Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Study: LED Light And Green Tea Cream Smooth Facial Wrinkles
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:32 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
Sometimes I think I ought to change my name to Mikey - it's obvious I'll try anything. Rolling Eyes

We have definitely all been there, Skippie! Laughing
Katstrut
5% products discount

Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:36 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
mountaingirl wrote:
Kassy...is the green tea extract something that you can get in the health food store as a vitamin supplement, or is it one that is designed only for topical application that should be purchased from a skincare supplier?

When it comes to DIY, always use the actives from a DIY supplier.. Supplements always have either gylycerin, preservatives, gelatin or other fillers, and just don't measure up..

You can get great green tea extract from any of the DIY suppliers. It's best to use the pure extracts/actives for formulating. Lotioncrafters.com is a good one also.

BUMP Very Happy

I did read somewhere about ratio of water to tea but I can't find it. I think the consensus was that there is so much variation in the strength of tea unless you use an extract. Perhaps a resident expert can clarify further?
I also saw Kassy's home made serum which I will bump.
Katstrut
5% products discount

Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:37 am      Reply with quote
Uh oh! wrong forum! LOL sorry Embarassed
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Many thanks to all for the information on this thread. I have been using the green tea before the light treatments and would like to share something that is making it easier for me. Let's title this green tea and light treatment for dummies? Laughing I will do pictures because I am a visual learner Rolling Eyes I do the following and place the divided up cotton pads all over my face(they do stay on) and take my bath, after I am finished I take them off and do a treatment before bed. It is so much simpler than spritzing for 20 min or sitting and keeping applying with a cotton ball.

5% products discount

Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Many thanks to all for the information on this thread. I have been using the green tea before the light treatments and would like to share something that is making it easier for me. Let's title this green tea and light treatment for dummies? Laughing I will do pictures because I am a visual learner Rolling Eyes I do the following and place the divided up cotton pads all over my face(they do stay on) and take my bath, after I am finished I take them off and do a treatment before bed. It is so much simpler than spritzing for 20 min or sitting and keeping applying with a cotton ball.

Wow Toby

This is fantastic thank you so much for your report!

I must say I can see a little of your skin in the photo and it looks incredible. What percentage would you say is attributed to the lightstim/green tea combo? Or are you using a different LED appliance? Is there much else you are doing with your routine? I'm so impressed with how taught your skin seems to be.

TIA

Cheers

EDIT: Oops apart from everything written in your signature Laughing
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Cross posting as it's been a while since this has been mentioned Boiling water actually destroys the ECG/EGCG the antioxidents in
your green and white tea!

Hi,
I also found this so hot water is fine but boiling water destroys the health benefits as well as flavor:

Start with fresh, cold water, preferably filtered. You don't want that stale water that has been sitting in the kettle on the stovetop since last Monday.

The most important point is not to use boiling water to steep the tea in! Green tea is more delicate, so you want to keep the water a little cooler, about 165-170 degrees F (73-76 C.)

In addition, never heat the water in an aluminum tea kettle, or steep it in a plastic or aluminum container. Better options include stainless steel, porcelain or china, which are non-reactive and don't induce any off-flavors, or worse yet, toxic residues.

http://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Brew-Green-Tea-For-Maximum-Taste-and-Health-Benefits&id=2540959

HTH
DM
Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:42 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon, that's a great reminder. I usually use hot water right before it gets to the boillng point, so i hope that's not too hot.

Toby, what a great illustration, and I have to say that your skin is stunning. You look 20+ years younger than your age!
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Gorgeous skin, Toby! You look amazing, but I already knew that. Laughing I too really like using the green tea with my LED and can tell quite a difference in tightness. I've been spraying for 20 minutes, and this will be so much easier. Thanks for the great post! ~ JJ

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:12 am      Reply with quote
You're skin is amazing Toby! I'm impressed with how taut your jawline is, would you attribute this to the facial exercises?
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:26 am      Reply with quote
You guys are too much...I can't believe you think those shots look good....I think they are freaky Laughing I could have looked better if I had known my skin would be viewed!!! To be honest my neck and jaw are very firm naturally although I do facial exercises those areas were not problem spots. But folks I have the issues...N/L and marionettes have been at the top of my list. I can saw for me the Stop,facial exercises, Tanaka(big time), and LED lights have had a major impact on tightening things up.Creams and serums have never done much for me. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Toby - You are the bomb. Thanks for sharing the series of pictures. Made me laugh and makes sense. Love it. Will give this a try. Your skin does look good Toots! I'm with you on the Tanaka and the FE. (Never did get the STOP - but 2010 is a new year after all Laughing ). Are you still using the Prolights as your LED? ~~Sis

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Toby - I agree that your skin looks great! In fact, what I noticed most is that you have NO upper lip lines! Lucky you at 53! Dancing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Wowee, Toby! You look incredible! Thanks for the post with the pics. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Toby - I agree that your skin looks great! In fact, what I noticed most is that you have NO upper lip lines! Lucky you at 53! Dancing

I agree. Toby, have you ever had lip lines and if so, how did you manage to get rid of them?
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
foxe wrote:

I agree. Toby, have you ever had lip lines and if so, how did you manage to get rid of them?

I can't help but laugh, because we all want to know the exact same thing. Darned lip lines!!!! Laughing Laughing I can tell you right now, she has very thick skin and has never had lip lines. Ever. ~ JJ .....still laughing Very Happy

ETA: I hope I'm wrong and there is a "miracle gadget" in Toby's stash.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:31 am      Reply with quote
jjbeacham wrote:
Skippie wrote:
foxe wrote:

I can't help but laugh, because we all want to know the exact same thing. Darned lip lines!!!! Laughing Laughing I can tell you right now, she has very thick skin and has never had lip lines. Ever. ~ JJ .....still laughing Very Happy

Me too!! I keep telling myself: it's just a phase - it's . just . a . phase - IT's ... JUST ... A ... PHASE!!!!
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
jjbeacham wrote:
Skippie wrote:
foxe wrote:

Me too!! I keep telling myself: it's just a phase - it's . just . a . phase - IT's ... JUST ... A ... PHASE!!!!

Choking with laughter, spewing coffee on screen, gasping for breath.......just a PHASE???? Laughing Laughing Laughing Did yourself believe you? Hey, if that works, I'll tell myself that too!!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:16 am      Reply with quote
Okay thick skin tends to sag but not wrinkle and yes I have thick skin and don't think I have the upper mouth fine line issues. Also no hidden gadget...you know me better than that if I had another gadget you guys would know it! Laughing This is this morning before makeup..little moisturizer and lip gloss.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:17 am      Reply with quote
jjbeacham wrote:
Skippie wrote:
jjbeacham wrote:
Skippie wrote:
foxe wrote:

Choking with laughter, spewing coffee on screen, gasping for breath.......just a PHASE???? Laughing Laughing Laughing Did yourself believe you? Hey, if that works, I'll tell myself that too!!!!

Not yet, JJ. But I'm pretty sure this is a multi-year phase. Sad
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Wow Toby!!! I just saw the pictures for the first time. That is amazing! Your skin looks incredible! I would never guess that was a woman in her 50's.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:38 am      Reply with quote
I don't know how I missed your response, Toby, but I'm just now seeing it. Your lip and mouth area look great.
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Toby - Your skin looks amazing and does not look at all like the skin of someone in their 5th decade! Am a strong believer in some of the gadgets if used consistently and staying out of the sun. It's amazing that you don't have any hyperpigmentation or wrinkles. Don't think there is much of a sag - please keep us informed of all your routines and keep the pictures coming! DiPhx

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
DiPhx wrote:
Toby - Your skin looks amazing and does not look at all like the skin of someone in their 5th decade! Am a strong believer in some of the gadgets if used consistently and staying out of the sun. It's amazing that you don't have any hyperpigmentation or wrinkles. Don't think there is much of a sag - please keep us informed of all your routines and keep the pictures coming! DiPhx

DiPhx, I had to do this. ....giggles

Toby is actually in her 6th decade, since age 1-10 is the first. Laughing That is staggering, isn't it? She looks beyond awesome!!!

OMG, just realized that (at 60) I am in my 7th decade! Shock ....JJ faints.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
jjbeacham wrote:
DiPhx wrote:

Toby is actually in her 6th decade, since age 1-10 is the first. Laughing That is staggering, isn't it? She looks beyond awesome!!!

Good grief girlfriend...why did you have to be so smart.........ignorance is bliss! Laughing Well JJ I could just faint too but for another reason ...you are 60, have been through things that could have had major ill effects on your skin, and yet you have turned it around and are drop dead gorgeous with NO and let me say that again.... NO SAG!!!!!Let's just say we are people on a mission to look the best we can and as you say JJ "age is just a number!!" Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
jjbeacham wrote:
DiPhx wrote:

Good grief girlfriend...why did you have to be so smart.........ignorance is bliss! Laughing Well JJ I could just faint too but for another reason ...you are 60, have been through things that could have had major ill effects on your skin, and yet you have turned it around and are drop dead gorgeous with NO and let me say that again.... NO SAG!!!!!Let's just say we are people on a mission to look the best we can and as you say JJ "age is just a number!!" Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing You have me literally choking here, I am laughing so hard. WHY did that thought have to enter my brain? Now I am annoyed with myself! Laughing

Thank you, Tobes, for reminding me that age is just a number. It really is. And will remain so, as apparently none of us is ever going to give up this anti-aging mission. It's a good thing it's so much fun, isn't it? I knew you would take that decade business with a laugh, especially since you barely look 30, and I'm dead serious about that.

One thing that I have noticed on this kind of forum - people who care about how they look and care enough to actually take part in forums about beauty inevitably look wonderful. It's very gratifying to see photos and see how lovely you all are. I am always blown away. ~ JJ

Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |