Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Obagi Nu derm users HELP!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
laila.h

Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi i have been using the obagi system for 4 1/2 months. I have been using it for acne and acne scars on my chin area... the rest of my face is trouble free ... i keep breaking out around my chin and it hasn't stopped and I feel like the scaring has increased in this area... Has anyone had this problem and should i keep using it? My mom has used it with great results and I really want to stick it out if it's going to work but I need some encouragement... Again it has been over 4 months that I have been on this system... anything will help Thank you!!!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi Laila,
Do you mind if I ask you some questions just for clarification? First, did you use Nuderm solely for acne or other issues as well and did you have acne on other areas of your face or just your chin? Secondly, were you treating scars elsewhere on your face or chin only?

Also, were you using the entire Nuderm system?

I'm starting on my 25th week of Nuderm and will continue for a full 28 weeks -- per my plastic surgeons advice before I start maintenance. I've used Nuderm primarily for hyperigmentation issues but was also hoping it would help with a few scars on my cheek left over from days of cystic acne. Unfortunately, there has been no change in the appearance of the scars.

Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi there,

Yes i have been using it solely for acne in my chin area... The rest of my face is fine... I don't have any acne or scars other than on my chin... But instead of it getting better it's been getting worse! I had a couple scars from acne on my chin but now I have sooo many more from the acne that i developed while using obagi... I am using the entire system all over my face but I have only been using the blender/retin A on my chin because it's the only place I had any problems... Is it normal to keep breaking out this late in the system and will it stop? Since you have been using it for 25 weeks now how is it doing on your face... do you like it... I don't know if you had any acne problems but did it make you break out? The weird thing is that before using obagi my chin wasn't that bad... are your results worth all this? thank you for your kind reply!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:59 am      Reply with quote
laila, I would go to a derm and get their advice. Retin A can make people break out, especially if it has isopropyl myristate. If your only problem is acne/acne scars (I do not think hydroquinone will help with scars and is for pigmentation issues), maybe you could check out the Obagi Clenziderm that is for acne?
laila.h

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:12 am      Reply with quote
ok will do!! Thank you so much ... it's so frustrating knowing that I've been using it this long and instead of it getting better it got worse Sad oh well what can you do... I have important events coming up on thanksgiving and in December as well as my wedding next summer so I really hope everything will get better in a couple months wish me luck... Take care and thanks again for your help!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Hi Laila,
I should've clarified in my earlier post (sorry) that acne wasn't an issue for me when I began the Nuderm system. I started using it because of the sun damage I had acquired over the years hence all the pigmentation issues along with rough skin texture. This seems like a harsh system to use for acne occuring on your chin only. In some ways, it sounds like you may have over-exfoliated the skin on your chin or caused too much irritation with the Obagi products never fully allowing your skin to acclimate???

I second Rileygirl's suggestion to visit the derm to see what he/she has to say. Hopefully by the Holidays you'll get this cleared up! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Good luck, Laila! I am sure you will get it all sorted out! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |