Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Relastin???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:55 am      Reply with quote
Anyone use this? have any reports from use or links for information? (other than company website?)

Thanks, BF
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:21 am      Reply with quote
I have been curious about this also. I know Dr Baumann recommends it. I think she uses the eye silk her self.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:37 am      Reply with quote
BF,

I asked about Relastin recently in another thread that has some information about it:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=30688
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
I finished 2 jars of Relastin Ultra Emollient last night.

Good texture, no scent, quite emollient, easy to spread it over the skin.

I bought it in the hope that it might do something good on my sagging skin; however, I did not witness if my skin had received firmness or plumpness after using it.

Most of my time, I used it over Retina-A; sometimes alone.

Will buy it agian? Definitely not!

Even without put its effectiveness into consideration; another reason is that I don't like one ingredient: silica (that may explain why the texture is so smooth).

I overlooked the ingredient list when I placed the order; my mistake!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:

I bought it in the hope that it might do something good on my sagging skin; however, I did not witness if my skin had received firmness or plumpness after using it.

Even without put its effectiveness into consideration; another reason is that I don't like one ingredient: silica (that may explain why the texture is so smooth).

Thanks summer2004,
Nice to have an honest review!

DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
I appreciate your review summer2004 as I've often considered buying it.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:15 am      Reply with quote
summer,

i'm just looking for something that might keep my skin from drying out in the dead of winter, not for help with firming or plumpness. do you think this would do the trick, even despite the silicone?

--avalange

summer2004 wrote:

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:00 am      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
summer,

i'm just looking for something that might keep my skin from drying out in the dead of winter, not for help with firming or plumpness. do you think this would do the trick, even despite the silicone?

Given its price tag, I don't suggest it to you if you just want a moisturizer.

You may try jojoba oil or squalene.

If there're no 25% discount last may, I would not have bought it.
lilyflower
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:38 am      Reply with quote
i want to buy the eye cream to treat my fine line under my eyes,is there any suggestions?
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:56 am      Reply with quote
SkinWest always has a good discount (usually 40%) on these products. If you order from them just be warned they can sometimes, not always, be slow to ship.

http://www.skinwest.com
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
lilyflower wrote:
i want to buy the eye cream to treat my fine line under my eyes,is there any suggestions?

I am very happy with Osea's Eyes and Lips for fine lines and firming:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/osea-eyes-lips-p_7479.htm

--avalange

p.s. will let everyone know how i like the relstin ss a night cream as soon as i receive it from the crazy slow to ship skinwest!

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
I received my tub of "Ultra-emollient" and I am pleasantly surprised. I'm only using it to ward off the dry alligator skin that comes with being outside during the Chicago winter (just today, we had a wind-chill of -2!).

I looked at the ingredients and while there is one silicone, it is far down on the list.

I'm a stickler myself for ingredients and I think this formulation is rather excellent--it has all my favored ingredients for a solid trustworthy moisturizer in the top ten.
I'm giving it a thumbs up until further notice, when I'll be able to write a more thorough review.

For now, I'll say that it really does feel like a tall drink of water for my skin, and a barrier against the outside elements. I will note that I'm not interested in its purported "firming" attributes, just its ability to keep moisture in my skin through the winter.

I can also say that it is much better at moisturizing my skin than Emryolisse Lait-creme concentre, which has a significant european cult following. I like that product, but there isn't a noticeable emollient action as it promises. Instead, it sits on the skin and then the skin dries out, much like an ineffective lip balm does to the lips.

--avalange

avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
Verdict:

Relastin Ultra-Emollient seems to do a slightly better job than other creams of keeping dry, normal skin hydrated and plumped in winter months.

I wouldn't pay that much money for it, since I think there isn't a great noticeable difference in its ability to moisturize the skin. After a few hours out and about, my skin would feel dry again.

As far as repairing and supporting elasticity, I have no idea if this works or not. I have not had visible results, but then again, I'm only 3/4 of the way through one tub.

--avalange

jiafeimao9889
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:47 am      Reply with quote
i am interesting in eye silk too.
i don't know if it can work on lines.

GirlieGirl wrote:
I have been curious about this also. I know Dr Baumann recommends it. I think she uses the eye silk her self.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:21 am      Reply with quote
jiafeimao9889 wrote:
i am interesting in eye silk too.
i don't know if it can work on lines.

GirlieGirl wrote:

I just read yesterday in a magazine at the dr's office, I think it was Allure, Dr B recommending eye silk again. She said it improves elastin.
lagomorph
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
I've had really good luck with relastin. I'm so cheap and this is the only thing, besides good sunscreen, that I'm willing to pay money for. I do use tazorac but I get generic from ADC.

I'm not worried about wrinkles yet, but I do worry about my eyes getting hooded. I have a low eye crease and the relastin has helped improve the firmness of the upper lid. I also used to get really puffy upper lids that I'd have to ice in the mornings. The relastin has also stopped this.

I read somewhere that you have to use it twice a day. If you just use it once it's like a placebo with no effect. I prefer the regular relastin cream. It has the same percentage of active ingredients as the eye silk but lasts a lot longer.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |