Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Study: LED Light And Green Tea Cream Smooth Facial Wrinkles
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
wl212

Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Tonia, That was very helpful. I'm also thinking of getting the LED from prolight for home. I looked at the platinum red/amber since it's on sale. The gentlewave is amber I believe and it's the only FDA approved one so I'm thinking it'll be the best color light.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
I followed Kassy's ingredients to the "letter" except I accidentally ordered HA from SkinActives in power form and not serum, opps! I mixed the HA powder in with distilled water to make it a serum (experimenting) and it's goopy stuff! After a bit I think I got it right, fingers crossed.

I'm so addicted to SkinActives website now, so bad for my wallet! haha

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:10 am      Reply with quote
I made the same mistake with the powdered HA.

5% products discount

Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:51 am      Reply with quote
It is so frustrating to come to a thread and see that all photos have been removed. Please consider keeping your photos up so that we might all see.

Thanks so much
Minny
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Is anyone using Garden of Wisdom's Green Tea Serum with their LED..and getting results? (I'm not sure about the optiphen hmm )

Matcha [ceremonial] Green Tea Serum
Ingredients:
Distilled Water [solvent]
Matcha Green Tea
Hyaluronic Acid [bio-engineered]
Optiphen [preservative]

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi mountaingirl - Have not used the GOW green
tea serum but have purchased the GOW matcha green tea which I put in my hand cream.
(I do use LED on my hands). Hard to tell if it's the green tea that's is helping witht he sun spots and plumpness but it's certainly worth a try! The powder is a bright green!
DiPhx

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:57 am      Reply with quote
I bought the GOW Green Rooibus Tea Serum:

Hyaluronic acid serum 1% strength infused with Rooibos Green Tea Extract.

Unlike standard Red Rooibos tea, the Green variety is made by stopping the natural fermentation and oxidization process of the tea just after it's cut. Instead of being allowed to ferment for long periods of time, which is historically employed for Red Rooibos, the Green is withered immediately, steamed to prevent oxidation, and then rolled and dried. The resulting tea is more delicate, aromatic, and with a heartier herbal taste and lighter color. Scientific and institutional findings suggest that Green Rooibos has a higher concentration of many of the nutrients found in regular Rooibos tea, including flavonoids, anti-oxidants, and minerals. Now preserved with Optiphen

It came in very quickly and very cheap for the amount. It feels a lot like my IS Clinical HydraCool, which at that priced can easily be replaced with an HA from GOW.

Would Rooibus tea work as well? I plan on trying this once a week and it is easier than remember to brew the tea for me.

5% products discount

Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:49 am      Reply with quote
my very first post: I am so excited!
First, thank you ALL for being so knowledgeable, experimenting (!!!) and generous sharing your recipes.

Cela dit, I am a bit at a loss as to where to find all the ingredients? I'm really a newbie of the forum and the whole DIY process...
I thought I’d list what I gathered from the thread and wait for your comments/corrections…

PRE-TREATMENT SERUM FOR LED USE

3oz distilled water
1 TBS AHA cream (I use Alpha Hydroxy Souffle, but I guess any would do) -> ULTA
1 TBS SKB (Sea Kelp Bioferment)
1/2 tsp HA Serum (Hyaluronic Acid)
1/4 tsp Green Tea Extract -> ¿¿¿ JUST TEA LEAVES or what from where???

And SKB & HA Serum from LOTIONCRAFTERS dot COM?
What about SKIN ACTIVE mentioned by WhiteWolf?

Sorry to bother you, but I’m at such a loss Surprised

[Gently warm the water in the microwave for 5 or 6 seconds and set aside.

Mix the HA + Green Tea into the SKB, add that mixture to the AHA cream, then very gradually add the water, while stirring constantly.]

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!
Sara
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
I got all of those ingredients from SkinActives except for the Alpha Hydroxy Souffle which I got from Amazon.com. The green tea is powder form, you'll see it on the Skin Actives site. I did make the mistake of getting HA in powder form which makes mixing a bit difficult but it's okay. I also had trouble mixing the Alpha Hydroxy Souffle in too, maybe I did something wrong, wrong order... but either way, it does work. Smile Definitely helps!

5% products discount

Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
thank you so so much WhiteWolf!

WOW: I just got on their web page and I'm in awe!
But I'm sure that with your assistance I'll find my way around this "jungle" Very Happy
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:23 am      Reply with quote
You're welcome. I'm spending this morning over on the Garden of Wisdom site, another place for lots of goodies. Think I'll place an order for the Body Scrub and some masks to help with exfoliation and pimples that are deep down under my pores. Who'd think at 41 I would still get pimples, should be against the law or something, LOL.

5% products discount

Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
You're welcome. I'm spending this morning over on the Garden of Wisdom site, another place for lots of goodies. Think I'll place an order for the Body Scrub and some masks to help with exfoliation and pimples that are deep down under my pores. Who'd think at 41 I would still get pimples, should be against the law or something, LOL.

I sooo feel you!
Three months ago, at the tender age of 36, I started having breakouts and pimples again... everywhere!!! I had forgotten how annoying it could be Sad
The only reason I am not on a shopping spree yet, since meeting you all lovelies in the forum, is that we're still staying at a hotel and I am afraid my goodies may get lost Razz
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:31 am      Reply with quote
I just saw in the newsletter from ncnskincare that Nanci is going to be offering a green tea serum for use with an LED. I'm not seeing it on the website yet, but I think it would probably be a good alternative for anyone not into DIY'ing.
sarasara
5% products discount

Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:48 am      Reply with quote
Great piece of strategic info!
Thank you!
DIY doesn't come easy in a hotel room Razz
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
I just saw in the newsletter from ncnskincare that Nanci is going to be offering a green tea serum for use with an LED. I'm not seeing it on the website yet, but I think it would probably be a good alternative for anyone not into DIY'ing.

I just emailed her about this!
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:13 am      Reply with quote
I'd be interested in what the ingredients are, Riley, when you hear.
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:

Before purchasing any Green Tea Serum from anyone, I would suggest you review the post made earlier by ricayhermosa on Page 7 of this thread. I would also suggest that you review the information provided in this thread regarding the degradation of the catechins (EGCg in particular) when exposed to light, heat, water and air. You should also consider previously offered instructions regarding occlusive ingredients in any product when used with LED treatments.

Having said all that, I too am interesting in seeing the ingredients in the green tea serum being offered by Nanci. I know she researches the products she offers for sale so I am hoping this is a good one!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
I'd be interested in what the ingredients are, Riley, when you hear.

Well, she is not sure when she will have it listed on the website, so I think we'll have to wait a little bit!
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:45 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Riley.

I found a toner that looks like it has really good ingredients, so I wondered what everyone's opinions are about using this prior to LED treatment.

Humphreys Citrus Witch Hazel Oil Controlling Toner

Our alcohol-free citrus toner uses the deep cleansing properties of witch hazel together with citrus extracts and meadowsweet to completely remove residue and regulate oil production. In addition, Vitamin C and lemon bioflavonoids help increase collagen synthesis and neutralize free radicals. This unique combination helps restore balance to oily complexions and prepares your skin for moisturizing.

Purifies, clarifies and refines pores
Removes and controls oil
Visibly reduces shine on the skin

Directions: After cleansing, and before makeup or moisturizer application moisten a soft cotton ball or pad with toner and gently wipe face and neck. For best results use morning and night to remove and control oil. Gentle enough for sensitive skin and all other skin types.

Ingredients:
Filtered water, *aloe barbadensis leaf juice, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, vegetable glycerin, spiraea ulmaria (meadowsweet), pyrus malus (apple) seed vinegar, extracts of [*calendula officinalis (calendula), *chamomilla recutita (chamomile), *camellia sinensis (white tea), camellia sinensis (green tea), *lavandula angustifolia (lavender)], panthenol (pro-vitamin B5), ascorbic acid (vitamin C), bioflavonoids (lemon), allantoin, polysorbate 20, hydrogenated castor oil, citrus dulcis (orange) oil, citrus medicia limonum (lemon) oil, phenoxyethanol (rose essence), fragrance * Certified organic
breezy42
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I've been following this thread with great interest. I am so excited to try LED with the green tea recipes you have all come up with. I hope this isn't too far off topic...I have asked my DH for the AALS for Christmas, but I have read about the excellent results Skippie has had with the WARP 10 (I missed all the pictures, though). Has anyone else tried the WARP 10 and loved it? I was pretty certain about the AALS because of the results many have had but just want to make sure I make the best decision between the two. Thanks!
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:49 am      Reply with quote
breezy,

If you look at the last page on this thread, you will see some pictures:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=36042

I haven't seen any more improvements since I posted the pictures, but at least I'm holding steady. I honestly think I will still see improvement over time - I'm hopeful I will anyway. I know the AALS is cheaper than the Warp 10, and I also know lots of people have loved the results with the AALS. I haven't used it, but I don't think you can go wrong with it.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Skippie,
As you know I don't use any light treatments, but your toner looks lovely! Where did you find it if I may ask?
Your results in your pics are great by the way!
TIA
DM

Skippie wrote:
Thanks, Riley.

I found a toner that looks like it has really good ingredients, so I wondered what everyone's opinions are about using this prior to LED treatment.

Humphreys Citrus Witch Hazel Oil Controlling Toner

Our alcohol-free citrus toner uses the deep cleansing properties of witch hazel together with citrus extracts and meadowsweet to completely remove residue and regulate oil production. In addition, Vitamin C and lemon bioflavonoids help increase collagen synthesis and neutralize free radicals. This unique combination helps restore balance to oily complexions and prepares your skin for moisturizing.

Purifies, clarifies and refines pores
Removes and controls oil
Visibly reduces shine on the skin

Directions: After cleansing, and before makeup or moisturizer application moisten a soft cotton ball or pad with toner and gently wipe face and neck. For best results use morning and night to remove and control oil. Gentle enough for sensitive skin and all other skin types.

Ingredients:
Filtered water, *aloe barbadensis leaf juice, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, vegetable glycerin, spiraea ulmaria (meadowsweet), pyrus malus (apple) seed vinegar, extracts of [*calendula officinalis (calendula), *chamomilla recutita (chamomile), *camellia sinensis (white tea), camellia sinensis (green tea), *lavandula angustifolia (lavender)], panthenol (pro-vitamin B5), ascorbic acid (vitamin C), bioflavonoids (lemon), allantoin, polysorbate 20, hydrogenated castor oil, citrus dulcis (orange) oil, citrus medicia limonum (lemon) oil, phenoxyethanol (rose essence), fragrance * Certified organic
Very Happy Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, DM. I found the toner on iherb.com. It's only $5.07. They have a couple of other toners that look good, too. I'm thinking I can find cheaper products to use than to buy ingredients and make something. I have ingredients going bad because I can't use them fast enough.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Skippie,
I will check their site, I know about trying to use stuff up quick enough! I like their site as well as making cosmetics. com they give a lot of good information and most things they have many choices on the size!
You could whip up concoctions for holiday stocking stuffers! Very Happy

DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:28 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
breezy,

If you look at the last page on this thread, you will see some pictures:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=36042

I haven't seen any more improvements since I posted the pictures, but at least I'm holding steady. I honestly think I will still see improvement over time - I'm hopeful I will anyway. I know the AALS is cheaper than the Warp 10, and I also know lots of people have loved the results with the AALS. I haven't used it, but I don't think you can go wrong with it.

Thanks Skippie, the pictures of your lips show great improvement (the others have been removed). Smile
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |