Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Anthelios Sunscreen Good Product?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
miss kauai

Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
I wanted to know anyone's opinion regarding La Roche Sunscreen with Mexoryl. If you could mention the exact one you used that would be great. I was thinking about purchasing this, if they'll let me because I live in Hawaii and it's hard to get it shipped here. I have oily/combination skin and I need it primarily for my face. I don't want one that is sticky, white residue, or thick. I would really appreciate anyone's review on this product. Please provide specifics and details. If you think that it is good, please indicate why you feel it is good. Mahalo Nui Loa! Razz
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I did tried many products from this line, including Anthelios Sunscreen. It didn't work for me, as they break my skin out with hives. I am allergic to one or more ingredients in these products.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi miss kauai,

I recently purchased La Roche Posay Melt-In Cream SPF 50. This product is formulated for dry skin and works for me. Doesn't dry out the skin, nor does it leave a white cast, and it absorbs well. No irritation or break-outs. The only draw back is that it leaves a slight *shine*- this product does not have a matt finish. Of course you have to re-apply frequently too.

You will probably need another product from the range becuase of your skin type. Anthelios XL Fluide Extreme SPF 50+ is said to be tailored to the needs of combination to oily skin. I haven't used this so maybe you can check the product review forum here or if not there try Makeupalley.

Here is some information I found on the effectiveness of La Roche's sunscreens and the ingredient Mexoryl:

"To get the best sun protection, you want your sunscreen to contain ingredients that cover as wide a range as possible in the 280-400 spectrum. Here’s how a few of the best and most common sunscreen ingredients breakdown:

Zinc Oxide 290-380
Mexoryl 290-400
Avobenzene 340-375
Titanium Dioxide 290-340
Octinoxate and Octisalate 320-240
Oxybenzone 320-240

Now many sunscreens combine ingredients to cover a wider range of the spectrum. However, you can see that Zinc Oxide and Mexoryl cover the widest spectrum all by themselves, and they are photo-stable ingredients. This is extremely important, because it means your sunscreen won’t lose effectiveness an hour after you apply it like Avobenzene, for example, which is not photo-stable."

Here are some extracts from an article published before the FDA approved the use of Mexoryl in the US:

"So far the Food and Drug Administration has approved only three ingredients protective against UVA: zinc oxide, titanium dioxide and avobenzone

But Mexoryl seems more effective than any of these at protecting against UVA light. In 2000, Canadian and French researchers slathered six brands of sunscreen and sunblock on the backs of volunteers and exposed their skin to a UV sunlamp for 15 minutes. The product containing Mexoryl (along with avobenzone, titanium dioxide and other ingredients) was more than twice as effective in protecting against UVA light as any of the others. The study was published in the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology.

Mexoryl's secret is its chemical structure, Dr. Rigel said. "You can achieve much more efficient and powerful and effective protection with this one ingredient, or you can add it to another ingredient and get an incredibly high SPF protection level, all the way up to SPF 90," as well as UVA protection, he said."

These products also contain:

"The La Roche-Posay Thermal Spa Water is a truly active dermatological ingredient.
Sourced from a spring in the centre of France, La Roche-Posay Thermal Spa Water is exceptionally rich in anti-oxidant Selenium. It has soothing, softening and anti-irritating properties and it is renowned for its dermatological efficacy. It is the only water used in our products to maximise their efficacy.

Dermatologists worldwide recommend La Roche-Posay skincare products."

They also are free of parabens. Sounds good to me Very Happy

Hope that helps.

Jamie.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |