Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
New slendertone face
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
Philip, perhaps you can give me some advice in making a choice between Tua Trend and Slendertone Face. I'm in my 60s and have considerable sagging issues. Generally speaking I have good skin. No acne, no blackheads or white heads and no milia. My major issues are Nasolabial, marionette lines, jowls and 11s. Since you've tried so many gadget, which one do you think would benefit me the most?
All advice from anyone would be appreciated.

Bellezza - I would honestly say that as we all very different and have individual goals with our face work - I would read as many topics as possible on the Tua Viso and Google reviews on Slendertone Face and maybe come back with some specific questions.

I would also read the EMS vs Facial exercises topics are they are very interesting.

Hope this is a fair reply.

Philip

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
Well Philip, my specific question is what would work best on tightening muscles.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
Well Philip, my specific question is what would work best on tightening muscles.

I don't know as I am still testing the Slendertone Face.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
I was trying to find more information about the slendertone face but when I go to the links it just go straight to their homepage.

I did read somewhere that it has sold out and there is a 2000+ waiting list for it in the U.K.

So are there any links to the company that take you directly to info about the slendertone face?
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:27 am      Reply with quote
lisacollins00 wrote:
I was trying to find more information about the slendertone face but when I go to the links it just go straight to their homepage.

I did read somewhere that it has sold out and there is a 2000+ waiting list for it in the U.K.

So are there any links to the company that take you directly to info about the slendertone face?

Try:
http://www.slendertone.com/Face/About-Slendertone-Face/Shop.aspx

http://www.harrods.com/HarrodsStore/find/k/000000000001949484/p/000000000001949484?source=googleps

The Slendertone web site has stock but Harrods seems to be out of stock.

P

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:39 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
lisacollins00 wrote:

Try:

http://www.harrods.com/HarrodsStore/find/k/000000000001949484/p/000000000001949484?source=googleps

P

Thanks for the links...the first one was exactly what I was looking for.

So I was wondering if there is a way to replace the pads using other ems pads from other ems companies that may be a cheaper alternative to the replacement pads ordered on the slendertone company website?
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
lisacollins00 wrote:
photoqueen wrote:
lisacollins00 wrote:

Try:

P

Thanks for the links...the first one was exactly what I was looking for.

So I was wondering if there is a way to replace the pads using other ems pads from other ems companies that may be a cheaper alternative to the replacement pads ordered on the slendertone company website?

Basically, no, they are shaped to fit the electrode bed and they are very good value, I think, they seem to go on and on, you top they up with a bit of water based jelly.
P

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
Back on to testing today.
Had to have a break.
Will report back.
P.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
After reading the reviews online about this and the information from the Slendertone website (that Photoqueen provided a link to above) and the study information I am interested in getting one of these...but are they being sold to the U.S.?

The Harrods website shows to have some available but they says they do not export that product to the U.S. and the other website linkwww.slendertone.com/Face/About-Slendertone-Face/Shop.aspx (posted above) was working a day ago but when I got to it now it just takes me directly to the U.S. Slendertone homepage that has no info about the Slendertone Face.

So is this being sold to U.S. consumers yet?
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Lisa, this is the reply to a similar question:

Thank you for your enquiry.

We do not have a date yet as to when the new Slendertone Face will be available in the US.

It is FDA approval pending but for further information please send an email with your query to infousa@slendertone.com. This is our US Slendertone team and they will have the latest information in this regard.

Kind regards,
P.Nogues
Yours sincerely,
Ms.Pilar Nogues
Slendertone Customer Care Team
lisacollins00
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
Lisa, this is the reply to a similar question:

Thank you for your enquiry.

We do not have a date yet as to when the new Slendertone Face will be available in the US.

It is FDA approval pending but for further information please send an email with your query to infousa@slendertone.com. This is our US Slendertone team and they will have the latest information in this regard.

Kind regards,
P.Nogues
Yours sincerely,
Ms.Pilar Nogues
Slendertone Customer Care Team

Thanks for the info.

I don't understand why they are not selling it even without the FDA approval...there are many facial devices sold without FDA approval.

Since it might be a while before FDA approval happens...I guess I will have to watch out for any being sold on Ebay.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:12 am      Reply with quote
i use the dr. ho's therapy device (EMS/TENS). i've had it for several years. the machines is sturdy and reliable. it uses square gel pads, as well as other attachments for feet, shoulder, and lumbr. i mainly use it on my forehead because i have frown bumps between my eyes, and just overall i think my forehead looks too hard and bumpy. anyways, i've used it for years. i TRY to do a maintenance on my forehead with 2-3 sessions/week. when i have more time, i use the square gel pads around my temples, cheeks, and jaw line.
drawback: you have to take care of the pads.
pros: keeps the muscle in my face conditioned & healthy. it also makes my skin look dewy/better and makes the fine-fine wrinkles disappear.
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
llina wrote:
i use the dr. ho's therapy device (EMS/TENS). i've had it for several years. the machines is sturdy and reliable. it uses square gel pads, as well as other attachments for feet, shoulder, and lumbr. i mainly use it on my forehead because i have frown bumps between my eyes, and just overall i think my forehead looks too hard and bumpy. anyways, i've used it for years. i TRY to do a maintenance on my forehead with 2-3 sessions/week. when i have more time, i use the square gel pads around my temples, cheeks, and jaw line.
drawback: you have to take care of the pads.
pros: keeps the muscle in my face conditioned & healthy. it also makes my skin look dewy/better and makes the fine-fine wrinkles disappear.

Hi llina, I went to the Dr Ho site (see below) and could see nothing about using this machine for the face - but, rather, using it for pain relief. Where does it say to use for face? - or did you just decide to try it that way?

http://www.drhonow.com/dual-muscle-massage-system-how-it-works.php
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
hi samyaden, i bought the dr ho's dual unit about 7-8 years ago. it didn't come with a dvd back then, but a pamphlet. on the written work it said it could be used on the face and had pictures. i believe on the website there is toll free number or else u can email them. i contacted the office in the gta (toronto) where u can call in orders or pick up. they seem very friendly. they've been around for years and i rely on them to get replacement pads. the unit has different program/massage modes. i lay down for the treatment on my face (10min or 20 min sessions). back a few months, i was busy and didn't use it for many months. i noticed my frown line coming back, and my forehead was looking hard and bumpy. i did maybe 5-6 sessions in the span of 3 days, and my forehead was plumped up. i like this unit when i need a thorough treatment/problem area. i also move it around to my temple , etc. its a powerful machine. i have other machines like this... earlier versions, but they are weak, and inconsistent (power peaks and zaps u which i painful). let me know if u have more questions.

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:53 am      Reply with quote
I received this today from Slendertone:

http://www.slendertone.com/Face/Press/Press.aspx

I am disappointed that Slendertone aren't using their original research in the publicity and the magazine articles aren't doing serious reader's view/studies feedback.

No real update from me - on 45th session tonight.

PQ.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
46th treatment.

I have now noticed that the firming has improved around the jaw line - much better than my previous EMS devices.

The results are very similar to a very gentle/subtle face lift - I can now say that this device does work for me and I will now not use my other EMS devices - because the other crease my skin as previously mentioned - this device is very gentle but lift very gently.

I am not saying this will work for you but these are my findings.

I will carrying on with the protocol to 60 treatments.

I am very pleased with this device.

PQ.

5% products discount

Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:55 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
46th treatment.

I have now noticed that the firming has improved around the jaw line - much better than my previous EMS devices.

The results are very similar to a very gentle/subtle face lift - I can now say that this device does work for me and I will now not use my other EMS devices - because the other crease my skin as previously mentioned - this device is very gentle but lift very gently.

PQ.

YOUPIII!
Congrats on the good results and thank you for sharing! I cannot wait for it to be available in the US...

Meanwhile, I hope you will not think I'm too cheeky and I am not going too much off topic, but... does the ST Abs really work for you? What results did you notice (your notes seem so precise and unbiased!)
Last but not least: the US webpage proposes 2 versions: System Abdominal Muscle Toner, rechargable, and Flex Pro Abdominal Muscle Toner, battery. Are you using any of these?

Thank you in advance, and my apologies if my questions seem a bit too personal Embarassed
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
sarasara wrote:
photoqueen wrote:
46th treatment.

PQ.

YOUPIII!
Congrats on the good results and thank you for sharing! I cannot wait for it to be available in the US...

Meanwhile, I hope you will not think I'm too cheeky and I am not going too much off topic, but... does the ST Abs really work for you? What results did you notice (your notes seem so precise and unbiased!)
Last but not least: the US webpage proposes 2 versions: System Abdominal Muscle Toner, rechargable, and Flex Pro Abdominal Muscle Toner, battery. Are you using any of these?

Thank you in advance, and my apologies if my questions seem a bit too personal Embarassed

I use the System abs - http://www.slendertone.com/p-43-system-abs-male.aspx

It really does work - well - I do a lot of gym work but this help with keep my abs firm.

PQ

5% products discount

Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for your answer. You're an ANGEL!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:31 am      Reply with quote
Phil did you take any before/after photos? I'm curious to know if there was a distinct visible change? Very Happy
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Phil did you take any before/after photos? I'm curious to know if there was a distinct visible change? Very Happy

I didn't and don't take photographs my partner of 28 years is my mirror and best judge if a device is working.

On another point, I spoke to a person in Harrods on Sunday and she had been using the slendertone face for about 8 weeks and was delighted with the results but said she has to place the electrodes lower on her face as the contractions were making the lines around her eyes slightly worse.

Philip

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
I am interested in getting the slendertone for face. When I went to their site Canada is not listed as a country they ship too!! I e-mailed the company, hope to hear back soon. Very Happy
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
TheresaMary wrote:

I didn't and don't take photographs my partner of 28 years is my mirror and best judge if a device is working.

On another point, I spoke to a person in Harrods on Sunday and she had been using the slendertone face for about 8 weeks and was delighted with the results but said she has to place the electrodes lower on her face as the contractions were making the lines around her eyes slightly worse.

Philip

Oh help. I've got myself snagged up here between this Slendertone Face thingy and the new Tua Trend... which, oh which, to spend my newly arrived (and smallish) amount of moola on????

Philip, forgive me intruding, but I notice you haven't hidden your chronological age on this site. My question would be, how old do you think you actually look? And how old does your partner think you look?

Also, do you both feel that the SF has made a really significant difference to additionally youthifying your appearance?

Sorry, but I'm not far off you in age - and have NO INTENTION of giving way to the apparent passage of time...

Now, I will be quiet and won't ask another question (well, tonight, anyway! Laughing )

Thanks P,
Semayden
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
semayden wrote:
Oh help. I've got myself snagged up here between this Slendertone Face thingy and the new Tua Trend... which, oh which, to spend my newly arrived (and smallish) amount of moola on????

Me too!! Except I have no newly arrived moola, and none expected to arrive either!

I can't see how different the Tua Trend would be to the Tua Viso. Both devices have the two pads, except the Trend has it on the end of a wire and the Viso has it incorporated into the main body of the device. Someone (forget who) over on the Tua Viso thread, has just bought the Trend and will report back a comparison of the two devices - so I'm waiting to see that.

Phillip - how different is the muscle contraction feeling of the Slendertone compared to the Tua Viso? Does it contract and hold?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
semayden wrote:

Me too!! Except I have no newly arrived moola, and none expected to arrive either!

I can't see how different the Tua Trend would be to the Tua Viso. Both devices have the two pads, except the Trend has it on the end of a wire and the Viso has it incorporated into the main body of the device. Someone (forget who) over on the Tua Viso thread, has just bought the Trend and will report back a comparison of the two devices - so I'm waiting to see that.

Phillip - how different is the muscle contraction feeling of the Slendertone compared to the Tua Viso? Does it contract and hold?

Yes, yes, yes... I get worried though about taking too long over my decision. The Christmas post will start to slow things up in another week or two...

Aaand, I was just looking at something called a Stimulec facial device, sold on medical/phisiotherapy sites - which got me interested because that's who they were aiming it at... for the patients of these practitioners. AND it's only about £50...

However, mustn't detract from this SF thread!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |