Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

New slendertone face
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:44 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
UK based Man - 50 - Prozone brush. STOP, POSE, Safetox - Omnilux - Wellbox - Rio Low Level Laser - Dermaroller - Slendertone Abs belt - NUFace - CLEO Q - Baby Quasar - LightStim - Omnilux Salon - botox - Sculptra - Vit C Serum - home Glycolic Peels - Dermawand - UP5 - Tua Viso - Slendertone Face Unit - DDF 7 day radiance kit - Timepeel

photoqueen, you have quite an impressive arsenal of gadgtes! Very Happy

Could you please say which ones you love most?
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:40 am      Reply with quote
ChristopheB wrote:
Hi All, This is my first post here, I found the forum after searching for reviews on the Slendertone Face and after some hesitation decided to bite the bullet and purchase one.

I've only used it twice so far so can't report back on whether it actually works for me but I experienced the same initial frustrations with the pads which are so fiddly to attach and yes, I managed to ruin the first one I tried to put on. It seems a common complaint that Slendertone really should address especially as they're not especially cheap.

My main query for other users here is the placement of the pads - do they sit high on the face just on/under the cheekbone or do they sit almost on the jawline. I've spent the first 5 minutes of each session so far just trying to work out what feels right and am sure that I haven't found the right position yet. Secondly should there be a visible muscle movement? I'm getting a much stronger pull on the left side. Does that mean that the right is positioned incorrectly or that it's just that side of my face is weaker and needs more power - should I be keeping the power the same on both sides or can each be different? I'm sure I'll get the hang of it but any help appreciated. Thanks

Ideas on pad placement and welcome:

Draw a line from your cheekbone to your ear, the line could start at the top of your ear lobe, the top of the headset should start at the point, the headset is fairly low down on the face, the headset on each side should be a finger's width away from the ear. Your eyes will twitch and so will your mouth, this is the current stimulating the nerves to these areas.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="RussianSunshine"]
Quote:
UK based Man - 50 - Prozone brush. STOP, POSE, Safetox - Omnilux - Wellbox - Rio Low Level Laser - Dermaroller - Slendertone Abs belt - NUFace - CLEO Q - Baby Quasar - LightStim - Omnilux Salon - botox - Sculptra - Vit C Serum - home Glycolic Peels - Dermawand - UP5 - Tua Viso - Slendertone Face Unit - DDF 7 day radiance kit - Timepeel [/qoute]

photoqueen, you have quite an impressive arsenal of gadgtes! Very Happy

Could you please say which ones you love most?

I love them all!

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
Draw a line from your cheekbone to your ear, the line could start at the top of your ear lobe, the top of the headset should start at the point, the headset is fairly low down on the face, the headset on each side should be a finger's width away from the ear. Your eyes will twitch and so will your mouth, this is the current stimulating the nerves to these areas.

This is from Page 7 of the instructions:

Important:
- If you feel a twitching around the eye, or if you feel any discomfort during a session, just pause the exercise by briefly pressing one on/off button. Then position the headset slightly lower on your face and resume the session by briefly pressing the on/off button again.

I took this to mean that the eyes shouldn't twitch.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:55 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
photoqueen wrote:

This is from Page 7 of the instructions:

Important:
- If you feel a twitching around the eye, or if you feel any discomfort during a session, just pause the exercise by briefly pressing one on/off button. Then position the headset slightly lower on your face and resume the session by briefly pressing the on/off button again.

I took this to mean that the eyes shouldn't twitch.

I called Slendertone and raised the twitching eyes issue and they said everyone's face/nerves layout is difference so you might/not twitch - their key point was get the pads low on the face as per the instructions above and you won't go wrong. Mine sits on my jaw line - I get twitching eyes and mouth.
PQ

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:29 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the welcome everyone and thanks for the tips in getting the placement correct.

I think I'm getting the hang of it now after 4 treatments but it is a bit confusing to begin with.

I'll feedback after a month to let you know how I'm getting on. I've had monthly CACI treatments for the past 12 years and so I'm hoping that the SF will strengthen and maintain the results of this.

How is everyone else getting on with it?
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:32 am      Reply with quote
ChristopheB wrote:
Thanks for the welcome everyone and thanks for the tips in getting the placement correct.

I think I'm getting the hang of it now after 4 treatments but it is a bit confusing to begin with.

I'll feedback after a month to let you know how I'm getting on. I've had monthly CACI treatments for the past 12 years and so I'm hoping that the SF will strengthen and maintain the results of this.

How is everyone else getting on with it?

Always come back to the forum if you get stuck - we are all happy to share ideas.

I had CACI for 5 years and loved it - it will be interesting to see what you think of the SLF.

I didn't see much of a change until the 30/40 treatment - but my findings are under this topic/thread.

Good luck and welcome again.

Philip - but known by many other names on this site - all good.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:10 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I have one.

I can honestly say that for me it does work. At first it was hard to see any difference, but gradually my face has improved its shape. I became aware of the change when putting on my makeup one morning, there was a new roundness to my cheeks which is definitely youthful. I am 56 years old so do not expect to see dramatic improvement, but I will certainly continue to use it.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Carole123 wrote:
Yes, I have one.

I can honestly say that for me it does work. At first it was hard to see any difference, but gradually my face has improved its shape. I became aware of the change when putting on my makeup one morning, there was a new roundness to my cheeks which is definitely youthful. I am 56 years old so do not expect to see dramatic improvement, but I will certainly continue to use it.

Hi Carole, and welcome!

How long have you been using the Slendertone for?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Carole123 wrote:
Yes, I have one.

Hi Carole, and welcome!

It is good to have another user to share experiences - welcome too.

PQ

Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:23 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for the welcome.

I bought the SLF in October last year as I wanted to look my best for my daughter's wedding in December. The instructions say that you should use it for 12 weeks initially, but I didn't have that long and only managed 7 weeks. I was impressed with the results, the lifting was minimal but the improvement in skin tone was great. After the wedding I'm afraid that I let things slip and did not start using the Slendertone Face again until last week. The good news is that the improvement was very fast and I noticed a big difference after just 4 days.

This time I fully intend to stick it out for the full 12 weeks.

Carole

photoqueen wrote:
Keliu wrote:
Carole123 wrote:
Yes, I have one.

Hi Carole, and welcome!

It is good to have another user to share experiences - welcome too.

PQ
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:20 am      Reply with quote
How are things going PQ and others? I just posted an update over at 'Test Driving tua trend' if you're interested.

Anything to share for the SF?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
semayden wrote:
How are things going PQ and others? I just posted an update over at 'Test Driving tua trend' if you're interested.

Anything to share for the SF?

Just finished reading your update on the TT. My results are the same with the SF - zilch, nada, nothing! I am now so completely obsessed with my jawline that I'm actually thinking it looks allot worse - this is probably just negative thinking though. I just have no faith in these type of devices at all.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:09 am      Reply with quote
Update - still very happy with this device - it provides a gentle lifting and brightening skin treatment but as I have said all through my posts the results are not dramatic, but worth the investment.

PQ

Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
A quick update from me...I'm about 5 weeks into my course. Midface and around eyes has started to look more toned and jawline is looking slightly more defined (if I lost the stone in weight I've put on over the past year, I think I'd notice it more!) - Overall, I'm pleased so far and hoping for more gains in the weeks to come.
Maread

Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I started using ST 3 weeks ago. This is the first device I've ever bought. It was a toss up between the Tua Trend/Viso or ST and I opted ST based on ease of use. I have some facial sag and I reckon if you can lift the cheek muscles this will will the biggest difference to the appearance. I also have marionette lines.

It certainly is easy to use, once you get the hang of positioning. Put it on, set the programme and go about your business for 20 minutes. Not very time consuming.
On the minus side, I can't understand why Slendertone could not make a short video clip showing the correct positioning. On their website they show the unit high up on the cheeks almost above the ears, so it would actually be ON the cheekbones. I agree it looks better there, but that's not very helpful to a new user!

Anyway, I have it below the cheekbones and just above the jawbone. I presume it is in the right position as I can feel my mouth twitch.
There is a feel good aspect to it - I can imagine my cheeks plumping up as I use it.
I think there a slight lift in my cheeks at the naslabial fold. I will update later on.

I've also purchased Flex Effects and intend to start on the exercises this weekend. To be honest, I have greater expectations of facial exercises.

Maread
donnydragon

Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
HI, I just bought a slendertone face and I find the pads are so fragile and they curled up as soon as I use it for the second time. I have using it for 4 nights and already on the 3rd set of pads. Any advice please?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
donnydragon wrote:
HI, I just bought a slendertone face and I find the pads are so fragile and they curled up as soon as I use it for the second time. I have using it for 4 nights and already on the 3rd set of pads. Any advice please?

I'm not having this problem. Are you sure you're applying them correctly? Apply side A first. Make sure it is completely stuck to the paddle by thoroughly pressing and smoothing it down. Then GENTLY peel off the remaining B tab, being careful not to lift up the edges of the gel. When you've finished your treatment, reapply the B tab to protect the gel.

It also helps to be careful how you remove the headset from your face after treatment. Hope you get this sorted out.

Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi

Thank you for your advice. I did follow the steps very carefully. I will persevere to see what happens. Thank you again.
molly35
5% products discount

Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi there i am new here and have been reading your posts ,i have just orderd the slendertone face so hoping to get it soon.I have been using the tua viso for the last 18 months and found as long as i used it reguarly it kept my face toned.Lately though i felt i needed a change so i sold my tua viso and looked in too other facial toners and decided on the slendertone face.The one thing i am wondering though will it help with the eyes especially underneath .What sort of results is everyone getting now with it .Really would appreciate your thoughts kind regards molly
melione

Mon May 31, 2010 11:38 am      Reply with quote
be aware of Slendertone face if you have some mental problems (like depression, bipolar disorder). This cranial nerve by the ear is starting in the brain. You can imagine what happens when you stimulate it on 99 level. I got slightly mad after using it for 3 days :/ This should be investigated further.
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:08 am      Reply with quote
This thread on Slendertone Face seems to have gone awfully quiet lately. I have read it in its entirety today & placed an order for the unit with
www.beautique.com

This company still charges the same price as the Slender tone website & Harrods, but delivery is free, plus there were some freebies thrown in. The Slender tone website nearly drove me up the wall with their incorrect options for my UK county on the address form, they did not offer my Scottish county, so I went elsewhere to order.Not an auspicious start with Slender tone (although I already own their excellent ABS unit).

As most of you guys have already said, the idea of something you just plonk on your face & leave to do the work has won me over. I do love the effect I get from my 2 Tuo Visos, but you are glued to a mirror using them for 15 minutes. The Safetox has been highly effective also & as it is hand-free & encourages use, I decided the SLT - face may appeal to me in the same manner.

Will keep you posted on my progress.

Thanks for the helpful info posted here, & especially to Photoqueen. Any further updates PQ? (just to keep me going until the exciting package arrives Laughing )

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
I'm interested in this too, Katy, so I will be keeping an eye out for your progress.

I am tossing up between this and the TV - in fact, I am here tonight looking for the TV thread. Have you seen noticeable difference from the TV?
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Karen, the TV has worked well for me, but I have 2 units which I use at opposite sides of my face, on opposing muscles, so I don't make the muscles compete for training, without 2 units to speed up user time I would not consider the TV.

The Slender tone is working my eyebrows to the same excellent extent that the TV's do, & the weaker side of my face (right) due to lack of chewing because of a year long tooth problem (recently resolved), was decidedly sore after using the SLT Face the first few times, I am not complaining about this, but rather delighted that it has picked up the weak muscles on this side, which clearly shows it is doing its work.

It is easy to use, once you learn how to put it on without it becoming stuck in your hair! or the conductive pads getting fankled up! & also the correct placement, mere hiccups in its operation. Once this is mastered off you go.

Both the radiance & massage programs are also useful, I have been letting all 3 programs go on one after the other, several times a week.

At present I am thinking my face is looking quite good & I have not used my TVs since about the end of March.

It is of course early days in its use, until I have given the SLT Face 12 weeks it is not fair to comment really, but early signs are v encouraging. HTH.

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
I think I will give this a go in the fall. I am currently using Tua Tr'end, really like it, but am lemming this as well, lol!

I am in Canada, will have to look up who will ship here though! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |