Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Where do you buy Alpha Hydroxy Souffle?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:05 am      Reply with quote
I refuse to buy from Drugstore.com and am trying to find somewhere else to get this. I was purchasing it from Rite Aid's Online store, but when I got to the final payment stage, I realized I was buying it from Drugstore.com! ((Drugstore.com is VERY deceptive about their shipping charges. It's says free shipping right under the product name, but then at checkout you see the $5.99 shipping charges. What a scam.))

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Alien
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Rite Aid and CVS seem to be stocked.. Alpha Hydrox also has a web site

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:36 am      Reply with quote
Ulta also carries it.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Rite Aid doesn't carry it in my area. I'll have to check with CVS. Any other suggestions??

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Shelley01
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
Amazon too

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
Rite Aid doesn't carry it in my area. I'll have to check with CVS. Any other suggestions??

Walgreens?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
I found mine on ebay - cheap and incl. shipping too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
You can order it from the Alpha Hydrox site.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:55 am      Reply with quote
Thanks all! I found a site and ordered it!

stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
I live in Canada and have only been able to obtain Alpha Hydroxy Souffle by telephone order to Neoteric Cosmetics. However, when I contacted the company this week, their telephone number is out of service and my e-mail to them has gone unanswered. Does anyone
know of an alternative alpha hydroxy product that I can substitute when I make Kassy_A's LED treatment?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
It's been getting harder and harder to find "AHS" since I let that cat out of the bag.. Laughing

An alternative is to buy pure AHA from cellbone or the like, and add it to a base cream from one of the DIY supply sites, and just make your own... You'll want your concentration to be 12%.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
It's been getting harder and harder to find "AHS" since I let that cat out of the bag.. Laughing

An alternative is to buy pure AHA from cellbone or the like, and add it to a base cream from one of the DIY supply sites, and just make your own... You'll want your concentration to be 12%.

Alpha Hydrox Souffle contains 12% glycolic (AHA) acid with an effective ph of 4. It is acceptable to use a lower concentration of AHA if the ph is lower than 4. It will be equally effective. When considering any AHA or BHA product, both concentration of the active ingredient AND the overall ph are important. (Most people tend to look only at the percentage pf acid and ignore the ph of the product.)

To the best of my knowledge, Alpha Hydrox products made by Neoteric Cosmetics are not available in Canada in stores, but can be ordered online (at least they could a few months ago; not sure now).

Off the top of my head, I could suggest Paula's Choice AHA Gel ... it has 8% glycolic acid at a ph of 3.5 to 3.8; I am sure there are other suitable products available that can be substituted for Alpha Hydrox Souffle. (not sure this would be suitable for LED use though; not my area of expertise).

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:44 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

Doesn't most base creams have oils in them? Not sure if they will interfere with the penetration of the LED
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:36 am      Reply with quote
funkydory wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

Doesn't most base creams have oils in them? Not sure if they will interfere with the penetration of the LED

Generally speaking, you are correct. If a "cream" product is properly named (meaning it is in fact a cream) it will most definitely contain both fats and oils and therefore be unacceptable for usage with an LED (since it would refract or reflect the light rays). I guess you would have to examine the ingredient list before using a cream for this purpose. At least that is my understanding.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:56 am      Reply with quote
Just cross posting the AHA treatment serum info I shared in the summer in the AALS thread;

In the meantime keep things simple with a water based serum and perhaps a bit of AHA, HA, + Green Tea Extract..

And my answer to a question related to using serums/cream that contain oils;

DON'T use that prior to an LED treatment though.. NO occlusive ingredients.

I'll just repeat what I've said many times before, do your LED treatment on bare, exfoliated skin, unless you are absolutely sure you're treatment serum has nothing that can "occlude" the light.

Water, AHA + Green tea are really all that's needed, and can be added to NCN's HA serum (water, HA + citric acid), for a lovely pre treatment serum.

Keep it simple for best results, honestly.

ETA: I think I assumed that all LED users (who are doing pre treatment) would automatically be sure the 'base cream' they choose would not have occlusive ingredients.. I don't want to sound like a broken record.. Embarassed

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

Alpha Hydrox Souffle contains 12% glycolic (AHA) acid with an effective ph of 4. It is acceptable to use a lower concentration of AHA if the ph is lower than 4. It will be equally effective. When considering any AHA or BHA product, both concentration of the active ingredient AND the overall ph are important. (Most people tend to look only at the percentage pf acid and ignore the ph of the product.)

To the best of my knowledge, Alpha Hydrox products made by Neoteric Cosmetics are not available in Canada in stores, but can be ordered online (at least they could a few months ago; not sure now).

Off the top of my head, I could suggest Paula's Choice AHA Gel ... it has 8% glycolic acid at a ph of 3.5 to 3.8; I am sure there are other suitable products available that can be substituted for Alpha Hydrox Souffle. (not sure this would be suitable for LED use though; not my area of expertise).

Kassy, I think you missed the point of my post; perhaps you didn't see it, or chose not to respond to it; not sure which is the case. But I would like to expand on it now.

You have recommended to stovetop that she acquire glycolic acid from Cellbone, and add it to a base cream from a DIY supplier; you further recommended that the concentration be at 12% for her home-made product.

I checked the Cellbone site; they sell various Glycolic products, including various peels and solutions. The solutions offered are:

- 70% Unbuffered solution (pH 0.6)
- 60% Unbuffered solution (pH 0.85)
- Both of these products are "for professional use only".

- 50% Peel Gel (buffered at pH 2.4)
- 40% Peel Gel (buffered at pH 2.1 - 2.6)
- 30% Peel Gel (buffered at pH 2.1 - 2.6)
- 20% Peel Gel (buffered at pH 2.1 - 2.6)

Have you honestly considered mixing any of these products into a base prior to LED usage? What would the final pH of the product be? The Souffle product you use as an ingredient has a pH of 4.0 prior to combining with anything else. Using a cellbone glycolic peel as an ingredient has a much lower pH and this fact deserves some consideration IMHO. Simply put, these are VERY strong glycolic products!

I am also wondering about your final statement "... and add it to a base cream from one of the DIY supply sites". I will repeat and expand upon what I said before: by definition, a cream is an emulsion of either oil-in-water or water-in-oil. They are usually semi-solid topical products. Lotions are similar in composition, except they are typically oil-in- water compositions with a higher concentration of water. By definition, they ALL contain oil/fats (unless, as I suggested, the product is mislabeled as a cream when it is not really a cream). To simplify this issue, could you possibly supply the name of a base CREAM which DIYers could use that is acceptable as an LED pretreatment base (to which ingredients such as green tea or AHA are added)? I don't believe such a product can be purchased from any DIY site.

I did see your followup comment to either use LED on clean exfoliated skin or "keep it simple" but that reply does not address my concerns and questions.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |