Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Study: LED Light And Green Tea Cream Smooth Facial Wrinkles
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi skippie - Your results are fabulous and you are continuing to achieve progress - it's very evident in your photos in both your neck and lips. Keep going - you're inspiring the rest of us! DiPhx

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
neondaze wrote:
Snowqueen67 I noticed that you have the LedMan unit. I'm trying to decided whether to get this or another kind of Led.
I'm slightly worried that the design isn't that ergonomic, and it will be a pain to hold after a while.
Do you find it easy to use?

I don't find it difficult at all (but have never used anything else) I just press the panel against the skin and move it after 3 mins or when I remember Embarassed I usually do it at the computer. But I would day it is definitely more crude in design. I would buy this agin though...next time I will get the same only bigger.

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
Snowqueen,

Are you leaving the green tea on your face for 20 minutes ....how long do you leave your led on each section of your face..are you using the ledman unit..if so are the leds 630's, 660's, 590's?

It is very exciting that you are also getting tangible results from this method.

Yes I am easily leaving it on for 20 mins..but I don't have it on for 20 before I start (if that makes sense?) I beleive the orig recommendation for this unit was 5 minutes...but based on discusions here etc I have decided to do 3 mins per area. So I need to move it 6 times to do my face. Then I do my neck, one hand and the top of my chest....

Ummm about the LED's???I don't know Embarassed
Sorry!

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Snowqueen,

How do you find the LEDMan device? Have you noticed any change of your skin after using this device?
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
Hi Snowqueen,

How do you find the LEDMan device? Have you noticed any change of your skin after using this device?

Well, its all pretty subjective. When I first used it I didn't stick at it at all and of course noticed no improvement. This time only 14 days later, using the Green Tea protocol, as detailed above, I am noticing good improvements.

However I am also using the DR monthly, Copper Peptides so some benefit would be coming from those also.

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi Rebecca,
I've been using the green tea for less than a week with my AALS and the results were visible almost immediately. The skin is so much smoother and it seems firmer. So I bet your results are probably coming from the green tea/led combo.
At 1rst, I was just steeping tea bags but just last night I started with the extract from green tea. I'll see how that goes. I was a little concerned to see the extract was so dark. I mixed it with enough water but still hoping it doesn't block the light.
Kim
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:46 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the green tea extract also, but not diluting it - will the darkeness of the extract have a negative effect? There are no occulsive ingredients. Thanks
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
stovetop wrote:
I have been using the green tea extract also, but not diluting it - will the darkeness of the extract have a negative effect? There are no occulsive ingredients. Thanks

So are you applying the extract straight on to the skin? I'm not sure whether that's wise - the extract I have says to use it at 1-3% so I've made it up into a serum. Just to cover all bases, I also wipe my face with steeped green tea first before applying the serum.

I can't see that the colour of the serum would block the light - as long as there's no oil in it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:43 am      Reply with quote
queenpedauque wrote:
Hi Rebecca,
I've been using the green tea for less than a week with my AALS and the results were visible almost immediately. The skin is so much smoother and it seems firmer. So I bet your results are probably coming from the green tea/led combo.
At 1rst, I was just steeping tea bags but just last night I started with the extract from green tea. I'll see how that goes. I was a little concerned to see the extract was so dark. I mixed it with enough water but still hoping it doesn't block the light.
Kim

Thanks for this queen (from one queen to another LOL)...This is good to hear...sometimes I think I am just willing these results, b/c surely you wouldn't expect to see a response so quickly? But it is really there..

I am absolutely astounded at how good my skin is looking...and the cutie at my coffee place just guessed my age at 30 yo (I'm 43) God bless Him!!!

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, Snowqueen, give that man a tip!!! Even if you really do look 30, he's an angel for saying so.

I have been doing the green tea/LED thing once a week and haven't seen much difference. I am ready to jump on the ban wagon and try it every day. I've been having a serious case of the uglies lately. Hopefully this will help.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu - I am using the extract full strength on my face. It is Gaia Herb's Organic Green Tea - 30 drops is 1 serving and unfortunately the remainder of the instructions have been covered up by a stick-on label in French. Do you think full strength is a problem?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
stovetop wrote:
Keliu - I am using the extract full strength on my face. It is Gaia Herb's Organic Green Tea - 30 drops is 1 serving and unfortunately the remainder of the instructions have been covered up by a stick-on label in French. Do you think full strength is a problem?

Ok, I'm not familiar with this product, but if it says to use 30 drops then I'm sure it would be fine. I use this, from Bulkactives (it's a powder that I add to a serum):

EGCG 90%
Assay: 93.92% EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate)
Appearance: off-white to beige powder
Solubility: water, ethanol
Suggested percentage: 1% to 3%
Storage: Store in cool and dry place. Keep away from direct strong light and heat.
Country of origin: China Manufacturer's data: Green tea extract (EGCG 90%) COA

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
Stovetop - I just Googled the Gaia Herb's Organic Green Tea Drops and I see that they're a supplement to be taken orally. I guess there's no problem in using the drops on the face seeing as how actual green tea can be ingested and applied to the skin. However, maybe it would be better to use a cosmetic grade extract - I just don't know.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu - Thanks for your opinion. I will dilute it with distilled water.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I just got my AALS and I'm going to follow this pretreatment soon as I get all the ingredients posted on page 1 by Kassy (thank you).

Can't wait to start mixing. Smile

Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
I did my second round with the green tea + Anti-Aging Lightstim. First I used a 70% glycolic peel for a minute (got this from GOW), neutralized it with baking soda and water, patted my face dry and spritzed my face off and on with green tea made from distilled water for 20 minutes. Then I waited 20 minutes, and used the AALS.

So far, the results are encouraging. My skin is more luminous and seems tighter. I'm 38 years old, no visible wrinkles except for one on my forehead from years of raising my eyebrows and slight slackening in the nasolabial fold area. I'm also overweight, however, so that may be hiding quite a few wrinkles.
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
Mireillie wrote:
I did my second round with the green tea + Anti-Aging Lightstim. First I used a 70% glycolic peel for a minute (got this from GOW), neutralized it with baking soda and water, patted my face dry and dspritzed my face off and on with green tea made from distilled water for 20 minutes. Then I waited 20 minutes, and used the AALS.

So far, the results are encouraging. My skin is more luminous and seems tighter. I'm 38 years old, no visible wrinkles except for one on my forehead from years of raising my eyebrows and slight slackening in the nasolabial fold area. I'm also overweight, however, so that may be hiding quite a few wrinkles.

Ummm..the peeling process will tighten your skin until the dead layer sheds (usually a few days). So i don't think you can assess the results from the Green tea etc until that happens, although i did notice improvements almost immediately.

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
On day 34 of this routine and haven't missed a day so far.

Absolutely loving the changes in my skin which are mostly non specific, but just a general overall lifted fresher look.

Not much improvement in pigmentation though Crying or Very sad not that I thought it would help with that, but it would be nice.....

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:13 am      Reply with quote
LED is supposed to help with pigment depending on the kind that you have. I think it's the red and amber lights that are supposed to help.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
LED is supposed to help with pigment depending on the kind that you have. I think it's the red and amber lights that are supposed to help.

Yes, thats what I have, but no luck so far Confused

I have never stuck at using them before, but intend to this time, so we will see!

Thanks for your input!

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:

Green light is supposed to help with hyperpigmentation as well.
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Snowqueen, please let us know if you see results with more consistent use. I am plagued with hyperpigment problems and I would LOVE to know if there is a solution.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
Snowqueen, please let us know if you see results with more consistent use. I am plagued with hyperpigment problems and I would LOVE to know if there is a solution.

will do....thus far the only thing that has worked and it does work well is peels esp TCA. But I have got tired of the peeling process.

rebecca

Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies,

This is my first time posting. I'm blown away by the knowledge on this board!
I'm curious to know if using green tea & LED once a week instead of daily would yield good results as well. I mean once a week using medical grade LED such as Gentlewave at doctor's office or spa.
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, W1212. Welcome to EDS. I have seen moderate results from doing treatments at home 1-2 times a week. For my skin, I see mainly an increase in luminosity. It makes my skin glow. Most of us on EDS purchase LED's for home use because a few sessions in a salon will cost the same amount as an LED unit. You can also purchase professional LED models for in-home use. I started out with LED treatments in a salon and liked it so much I purchased my own. I find that it is both easier and less expensive than going to a salon.

To answer your question, yes, I think you would see some improvement from 1 session per week in a salon. I did.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |