Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
New slendertone face
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
Endora wrote:
I look forward to more of your updates, Photoqueen.

Keliu, I'm 54, generally look young for my age, have a good complexion, few lines. I think it has helped my jawline. Most of all a slight vertical pouching running from one side of my mouth down.

I did some years ago use the Babyliss, which was quite effective, but, as Photoqueen says, too much work.

One problem I do have with the Slendertone Face is that it leaves indentations on my face for a few hours afterwards. This is annoying since I find it convenient to use in the morning. I work from home and go out once they've faded.

And I find the gel pads tricky to put on. I've used Photoqueen's tip to extend their lives with conductive gel.

Good news, generally then!

Not so good about the indentation marks, though. I wonder if everyone gets them, or if there is something to be done to avvoid them? Is the headset size adjustable?

Philip, do you get indentations on your face as well?
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:10 am      Reply with quote
semayden wrote:
Endora wrote:
I look forward to more of your updates, Photoqueen.

Keliu, I'm 54, generally look young for my age, have a good complexion, few lines. I think it has helped my jawline. Most of all a slight vertical pouching running from one side of my mouth down.

I did some years ago use the Babyliss, which was quite effective, but, as Photoqueen says, too much work.

One problem I do have with the Slendertone Face is that it leaves indentations on my face for a few hours afterwards. This is annoying since I find it convenient to use in the morning. I work from home and go out once they've faded.

And I find the gel pads tricky to put on. I've used Photoqueen's tip to extend their lives with conductive gel.

Good news, generally then!

Not so good about the indentation marks, though. I wonder if everyone gets them, or if there is something to be done to avvoid them? Is the headset size adjustable?

Philip, do you get indentations on your face as well?

I get a mark where the pad has been sitting, that is due to the pad being in contact with the skin and the passing of current to the muscle but this fades after 15 minutes.

I don't get a physical indentation mark.

Philip

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:38 am      Reply with quote
Treatment 70.

I have noticed a nice improvement since treatment 60, a more dramatic lift, I moved up to everyday from 5 times a week to see if this makes a difference too and it does.

I have also introduced facial massage using my Tresonic brush, I love this brush so much, and it has a massage head which really helps to brighten up the skin first thing in the morning.

PQ.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:40 am      Reply with quote
I received my Slendetone Face today, so have just finished my first treatment.

I found the gel pads fiddly to apply and not nearly as user friendly as the patches that are used with the Safetox device.

I also had some trouble in finding the correct placement on my face. The model in the instructions appears to have the headset placed quite high on her face. But the info says to place the paddles below the cheekbone, so for me the headset seemed to be sitting quite low. When I did try a higher placement, my eye twitched, so I moved it back down. The paddles to have a tight grip and leave marks on my face - but as I intend to do the treatments at night this isn't an issue for me.

On all programmes I could see my mouth twitching - don't know whether this is right or not.

The sensations on all three programmes are very pleasant and relaxing. I can also wear my glasses whilst wearing the headset - so that's great because it means I can use my computer or read a book or magazine whilst having the treatment.

One thing that I was unaware of - the instructions say to wait at least three months after having Botox to use the device. It also says that Botox will reduce the effectiveness of using Slendertone Face, even if you use it 3 months after the administration of the Botox. This is a bit of a worry because the Safetox is supposed to mimic the effects of Botox. So by using the Slendertone am I nulling the effects of the Safetox?

The device is definitely easier to use than the Tua Viso because you just plonk it on your face and forget about it, so to speak. I'll report back after I've done a few more treatments.

BTW, is it ok to do all three programmes in one sitting, or are you supposed to do just one programme per day?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:56 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I received my Slendetone Face today, so have just finished my first treatment.

I found the gel pads fiddly to apply and not nearly as user friendly as the patches that are used with the Safetox device.

Try, peeling off clear cover A, make sure you can see the edge that met with cover B and get your nail under it, place the pad on the headset electrode with anchoring A then peel off B and smooth the pad down on the electrode.

I also had some trouble in finding the correct placement on my face. The model in the instructions appears to have the headset placed quite high on her face. But the info says to place the paddles below the cheekbone, so for me the headset seemed to be sitting quite low. When I did try a higher placement, my eye twitched, so I moved it back down. The paddles to have a tight grip and leave marks on my face - but as I intend to do the treatments at night this isn't an issue for me.

Draw a line from your cheekbone to your ear, the line could start at the top of your ear lobe, the top of the headset should start at the point, the headset is fairly low down on the face, the headset on each side should be a finger's width away from the ear. Your eyes will twitch and so will your mouth, this is the current stimulating the nerves to these areas.

On all programmes I could see my mouth twitching - don't know whether this is right or not. It is right.

The sensations on all three programmes are very pleasant and relaxing. I can also wear my glasses whilst wearing the headset - so that's great because it means I can use my computer or read a book or magazine whilst having the treatment.

One thing that I was unaware of - the instructions say to wait at least three months after having Botox to use the device. It also says that Botox will reduce the effectiveness of using Slendertone Face, even if you use it 3 months after the administration of the Botox. This is a bit of a worry because the Safetox is supposed to mimic the effects of Botox. So by using the Slendertone am I nulling the effects of the Safetox?

This is an issue - a toned face from the eyes down looks great but to tone the forehead areas does lead to some skin creasing which is undoing the work done by the safetox, but I would suggest SL first then safetox straight after so they cancel out each other.

The device is definitely easier to use than the Tua Viso because you just plonk it on your face and forget about it, so to speak. I'll report back after I've done a few more treatments.

BTW, is it ok to do all three programmes in one sitting, or are you supposed to do just one programme per day?

I have spoken to Slendertone tech support and they will email on Monday to confirm that you should only undertake one treatment a day, I am not sure on this one.

Philip

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for all that help. I feel more reassured now.

I think I had the paddles in the right place, because they were about level with the top of the ear lobe.

At the moment, I'm using the Safetox in the mornings - I also have Botox. I think the Safetox has given me some lift in that area - but I'm far more concerned with improving my lower face. I'm going to use the Slendertone in the evenings. I've got more current flowing into my face than Frankenstein's monster ever had!

I'll be interested to see what the email says about doing the programmes - I also took the instructions to mean that you just do one per day. Nevertheless, I did them all just to see what they felt like!

To be honest, I don't have much faith that slack skin can be lifted - but I live in hope and try absolutely everything. No one can say that I'm not persistent. The bonus is that the quality of my skin has definitely improved. I just hope I get some good lifting results like you.

Thanks again for the advice.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:59 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

You are very welcome.

I am applying electrode conductive gel to the pads, when they start to dry out, my pads are lasting much longer.

Philip

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:16 am      Reply with quote
http://www.slendertone.com/Face/downloads/face_im_eng.pdf

I think the placement shown in the diagram is misleading, I called Slendertone and they confirmed, the pads should sit below the cheek bones.

Philip

Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Journalist at The Guardian has been trialling Slendertone Face. Because I'm a new member I'm not allowed to type the full web address.

guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2009/dec/16/slendertone-face-review
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
semayden wrote:
Good about the pads: thanks for the online manual: glad I'm not alone in 'metallic' taste, but interested in lack of it with this SF.

I shall be watching your progress like a hawk for the next few weeks. Hope for all our sakes that it proves to be a worthwhile replacement for the cleo/tua viso etc.

The only problem I see is that because you've used these things for so many years, it will be hard for you to ascertain how well it succeeds in toning your face - because you must already be in good shape. Still, at least you can tell us how user-friendly it is!

Re pads and their sticky ways, I have also been prolonging the life of my Slendertone Flex for abs with *cough* water-based lubricants, and these definitely work well. Hard to see why they wouldn't, as we just need to keep the pads moist (water based, people, NOT oil-based Laughing ).

Am pulsing on my Cleo ll as I type. I do feel that I have to keep my tongue carefully back behind my teeth with this type of device, as this/caci/and other ones have nearly had me biting my tongue before now!

I have a Slendertone Abs and I'm interested in extending the life of the pads. I'm not clear on what *cough water based lubricants* or *cough KY jelly* are. Can someone explain? Is there a brand name? Is it available in drugstores?
Thank you all for the great posts. I'm enjoying following this thread.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

I think I had the paddles in the right place, because they were about level with the top of the ear lobe.

This web page illustrates clearly where the pads should be placed, I think this link is better than the actual manual supplied with the unit:

http://www.slendertone.com/Face/How-Face-Works/Technology.aspx

PQ

5% products discount

Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
I have just purchased a Slendertone face from e-bay for $95 dollars, shipping was included. The only downside is that it ships form China. The price was just too good to pass up. I will post when it arrives.
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
I also bought the same ST Face on eBay for $95.00. I can't believe the price. Let's hope we get it and it's the real thing. I'll keep you posted.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
Sunshinetreasure wrote:
I have just purchased a Slendertone face from e-bay for $95 dollars, shipping was included. The only downside is that it ships form China. The price was just too good to pass up. I will post when it arrives.

Oh don't tell me!! I've been watching Ebay and haven't seen any at that price. I don't know if it's a downside with it being shipped from China - the device is actually manufacturered there anyway.

ETA: Have just checked out the Ebay store - this is absolutely sickening. I feel totally ripped off!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
I have a Slendertone Abs and I'm interested in extending the life of the pads. I'm not clear on what *cough water based lubricants* or *cough KY jelly* are. Can someone explain? Is there a brand name? Is it available in drugstores?
Thank you all for the great posts. I'm enjoying following this thread.

Over on the Safetox thread we've been having a discussion on using Tac Gel to prolong the use of the Safetox patches. I've ordered it, but haven't received it yet - I'm hoping it will work for the SF as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
londonStar wrote:
Journalist at The Guardian has been trialling Slendertone Face. Because I'm a new member I'm not allowed to type the full web address.

guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2009/dec/16/slendertone-face-review

The author appears to be totally underwhelmed with the device - which has also been my experience with every EMS gadget that I've tried. I'm hoping for some results with the SF, but now that I know I could have bought it much cheaper on Ebay I might never recover! Rolling Eyes

5% products discount

Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
I was actually researching the safetox when I found the Slendertone on e-bay. I guess I am easily distracted. I am stlll trying to find the best way to purchase the Safetox in the US.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
Sunshinetreasure wrote:

From the UK today - the cheapest Slendertone Face is £240.00 shipped in the UK.

Can you post the link you purchased your device from?

There was an older version of a Slendertone Face for £50.00 on ebay, I would be very interested.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
Previous post - I meant to say I was looking on Ebay.
PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu, don't be upset about the cheap ST. You have the real thing, we bought a knock-off.

Thank you for anwearing my question on the gel. I'll do a search for Tac Gel.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
Keliu, don't be upset about the cheap ST. You have the real thing, we bought a knock-off.

Thank you for anwearing my question on the gel. I'll do a search for Tac Gel.

I have searched again and no sign of any cheap SL but a few cheap alternatives ?????

PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
PQ, the seller is watchesstore09. It's a store that ships from Hong Kong. Let us know is you think it's an older model. However they're using a picture of the real thing...
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
PQ, the seller is watchesstore09. It's a store that ships from Hong Kong. Let us know is you think it's an older model. However they're using a picture of the real thing...

You are right - it looks like the real thing.

I am not pleased at all - I paid £300.00, I am going to contact Slendertone in the morning and complain.

PQ.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Here you go Photoqueen:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=150398566286&Category=15274&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D1

It may not be a knock-off - the SF is manufactured in China after all. In addition, the old adage of "You get what you pay for" doesn't really apply in this world anymore. They're probably manufacturing the "real" SF devices for next to nothing in China anyway.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
PQ, Please don't complain yet... Wait till they ship my unit. They may be shut down and prevented from shipping. Promise you'll wait a week before you contact ST.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |