Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

New slendertone face
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:02 am      Reply with quote
semayden wrote:
photoqueen wrote:
TheresaMary wrote:
Phil did you take any before/after photos? I'm curious to know if there was a distinct visible change? Very Happy

I didn't and don't take photographs my partner of 28 years is my mirror and best judge if a device is working.

On another point, I spoke to a person in Harrods on Sunday and she had been using the slendertone face for about 8 weeks and was delighted with the results but said she has to place the electrodes lower on her face as the contractions were making the lines around her eyes slightly worse.

Philip

Oh help. I've got myself snagged up here between this Slendertone Face thingy and the new Tua Trend... which, oh which, to spend my newly arrived (and smallish) amount of moola on????

Philip, forgive me intruding, but I notice you haven't hidden your chronological age on this site. My question would be, how old do you think you actually look? And how old does your partner think you look?

(If you look at my signature - you will see I am 50 years old - people think I am late 30s. I think this partly to do with all my use of devices but I am lucky that both my parents and my sister all look very young)

Also, do you both feel that the SF has made a really significant difference to additionally youthifying your appearance? (Not a huge difference, as stated a very gentle lift.)

Sorry, but I'm not far off you in age - and have NO INTENTION of giving way to the apparent passage of time...

Now, I will be quiet and won't ask another question (well, tonight, anyway! Laughing )

Thanks P,
Semayden

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:05 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
semayden wrote:
Oh help. I've got myself snagged up here between this Slendertone Face thingy and the new Tua Trend... which, oh which, to spend my newly arrived (and smallish) amount of moola on????

Me too!! Except I have no newly arrived moola, and none expected to arrive either!

I can't see how different the Tua Trend would be to the Tua Viso. Both devices have the two pads, except the Trend has it on the end of a wire and the Viso has it incorporated into the main body of the device. Someone (forget who) over on the Tua Viso thread, has just bought the Trend and will report back a comparison of the two devices - so I'm waiting to see that.

Phillip - how different is the muscle contraction feeling of the Slendertone compared to the Tua Viso? Does it contract and hold?
(The slendertone is very gentle gives a very smooth wave a cross the whole face but DOES not contract the muscles like TV and Tua Trend, I found these contractions caused creasing of the skin, slendertone does not do this, if it does you have the pads in the wrong place)

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Philip for all your information.

In the end, I sprang for the Tua Tre'nd, based on the fact that those who'd alrady used the Tua Viso were highly enthusiastic about the newer version (Tua Tre'nd). Also it was cheaper than the SF.

I'm certainly not sure whether I've made the right choice - but if it doesn't work well within 90 days, I'll send it back and try the Slendertone Face next.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
semayden wrote:

In the end, I sprang for the Tua Tre'nd, based on the fact that those who'd alrady used the Tua Viso were highly enthusiastic about the newer version (Tua Tre'nd). Also it was cheaper than the SF.

I'm certainly not sure whether I've made the right choice - but if it doesn't work well within 90 days, I'll send it back and try the Slendertone Face next.

Why not start a new topic and track your progress for us all?

Philip

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
semayden wrote:

Why not start a new topic and track your progress for us all?

Philip

That's a good idea, Philip. There's one other person over on the 'Tua Viso user' thread who just received her Tua Trend, so when mine comes (asap I hope!) I will definitely start a 'test-driving Tua Tre'nd' thread for you all to follow. Thanks again for all your encouraging input so far!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:21 am      Reply with quote
After sitting on the fence for ages over this one, I've finally ordered the Slendertone Face. I'm pretty happy with the way my skin is looking (for my age, that is) but I'd love to give my face a bit of a lift. Nothing I've tried so far has done anything. I did think at one stage that the Tua Viso was plumping up my cheeks a little, but I think that was more wishful thinking than anything else. I've seen no improvement in my jawline.

I was thinking of trying the Tua Trend, but what finally attracted me to the Slendertone was sheer laziness - the fact that you can just wear it like a headset and sit there like a dummy suits me fine! I also have the Safetox and find it really easy to use and I've noticed some lifting around my eyes (the pics are on the Safetox thread) - so I'm really hoping the Slendertone will do the same for my jowls.

Will let you all know what I think after I've given it a whirl.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:10 am      Reply with quote
I have now hit the 60 treatment mark.

The results are still the same as I previously shared - a very gentle, subtle face lift - more noticeable around the lower face than upper area.

I would say it was worth the investment for me.

I am now on maintenance which is 2/3 times a week.

I have started to use the SL with the TV and alternating between the two - these results look much more interesting. I will add in facial exercises after xmas.

PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:34 am      Reply with quote
It's so great to hear reports back on your results. Thank you. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
After sitting on the fence for ages over this one, I've finally ordered the Slendertone Face. I'm pretty happy with the way my skin is looking (for my age, that is) but I'd love to give my face a bit of a lift. Nothing I've tried so far has done anything. I did think at one stage that the Tua Viso was plumping up my cheeks a little, but I think that was more wishful thinking than anything else. I've seen no improvement in my jawline.

I was thinking of trying the Tua Trend, but what finally attracted me to the Slendertone was sheer laziness - the fact that you can just wear it like a headset and sit there like a dummy suits me fine! I also have the Safetox and find it really easy to use and I've noticed some lifting around my eyes (the pics are on the Safetox thread) - so I'm really hoping the Slendertone will do the same for my jowls.

Will let you all know what I think after I've given it a whirl.

Goody. Yet another tester! I'l be watching this thread to see how Philip and yourself go on...
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
If anyone knows where to buy it in the US please post. I hope Nancy at NCN will carry it.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
If anyone knows where to buy it in the US please post. I hope Nancy at NCN will carry it.

Why don't you purchase from Slendertoneface.com - I'm in Australia and that's what I've done.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
But electricity isn't the same, then I'll have to deal with converters and such...
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu, did you buy the ST Face? I went to slendertone.com but did not find the ST Face. They show 3 units for women:

System Abdominal Muscle Toner
Flex Pro Abdominal Muscle Toner
Flex Go Abdominal Muscle Toner

from $149.99 to $99.99

The difference between the 3 systems is not explained well. Maybe it's me,I'm not clear on which one would be most beneficial to achieve a flatter stomach.

In any case I want the ST Face.
lisacollins00
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:

There are no places currently selling it yet in the U.S.

At the moment it is only being sold by companies that are located in other countries.
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the System Abdominal Muscle Toner. I found it on ebay for $80.00 and it's new.
I'll wait on the ST Face.
lisacollins00
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
I bought the System Abdominal Muscle Toner. I found it on ebay for $80.00 and it's new.
I'll wait on the ST Face.

Yeh, I am watching Ebay for the Slendertone Face...there was someone selling a new one last week but I was not the highest bidder...so for now just wait and see.
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
Lisa, there is a current listing for ST Face on Ebay. Seller, kwok1966, is in HongKong, I wonder if it's a knockoff
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:53 am      Reply with quote
I purchased the Slendertone Face from here:

http://www.slendertone.com/

As for the difference in plugs, I just use a travel adaptor - I have to do this for most of my devices because they've all been purchased from overseas - it's really not a problem.

I saw the one on Ebay too - and placed a bid. I worked out it sold for about $50 less, so it wasn't a huge saving. When I missed out on it, that's what made me buy it. They don't come up on Ebay very often and they hold their price.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:58 am      Reply with quote
Philip

I have been using the Slendertone Face for a couple of weeks and have noticed that the lines under my eyes may have been getting worse. So, I was interested to read your comment regarding the woman in Harrods.
Wherever I place the pads I still seem to get flickering eyes/eyelids. I wonder what your experience of this is...did you manage to avoid flickering eyes?

photoqueen wrote:
TheresaMary wrote:
Phil did you take any before/after photos? I'm curious to know if there was a distinct visible change? Very Happy

I didn't and don't take photographs my partner of 28 years is my mirror and best judge if a device is working.

On another point, I spoke to a person in Harrods on Sunday and she had been using the slendertone face for about 8 weeks and was delighted with the results but said she has to place the electrodes lower on her face as the contractions were making the lines around her eyes slightly worse.

Philip
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:47 am      Reply with quote
londonStar wrote:
Philip

I have been using the Slendertone Face for a couple of weeks and have noticed that the lines under my eyes may have been getting worse. So, I was interested to read your comment regarding the woman in Harrods.
Wherever I place the pads I still seem to get flickering eyes/eyelids. I wonder what your experience of this is...did you manage to avoid flickering eyes?

photoqueen wrote:
TheresaMary wrote:

Philip

I would move the headset down the face so the electrodes are nearer to the jaw bone rather than under the side burn part of the hair line.

You will find the further down the face the less eye flickering and creasing.

PQ.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hello. I've been keenly following Photoqueen's updates on the Slendertone Face while I've been using it myself.

I've reached 46 sessions and have noticed a good difference. I don't think I show more wrinkles around my eyes, certainly not round the rest of my face. But for me the point is uplift, to banish heaviness and crumples. I don't mind a few normal lines. And in that regard, I think the SF has worked.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:45 am      Reply with quote
Endora wrote:
Hello. I've been keenly following Photoqueen's updates on the Slendertone Face while I've been using it myself.

I've reached 46 sessions and have noticed a good difference. I don't think I show more wrinkles around my eyes, certainly not round the rest of my face. But for me the point is uplift, to banish heaviness and crumples. I don't mind a few normal lines. And in that regard, I think the SF has worked.

Welcome Endora!! Could I ask your age as I think this has a lot to do with the results achieved? Alsol, has the device improved your jawline? TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:18 am      Reply with quote
Endora wrote:

Endora - thank you for the feedback. It does take a lot of time to provide proper feedback and I will continue to keep you informed on the SL progress.

I am delighted that SL is working for you - as I said in an earlier post, I think the device is worth the investment.

Purely from a practical perspective, a lot of people stop using devices like TV and TTrend because there is a lot work in using them - the beauty of the SL is you just put the headset on and wait 20 mins - so people with stick with the programme and hopefully see the results.

PQ.

Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
I look forward to more of your updates, Photoqueen.

Keliu, I'm 54, generally look young for my age, have a good complexion, few lines. I think it has helped my jawline. Most of all a slight vertical pouching running from one side of my mouth down.

I did some years ago use the Babyliss, which was quite effective, but, as Photoqueen says, too much work.

One problem I do have with the Slendertone Face is that it leaves indentations on my face for a few hours afterwards. This is annoying since I find it convenient to use in the morning. I work from home and go out once they've faded.

And I find the gel pads tricky to put on. I've used Photoqueen's tip to extend their lives with conductive gel.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Endora wrote:
Keliu, I'm 54, generally look young for my age, have a good complexion, few lines. I think it has helped my jawline. Most of all a slight vertical pouching running from one side of my mouth down.

Well, you're not too far away from me, so that's encouraging. My skin is also pretty good for my age - but it is those dreaded marionette pouches that I HATE, HATE, HATE! I've tried all sorts of things, but so far, nothing has worked. Sometimes I think it's the shape of my mouth that exacerbates this - I have a tiny little mouth, with tiny little teeth. I think those blessed with the Julia Roberts mouth and choppers are much better off! Probably what I really need is a gadget to increase the size of my teeth! Laughing

Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |