Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

cheap natural and organic skin care .Brands do you like..
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
Which organic natural skin care brands do you use have used like or hate and why.
I am trying to decide on a conditioner( I am interested in all products from these types of brands ...body lotion cleanser etc) and there are so many great sounding brands so cant choose. I have tried aubrey which I like but want to try something new.(common brands that are easy to purchase online at vitamin sites etc)
eg
kiss my face(used a cleanser and it was too harsh for my skin despite being a gentle cream cleanser)
dessert essence
hugo naturals
now foods
EO products (really like)
Giovanni
alba botanic
natures gate
etc
htian21
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
I like Burt's bees mashmallow conditioner although this line is not on your list.
daftpunkcyclist
5% products discount

Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:48 am      Reply with quote
Great topic. IMO, alot of these stuff may be junk. I.e. i bought the giovanni leave in condtioner via iherb.com...it serves no better than cheap-a$$ suave product and probably makes my hair more brittle/dry than not using it.

I bought an aubrey shampoo (rose mesquite it think) and be careful since its loow lather, and i made sure i rinsed it all out but it left a filmy type look left on my hair.

I have a Avalon organics glistening shampoo and thats alright.

I do like the toner from alba organics. the one w/ gotu kola, i dont use it everyday, only ocassionally so I dont really notice and impact.

Most of these brands still contain bad stuff in them. I think best of the "cheaper" brands would be weleda and aubrey. bottom line, i wouldnt waste a lot of money trying these things out...i try to research then buy 1 higher quality item.

I also tried an aromatherapy facewash cream by beauty w/o cruelty. I wanted to like it so much, but it left my face feeling filmy...maybe thats the real feeling of clean but I think it clogged my pores.
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:52 am      Reply with quote
Yeah some still have parabens but many now do not mostly the organic brands are the safe ones (not just the natural ) . It seems they are improving their ingredients as it is getting more competitive . I do like weleda too but I remember that they use lanolin and other ingredients I dont like but I should re check that...
Thats the thing about aubrey hair care I love them but I do remember the filmy feeling and now that I am conditioner only washing my hair I want to avoid that.
The hair spray is good though.
I used a beauty without cruelty face mask (hydrating) and it burned my skin. It was all natural but I think they over did it with some of the essential oils.... Sad
That put me off their entire product line!
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:21 am      Reply with quote
htian21 wrote:
I like Burt's bees mashmallow conditioner although this line is not on your list.

Sounds great.(the list is just an example of brands)
I have tried a few burts bees products in the past and REALLY liked them but they are so expensive in japan and the entire range is so hard to find here and I want to be able to buy them online at my favourite vitamin site (iherb)(cheap shipping)but they dont sell burts bees.
Surprised
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:31 am      Reply with quote
I should add that when I use a product and its really bad (burning itching etc) then that puts me off the ENTIRE line. I really want to find a line I love. I dont expect to find face creams that work brilliantly its more for cleansers body lotions conditioners bath salts soaps etc (and at the moment especially conditioners)
I dont want to use anything with chemicals and dont want to pay a fortune on body lotions and liquid/solid soaps and hair conditioners (now that I am using condition only....you need a lot of product and I only want natural on my scalp)

also am on the fence with kiss my face....
my skin has been itchy lately and am not sure if its the body lotion. Am changing soon to alba botanicals and see if thats better. Question
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:55 am      Reply with quote
Hello,

If the fragrances are causing issues buying Organic unscented may be the best option. Here is a site that sells quite a lot, they also sell samples so a much cheaper way to check things out!

http://www.essentialwholesale.com/

Other members have purchased from them and love the sample option, must agree!

HTH
DM

5% products discount

Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:03 am      Reply with quote
An English brand the Body Shop is cheap and qualified..
mogulicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Dark Moon - the products from essentialwholesale are lovely...

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
I saw some Giovanni shamppo and conditioner which I waanted to try but I'm a Lush hair care addict. Anyone tried Giovanni?
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried a couple of skin care/hair care products from the health food section.

I like and have repurchased Avalon Vitamin C serum. This is lightweight and has staple C (MAP forumla). Pump bottle and available Walmart, SDM in Canada. Nice under sunscreen or moisturizer.

I like Burt Bees lip shimmers. I prefer Silk Naturals organic lippies. Silk Naturals is online only.

I tried Avalon Lavendar shampoo. Nice smell if you like lavendar. I wanted to try a no sulfate shampoo. Low sudsing but left my hair feeling dry. I prefer L'oreal Everpure, AG and Colouresse (Sally knock off) for no sulfate shampooes.

I also like and prefer Mineral makeup for foundation, blush, finishing powder and eye shadows. Bonus that this is close to organic and more "green".
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
I recently discovered "Real Purity' and so far love all the products I tried - organic and elegant - foundation, concealer, eye shadows (stay the entire day without creasing), lipstick.

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
I recently discovered "Real Purity' and so far love all the products I tried - organic and elegant - foundation, concealer, eye shadows (stay the entire day without creasing), lipstick.

HTH

Now you have to tell where you found this gold mine!
Very Happy
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, I bought a few books by Tonya Zavasta (www.beautifulonraw.com) and am currently using her cream and mask. Then I found the references to the cosmetics and ordered a few samples, loved them and placed an order for full sizes.

The website iswww.realpurity.com.

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Sigma!
I will check into the site and products!
I'll let you know what I think.

DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:56 am      Reply with quote
ww.dermae.com

Natural products, Great prices and they have won alot of awards for their product. Check them out Smile
oranges
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:21 am      Reply with quote
I liked Burt's Bees super shiney shampoo and conditioner (can't remember the exact name)
Burt's bees radiance shower gel, DID NOT LIKE radiance lotion or spf 15 for face
I really liked giovanni smooth as silk S&C the first few times I used it but after continued use my hair felt icky.
I really like Jason apricot S&C
I also am very happy with Earth Science Clarifying cleanser.

I want to try more Alba products.
crystalcricket

Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:20 am      Reply with quote
This is worth a look- Jodi at Heartjcreations over at etsy has organic shampoos and conditioners with wonderful, hair nourishing ingredients that are actually pretty reasonably priced and she will custom scent them for you- no charge for that. Her soaps and scrubs are incredible and prices are really good on those too. Placed my first order and went right back to do my Christmas shopping because her stuff is just so spoiling good.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:36 am      Reply with quote
I've tried a few Giovanni hair products and don't find them that impressive. The shampoo was OK (I'm not too picky about shampoo, all I ask is that they NOT contain sulfates) and the conditioner wasn't hydrating enough. I have thick, curly hair and need tons of hydration, so this line could be perfectly suitable for others.

What led to the most negative experience with Giovanni hair products is their Sunset Styling lotion. Tried it to control frizz, but after a week of use I noticed a goopy buildup on my hair... it felt like some kind of plastic coating and it took two shampoo cycles to remove --- only after another week of not using the stuff, did hair feel free of this substance. Maybe it's the PVP Copolymer?

http://www.vitacost.com/Giovanni-Sunset-Styling-Lotion-8-5-oz

For an organic line of hair products I truly DO love, Peter Lamas Soy Balancing Conditioner has become a staple. I still use it... somehow, even WITHOUT silicones, this conditioner leave hair very soft, smooth and tangle free.

http://www.vitacost.com/Lamas-Soy-Balancing-Conditioner

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Though not cheap but absolutely fantastic is shampoo by Dr.Alkaitis. I have been using it for the past couple of months and love it. As a live-in conditioner I use ""5 Elements Natural Wild Crafted Volumizer and Hairspray" and love it as well.

HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:39 am      Reply with quote
OOohhh, I tried Giovanni - most of their conditioners are too heavy for me, I found a very light one, not a great fan of it but will finish the bottle. Leave in conditioner to do my ends is just too heavy.

Aubrey's - I hated all of it - I tried all the shampoos they are all low lather, and are so heavy that my hair looks 3 day dirty after washing.

Kiss my face shampoo is not 100% organic, it has synthetic lathering etc. And it was stripping my hair too much. I don't get how they get away claiming organic when there is only a bunch of ingredients that are organic.

Dessert essense - I only tried their aloe vera and that irritated my skin like crazy - hands, everything - red rash right away. And if you just try aloe straight from the plant, it is very calming.

Avalon - I have the baby shampoo and I like it - for my daughter. California baby also.

What I found so far, is that it seems the organic hair care industry is still in it's baby beginnings, and long term big companies out there are far ahead.

Oh, and Burts bees don't even claim they are organic, just natural.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Zverenok,

I also tried most of what you mentioned and was not impressed.

The 2 I like and use daily for the past 2 years are - Dr. Alkaitis (since spring) and John Masters (Zinc + ...). Both are not cheap, but ...

I also now use live-in conditioner, that is fairly inexpensive ("5 Elements" one).

HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
avogrape wrote:
I saw some Giovanni shamppo and conditioner which I waanted to try but I'm a Lush hair care addict. Anyone tried Giovanni?

I tried body lotion and wasn't very impressed with it - not moisturizing at all
taterbugpbj
5% products discount

Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
My faves are

Korres (HG products)!!
Aubrey's
Burt's Bee's (I love the tomato soap and toner)

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:49 am      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
Zverenok,

I also tried most of what you mentioned and was not impressed.

The 2 I like and use daily for the past 2 years are - Dr. Alkaitis (since spring) and John Masters (Zinc + ...). Both are not cheap, but ...

I also now use live-in conditioner, that is fairly inexpensive ("5 Elements" one).

HTH

I think the organic industry is still very young and experimental. They are just starting to create their formulations so it will be a while before they can match up the feel, the result etc. of other long timers.

Haven't heard of Dr. Alkaitis or John Masters - will have to see if I can get them in any local stores. I've tried several leave in conditioners and it doesn't seem to be the product for me - I have fine hair that gets oily quickly, so anything on it weighs it down like crazy very fast Sad
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |