Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Youtube videos on beauty
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
I was wondering if any of you watch youtube videos about beauty? I have to say I've learned a lot about makeup techniques!

I also like watching beauty product reviews. I've found out about a lot of new products this way!

Some of my favorite gurus are Pixiwoo, Sarahvictor, Misschievous, and MakeupGeekTV. I'm sure I missed some!
oranges
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
I've been wanting to watch some videos on applying makeup. I really need the help. Maybe you will motivate me to go do it. . . . Can I pull myself away from EDS to go watch. . .
sjmarsha

Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:47 am      Reply with quote
I also watch Kandee Johnson (kandeejohnson), Lauren Luke (panacea81) and kissonthechic, even though she's younger. ilovegerardo is great for videos on hair styling.
Y34963
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:20 am      Reply with quote
I have watched a few and they are informative. I would like to watch more but don't think of it until someone mentions one that they found interesting so I will go and take a look.
yobi
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:59 am      Reply with quote
I like watch Japanese girls make up video, it's stylish & natural.
avogrape
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
I love the demos on Clarisonic. Made me wanna get one and I can't wait!
htian21
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
Interseting. Can anyone provide some links?
Thanks!
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:45 am      Reply with quote
I also love Kandee Johnson...she is MUCH younger than me, but I love her videos...I have learn't so much about applying makeup from her.

rebecca

5% products discount

Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:58 am      Reply with quote
Will need to go on and have a look for these videos on you tube!! I have never thought on doing this before reading this.
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:47 am      Reply with quote
snowqueen67 wrote:
I also love Kandee Johnson...she is MUCH younger than me, but I love her videos...I have learn't so much about applying makeup from her.

rebecca

i love her too and shes too cute!
EllaLady
5% products discount

Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:45 am      Reply with quote
I've really gotten in to youtube videos recently. I'm learning so much - I've always applied make-up pretty well, but never really got the hang of eyeshadow (was more into concealed skin, blush and eyeliner). Now I'm learning all sorts of ways to use coloured eyeshadow!

Also like the hair tutorials too. My favourite gurus are Misschievous and Kandee. I recently wrote a blog post about youtube videos. I'll link it in case anyone is interested (it has links to the 2 most useful videos I've found so far)

http://ellaprettyblog.blogspot.com/2009/10/youtube-make-up-tutorials.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
I watch Youtube videos every now and then but there really isn't any one vlogger that I follow religiously. That didn't stop me gushing when one of my favorite Youtubers was chosen as one of the blog models for Project Runway: fabulous, my BFF-in-my-head, Gregory "Gigi" Gorgeous. I mean this guy is sooo beautiful he makes me look masculine...(Have you seen his legs??? So much for my Callanetics Laughing ) My day is made complete and a touch brighter if I happen to watch a video of his. Needless to say, I am beside myself seeing him on Project Runway! Be still my heart !

Gigi Image

or the girl...

or...

Heck you're just dropdead GAWGEOUS!

Oh, in case you have not "met" this ray of all sunshine and more, here's one vid from the summer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jchNQgMbcZI&feature=youtube_gdata_player
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
Nonie aka AD wrote:
I watch Youtube videos every now and then but there really isn't any one vlogger that I follow religiously. That didn't stop me gushing when one of my favorite Youtubers was chosen as one of the blog models for Project Runway: fabulous, my BFF-in-my-head, Gregory "Gigi" Gorgeous. I mean this guy is sooo beautiful he makes me look masculine...(Have you seen his legs??? So much for my Callanetics Laughing ) My day is made complete and a touch brighter if I happen to watch a video of his. Needless to say, I am beside myself seeing him on Project Runway! Be still my heart !

Gigi Image

I just had to look him up...so pretty!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/01/23/the-avenue-star-gregory-gorgeous-trapped-in-the-youtube-closet.html

or the girl...

or...

Oh, in case you have not "met" this ray of all sunshine and more, here's one vid from the summer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jchNQgMbcZI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
My favorite is Tiffany F.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
Nonie aka AD wrote:

Gigi Image

or the girl...

or...

Oops...messed up my post above.

This was supposed to be after your quote:

Quote:
I just had to look him up...so pretty!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/01/23/the-avenue-star-gregory-gorgeous-trapped-in-the-youtube-closet.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:20 am      Reply with quote
There are a lot of really great YouTube videos and tutorials.

YouTube has become a phenomenal resource!
stardustgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Nonie aka AD wrote:

Gigi Image

or the girl...

or...

I love the YouTube videos but had not seen Gigi. She's hilarious with the product tosssing. I just subscribed! I found the reviews I watched to be useful.

My faves are TiffanyD, xsparkage, FleurDeForce, and VintageOrTacky. I watch random ones based on certain products but those 4 I watch regularly.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
I recently discovered hotandflashy and like her makeup reviews.

Love Wayne Goss's tutorials. Want to try some of his new brush line.
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
I wish there were more DIY videos, actually. I don't wear much make up these days and when I do I already know the difference between warm and neutral colors, and how to do winged eye liner. Razz
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Wayne Goss has over 600 video tutorials. Enjoy!http://www.youtube.com/user/gossmakeupartist
havana8

Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Lisa Eldridge has some good videos: http://lisaeldridge.com
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
I want to second Wayne Goss! He's really down to earth, knowledgeable, and funny. Love him.
I also like Michelle Phan: http://www.youtube.com/user/MichellePhan
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
I prefer makeup tutorials for women over 40 because their skin color and texture and problems are different than a 20-something's.
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
Eman Makeup is my favorite.. her website is emanmakeup.com because I can't remember her youtube name. She's very talented and helpful.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
I really like Uppiesbeads59. She's really into skincare! She particularly loves masks.

http://www.youtube.com/user/uppiesbeads59

Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |