Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Any advice for a newbie?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
hunkeymonkey

Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I'm new here. I've been searching for a forum like this where I can indulge my vanity Smile

I'm 27, I've never looked that old. But recently I've really noticed the wrinkles under my eyes and across my forehead. I want to do everything I can now to slow the ageing process and get rid of the wrinkles I already have.

It's difficult for me to find out this kind of info. It's not like I can chat to the guys about it! Most of the sites and forums I've found online look fake and fully of false testimonials. But this forum seems like real genuine people.

What I'm doing at the moment:-
* Moisturise every day (have done for years)
* Use bio oil under my eyes
* Try to keep my forehead and eyes relaxed
* Take green tea caps for the antioxidants

I've got really sensitive skin. I tried something with AHA's a couple of years ago and it disagreed with me.

Advice and pointers very much welcome Very Happy

HM
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
Use sunscreen every single day. You may want to check into adding a Retinol product at night along with a topical C and/or antioxidant formula in the morning (under your sunscreen!).
hunkeymonkey

Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:22 am      Reply with quote
Last time I went to the docs to try and get Retin A he told me it's been linked with causing cancer... Or are you talking about a different product?

Any suggestions on a non fragranced topical C and/or antioxidant formula?

Treat me as if I'm clueless as I mostly am when it comes to this stuff.

HM
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:49 am      Reply with quote
HM, since you said you have sensitive skin, I recommended a Retinol product. It is an A product, but not harsh like Retin A can be. There was an article that came out about Retin A/smokers and cancer, but I would have to dig to find it. I know it was posted on this site. Retin A is one of the only things that have been proven to help with wrinkles, unfortunately!

Here are some things to read on the smartskincare site that may help you:

http://www.smartskincare.com/treatments/topical/retinaldehyde.html

http://www.smartskincare.com/treatments/topical/retinoids.html

http://www.smartskincare.com/treatments/topical/retinol.html

That will get you started!

As far as recommending a C and/or antioxidant product, there are just so many. I would personally look for something that has at least C and E in it. There are a ton out there, though!

Here's more for you to read from the smartskincare site.

http://www.smartskincare.com/treatments/topical/vitamin-c-vitamin-e-ferulic-acid.html

http://www.smartskincare.com/treatments/topical/anhydrous_vitc_combo.html

http://www.smartskincare.com/treatments/topical/vitcderiv.html

(By the way, that site is great for learning about a lot of the different topicals out now!)

Hope that helps!
pinkrose
5% products discount

Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there and welcome,

This is what I suggest:-

i. That you use a 100% mineral sunscreen for effective day protection.

ii. That you use BIO-OIL over your entire face and neck at night.

iii. When you moisturise around your eye area, you need to make sure that you go in the right direction.

Wrinkles at only 27 indicate to me that you're probably not treating the delicate eye-area properly.

Pat in your Bio-Oil with your ring finger. If you start with your right eye, begin at the INNER CORNER and pat gently to the right, then continue to the left beneath the eye in the same manner.

I am much, much older than you and this procedure has resulted in my having no wrinkles.
Unfortunately, you may need to consider Bo-Tox for your forehead.

With regard to your fomer use of AHA's, I would consider that in your early twenries, these are products unsuitable for that specific age group.

Hope this is useful,

Warm regards,

pinkrose

PS: For a very informative complimentary 20 page report on SkinCare go towww.lookyearsyoungernow.com
hunkeymonkey

Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
The problem I found with using BIO-OIL regularly was that it made me spotty. I think I have been doing my eyes wrong. I'll dab from now on.

I don't like the idea of botox myself, but I am looking at the safetox as an alternative. Wish it wasn't so expensive Sad

I guess I haven't really got wrinkles, more fine lines. I don't have crows feet at all.

HM
Bluewave
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
Start using serum and sunscreen, so that its less harsh on your skin and it preserve your skin elasticity.
hunkeymonkey

Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:37 am      Reply with quote
I've got some good facial sunscreen, but what is serum?

HM
WCSmurfette
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi, there, hunkeymonkey,

If you ever consider retinoid use, an over-the-counter retinol product that is inexpensive is Retinol ResQ by Alpha Hydrox. The retinol percent is .15%, which is low, and it is a good starting point for you, since you have sensitive skin and may want to start out with retinoid use, one day. I have very sensitive skin and use it every other night. I spot treat areas, for instance, under my eyes and crow’s feet, on some days if my rosacea is misbehaving, instead of applying it to my whole face.

For Vitamin C, you have a number of choices to consider:

* L-Aascorbic Acid
* Vitamin C Esters, such as, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, and Tetrahexydecyl Ascorbate.

The most efficacious form of Vitamin C is Ascorbic Acid, but not everyone can use Ascorbic Acid or use it in a strong strength because it is an acid. The Vitamin C esters are gentler, they have a higher pH, are not acids, but give similar benefits as those of Ascorbic Acid.

My favorite Vitamin C is Tetrahexydecyl Ascorbate. Tetrahexydecyl Ascorbate is made from Ascorbic Acid, acts like Ascorbic Acid, is not an acid, and has the same benefits as Ascorbic Acid, but with out the sensitivity issues. I am like you, I cannot use acids at all.

If you need exfoliation, you can try non-acid exfoliants that utilize enzymes to help remove dead skin cells. These types of exfoliants are so gentle that you can use them daily, without issue, if you have sensitive skin. Isomers makes a non-acid exfoliant, works great.

Just a very positive note on Retin-A:

Tretinoic acid, the active ingredient in Retin-A, is actually prescribed as a topical chemotheraputic treatment by doctors, to patients that have had or have certain types of non-melanoma skin cancers, such as basal and squamous cell carcinomas, because it is “chemopreventative”. Tretinoic acid has the ability to signal abnormal cells to function normally, thereby, preventing and treating these types of skin cancers.

I don't want you to be too frightened of Retin-A. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |