Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

NEED URGENT HELP after dermaroller use!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mansik123

Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:42 am      Reply with quote
hieee can someone please help..i followed the instuctions in one of the threads about treating stretchmarks with derma roller. I used the roller and showered there after. I applied some vitamin c moisturiser and then applied a bit of retino a 0.025. The entire area has now become very red and i feel is burnt. Is that possible? or would the redness subside in a day. I am freaking out here. What should i do now??? the area is extremely red
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:30 am      Reply with quote
mansik123 I should start by saying I have never used a derma roller but I have used vitamin c and retin. You have basically given yourself a mild burn. Shock

I will subside in a couple of days but you might want to apply the retin-a at night but not right after your rolling give your skin a hr or so to calm down, to prevent the burning. Also you need to apply the vitamin c in the morning or a least not at the same time you apply the retin-a.

You can help the redness and burning with a moisturizer with little or not actives.

I have basically burned my skin with retin-a - I think most of us who have used it have. Laughing

Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:37 am      Reply with quote
its pretty discolored. What i'm most worried about is how long does it take for the discoloration to fade away? it looks pretty ugly and i cant even wear half sleeves now
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:45 am      Reply with quote
To be honest it is probably going to last at least a couple of days. Find a neutral moisturizer like Aquaphor and lather up.
I would waiting until the redness is gone before you start rolling again.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Hi. I'm not sure if it will hinder the inflammation needed for dermarolling to work, but you could try applying Aloe Vera to the skin. Next time, you may want to roll in the morning, wait until night to apply Retin A and then apply Vitamin C the next day. Always make sure that you use C in the morning and Retin A at night. I have learned the hard way, too, about not applying Retin A to a sore or open wound. Sad
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:29 am      Reply with quote
Retin -a is an acid, it's job is to basically to mildly burn...resulting in new collegen and such. Vit. C. can also have an irritation effect. So you got the results exactly as expected... especially after rolling...

You might even start some peeling depending on how much you smeared around. How much did you use?

Make sure that when you go back to your short sleeves that you WEAR SUNSCREEN... our you invite a whole new mess... inclusive of cancer... (well, not in just one application and exposure.) But Retin-A'd skin is more sensitive and suseptible to the sun...

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Like me and others said to you on the Stretch mark derma rolling thread, and the very large derma rolling thread earlier today, this should calm down in a few days. For now I wouldn't apply anymore Retin-A.

When you do (if you decide to) start applying the Retin-A again... don't put it on too soon after the Vit C or vice versa. I used to apply the Retin-A in the mornins and the Vit C at night.

I know we are all different, but I have applied Rtin-A 0.05% cream STRAIGHT after a roll (no shower nothing, within minutes of rolling) and it did not 'burn' my skin. Yes, the next day/week it irritated my skin, but like I said... I gave it a rest for a while and it all calmed down and went back to normal.
mansi

Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Thanks a ton! the redness will subside in a few days but what about the discoloration. It looks quite ugly caz the affected area has become sort of blackish and there is a lot of difference between my skin and the affected area which is very visible. Its quite itchy too.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:41 am      Reply with quote
Blackish?

At this juncture I would consult a DR. Are you sure you didn't introduce some bacteria? I would be concerned about infection.

And yes, it's true, many people don't notice anything major with their skin right away after applying retin-a. I'm one of those. I can usually apply for several days before I get any sort of visible change. But a newbie doesn't know how he/she is going to respond... so slow applications are ideal until you understand your own tolerance.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Oh you didn't mention that it looked 'blackish' earlier, unless it has only discolored like this in the past few hours.

I have never experienced that myself, and I don't know of anyone else either. I agree with Claudia you might want to see your GP just to be safe.

Are you sure it isn't just bruising? I got bruises, but they actually showed up a few weeks after the roll, not the same/next day.
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
sounds like bruising. If you put needles into your skin did you expect it to be the same color afterwards lol. Take some vitamin c and zinc for healing
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:28 am      Reply with quote
Never ever apply acidic products to the skin after dermarolling, or you will be asking for a burn, which by the sounds of it is what you got Sad
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:02 am      Reply with quote
another old post......................
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |