilux kit
- 1 tsp of Alpha Hydroxy Souffle (good ingredients in this, and nothing occlusive)
- 1 tsp SKB (the marine goodies in this are too good to leave out)
- 3 tsp distilled water
- 2 cc's of green tea extract (I didn't do the math, but 2% is what I want to start with)
- 1 cc of algae extract
- 2 tsp of pure aloe vera juice (I make my own from my plant)
- EDTA needs to be added if not using the treatment packs (which already have it.)

The important actives I see in the "Omnilux Treatment Pack" are as follows;

- sweet almond seed extract (not oil!)
- Co Q 10
- grape leaf extract (not oil!)
- retinol

Hope that helps!

ETA: .. Just in case you give something like this a go be sure to add a 'Chelating' ingredient like "disodium EDTA" or the like, if you add any form of vitamin C as well as the AHA. (Metals and acids are harmful together without it.) I know you love to throw the kitchen sink in when your playing, so just wanted to remind you of that.. Laughing

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:52 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I am going to get seakelp bioferment and mix in 1 Teavigo capsule (which is supposed to be 90-95% pure egcg). I also have plenty of before pictures as well, but I will take an after picture and see if I get any results.

Be careful with the green tea 'supplements' Riley.. Most have silica, gelatin and other fillers/preservatives. It's that extra 5% that make it incompatible for formulating..

One rule of thumb for checking if a supplement is okay for formulating, is to open the capsule and drop the contents into a 1/2 cup of distilled water.. If it dissolves completely in a few seconds you are good to go. To date, the only supplement I have come across that passes this test is "Opti-MSM".

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Be careful with the green tea 'supplements' Riley.. Most have silica, gelatin and other fillers/preservatives. It's that extra 5% that make it incompatible for formulating..

One rule of thumb for checking if a supplement is okay for formulating, is to open the capsule and drop the contents into a 1/2 cup of distilled water.. If it dissolves completely in a few seconds you are good to go. To date, the only supplement I have come across that passes this test is "Opti-MSM".

Oh, I did not know this. I'll check the ingredients in the product. Thanks for the tip!

I have a green tea extract from The Personal Formulators, so I guess I will use that one!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:24 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
[]

Oh, I did not know this. I'll check the ingredients in the product. Thanks for the tip!

I have a green tea extract from The Personal Formulators, so I guess I will use that one!

I'm using the one from TPF also.. I just used 2 cc's for about 1 1/2oz of serum.. Not very scientific, as I didn't do the math.. I did read somewhere that .5 to 2% was recommended for green tea concentration.. I also saw a 10% concentration for a research study somewhere, but Gawd know's where I saw it.. Embarassed

Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
I was able to find the following preview of the article HTH:

Facial Rejuvenation in the Triangle of ROS

Andrei P. Sommer and Dan Zhu
Crystal Growth & Design, Articles ASAP (As Soon As Publishable)
Publication Date (Web): August 12, 2009 (Communication)
DOI: 10.1021/cg900688g

To compensate for a possibly extensive ROS generation by the intense LED light and subsequent inhibition of cellular processes, we included into our facial rejuvenation program a powerful ROS scavenger: epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) extracted from green tea. ... Here we modified the routine and introduced topical application of green tea (3 g of dry leaf mass per 250 mL of water, brewing temperature 100 °C, cooling time 30 min), applied onto the skin around the corner of the eyes 20 min before irradiating the wrinkled zones according to the protocol. ... Figure 3. Representative photographs show wrinkles subsequent to 2 months of extreme oxidative stress (left) and after 3 months of daily LED treatment (right): initially 2 months of LED only, followed by 1 month of green tea assisted LED. ...

The following is the Abstract of the article:Recently, we introduced into the conventional catalogue of biological aging a new determinant: ordered interfacial water layers. The discovery of their tunability with skin-tolerated levels of 670 nm light inspired a model, which suggested that the light, by interaction with ordered interfacial water layers in the extracellular matrix, would reverse elastin degeneration. We validated the model in a 10 month self-experiment and arrived at an effective facial rejuvenation program. Importantly, during the experimental phase we avoided extreme oxidative stressors, in particular exposure to extensive ultraviolet and infrared radiation as well as air pollution. Here we report on the adaptation of our model to the extreme oxidative stress levels prevalent in numerous polluted megacities. The results of the extension comprise a new understanding of the protective function of the skin acid mantle, new predictive insight into effects of reactive oxygen species (ROS) on interfacial water layers, and their implication in processes of biological aging, including depletion of follicular stem cell reservoirs and telomere shortening, and led to the design of an accelerated skin rejuvenation method."

It would appear that the topical solution applied in this case is nothing more than brewed green tea. Also note that there was a 20 minute "wait time" prior to LED exposure. Treatments were done daily, and only to the crow's feet area of the face.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
Great find, Lacy53. Thanks so much!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
I think this is the link with the pictures....very impressive!
http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/cg900688g
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting that Lacy.. Very interesting!

I'm going to brew up green tea every couple of days and use it as a toner, in addition to LED use.

Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting that information, Lacy53. I was going to see if I could find the protocol when I received the Warp 10. You just saved me some time. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |