Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

droopy upper eyelid
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Andrea38
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
HI Everyone;

My problem is that my upper eyelids have swollen for lack of a better word- they cover my lower ones.............. I want those SEEN! I look didfferent - not my real self like this and I hate it! Does anyone know of a product or a device like the baby Q... ANYTHING to get my eyelids the way they are supposed to be? Actually I was told by someone who worked at Lightstim that it wouldn't work, to my dissapointment.... could taking HA help, in anyone;s experience? I cannot afford an eyejob- brow lift! PLease help! If anyone can. TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
Andria,
I posted best really best eye cream that is lifting, I know all to well how you feel. There are many recommendations, some temporary some not. You might want to check out the thread.

HTH
DM
here is the link

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=35511

Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
In addition to Dark Moon's suggestion, you might find something of note in these threads Andrea38:

products to lift eyelids?
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=19624&highlight=droopy+eyelids

Anything For Droopy Upper Eye Lids?
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=21297&highlight=droopy+eyelids

Sagging eyelids
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=31003&highlight=droopy+eyelids

Droopy Eyelids
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=30200&highlight=droopy+eyelids

HTHs. Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:28 am      Reply with quote
Havana8,
You are just too awesome I swear you must know this forum like the back of your hand!
Thanks
DM Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:40 am      Reply with quote
Just like exercise, you also have to exercise that portion of your face, not only body. Regular routine like massaging that area and lifting these brows will strengthen the muscles. Also mud pack for the face with tightening ingredients will also help... And don't forget a lot of vitamin A and C on those areas will also minimize the "droopiness".

I hope this helps? Smile

Andrea38 wrote:
HI Everyone;

My problem is that my upper eyelids have swollen for lack of a better word- they cover my lower ones.............. I want those SEEN! I look didfferent - not my real self like this and I hate it! Does anyone know of a product or a device like the baby Q... ANYTHING to get my eyelids the way they are supposed to be? Actually I was told by someone who worked at Lightstim that it wouldn't work, to my dissapointment.... could taking HA help, in anyone;s experience? I cannot afford an eyejob- brow lift! PLease help! If anyone can. TIA
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Jade,

I have this same issue and very sensitive eyes, I would really be concerned about using things that can be harsh to some on the facial skin, so close to your very delicate eye. Vitamin a and vitamin C can sometimes be very irritating. ???

DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:41 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all of your suggestions!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have the same issue, and I just noticed today some actual lifting, my brows are sitting a bit higher and I think the skin is a bit firmer too.

Actually I really examined it after Andrea had asked me if anything I mentioned in another thread had helped. I've been really keying in on hyper-pigmentation and peeling lately, so hadn't really evaluated the eyes as much. So many issues, so little time Rolling Eyes

All I can tell you that I have changed is that I have been using HA Soy Lift for about a month now as an eye cream (cuz I only had a sample). Along with Amazing Day and Eye cream (also Perfect Complexion stuff). But I also have been doing the Upper Lid stretch from Flex Effect twice a day. The other time I thought I noticed a difference in that area was when I was doing the Facercise eye exercise, where you do the sunglasses hold and squint 30 times, etc.

I really think that some creams can help, but the exercises are going to be key also. I noticed there is some new cream meant specifically for upper eye lids in the magazines, but I am sticking with Perfect Complexion stuff for now until I decide if it works or now. I really like that whole concept of her line and have started doing custom eye compresses with proteins.

Prolly end up getting a brow lift in the end anyway though. Laughing
Songbird
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
lorimcp wrote:
I also have been doing the Upper Lid stretch from Flex Effect twice a day.

lorimcp,

Could you possibly explain how you are doing this exercise and how long you do it each time?

Thanks alot Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
using 3 fingers on each hand, push the upper eyelid skin up to the brow bone and hold. Contract the muscle by closing the eye and hold for a count of 6, do 10 times.
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Everytime I do eye exercises it seems my eye area gets more droopy and i give up.

Would this be a "gets worse before better" kind of thing? If so - how long does that last... Smile

If not - is it possible facial exercises may not work for some people?

THANKS
howdy59
5% products discount

Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
I was taking Hyaluronic Acid for 2 days, on the third day I noticed my upper eye lid drooping! It filled with so much fluid it's coming down onto my lower. omg! Sad I'm so sad
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |