Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Study: LED Light And Green Tea Cream Smooth Facial Wrinkles
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:22 am      Reply with quote
Quote:

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good cream of lotion that has epigallocatechin gallate in it please?

Thanks

Hi, Topix has the Replenix line. They have serums and creams which have 90% polyphenol isolates from green tea. They also have green tea serums and creams that have caffeine in them. They say the caffeine enhances the antioxidant properties of the green tea. All of these are supposedly good for people with rosacea and sensitive skin. HTH.
findingaway

Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks.

So is making a cup of green tea and applying it to the face with a cotton ball not the same?

I usually keep it in the fridge for 4 weeks between applications.
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
findingaway wrote:
Thanks.

So is making a cup of green tea and applying it to the face with a cotton ball not the same?

Applying green tea to the face is good and it's a great anti-oxidant. You do need to make it fresh each time though. I've heard that after 4 hours it no longer has the beneficial potency.

Some use green tea extract products to avoid making the tea each time.
findingaway

Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
Brilliant.

So it does the same if I just make a fresh cup each time? Thank you.

PS - in the article referenced here earlier, apparently the guys in Germany subjected their tea to 20 days oxidative stress. That's why I kept it in the fridge. Not sure what that actually means!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
findingaway wrote:
Brilliant.

So it does the same if I just make a fresh cup each time? Thank you.

PS - in the article referenced here earlier, apparently the guys in Germany subjected their tea to 20 days oxidative stress. That's why I kept it in the fridge. Not sure what that actually means!

Hello findingaway,

The antioxidants in green tea degrade very rapidly, so you lose the "goodies" that are of benefit to our body and skin if not used fresh. NOTE....Boiling water also destroys these so green tea for whatever purpose should be made with very hot yet never boiling water.

HTH

Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the advice.

What was the concensus on the length of time to use RLT?

Earlier in this thread (it just took me an hour to read it all!) some posters talked about only using the RLT for 3 minutes or so every day.

I use mine as the instructions say - IR (830nm) for 20 minutes per area. Then on day 3, red light (633nm) for 20 minutes per area.

I do this weekly.

Because I have a long term condition that unfortunately needs constant treatment, I cannot see myself ending this routine anytime soon - therefore want to limit any damage from ROS.

To get scientific, it's all about the dose. I have heard quoted 4 mw/cm2. My dose is around 126 mw/cm2 so er, just a tiny bit higher!!

Specs are: No of LEDs: 88 (Red Light 630-640nm - 60, Infrared Light 830nm - 2Cool Treatment Window: 1.8" x 2.4" LED Density: Red Light 2.09 LED/cm2, Infrared Light 0.98 LED/cm2 LED Intensity: Red Light 70 mW/cm2, Infrared Light 55 mW/cm2

Is everyone still doing well? Getting good results?

I have fine lines going on wrinkles at 28! Grr, so hope this might help with that. It's been 6 months tho and someone the other day thought they were worse!

PS - How can this be the case:

This review will focus on the role of reactive oxygen species in the cellular and tissue effects of low level light therapy (LLLT). Coincidentally with the increase in electron transport and in ATP, there has also been observed by intracellular fluorescent probes and electron spin resonance an increase in intracellular reactive oxygen species (ROS) such as superoxide, hydrogen peroxide, singlet oxygen and hydroxyl radical. ROS scavengers, antioxidants and ROS quenchers block many LLLT processes. It has been proposed that light between 400-500- nm may produce ROS by a photosensitization process involving flavins, while longer wavelengths may directly produce ROS from the mitochondria. Several redox-sensitive transcription factors are known such as NF-kB and AP1, that are able to initiate transcription of genes involved in protective responses to oxidative stress. It may be the case that LLLT can be pro-oxidant in the short-term, but anti-oxidant in the long-term.

If that was the case, surely green tea would make LLLT LESS effective?
Mint
5% products discount

Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hello)
Do you need to clean your face from green tea after you are done work with AALS? Or you can apply some product/cream just on top of it?
EyesWithoutaface
5% products discount

Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
I noticed the LED/green tea protocol involves daily use.

My Revitalight has similar (but slightly stronger) output compared to the Warp 10 used in the study. Revitalight suggests taking 10 days before treatments and that daily use can be counterproductive.

I have seen similar recommendations for weekly intervals from most of the pro-strength phototherapy units.

I wonder if daily use is to much? Daily use may have more immediate benefits but longterm may cause desensitization and less than optimal results.
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:22 am      Reply with quote
findingaway wrote:
Thanks.

There are a lot of sites that talk about making your own "Green Tea Toner" or "Green Tea Facial Mist" so I'm curious where the information that this is not the same as another type of topical Green Tea came from. Where did the ones who are saying this see the information??

Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |