Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ingredients to combat gray hair
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Sometimes you just get lucky. A couple of years ago I was turning gray seriously. But to my surprise most gray hairs have gone - at 52 I don't have to dye my hair at all. So graying is a process that can be reversed, even if I have no clue whatsoever how this happened.
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
panoslydios wrote:
unsulphured blackstrap molasses.

I forgot that I recently added Blackstrap Molasses tablets (from Swanson Health Products) to what I take, too. That's a good source of iron and I like to help my husband stay healthy.

He is older than I am (by 11 years) and for several years, he was very sick ALL the time. In 2009 the doctors decided that his extremely deformed foot was causing him too many problems and it had to go. Ever since he lost the portion of his leg (which had a huge infection in it...sorry if that's TMI) and the foot, he hasn't been sick even ONE DAY. He hasn't even had a cold. Nothing. That whole thing was a blessing in disguise. I like to help him (and me) stay as healthy as possible. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
I forgot that I also take a liquid form of DMAE h3 which contains PABA and has reversed gray hair for quite a few people. I also have Fo Ti in liquid form as well as pills. My hair color is a little unique and I've never been sure I could "match" it very well color-wise which is why I never wanted to resort to coloring. It goes from platinum blonde to bright red to dark brown, depending on the type and the amount of light but is normally a strawberry blonde sort of color.

Except for the Fo Ti, all of the supplements I take have uses for 'good health' as well as the possibility that they can reverse gray hair. None of them have actually been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt to reverse gray hair, either so I use several 'just in case' they might work but also count on them for good health. Smile

Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing the details, Angela! Sounds a bit harrowing for you and your husband--I'm glad he's doing better. Smile

I've heard the Fo Ti recommended before to prevent gray hair. When you mention tea bags, are you applying the tea topically or drinking it? I haven't heard of the DMAE H3 and will have to look more into that and the other supplements on your list.

Lotusesther, by chance did you start eating a lot of almonds? I remember ShastaGirl mentioning that almonds have been shown to increase the body's levels of catalase which may prevent graying hair:

ShastaGirl wrote:
I read an interesting thing in Dr. Jessica Wu's book, "Feed Your Face".

On page 211, she notes that eating almonds can help prevent gray hair. Almonds contain catalase which helps to prevent hair from turning gray. It won't do anything for hair that is already gray though. The book references a study that had Chinese men eat 3 ounces of almonds a day for 4 weeks and this led to a 10% increase in catalase.

I find this interesting since about 4-5 years ago I started eating almonds in earnest. I usually eat about an ounce a day, sometimes more if I use almond flour. A few months ago, I remarked that it seemed like I wasn't getting any new grays in my hair. I have some at the temples, but so far, it's not spreading to other areas much. Might be coincidental, or maybe it's the almonds!

Might be an opinion for those waiting for this supplement to be available.
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for your kind words, havana8. Smile

I use the Fo Ti tea bags to make tea with and take it 'internally'. I'm not too much of a "tea fan" but it's not too bad. I also take Fo Ti pills from Swanson Health Products but when I drink the tea regularly, I seem to have fewer gray strands. I don't have very many gray strands anyway (had my first gray hair at 4 years old...my mom put it into a scrapbook Very Happy) but there were some coming in near my hairline on my left side and in my bangs. Those seem to pretty much be gone, now. A few gray hairs mixed in with my haircolor just looks like "highlights" so I don't mind a few strands of gray. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:01 am      Reply with quote
panoslydios wrote:

This stuff is seriously unhealthy.do not approach!

Do some research, the way its presented to us now, its sugar - sludge.

avoid!

Easy to get iron from eating more spinach..have a daily green smoothie, the benfits are manifold.
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:11 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
panoslydios wrote:

avoid!

Easy to get iron from eating more spinach..have a daily green smoothie, the benfits are manifold.

Blackstrap molasses is also the number one food for potassium so we also take the pills for that reason. My husband is diabetic so I do not give him regular molasses, anyway but I do thank you for your post. Smile

P.S. I DO have green smoothies; I make mine with V8 Fusion (the fruity stuff) and mix in Green Magma and Magma Plus

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:40 am      Reply with quote
TTD wrote:
Btw does MSM just increase the strength and rate of growth of hair or does it affect the colour too? If anybody can let me know their experience it would be great.

I recently am taking MSM supplements and have just recently found my first few Gray strands. Coincidence?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
panoslydios wrote:

avoid!

I think it's okay in moderation. A spoon a day isnt going to take a healthy person down.
bellabambiiina
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
jedder wrote:
Dr schallreuter said that it is practically impossible for natural catalase extracts to penetrate the skin..... so synthetic catalase was needed. There is a compound that has excellent catalase and superoxide dismutase activity and is synthetic.... it is called EUK 134.The only place i have seen it sold is chemical wholesalers....i would definetely try it if i could obtain it in smaller amounts. I think this and a dermaroller could do the trick?

i Take glisodin off and on. I read somewhere it is recommended to take it for weeks at a time, then stop for a while and get back on. Now I just pop one when I remember to Laughing not very scientific, but hopefully it helps.
bellabambiiina
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
Sometimes you just get lucky. A couple of years ago I was turning gray seriously. But to my surprise most gray hairs have gone - at 52 I don't have to dye my hair at all. So graying is a process that can be reversed, even if I have no clue whatsoever how this happened.

That is freaking awesome. If you do get a clue as to how it happened, I am sure everyone would be extremely interested. Cool
bellabambiiina
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
panoslydios wrote:

avoid!

it doesnt only have iron...also copper and other stuff
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:05 am      Reply with quote
bellabambiiina wrote:
catski wrote:
panoslydios wrote:

avoid!

it doesnt only have iron...also copper and other stuff

And potassium. It is the #1 food for potassium. The #2 food is tomato paste but that doesn't have anywhere near as much potassium as Blackstrap molasses.

P.S. Taking potassium pills can be dangerous as an imbalance of potassium can be harmful for the heart (either too low OR too high) but getting potassium in a food supply is totally fine. That's why you can't purchase OTC potassium pills stronger than 99mg.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
I've been in touch with a few people having used LLLT, just normal people on forums not trying to sell me anything and all of them with grey hair noticed a reversal. Of course, the good devices are a big cost, so I'm still considering if I will do it.
lillyc
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:46 am      Reply with quote
I am an asian and we believe in food therapy. Most of us know that black sesame and black beans are good for hair growth (with a lot of scentific proof). I suggest you search for those related supplements or recipes online. Hope it may help!
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:15 am      Reply with quote
What about PABA ? That works for me. For the first time i heard about it from Uri Gheler 20 years ago Smile . He is obsessed with health and pills Smile
here are some evidences as well

Darkening of Gray Hair During Para-Amino-Benzoic Acid Therapy
http://www.nature.com/jid/journal/v15/n6/full/jid1950121a.html
Troya
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
thanks, paba doesn't work for everybody I've heard; would it work better for recent graying? What brand do you take, how much and after how much time did u see any results?
havana8

Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Not sure if this product has been mentioned but it may be of interest to some:

Grayban
http://www.verseo.com

I've never heard of it before but they claim it can restore your natural hair colour without dyes by boosting your hair's melanin. On their home page they are offering 40% off with coupon 40GRAY.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
Troya wrote:
I've been in touch with a few people having used LLLT, just normal people on forums not trying to sell me anything and all of them with grey hair noticed a reversal. Of course, the good devices are a big cost, so I'm still considering if I will do it.

So what does the acronym LLLT stand for? Thanks.
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi troy I have taking paba for 6 months and is now foods one a day what I can see is a bit less whites than before I didn't have too much to start with but definitively around my ears I have less I still color the roots every 8 weeks I forgot to mention that I have dark brown hair and I am doing some highlights twice a year
Troya
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:50 am      Reply with quote
grayban is a dye, a progressive one, it washes out when shampooing and colors your clothes as well.
LLLT stands for low laser light therapy.

The PABA is more effective on recent graying I've heard, is that correct?
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Troya wrote:
grayban is a dye, a progressive one, it washes out when shampooing and colors your clothes as well.
LLLT stands for low laser light therapy.

The PABA is more effective on recent graying I've heard, is that correct?

Thank you for the meaning of the acronym LLLT. I must now find out what kind of laser that is and where to find it.
OoKarmenoO

Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
Not sure if is true but I heard eating black sesame is good for hair and help with grey. I found 1 grey hair a month or so ago, I pluck it and I drank black sesame soy milk, and I don't see it anymore.
Troya
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:42 am      Reply with quote
Overmachogrande uses the highest strength, the website is a bit genuine but he's given me good answers to my emails, seems to be very knowledgable. Of course it's always a big cost.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |