Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
New slendertone face
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:53 am      Reply with quote
The gadget bug I am.....well you girls and guys guessed it..... I took the plunge and went the ebay route. What I do wonder about . Rolling Eyes ... is there were some of these produced in the beginning that had some problems and they had to tweak some issues with them. Wonder if this ebay batch is from that supply. Rolling Eyes Well if was worth the risk and I took it Very Happy
Toby

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
The gadget bug I am.....well you girls and guys guessed it..... I took the plunge and went the ebay route. What I do wonder about . Rolling Eyes ... is there were some of these produced in the beginning that had some problems and they had to tweak some issues with them. Wonder if this ebay batch is from that supply. Rolling Eyes Well if was worth the risk and I took it Very Happy
Toby

One issue I remember reading about those batches produced in the beginning was that they had a flaw in the headset where they would snap and break.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:17 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:

Keliu - let me know what Slendertone say.

Well, I told them that I had teeth implants and that the current hurt my teeth and I couldn't stand it! This isn't so much as a lie, but a gross exageration. But I felt that I needed a reason to return it. Here is their reply:

Thank you for your email,

Dental implants should not be a problem, as the trials included women with dental fillings and implants. We are targeting the Facial nerve, not the mouth area. If you are still uncertain as to if you should use Slendertone Face, please seek advice from your Dentist.

If your dentist advises against use, please send me an email immediately.

I'm not sure what to do now! What if I send it back and the Ebay ones turn out to be bodgy?

I feel sick about the whole thing - my face will never recover! The sour sad look that I bought the SF to improve has now got a whole lot worse!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I can't find this on ebay, has ot been taken down ?

Jackie xx

Try this

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Slendertone-Face-Tone-the-Muscles-Lift-the-Face-Hot_W0QQitemZ150398566286QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item230473ff8e

Seller name is watchstore09

thanks hun xx

does anyone know if this might dissolve fillers quicker ? as I have filler right about where the pads would go ?

Jackie xx
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
does anyone know if this might dissolve fillers quicker ? as I have filler right about where the pads would go ?

I believe any type of massage or stimulation will dissipate the fillers faster.

Also, it's not really recommended to use it if you have Botox - the effects will be lessened.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:01 am      Reply with quote
I don't know if it is something funky with my internet connection...but I just went to that ebay posting to see and even though it says 9 available it says the listing has ended.

Is anyone else getting that?
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
photoqueen wrote:

Keliu - let me know what Slendertone say.

Well, I told them that I had teeth implants and that the current hurt my teeth and I couldn't stand it! This isn't so much as a lie, but a gross exageration. But I felt that I needed a reason to return it. Here is their reply:

Thank you for your email,

Dental implants should not be a problem, as the trials included women with dental fillings and implants. We are targeting the Facial nerve, not the mouth area. If you are still uncertain as to if you should use Slendertone Face, please seek advice from your Dentist.

If your dentist advises against use, please send me an email immediately.

I'm not sure what to do now! What if I send it back and the Ebay ones turn out to be bodgy?

I feel sick about the whole thing - my face will never recover! The sour sad look that I bought the SF to improve has now got a whole lot worse!

I hope it all works out for you.

I have decided to be very festive and be happy that I bought a machine with 2 years warranty from the Harrods - so if it breaks or I have problems I have full cover and just enjoy using it.

I have move the headset down slightly today and the results were good.

I am going to the final of Strictly Come Dancing (Dancing with the Stars - US version) tomorrow - so I am just finishing off with an LED and then off to London to the BBC studios.

PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
lisacollins00 wrote:
I don't know if it is something funky with my internet connection...but I just went to that ebay posting to see and even though it says 9 available it says the listing has ended.

Is anyone else getting that?

Yes,Lisa, me! What's going on... Confused

I'm in UK. Is that a clue, I wonder?
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
The eBay deal did not work out. I got the following email from seller:

Firstly..i'm so sorry ,because your order item has been out and none of them is left in the stock...so i'll refund your money..

may be next months the product will be in stock..so if u need again,.I'll contact you later..

Thank for your support..i'm so sorry dear friend..

- watchesstore09

I'm highly disappointed and don't understand how they list "10 items available" and then announce they're out of stock. I was #2 to buy... Has anyone else got a similar email from them?
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Bellezza,

not yet, but I am sure it will follow.
Strangely enough the whole entry is no longer to be found.

Oh well, it was too good to be true I guess.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
The eBay deal did not work out. I got the following email from seller:

Firstly..i'm so sorry ,because your order item has been out and none of them is left in the stock...so i'll refund your money..

may be next months the product will be in stock..so if u need again,.I'll contact you later..

Thank for your support..i'm so sorry dear friend..

- watchesstore09

I'm highly disappointed and don't understand how they list "10 items available" and then announce they're out of stock. I was #2 to buy... Has anyone else got a similar email from them?

That is weird especially since you were number two to order. And as I mentioned when I first found it the quantity was set at 5 then they upped it to 9 as the revisions showed there was a quantity change.

The fact that they also took up to 20 days to ship was weird.

Might have been a situation where they would sell a lot and say they needed 20 days to ship and then get the money out of their Paypal account within that time and never send the stuff leaving Paypal to refund everyone back their money while the seller had already took the money.
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
I got the same email. Some sounds suss to me.
Maybe we are better off.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Kate, did you respond to the email?
I wrote back that I was highly disappointed and asked for an explanation (not that I expect one).
lisacollins00
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Have you all gotten your refunds yet?
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
I did too Bellezza. Lisa no refund yet!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
katebargold wrote:
I did too Bellezza. Lisa no refund yet!!!

Just make sure they don't give you any excuses for not immediately refunding your money.

It should not take a long time to do a simple refund though paypal
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
This is all extremely suss. I have never experienced anything like this happening with Ebay. The twenty days to ship was also very odd, as were the up and down numbers available.

I have to be honest and say that I'm glad that this has turned out this way (for my sake!) - but I'm really sorry the deal didn't work out for all of you. I'm sure there will be no problem getting your money back from Paypal. I think there should be an investigation as to what actually went on here.

I still think the bottom line is that the device is too expensive - the reality is that they're probably being manufacturer in China very cheaply.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
I have move the headset down slightly today and the results were good.

I am going to the final of Strictly Come Dancing (Dancing with the Stars - US version) tomorrow - so I am just finishing off with an LED and then off to London to the BBC studios.

I'm thinking that the reason the model in the promo material has the device placed so high on the cheekbones is because if you move it below the cheekbones your face gets totally squished and you look like a goldfish, at least I do. I'm still experimenting with placement, but I find I can't move it too low beneath the cheekbone because its then resting on my jaw.

Have fun at Come Dancing - I still remember when Victor Sylvester used to be on it - yes, I'm ancient and from England originally.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:58 am      Reply with quote
eBay seller of ST Face refunded my money. This has been a big disappointment.
lisacollins00
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
eBay seller of ST Face refunded my money. This has been a big disappointment.

Even though the sale didn't go completely through doesn't Ebay allow the buyer to leave feedback on the seller about things like this so other people don't end up in the same situation.
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Lisa, the listing on my eBay account shows a refund and it doesn't look like I can leave Feedback. At least I don't know how. I could have left one yesterday before the refund but did not.

Under My eBay 'Buying Reminders' it shows that I need to pay for one item and I need to leave Feedback for one item. I was unable to leave Feedback that said money was refunded.

I sent an email to eBay customer Service (cswebhelp@ebay.com) asking how to resolve the notes under 'Buying Reminders'

I don't think this poses big problems but I don't like to be told I have to pay for an item. Let me know how you handled it. Thanks
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
I think this situation deserves investigation by Ebay. How do we know they weren't selling stolen goods? They do have another Slendertone body device for sale, but the majority of items they are selling is watches.

If, in the future, this seller again lists the Slendertone Face for sale, how will we know if the deal is genuine or not.

I would definitely register a complaint with Ebay.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
When the Malibu Pilates chair came out it was sold for over 300.00 dollars, very quickly it was available on ebay for around 75.00 from distributors that were getting it from China. There was also another pilates device that went the exact same way.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
When the Malibu Pilates chair came out it was sold for over 300.00 dollars, very quickly it was available on ebay for around 75.00 from distributors that were getting it from China. There was also another pilates device that went the exact same way.

I definitely agree that Ebay is a great place to find bargains - I gave a similar example with my camera purchase earlier.

But why were the SFs removed from sale? This is what I think is suss.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
My guess is since EDS is widely viewed by distributors as well as actual members the word got out quickly what was happening. This is not the first time that ebay folks got their hands slapped by the company producing the products when they got wind of it. This happened with the Stop and also Bare Minerals.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |