Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ingredients to combat gray hair
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
I drinking coffee with blackstrap molasses right now, and it's definitely not very good. In fact, I'm feeling a little queasy. On the other hand, the bottle said it was high in calcium so I looked up some information on it and found that two teaspoons of blackstrap molasses will meet 11.8% of your daily needs for calcium. I guess I'll persevere. I think I added too much this time.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie,
I do think it is an "acquired" taste! I would start out slowly and work up!
I just read something about our deficiency of copper contributing to grey hair, especially in the west! Apparently all the corn syrup prevents our absorption or flushes it through our bodies, sorry I don't recall the actual wording right now, but if I can find the link I'll post it!

HTH
DM
Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hey everyone - Was thinking of adding blue lotus extract to my conditioner to stop
further graying. As a conditioner sits on the hair for a longer period of time, do you think that might help? OR would it be better to
put the extract directly on the scalp before shampooing?? What do you all think for it to be
most effective?? If the blue lotus extract would be added to a conditioner, how much should be added to 8oz of conditioner? Thx
DiPhx

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
DiPhx,

I would definitely include it in whatever product you leave on the longest. I'm pretty sure I'm not getting any benefit from putting it in my shampoo, because I wash it out so quickly. The Garden of Wisdom site says you can use up to 10% of the extract, so for 8 oz. you could use .8 oz. of the extract. I used the .25 oz. I had bought in approximately 4 oz. of shampoo - probably another reason why it's not doing anything. I really want to make doba's lemon spray/gel and add the lotus extract to it.
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
Actually Skippie - adding the blue lotus to a spray gel which doesn't get washed out sounds like an even better idea - or maybe add it to both a conditioner and a spray gel!!
Thank you so much for this suggestion - will have to ponder this and think it through as to what might work the best!! Have don well with the AAlightstim and Tua Viso after much research so this is the next aging battle to conquer! Thx again so much! DiPhx

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:29 am      Reply with quote
the taste for blackstrap molasses can be acquired - I didn't like it at first but now that's normal for the way I have my coffee sometimes.

I am more interested in things to be taken internally to combat grey hair rather than stuff to put on top of it. I really hope there is a cure for it Neutral
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:38 am      Reply with quote
I would add the lotus extract to any leave in conditioners and treatments! If you can do an overnight deep conditioner once a week or so I would use it that way as well! It is a natural extract so I personally wouldn't be concerned about using it topically!
IMHO
DM
Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
TTD wrote:
the taste for blackstrap molasses can be acquired - I didn't like it at first but now that's normal for the way I have my coffee sometimes.

I am more interested in things to be taken internally to combat grey hair rather than stuff to put on top of it. I really hope there is a cure for it Neutral

I'll keep on keeping on, then, TTD. After I put it in my coffee that one time, I couldn't stomach the thought of doing it again. So today I tried taking it straight right before I drank my coffee and that was much better. I didn't feel that I ruined a whole cup that way - just the first swallow.
piglet
5% products discount

Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:51 am      Reply with quote
I would also use the blue lotus extract in a deep conditioning treatment, or mix with an oil like sesame oil and leave on overnight.
I'm on the second month of the pepperie tea. This is also something you spray on your hair after washing, and leave in. It seems to be working on the new silvers around the hairline. Although the grey hairs on the crown (which I haven't coloured for a month) are still grey.

I tried BSM but it didn't work for me. For internal use, copper may be worth trying. Also thet Chinese herb polygonum multiflorum is said to be effective (on the holistic chinese herbs site).
TTD
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Btw does MSM just increase the strength and rate of growth of hair or does it affect the colour too? If anybody can let me know their experience it would be great.
piglet
5% products discount

Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:09 am      Reply with quote
came across something else for grey hair. It's called recouleur. It claims to repigment skin (for those with vitiligo). It's a vitamin supplement containing copper, zinc, vitamin B12, folic acid, vitamin C and pantothenic acid. Apparently, you should avoid dairy as dairy is said to impede the absorption of copper. This info is from the Life Extension Forum: forum dot LEF dot com. There's a thread there on restoring colour to grey hair.

This forum also mentioned that bimatoprost (Lumigan) can also repigment hair.
You can find more information by googling United states patent: 20050058614

Is anyone having any luck with other anti grey remedies?
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:21 am      Reply with quote
I actually think the blackstrap molasses was helping to darken my eyebrows. But I stopped taking it several weeks ago, and now I'm not sure I can make myself start up again. My stomach turns queasy at the thought. I think you can buy BSM pills but I haven't located any yet. If anyone knows where to buy them, I'd love to know.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
I actually think the blackstrap molasses was helping to darken my eyebrows. But I stopped taking it several weeks ago, and now I'm not sure I can make myself start up again. My stomach turns queasy at the thought. I think you can buy BSM pills but I haven't located any yet. If anyone knows where to buy them, I'd love to know.

Skippie,

Well anyone who just can't stomach BSM straight or in a drink, here are a few links to blackstrap molasses caps, I hope this is what you are looking for.

DM Smile

http://shop.hihealth.com/Ultra_Plan_Chelated_Iron__Blackstrap_Molasses_100_Caps_P1967.cfm

http://www.vitaminworld.com/pages/file.asp?PID=655&CID=608&CPID=491

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:27 am      Reply with quote
Thanks DM. I've decided to give Brewer's Yeast a try. There are great reviews of Lewis Labs brewer's yeast on Amazon - people say it tastes much better than any other brand.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
Thanks DM. I've decided to give Brewer's Yeast a try. There are great reviews of Lewis Labs brewer's yeast on Amazon - people say it tastes much better than any other brand.

Good Luck Skippie!
I hope you find this more palitable than the BSM! Smile

DM

5% products discount

Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:35 am      Reply with quote
I have been thinking about giving the blue lotus extract a try. But in the meantime am going to experiment with an egg white mask. Someone told me that egg white might help restore colour to grey hair. I've been using Pepperié for several months and so has my husband but I have to report that it isn´t having any effect.
I´m thinking of taking my HGH precursors (basically a combination of amino acids). I’ve no idea whether this will work! Visualisation is probably just as effective.
I’m a bit bummed about the Pepperié – I did it every morning on wet hair for months. And normally I only wash my hair two or three times a week. It smells great and my hair is shiny, but the greys are still there....
I’m using henna and indigo. But it’s messy and a bore. I hope the egg white will work! I will report back in a while.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:42 am      Reply with quote
piglet wrote:
I have been thinking about giving the blue lotus extract a try. But in the meantime am going to experiment with an egg white mask. Someone told me that egg white might help restore colour to grey hair. I've been using Pepperié for several months and so has my husband but I have to report that it isn´t having any effect.
I´m thinking of taking my HGH precursors (basically a combination of amino acids). I’ve no idea whether this will work! Visualisation is probably just as effective.
I’m a bit bummed about the Pepperié – I did it every morning on wet hair for months. And normally I only wash my hair two or three times a week. It smells great and my hair is shiny, but the greys are still there....
I’m using henna and indigo. But it’s messy and a bore. I hope the egg white will work! I will report back in a while.

Thanks for reporting back, piglet. I'm convinced that only something taken internally will be able to help with gray hair. I have no scientific reason for that - just my gut feeling. I'm back to taking blackstrap molasses, because I think it does help. I started getting more gray hair again when I stopped taking it.
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thx for sharing the info piglet! If yoiu start using the blue lotus extract, let us know if it works and how you use it! Sorry on the pepperie! DIPhx

5% products discount

Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi Skippie and DiPhx, I’m planning on trying an egg white and castor oil hair mask 2 or 3 times a week, leaving it in for about one hour. This was recommended to me ages ago but I didn’t take it seriously. But it’s inexpensive and simple, so why not give it a whirl.

I’ve been looking into alternative methods of restoring hair colour but no one yet (at least on forums like this one and the Life Extension Foundation forum) seems to have found anything that seems effective. Some people on the LFE forum claimed to have had success with some kind of Thai black ginger. But the info was very anecdotal it was hard to tell if it worked as many posters didn’t report back often, if at all.
I think some kind of human growth hormone precursor will help. This is purely my ‘ feeling’. I am no dietician, but was thinking that supplements touted to prolong longevity would probably be the likeliest way of halting graying or restoring colour. This would probably be some kind of amino acid combination. Although they’d need to be in balance. And, of course, absorbable by the body in sufficient quantities. Otherwise, this stuff would need to be injected.
I know this guy who’s really into sports and racing cycling, and that’s a crowd that is totally into all this kind of thing. I know he gets injectable stuff but am not sure where from (I thought Germany). Maybe I should ask him (he has great hair too ... practically waist length! And mine just won’t speed up and grow).
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:30 am      Reply with quote
I wonder if any of you have heard or used topknot:

The topknot is an herbal combination that restores gray hair to it's original color. Supposedly it works for some depending on how toxic they are combined with metals in the body.

This is extracted from the curezone forum:
http://curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1170398

I have been in contact with the barefoot herbalist at his site and emailed him inquiring about this formula.
Unfortunatelly they do not ship overseas as is too expensive.

Looks like many people is having success with this, some others go through a reddish stage before the hair actually goes back to its original color and for some it is taking longer than for others.

I have also seen a tea based on black pepper and other spices. They claim restores hair color. This one is sold by the pepperie. But not much feedback from customers.
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
Skin Actives is selling "Gray hair serum with methionine sulfoxide reductase (MSR)" on their site. Has anyone tried it?

http://www.skinactives.com/product/detail.aspx?prodID=190
piglet
5% products discount

Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi Zenity, I've used pepperie for about 3 months, my DH too. It may have helped slightly, but certainly not much. I am very dark, DH is mid to light brown. I couldn't see much difference if any on his hair either. Sorry... I really hoped it would work. But if you feel like trying it, why not? It might work for you. It's herbal so is gentle and cumulative. And its inexpensive. If nothing else it makes your hair really shine. It's nice to use and customer service is fab Smile
Snowie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
is it true that if i'm graying and dye my hair to mask it that my hair will become gray faster?
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:16 am      Reply with quote
Snowie wrote:
is it true that if i'm graying and dye my hair to mask it that my hair will become gray faster?

I've never heard of that and can't imagine that it is true. I can't see how it could possibly make hair more grey. Hopefully, someone with more expertise than myself will come along and verify this, though.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:37 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Snowie wrote:

I've never heard of that and can't imagine that it is true. I can't see how it could possibly make hair more grey. Hopefully, someone with more expertise than myself will come along and verify this, though.

I've never heard of it either. Maybe it's because once you stop dyeing (sp? - is it dying or dyeing) your hair, it's a shock how gray your hair now is.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |