Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Study: LED Light And Green Tea Cream Smooth Facial Wrinkles
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
smittydog
5% products discount

Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:37 am      Reply with quote
Everyone, just wanted to share my results. Last night I soaked cheese cloth (just happened to have it)in brewed green/white tea , draped it on my face for about 20 minutes while I relaxed. Since I could still see through it I was able to still enjoy watching TV. I kept the jar of tea handy, BTW I also leave the tea bags in the jar, not sure if that's ok. It seemed to make sense. As the mask felt dry I would pat the surface w/ the tea soaked tea bags. This was a little messy so I kept a hand towel draped below my neck. After 20 minutes I treated my face w/ AALS and when I was finished my skin was as soft as a babies....well you get the picture. It was amazing. I've been using the soaked cotton pads pretreatment but they didn't feel secure. Occasionally one would slide or flop off. My skin has never felt this soft nor plumped before!!! The cheese cloth is open, you can see and breath through it and when I was done I snipped two little holes in each one (it took 2 pieces of equal length to cover my face)and slipped my thumb and little finger through and pretreated my hands while using the AALS on my face. It was perfect!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Keliu, I agree the formula isn't groundbreaking, I just thought it sounded like a nice combination of actives for the price. 19.95!! And a large bottle, enough to last 4 mos. The addition of green tea extract is what caught my eye. You can find things like this at the "drug store" but I thought one made up by a reputable doc here in St. Louis sounded like a better alternative. I will be purchasing as soon as I get to that part of town. Using for my daughter and myself before we go on a trip to Florida in April. Hope i can report good stuff. LD
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:30 am      Reply with quote
smittydog wrote:
Everyone, just wanted to share my results. Last night I soaked cheese cloth (just happened to have it)in brewed green/white tea , draped it on my face for about 20 minutes while I relaxed. Since I could still see through it I was able to still enjoy watching TV. I kept the jar of tea handy, BTW I also leave the tea bags in the jar, not sure if that's ok. It seemed to make sense. As the mask felt dry I would pat the surface w/ the tea soaked tea bags. This was a little messy so I kept a hand towel draped below my neck. After 20 minutes I treated my face w/ AALS and when I was finished my skin was as soft as a babies....well you get the picture. It was amazing. I've been using the soaked cotton pads pretreatment but they didn't feel secure. Occasionally one would slide or flop off. My skin has never felt this soft nor plumped before!!! The cheese cloth is open, you can see and breath through it and when I was done I snipped two little holes in each one (it took 2 pieces of equal length to cover my face)and slipped my thumb and little finger through and pretreated my hands while using the AALS on my face. It was perfect!

Great idea. Thanks for sharing Smittydog.

LD I agree. It is a good price, good ingredient mix and put together by a professional - Her credentials are impressive.
LD do you use any form of retin a currently?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Sister Sweets, yes I've been using Retin a for years on and off. Did the whole Obagi thing from the derm's office for 18 months, got all the hyperpigmentation cleared up and it never returned. That was about 8 years ago. Still keep the retin a tube .5 I think around for when I feel I need a "clean up". I love the way my skin looks after a while i just don't like the chronic dryness. one day it will look great and the next everything just looks dry and pasty. Did it for years. I know it's a cumulative thing but i really did put in the time. i still think it's the gold standard but always on the look out for something that will give the result without the flakeys. For me it just makes me look way worse until that one day that it looks great!! Then the whole cycle starts over. I gave it 8 years so i think i got a pretty good idea of what it will do for me. LD
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:53 am      Reply with quote
LD - have you ever tried using the Retin A 3 times per week on a consistent basis? I'd bet your stopping and starting it over and over is why you always get some flakies from it. It always takes the skin some time to get use to it, but once it is - it works.

I also found copper peptides(Skin Bio) great at getting rid of the flakies and redness from retinoids. I use to be an on-again/off-again user of Retin A myself, and know what you speak of with the flakies. When my skin finally got use to it (and w/ the help of CPs) I don't suffer from the redness or flakes any longer.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
That's good to know. I have terrible problems with the flakies. I've never heard that CP's can help.
foxe wrote:
I also found copper peptides(Skin Bio) great at getting rid of the flakies and redness from retinoids.

LD, Obagi got rid of the hyperpigmentation and it didn't come back? Shock I thought that was a temporary solution because of the HQ. I've been using retin a, LED's and dermarolling because I thought those things were permanent and Obagi only made things better until you stopped using it.

OK, now back on topic. Sis, I tried Kassy's LED recipe and I must have done something wrong. The hydroxy lotion took on a weird mealy type texture when I added the green tea. Did yours do that? I used Alpha Hydrox 10% lotion. I wish I could figure out what I did wrong because it looks like a gread pre treatment. If I can't get it to work, I'll try Keliu's serum next.

LD, I think that looks like a nice serum with a great price. It's definitely worth a try. Please let us know how you like it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:06 am      Reply with quote
Tonia, yes that's correct, I used obagi for 18 mos religiously. My bg quarter sized spots never came back, but I continued vigilant skin care with vit c, skinceuticals, and sunblock. I'm not saying my skin looks like the pale shiny telltale obagi skin but none of the major pigmentation ever came back. For the last 10 year I have been taking really good care of my skin, mostly the great advice I've found here. It's not perfect by any means but I have a sis one year younger and her skin looks like sh##t. Have to think something I'm doing is working. Just always want more as the years go by. The big 50 is in April so I am really trying to kick it up a notch!!! LD
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:47 am      Reply with quote
I started facial exercises when I turned 50 Smile and retin a. With all you are doing LD I'd say you've got a good jump on things.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Sister Sweets, I certainly giving it my best shot, but no matter how much I try i still see the "really bad days" the slow sag at certain angles, and the unrecognizable person in the frozen food section doors. I've just learned to avoid these images and keep a smile on my face. I find a good hair day and a friendly happy face is the best youth exlir. Between AALS, Tanika, facial exercise, Tua Viso, the constant search for the miracle product, it can sometimes feel like a full time job. That's why I find it so comforting here, alot of kindred spirits!! LD
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
LD wrote:
.....and the unrecognizable person in the frozen food section doors.

Laughing Laughing Too funny!!! I've trained myself to avoid looking at any reflective surface in the supermarket, it's too demoralizing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:17 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
sister sweets wrote:
Thanks Toby. Anyone going to give this a try.
I would be interested to know what benefits it is to someone that tolerates retin-a well. Is it a substitute for retin-a for those that have too much of a reaction to retin-a???I think I will call or email to find out. I am one of the lucky ones that has never peeled or turned red with using retin-a .1 but there are a multitude that would probably kill for a product to produce results without the irritation.

Hi, Toby. Just curious if you ever called or emailed and got any information on this line?
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:35 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Toby wrote:
sister sweets wrote:
Thanks Toby. Anyone going to give this a try.
I would be interested to know what benefits it is to someone that tolerates retin-a well. Is it a substitute for retin-a for those that have too much of a reaction to retin-a???I think I will call or email to find out. I am one of the lucky ones that has never peeled or turned red with using retin-a .1 but there are a multitude that would probably kill for a product to produce results without the irritation.

Hi, Toby. Just curious if you ever called or emailed and got any information on this line?
So sorry had good intentions but work has been so busy it can't get to it. If someone else wants to take that ball and go with it...that would be great. Since I have no problem with retin-a I am not sure what benefit it would be for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
So sorry had good intentions but work has been so busy it can't get to it. If someone else wants to take that ball and go with it...that would be great. Since I have no problem with retin-a I am not sure what benefit it would be for me.

No problem, just checking!

ETA: I just sent an email off and will post the answer if they reply.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Riley. I'm curious.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

I'll let you know if I get a reply. My average on getting replies hasn't been great lately!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

I'll let you know if I get a reply. My average on getting replies hasn't been great lately!

I can relate to that after a few tries about a product for some that were interested! Smile Hope this goes better!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
Ok. I got a reply! Not sure how helpful this is but here is the info:

"Thank you for your interest in Azfasst facial gel. Azfasst is applied to the face after cleansing then a facial moisturizer and make up can be applied. It is not recommended to apply Azfasst simultaneously with retinoids or glycolics. Those should applied at a different time; for example, Azfasst is applied to the face in the morning after cleansing; retinoids or glycolics can be applied at night. Azfasst facial gel contains 3% salicylic acid and 6% lactic acid. Please enjoy our product.
Sincerely

Azfasst customer service
"
LD
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:57 am      Reply with quote
I got a return e-mail immediately after I talked with the Doc's office and was referred to another 800# to ask about samples. They were very nice but said they had no way of sending samples. I guess I will have to just make the trip to the doc's office and just pick some up. Or since I am already there I will buck up the 19.95 for the bottle. It's about a 30 min drive from where I live so I was really hoping to avoid the trip, since every new product claims to be such a miracle, and usually doesn't live up to the claims. This one does sound good though so it might be worth the small effort and$$$. I'll let you know. LD
LD
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone!! Somewhere on one of these threads people were talking about the application of green tea, 20 min. with some kind of cloth soaked. Also the lotion mask mentioned some kind of special cloth. I have been looking everywhere I go for something that would work and then last night my Hubby had his gun cleaning kit out with round and square little cotton cloths!! They were very thin and I thought wowza! that's it!! They are really cheap and thin so this a.m. i tried them soaked in green tea and they worked beautifully. Just the right size and I think you can get them at any sporting goods store or gun retailer. They have nothing on them, like silicone, just plain cotton. Just a little info. Hope this helps someone else on the search. LD
LD
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Just and FYI, as is the usual for me I really don't notice anything doing much until I stop using it. I have been going through alot of stress lately, job loss, no way to pay bills, ect. so the aals was the last thing on my mind. For the last 4 weeks I have been dedicated again, just using stash green tea, I brew very strong with just a little water and put it in one of my saved amber bottles in the fridge. Just have to say that I can see it working again. For anyone needing a little encouragement to keep going. LD
mommykins

Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:58 am      Reply with quote
What about arnica I have an EVIS red led light and do not see any results at all
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone recommend a ready-to-use green tea serum/mask that can be used before LED?

I am too lazy to make green tea everytime I use LED Rolling Eyes
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Can anyone recommend a ready-to-use green tea serum/mask that can be used before LED?

I am pretty sure Nanci (NCN) is selling one, RussianSunshine.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:

I am pretty sure Nanci (NCN) is selling one, RussianSunshine.

Thanks, riley, I am already using it! Just want to hear about other options Smile
findingaway

Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I am using the Omnilux New-U and have been for 6 months to treat Rosacea.

I honestly believe it has helped no end. To start with I just used it every other day for a few minutes, but now use it to the letter of the instructions.

A little concerned as my wrinkles seem to be a little worse...I know rosacea suffers have a low amount of SOD in their skin, so Reactive Oxygen Species will have more of a negative effect. I wonder if I am damaging my skin in some way because I have rosacea?

I am keen to try the green tea extract. I have been using green tea, but I don't think this is the same is it?

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good cream of lotion that has epigallocatechin gallate in it please?

Thanks
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |