Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DermaDoctor Med e Tate Wipes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:15 am      Reply with quote
Just ordered my wipes from Sephora to try for a few days before I pack them up to go to Mexico. They have doen so much better than my currant Secret Professional and others. If they can hold up thru hot Texas Days and workouts, I am a fan. I am not going to use them daily, just to pack for travel.
I have to be in and out of the pool, so I don't how well they still be effective after that, but each wipe/packaged toilette seems to last more than one application. I can pack them in my beach bag and reapply if needed.

Here's the info from the Sephora site:
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P241734&categoryId=C16330
What it does:
Med-e-tate your way to a blissfully dry existence with a technique so simple, it simply requires the stroke of a towelette. With a patent-pending formulation that contains the most recent antiperspirant therapy—which includes a blend of agents that mimic the effects of Botox Cosmetic when applied topically—this product alleviates the need for cumbersome anti-sweating devices, such as ineffective topical prescriptions, drowsiness-inducing Rx meds, and costly and painful Botox Cosmetic injections or invasive surgery. This product contains the highest potency antiperspirant available and contains botanicals to help maximize dryness. The harmonious union of dermatologist-recommended antiperspirant therapy and innovative "needle-free" technology, replaces a perspiration-filled reality with a supremely dry state of consciousness. The individual packettes easily fit into purse or pocket for discrete use whenever needed.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Annie - I saw this product on the Dermadoctor website recently and was hoping to see a review at EDS. I'm kind of interested as summers here are HOT and humidity often over 90%. I don't think I sweat any more than average, but thought these might be good to have on hand in summer, although they seem a little pricy for everyday use.

Keep us posted how they work out for you poolside in Mexico Smile
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
I was just discussing the cost issue with my hubby! Each wipe seems to be medicated enough to use several times. I have used the same wipe for 3 straight days, refolding and putting it back in its pouch each time, to see how long they would last. I probably could have used it one more day as I am using it just on my underarms, but I didn't want to push it. You can use them even on your face, under the breasts, hands and any where else you have trouble with sweating. I am going to try it on my face as they say they make great makeup primers.
The test for me is applying it in the morning after my shower, wearing it all day, sleeping through it with the occasional hot flashes and then thru my morning workout and walk. If I am not stinky by then, it's a keeper!
I have been thru every deo and antiperspirant on the market, including prescriptions. Those make my underarms burn and then get a rash, especially after shaving. These do not burn and they are long lasting.
If they weren't so expensive, they would be great for every day use, rather than a special occasion and lots of sundresses!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the wipes this past summer with HIGH hopes as I sweat terribly and am constantly looking for something to help. Well, at first I thought maybe they were helping, but it really wasn't as hot a summer as we are known to having. In August I realized that these wipes really weren't helping like I needed them to. I went through almost a whole box. I used them all over my face, underarms, between/under breasts but, when it came down to it and was just plain HOT outside I basically sweat it all off in no time. I was really disappointed because I wanted so much for this to work. I must say though, that I do sweat more than the average person (real feminine right Sad ) so perhaps for those who don't sweat too much maybe this is a good choice. I didn't have any negative reactions and I have very sensitive skin. DERMAdoctor is pretty good about returns so you might just want to give them a try. Best to all of you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Well it stays pretty hot and humid here in Texas!
The problem for me is most deodorants "turn" on me, as in after a while or a few days the odor when I get hot and sweaty is what bothers me.
These wipes have not turned and I am staying very dry. The only other deo that I can use is the NO Odor deodorant for hunters that I buy from Academy or Cabellas in the hunting section. It has more baking soda and ingredients that when mixed with your body doesn't "turn".
I love that stuff but it does leave a white film on your underarms so wearing it with summer dresses is a chore.
That's why I have been so excited about the Med eTate wipes, no film and no odor!
Smile
Sorry to hear they didn't work for you. I hope that these continue to work, but as I got them from Sephora, they do have a great return policy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
I've now got the Med e Tate wipes and have used them 3 times so far. I was quite happy with the results - I used them on face (under make-up), back of neck, chest, those areas that tend to sweat when its hot. I still think they're a bit expensive for every day use, but I used them when I had to attend business type stuff, and had to walk outside in 30 degrees plus to get there and was hoping to look at least slightly professional rather than drenched in sweat.

Seemed to work well, my make-up was still in place and areas where I had applied were definitely dry. Does seem to leave a slightly strange, tight kind of feeling when applied to the face, but it did work. I think I'll be keeping these on hand in summer for those times when I have to leave my beloved air con Smile
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Just got back from Mexico. I used them 8 days for the wedding and I am so impressed. I will save them for special occasions as they are expensive, but holy cow they saved my dresses!
I am so glad I took the splurge and gave some to the bride to be who was EXTREMELY grateful.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Just got back from Mexico. I used them 8 days for the wedding and I am so impressed. I will save them for special occasions as they are expensive, but holy cow they saved my dresses!
I am so glad I took the splurge and gave some to the bride to be who was EXTREMELY grateful.

Wow, I am so happy for you Annie. This seems to be like every other product out there. It works for some and not for others. I sure wish it had worked better for me, but at least some people are benefiting from it. Sounds like it was a great time and I'm sure everyone looked beautiful. Glad it worked out for you. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:37 am      Reply with quote
The sad part is that they DID NOT work for my hubby as well.
I liked them in the way that although it did not PREVENT me from completely sweating (nearly impossible with that heat and humidity)
it did keep me from the dreaded smelling. Every deo I have tried eventually turns and that drives me nuts!!!!! If the ingredients were cost-effective and in a roll-on rather than the wipes, that would be more acceptable as well.

Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:24 am      Reply with quote
I agree. The med-e-tate wipes work pretty well - but you want to know what works even better? Klima antiperspirant. It totally saved my wedding dress. I have like 14 girlfriends using it already. It keeps you dry wherever you spray it. It is like magic. Seriously. ANd, Klima can be used on your feet, hands or armpits. The armpit spray lasts for 5 days!!

And the cool thing is that if it doesn't work, you can return it for a full refund. I think all companies should have to do that.

-Becky
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:03 am      Reply with quote
No Klima for me. I know too many who have tried it, hated it and said it burns. But you are welcome to start a thread and post your own review.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |