Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Miracle for Clogged Pores
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
lgstacey

Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Oh My Gosh. I'm 50 and have been suffering from clogged pores all my life. Someone told me about trying the deep oil cleanse (you can google how to actually do the cleanse). I bought Dessert Jojoba oil. I use a little castor oil and a little jojoba oil. I massage in for 2-3 minutes and then steam my face several times with a warm washcloth. Last time, I gently scrub and that's it. I wake up in the morning with cleaned out pores. I just rinse with water and go. This is FREAKIN crazy but it has been a miracle to me. My skin is better than ever!!!!! Ignore the fact you are plastering your skin with oil. That itself freaks you out after a life of oily skin, acne, and clogged pores. The oil dissolves the oil in your pores.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Oils can be great! Thats awesome you found a combo that works for you.
Be careful with the steaming if your prone to broken capillaries.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
llina wrote:
this OCM sounds like a good method to use during the winter. very nice! and no chemicals. i wonder is the castor oil that is the active ingredient to remove the blackheads? or is it the massage action?

Castor oil is known to have a purging effect on the skin. The massaging helps to loosen up the debris.

BTW, OCM is perfect all year round, not just winter.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Great recipe. Where is a good place to get your oils? And it's getting hard to get castor where I am in New Mexico. The only place I can find is Wal-Greens. Can I also order it on the internet? BTW--this method clears out my pores wonderfully!

DarkMoon wrote:
OCM OIL BLEND FOR OILY SKIN ONLY

1 oz. Jojoba (or your favorite carrier oil
mix)
3 drops ylang ylang oil
2 drops lemon oil
2 drops rosewood oil
1 drop clary sage oil
1 drop geranium oil

Place carrier oil mix or Jojoba oil in clean dark container add the essential oils, blend gently by turning bottle upside time repeatedly or roll gently between the hands to blend well.
Apply a few drops (add if needed) massage as per OCM ussage clean off with hot wash cloth.
This blend may be used as a leave on oil blend as well just apply 1-2 drops 2 times a day after cleassing & toning pat into skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:02 am      Reply with quote
hi Darkmoon,
I saw the recipe for dry skin and iherb site,thanks again for sharing Laughing
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
llina,

I mainly like that link for the massage method, but personally I feel that some Castor Oil is best mixed in as it is what has great deep cleansing properties! The other option is straight Jojoba Oil!

HTH
DM Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
That is a perfect pic BabyDoll! Your DVD sounds like a great idea, you can start your own facial exercise line! Smile

llina wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Yes llina sweetie!

Castor Oil is deep cleansing and gets deep
into the pores to clean them out. Jojoba tends to work as well because it is very similar to the sebum in the skin! Any good massage with the above will give you the double benefit you are looking for! Smile

DM

thank you, angel. i'm glad you understand me, cuz sometimes i don't.

just like your bellalina link, i comprised a whole dvd of facial massages and various techniques. weeks and weeks of work. i'm slowly learning them and will try to come up with a compressed super charged facial that will erase all blackheads and all wrinkles, and take off years. then i'll look like this!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:33 am      Reply with quote
You are a hoot sweetie! If you really don't want to use the Castor Oil just use your oils plus you get a deep cleaning with your Clairsonic!

I am sure that pic was taken before your quest for those plump and sexy lips! Smile

DM LOL

Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |