Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
New slendertone face
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
Does any one know if it's in the US or when it's coming? Lets hope EDS will carry it.

I think you might get that information from the supplier, details:

CONTACT SLENDERTONE
CUSTOMER CONTACT

Email your queries to us :
info@slendertone.com

Call us on:
UK: 0845 070 7777
IRL: 1890 92 33 88
France: 0810 34 7450
Germany: 0800 000 1094
Spain: 900994467
Italy : +353 94 902 9936
Rest Of World: +353 94 902 9936

Write to us at:
Slendertone Customer Enquiries
Bio-Medical Research Ltd
Parkmore Business Park West
Galway
Ireland

Philip

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you. I send them an email to inquire.
It probably needs FDA approval.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
What's EMS? First I thought it was express mail service, but well, common sense tells this is skincare forum and not the post office. Laughing
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
I have now done the 35th treatment, the protocol is 60 then go to maintenance.

I am really pleased with the device.

As I said in my last post, I have a firmer jaw line and lifted upper eye lids, skin tone looks improved.

The key plus for me is the treatment is very relaxing, I can see similar results that I achieved with the TViso but the Slendertone is hands- free - so you can relax, sleep and still have the treatment.

The device works on the principal of lifting the facial area rather than a muscle workout across the whole face, but only strategically placed muscle that create a lifting affect.

I will report back at 50 treatments with an update.

Finally, the control unit is so easy to use and really well designed.

Philip

PQ

Hi Philip, this all sounds good - especially as you felt you wanted to post at 35th treatment, rather than the 40th!

Not entirely sure what you mean the following. Do you mean SF only works some of the muscles? I looked on the links you provided, but wasn't sure if I was understanding aright! Rolling Eyes

Photoqueen wrote:
The device works on the principal of lifting the facial area rather than a muscle workout across the whole face, but only strategically placed muscle that create a lifting affect.

I have to admit that my Cleo is driving me mad, with all the pads and leads. Actually, I've given up for the moment as I clearly need new pads. I'm going to wait a few more weeks before I decide about the SF.
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
What's EMS? First I thought it was express mail service, but well, common sense tells this is skincare forum and not the post office. Laughing

I think it's Electro-Muscular Stimulation, or something similar Bira. Very Happy

I expect Philip will know for sure.
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I think I found what you mean, Philip.

Is it this? (taken from the Slendertone Face site):

Does Slendertone Face work all the muscles in the face?
No, it is carefully designed to focus on the muscles of facial expression which have a direct impact on the ageing process and are directly attached to the skin. You would not want the large muscles of mastication to increase in volume. They are exercised regularly when you eat.
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Eeeesh! Only five uses out of each pair of pads?

Philip, is that your experience - or can they be made to last longer?
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
I'll be quiet now!! Laughing

Oh, no I won't. The Harrods site says SF is re-chargeble, so no need for batteries. But doesn't mention including charger in the price of £300 (plus p&p). How much will that set me back I wonder?
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
HSN sells the body Slendertone so maybe in the future they will be having the face one as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:56 am      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrical_muscle_stimulation

Bira

This is a good link.

Philip

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:00 am      Reply with quote
semayden wrote:

No, it is carefully designed to focus on the muscles of facial expression which have a direct impact on the ageing process and are directly attached to the skin. You would not want the large muscles of mastication to increase in volume. They are exercised regularly when you eat.

Semayden,

Yes, this is what I meant.

The muscles SF works lifts the face, rather than working all the muscles which the Cleo does.

SF works smaller lifting muscles and the workout is very gentle unlike some of the EMS devices.

When a muscle contracts, it can crease the skin with each contraction, which after a while creates more wrinkles, the SF does not crease the skin with the contraction.

I hope this makes sense.

Philip

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:02 am      Reply with quote
semayden wrote:
Eeeesh! Only five uses out of each pair of pads?

Philip, is that your experience - or can they be made to last longer?

I have made one set of pads last 3 weeks.

I think I could have made them last longer by adding a smear of conductive gel to the pad, but I wanted to practice changing the pads, as a treat Smile

P

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:04 am      Reply with quote
semayden wrote:
I'll be quiet now!! Laughing

Oh, no I won't. The Harrods site says SF is re-chargeble, so no need for batteries. But doesn't mention including charger in the price of £300 (plus p&p). How much will that set me back I wonder?

Semayden

The SF comes in a kit with everything you need to get started.

The charger is included and the initial charge is 3 hours, with a top up of about 3 hours charge once a week.

P

Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:56 am      Reply with quote
I am new on the forum and posted this message in another topic. Would anyone have an instruction for babyliss facial toner? I lost mine long time ago and cannot use my toy. Thanks a lot.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:43 am      Reply with quote
tango wrote:
I am new on the forum and posted this message in another topic. Would anyone have an instruction for babyliss facial toner? I lost mine long time ago and cannot use my toy. Thanks a lot.

If you are struggling to get a copy of the instructions why not try contacting Babyliss directly:

Babyliss:
For aftersales or customer service queries please contact:

Customer care hotline: 08705 133191
(lines are open Monday to Friday, 9am -5pm. UK only)
Or
Email: ukinfo@conair.com

PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:38 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
semayden wrote:

Semayden,

Yes, this is what I meant.

The muscles SF works lifts the face, rather than working all the muscles which the Cleo does.

SF works smaller lifting muscles and the workout is very gentle unlike some of the EMS devices.

When a muscle contracts, it can crease the skin with each contraction, which after a while creates more wrinkles, the SF does not crease the skin with the contraction.

I hope this makes sense.

Philip

Hi Philip, you star!

Now. All this is very interesting to me. In the first place, I didn't know that the Cleo worked ALL the facial muscles.

Second, the SF concept is akin to Louise Annette's manual facial programme = Ageless. She, too, has realised that only certain muscles need lifting in order to cheer and beautify the physog!

Third, the pads. See - I just knew that they could be made to last longer than 5 goes (provided you're clean and careful!). Doesn't any water based gel provide good conductivity? *Coughs* KY jelly?

Fourthly, it's good that a charger is provided. It just didn't mention it on the Harrods site. Only 3 hours charging is good...

It's a toss up ATM between this SF device OR having one eye lasered (yes, opthalmologist happy to do it that way.) I can't afford both, this year. I rather think it might be the SF first, followed by the eyes next year... There again, the teeth could benefit from a little professional whitening etc. Rolling Eyes

I wonder if Harrods will run out of SF machines any time soon? Shock
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
Semayden

I don't think Harrods with run out!

You can also buy directly from the Slendertone web site:

http://www.slendertone.com/Face/About-Slendertone-Face/Shop.aspx

Good luck with the decision making.

I had both my laser eye treatment three years ago and wished I had gone for the surgery years ago - it worked really well.
I had epi-lasek at Optimax.

PQ/Philip

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi photoqueen,

I just wanted to ask your advice with regard to the cleo machine. I have a machine that is very similar and has 4 electrodes, but when I look at how they are meant to be placed, they are different to how the cleo ones are placed.

Would you know if this difference depends greatly on the machine, or, because they are both EMS manchines it wouldn't matter ? You see my machine is quite old, but harldy used, and I wondered whether the pad placement with the cleo is much more up to date with regard to the technology of correct muscle stimulation,

any advice greatly appreciated

Jackie xx
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi photoqueen,

I just wanted to ask your advice with regard to the cleo machine. I have a machine that is very similar and has 4 electrodes, but when I look at how they are meant to be placed, they are different to how the cleo ones are placed.

Would you know if this difference depends greatly on the machine, or, because they are both EMS manchines it wouldn't matter ? You see my machine is quite old, but harldy used, and I wondered whether the pad placement with the cleo is much more up to date with regard to the technology of correct muscle stimulation,

any advice greatly appreciated

Jackie xx

Hi Jackie

I hope I can help you. Can you let me have the make and model of your EMS machine and I will try and find out for you.

PQ xx

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Good morning! I'm REALLY close to buying the SF. I really appreciate PQ's advice. I went to the link, http://www.slendertone.com/Face/About-Slendertone-Face/Shop.aspx
but I can't find any info for FACE. ?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
Good morning! I'm REALLY close to buying the SF. I really appreciate PQ's advice. I went to the link ,http://www.slendertone.com/Face/About-Slendertone-Face/Shop.aspx
but I can't find any info for FACE. ?

Mars

This is the link:

http://www.slendertone.com/Face/About-Slendertone-Face/Shop.aspx

I have just been to the site and copied the link

PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi photoqueen,

thanks for replying. The machine is by beautiko, a company that do alot of devices, like electrolysis pens etc for home use. The machine its self is called Magic Face,

thanks

Jackie xx
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi photoqueen,

thanks for replying. The machine is by beautiko, a company that do alot of devices, like electrolysis pens etc for home use. The machine its self is called Magic Face,

thanks

Jackie xx

Jackie

I will see what I can find out for you about pad placement.

Take care

PQx

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:59 am      Reply with quote
http://www.tenssystem.com/tensunits.html
Hi, Guys, I think I posted this a couple of months ago. Please check out this link. What's up with the crazy prices? Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:11 am      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
http://www.tenssystem.com/tensunits.html
Hi, Guys, I think I posted this a couple of months ago. Please check out this link. What's up with the crazy prices? Shock

Mars

They are very cheap but you couldn't use any of these devices on your face, they are designed for large muscles, on the body, I would not recommend you use a TENS or body EMS on your face.

PQ

Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |