Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
New slendertone face
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
photoqueen wrote:
Bought a Slendertone Face today.
Will report back soon.
PQ

I'll also eagerly be awaiting your review. I want to know whether it contracts the muscles like the Tua Viso (I mean makes the face contort and twitch) or whether it just emits a current.

There are three programmes.
1. Life and tone
2. Radiance - improve circulation to the skin
3. Massage

I have used 1. and the treatment is 20 minutes - it is totally different to my Cleo machine - the skin doesn't crease - which can cause wrinkles - but instead the muscles twitch around the whole face.

Too early to say what it is doing but will report back.

Regime is 5 times a week for 20 mins.

The headset is very comfortable and easy to use and watch TV or relax.

PQ.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
Keliu wrote:
photoqueen wrote:
Will report back soon.
PQ

I'll also eagerly be awaiting your review. I want to know whether it contracts the muscles like the Tua Viso (I mean makes the face contort and twitch) or whether it just emits a current.

1. Life and tone
3. Massage

I have used 1. and the treatment is 20 minutes - it is totally different to my Cleo machine - the skin doesn't crease - which can cause wrinkles - but instead the muscles twitch around the whole face.

PQ.

That was 11 days ago, hun. Please can we have another update if possible?

I'm one who was doing manual facial exercises until recently, but haven't found the improvement I hoped for with those (or not beyond the first 6 weeks or so). Accordingly, I dug my old and hardly used Cleo ll out, which works fine. Been using it for 5 days now amd love the plumpening effect and complexion glow!

Very, very interested in this Slendertone face - as I have had some good results from my Slendertone Flex (Abs) over the summer.

This led me to re-consider the EMS style of facial workout, and I like the sound of just the one pad in front of the ear, plus it's hands free (headset style).

So, yes, I'm very keen to have your opinion on the SF! Very Happy

That's interesting. We both joined on the 25th March - but in different years! Cool
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:00 am      Reply with quote
semayden wrote:
photoqueen wrote:
Keliu wrote:
photoqueen wrote:
Will report back soon.
PQ

1. Life and tone
3. Massage

PQ.

That was 11 days ago, hun. Please can we have another update if possible?

I'm one who was doing manual facial exercises until recently, but haven't found the improvement I hoped for with those (or not beyond the first 6 weeks or so). Accordingly, I dug my old and hardly used Cleo ll out, which works fine. Been using it for 5 days now amd love the plumpening effect and complexion glow!

Very, very interested in this Slendertone face - as I have had some good results from my Slendertone Flex (Abs) over the summer.

This led me to re-consider the EMS style of facial workout, and I like the sound of just the one pad in front of the ear, plus it's hands free (headset style).

So, yes, I'm very keen to have your opinion on the SF! Very Happy

That's interesting. We both joined on the 25th March - but in different years! Cool

Semayden -

Thanks for the post - so we share an EDS anniversary! We must celebrate on the 25th!

I have now used the unit 10 times.

The regime for lifting is 20 mins on the lifting programme - onece day for 5 days with two days rest for 12 weeks.

You then go onto to maintenance - once or twice a week.

The headset is very easy to use and the hand held device easy to use and the audio tones tell you where you are in the programme.

I have stopped using Tua Viso and Cleo Q for 12 weeks to see how Slendertone compares.

I have a Slendertone Abs and it really works well - I am now onto maintenance with the Abs device. So there EMS does work.

I have not seen any results yet but it is early days and I have been using some sort of EMS device for 20 years - so I am not sure what more EMS will do for me - but the key thing for me is the device is SO easy to use.

I will report back after a few more weeks but I wouldn't part with your money yet!

I think the down side is the pads are very hard to put on the headset - they are very thin and fragile and I have ruined one set already. Also the pads are £20.00 for a pack of 12 sets of pads.

The key thing for me is the pulse doesn't crease the skin - the downside of the Cleo device is that the whole face and skin goes into spasm and the skin creases and I now believe this causes wrinkles. So this device very gently tones the muscles although I have had the device on 99 left 99 right side of my face and there is a lot of power if you want high energy!

The downside of the Tua Viso is that the treatment routine is time consuming.

The device comes with a charger so is environmentally friendly.

The manual is well written and clearly shows how to use the device.

The position of the headset is important - it should be just below the cheekbones and one finger width away from the ears.

Hope this helps.

PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, photoqueen. I'm very interested in hearing your results. I'm close to getting the Tua Viso. Just not sure.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Oh, bless you photoqueen! That was quick. Very Happy

Ok,it all sounds fairly good so far for you - but I'll plod on with my Cleo ll until I get more info. from you and other users.

I'm interested in the point you make about things like the Cleo causing spasm and so wrinkling. May I ask if you have ever done manual facial exercise (not asking for a big debate, but just asking in passing)i.e. Flexeffect/Ageless or similar - and if so (just briefly) what you think of those routines.

Really appreciate you sharing your views and experiences! Very Happy
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry photoqueen. Forgot to ask in above post, but do you get a metallic taste in your mouth when using these EMS machines on the face?

I do, and I've read that it could be leakage from older amalgam fillings... Shock
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:58 am      Reply with quote
semayden wrote:
Oh, bless you photoqueen! That was quick. Very Happy

Ok,it all sounds fairly good so far for you - but I'll plod on with my Cleo ll until I get more info. from you and other users.

I'm interested in the point you make about things like the Cleo causing spasm and so wrinkling. May I ask if you have ever done manual facial exercise (not asking for a big debate, but just asking in passing)i.e. Flexeffect/Ageless or similar - and if so (just briefly) what you think of those routines.

Really appreciate you sharing your views and experiences! Very Happy

I was a dedicated Cleo II user and really had some great results with the machine - I moved on to Cleo Q the new pod unit - in my opinion the Cleo II was much more effective. But creasing of skin with the Cleo is an issue.

I have never done any facial exercises - I am far too lazy - that is why I am so into electronic stuff as you just lay there Smile

The only manual device I have just bought is the neck exerciser:

Neckline Slimmer Thin Neck Line Exercise As Seen On

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Neckline-Slimmer-Thin-Neck-Line-Exercise-As-Seen-On_W0QQitemZ150379823186QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2303560052&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_4188wt_1167

PQ.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:01 am      Reply with quote
semayden wrote:
Sorry photoqueen. Forgot to ask in above post, but do you get a metallic taste in your mouth when using these EMS machines on the face?

I do, and I've read that it could be leakage from older amalgam fillings... Shock

I have in the past experienced the metallic taste you describe but withe Slendertone - I didn't feel anything.

I did find this for us/you - which is the online manual for the Slendertone Face:

http://www.slendertone.com/Face/downloads/face_im_eng.pdf

PQ.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:02 am      Reply with quote
I have worked out how to replace the gel pad - I just took my time and it was fairly easy.

PQ.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Good about the pads: thanks for the online manual: glad I'm not alone in 'metallic' taste, but interested in lack of it with this SF.

I shall be watching your progress like a hawk for the next few weeks. Hope for all our sakes that it proves to be a worthwhile replacement for the cleo/tua viso etc.

The only problem I see is that because you've used these things for so many years, it will be hard for you to ascertain how well it succeeds in toning your face - because you must already be in good shape. Still, at least you can tell us how user-friendly it is!

Re pads and their sticky ways, I have also been prolonging the life of my Slendertone Flex for abs with *cough* water-based lubricants, and these definitely work well. Hard to see why they wouldn't, as we just need to keep the pads moist (water based, people, NOT oil-based Laughing ).

Am pulsing on my Cleo ll as I type. I do feel that I have to keep my tongue carefully back behind my teeth with this type of device, as this/caci/and other ones have nearly had me biting my tongue before now!
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
Keliu wrote:
photoqueen wrote:
Will report back soon.
PQ

1. Life and tone
3. Massage

PQ.

Does the slendertone stay in one position for 20 minutes? Is that all there is to the treatment? Just put it on and enjoy tv and hands free?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:29 am      Reply with quote
semayden wrote:

Re pads and their sticky ways, I have also been prolonging the life of my Slendertone Flex for abs with *cough* water-based lubricants, and these definitely work well. Hard to see why they wouldn't, as we just need to keep the pads moist (water based, people, NOT oil-based Laughing ).

Thanks for the top tip!
PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:

Does the slendertone stay in one position for 20 minutes? Is that all there is to the treatment? Just put it on and enjoy tv and hands free?

Yes, it doesn't move, you just sit there eating choccy!

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
Frodo wrote:

PQ

That's my kind of gadget. Very Happy

I just emailed HSN to see if they would be carrying this item since they have the body one. I told them that I would be glad to post everywhere if they do plan on having it on air.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:35 am      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
photoqueen wrote:
Frodo wrote:

PQ

That's my kind of gadget. Very Happy

I just emailed HSN to see if they would be carrying this item since they have the body one. I told them that I would be glad to post everywhere if they do plan on having it on air.

Just confirm, I have NOT seen any results yet, but will let you know, if/when I do.

PQ.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Have completed 20 treatments at level of power, right side 99 and left side 99 - maximum power is 99.

Have a firmer jaw line and lifted upper eye lids, skin tone looks improved.

I can't put this down to the slendertone 100% - but I have stopped using Cleo and TViso - so the firming of the jaw could be the slendertone.

The suggested protocol is to review the effectiveness at 60 treatments so I am a third of the way through the routine.

PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, PQ, Thanks so much for posting your results to date. I hope your results keep getting better and better. Mars Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Mars - I will make sure either by this forum or PM you will get my results when I reach my 60th treatment.

PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
Have completed 20 treatments at level of power, right side 99 and left side 99 - maximum power is 99.

I can't put this down to the slendertone 100% - but I have stopped using Cleo and TViso - so the firming of the jaw could be the slendertone.

The suggested protocol is to review the effectiveness at 60 treatments so I am a third of the way through the routine.

PQ

Aha, good. Thanks for this - I just came on tonight to post you about this, and here you are!

Right, well, logically speaking - if you have stopped the Cleo 11 and the Tua Viso PRIOR to the SF; than surely it's the SF that's to blame ( Very Happy ) for the improvement, no?

photoqueen wrote:

Sounds good to me!

Please can we have a post maybe every 10 days - well, at least in another 20 days? Thanks. Wink
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:22 am      Reply with quote
semayden wrote:
photoqueen wrote:

PQ

It must be the slendertone - as I have put all other EMS treatments on hold until the end of the testing.

Aha, good. Thanks for this - I just came on tonight to post you about this, and here you are!

Right, well, logically speaking - if you have stopped the Cleo 11 and the Tua Viso PRIOR to the SF; than surely it's the SF that's to blame ( Very Happy ) for the improvement, no?

photoqueen wrote:

Sounds good to me!

Please can we have a post maybe every 10 days - well, at least in another 20 days? Thanks. Wink

Will update you at 40 treatments. So 20 more to do. Then at 60.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks photoqueen. Very Happy
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:08 am      Reply with quote
I have now done the 35th treatment, the protocol is 60 then go to maintenance.

I am really pleased with the device.

As I said in my last post, I have a firmer jaw line and lifted upper eye lids, skin tone looks improved.

The key plus for me is the treatment is very relaxing, I can see similar results that I achieved with the TViso but the Slendertone is hands- free - so you can relax, sleep and still have the treatment.

The device works on the principal of lifting the facial area rather than a muscle workout across the whole face, but only strategically placed muscle that create a lifting affect.

I will report back at 50 treatments with an update.

Finally, the control unit is so easy to use and really well designed.

Philip

PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi photoqueen,

this looks like a very interesting device. Is there a reason why the pads are placed just on the cheeks, as oppose to smaller pads spread accross the face? (like the cleo etc). I have a machine simiar to the cleo, but found it too fiddly to use,

thanks

Jackie x
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi photoqueen,

this looks like a very interesting device. Is there a reason why the pads are placed just on the cheeks, as oppose to smaller pads spread accross the face? (like the cleo etc). I have a machine simiar to the cleo, but found it too fiddly to use,

thanks

Jackie x

Jackie

It is a interesting device, all the technical overview is at:

http://www.slendertone.com/Face/How-Face-Works/Technology.aspx

Including pad placement.

I found the Cleo fiddly but it worked for me.

Take care

PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Does any one know if it's in the US or when it's coming? Lets hope EDS will carry it.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |