Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

question for ladies using lumigan/latisse/etc.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mex0050
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
Do any of our lush-lashed bimataprost-product-using ladies have their eyelashes permed?

Mine are out of control I mean they're long and thick (not complaining), but everywhere. They turn and twist every which way and are impossible to curl properly because I can't get them all straight before I crimp down. I even tried a shu uemura curler and they still look like manzanita trees growing out of my eyelids. Combing before doesn't seem to work either and the bad ones are on the outer edges of my eye where neither comb nor curler seems to reach well. I know that eyelash perming technically would work nicely since they wrap the lashes with glue around a curler and can get them all straight (where they don't cross each other) before applying the perming solution for perfect results, but I am concerned that even the large roller might be too small of a diameter for my lashes....they're freakishly long now and might curl all the way around the roller and back onto themselves. I hesitate to trim them because I don't want to lose the taper at the tip.
lisaroberts
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
What a "nice" problem to have. I have started with the Latisse and hope I have this kind of issue. I would be curious about the perming. I work with a woman who has it done regularly and she always looks polished. Let us know what you decide.

Lisa Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:08 am      Reply with quote
How long have you been using Lumigan? I've found that the wild lashes I had the first few months I used Lumigan did calm down after a few months. I've been using Lumigan now for 9 months and my lashes are beautiful. They are long, thick, lush and tame. They were not that way in the beginning. They were all over the place. Some lashes were longer than others and some went one way while others went the opposite way. It took about 5 months for my lashes to behave themselves. I'm sure the time frame will be different for everyone.

I did have to trim mine in the beginning and it did help. It did not look funny at all.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
keli13 wrote:
How long have you been using Lumigan? I've found that the wild lashes I had the first few months I used Lumigan did calm down after a few months. I've been using Lumigan now for 9 months and my lashes are beautiful. They are long, thick, lush and tame. They were not that way in the beginning. They were all over the place. Some lashes were longer than others and some went one way while others went the opposite way. It took about 5 months for my lashes to behave themselves. I'm sure the time frame will be different for everyone.

I did have to trim mine in the beginning and it did help. It did not look funny at all.

Oh my, what a lovely post for me to read! Here's hoping mine follow suit...

I'm at over 5 months with the Lumigan - and although mine have behaved well on the whole (bad shedding at 8 weeks) I still haven't reached lush, thick and whatever. Sad

My longest lashes are one centimetre long: they DON'T have the slightest curl in them: they are averagely thick; they are darker but not wildly so (and lash tinting hardly seems to do anything really!)and, frankly, I am underwhelmed by Lumigan!..

Yes, they are better than they were before all the lash growth stuff - definitely so - and for that I am grateful. But still, I honestly remain relatively umimpressed and am looking at a few lash conditioners now that don't contain any prostaglandin (I seriously consider I may be resistant to it!).

I never even had the slight dark line at lash roots OR the purpling of the lids... Rolling Eyes

Resistant, I tell you...
WCSmurfette
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:00 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I'm at over 5 months with the Lumigan - and although mine have behaved well on the whole (bad shedding at 8 weeks) I still haven't reached lush, thick and whatever. Sad

Semayden,

Are you using it once a day? Even though everyone is different, it seems there is a correlation between the frequency of application of the product and eyelash growth.

Just like retinoids, there is a way to use the product to achieve the maximum results, while avoiding the negative side effect, like, excessive eyelash shedding.

This is a BASIC application schedule for the product:

Lumigan/Latisse is applied once a day for the first 2 months; then, reduced to 2-3 times per week for the next two months; then, at month 4, it is reduced, again, to once a week.

Many that use Lumigan/Latisse, found that if they use it once a day, month after month, they ended up with lots of shedding, bare spots, etc. Once they backed off to fewer applications per week, growth kicked in.

I don't know your application schedule, but you may try applying if fewer times per week and see if the lashes growth starts.

I hope it works for you!
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:37 am      Reply with quote
WCSmurfette wrote:
Quote:

Semayden,

Are you using it once a day? Even though everyone is different, it seems there is a correlation between the frequency of application of the product and eyelash growth.

Just like retinoids, there is a way to use the product to achieve the maximum results, while avoiding the negative side effect, like, excessive eyelash shedding.

Lumigan/Latisse is applied once a day for the first 2 months; then, reduced to 2-3 times per week for the next two months; then, at month 4, it is reduced, again, to once a week.

Many that use Lumigan/Latisse, found that if they use it once a day, month after month, they ended up with lots of shedding, bare spots, etc. Once they backed off to fewer applications per week, growth kicked in.

I don't know your application schedule, but you may try applying if fewer times per week and see if the lashes growth starts.

I hope it works for you!

Thanks WCSmurfette for your reply. I forgot to say that I've followed that sort of pattern of application throughout, and currently use Lumigan about twice a week. Sometimes I've applied it nightly just to see if there is a boosting effect, but nothing ever changes really, so...

I still HAVE to use mascara for a distinctly lashy look - and I was hoping to be able to do without and STILL look snappy! I'm rather sad really... Sad
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Lumigan for two-and-a-half months (I think, could be three). I have always used an eyelash curler but can't since they grew obscenely long and started reaching out in all directions. It just exaggerates the weird directions. I use it every other night. So, I have started snipping off the wild ones. It's the only way I can control them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia of the wild eyelashes...!

I just recieved the (generic) latisse from ADC (Careprost).

I am doing an experiment, for a few weeks anyway - and that is to use Revitalash on my right lashes and Careprost on my left. I will see if there is a difference in growth - both pattern and length.

I was so glad to recieve the product in the mail - had a scare that it was pulled so I laid in a little stock Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sis, my "little stock" was 8 bottles. Lol. No one will deprive me of this. Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! I got four and plan on giving one to a good friend of mine. What do you use for a brush? I may have to point her in the direction of a mini-brush.
I use the brush from the revitalash tube. It is
perfect

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:45 am      Reply with quote
I just use a fine paintbrush, Sis. One of Don's actually (he is a watercolor artist). Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
Just found this article in case anyone is interested. "Latisse side effects downplayed"

http://www.aolhealth.com/condition-center/eye-care/latisse-side-effects?icid=main|htmlws-main-tarana|dl3|link5|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aolhealth.com%2Fcondition-center%2Feye-care%2Flatisse-side-effects
Blaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
WCSmurfette wrote:
Quote:

Semayden,

I hope it works for you!

WCSmurfette, are these the instructions written in the Lumigan product or did you find this info elsewhere? O wow, maybe this is why my lashes have plateaued after six months. It actually got to the original length. I'll back off to once a week and see if that works. No shedding, just stunted growth for me.
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Blaze, me too. I was just looking at my lashes over the last couple weeks and thinking 'it sort of looks to me as though they are going back a bit to how they were when I started!'

Strange... Shock How does that happen?

They are still better than they were originally, but not brilliant at all!

I am going to come off the Lumigan for a month and start a fresh bottle of Mavala Double Lash for that period and see what transpires.
Blaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
I meant to say Latisse product not Lumigan. I know Lumigan is an opthalmic solution for glaucoma. Sorry.

Semayden, ya, mine is just like yours. It's a teeny bit longer than the original, but not as spectacular as when I first started the Lumigan, nor when I was using the orig JM formula. I got disapponted, really. Tell me what you find out if you back off and restart. I'll just back off to a once-a-week routine and see how that goes.
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Blaze wrote:
I meant to say Latisse product not Lumigan. I know Lumigan is an opthalmic solution for glaucoma. Sorry.

Semayden, ya, mine is just like yours. It's a teeny bit longer than the original, but not as spectacular as when I first started the Lumigan, nor when I was using the orig JM formula. I got disapponted, really. Tell me what you find out if you back off and restart. I'll just back off to a once-a-week routine and see how that goes.

Ok, will do!
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
I guess I'm one of the very lucky ones. My lashes are long, black and way thicker. I have the odd one going sideways but other than this, I am being asked daily where I 'had them done.' Today I was asked twice in the local drug store. I apply it quite heavily to the lash line every second day.
Rileygirl, thanks for posting that letter from the FDA (and girls, order in your supplies from you-know-where in case it all becomes prescription only...) Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia = I was thinking the same thing! Shucks - just ordered too. Should've laid in a bigger supply.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Mex0050

I just wanted to let you know that I have been using the Rapidlash and it ROCKS! I also have been perming my eyelashes at home to give them that extra boost and to not damage them by using a curler daily! I also have dyed my lashes. All of this allow little to no maintainence and I wake up in the morning with lashes that look like they are curled long with mascara on!

So yes, I have been doing all this with no negative effects. As a matter of fact, my older sister Linda, couldn't believe the difference and is now on the Rapidlash and I have permed her lashes once but at that time they were really short so the curl was lost quickly. Mine have been staying and they look amazing!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
I guess I'm one of the very lucky ones. My lashes are long, black and way thicker. I have the odd one going sideways but other than this, I am being asked daily where I 'had them done.' Today I was asked twice in the local drug store. I apply it quite heavily to the lash line every second day.
Rileygirl, thanks for posting that letter from the FDA (and girls, order in your supplies from you-know-where in case it all becomes prescription only...) Rolling Eyes

Yes, you are very lucky, and I am so pleased for you!

But I wish so, so much that I could understand why I haven't had the same results. Perhaps it has to do with hypothyroid (under treatment) or something like that? You never know...
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
semayden...you know, mine won't necessarily stay this way. When they fall out, they may go back to normal Shock I think I have to go beyond six months to really know how long this dazzling effect will last.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
miss tina,

what do you use to perm your lashes at home and where do you get it if you don't mid my asking?

This is what I want to do, perm at home, it's like $20-$40 around here Shock
Miss Tina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
mex0050 wrote:
miss tina,

what do you use to perm your lashes at home and where do you get it if you don't mid my asking?

This is what I want to do, perm at home, it's like $20-$40 around here Shock

Yeah, I was looking at some spa's around here that do it and was severely dissappointed. So i got mine on Ebay. It was awesome because I can do the parts that need a touchup or just recently grew out and need to be curled. I love it. I got it from Asia and it is in a green box. I would just go on Ebay and buy from a reputable seller.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
semayden...you know, mine won't necessarily stay this way. When they fall out, they may go back to normal Shock I think I have to go beyond six months to really know how long this dazzling effect will last.

Well that won't help either of us - will it? Very Happy

I want you to keep your lashes - and I want some to brag about, too! That's all really...
tbumstead
5% products discount

Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
HI there,

I have been using Lumigan for approx 7 months now and have seen awesome growth! I have found that my lashes seem actually stronger and I very rarely loose any.

I have also had my lashes permed which was great. To those of you perming at home-can you do it by yourself?? Is it difficult?

Thanks
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |