Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
what works for dry lips
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
I have extremely dry lips that get flaky, cracked and even bleed. I went to the doc and was prescribed a cream with Hydrocortisone acetate. It's amazing! My lips are very smooth now. Im impressed. Because it's a prescription drug, Im not sure if there are any long term side effects of using it.
But if you have dry lips, try it. It really works. Very Happy
The doc also said too much vit a (beta carotene) can cause dry lips. I dont take any vit a.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Have you ever try shea butter? It works very well even in winter. You can use everywhere its dry.
iregal
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:57 am      Reply with quote
i like Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream for treating dry lips.
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:01 am      Reply with quote
My `go to`lip balm is Blistex`s Medicated Lip Balm. Awesome stuff and very effective if you have minor cold sores or cracks.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
I recently got a sample of Bee Yummy Lip & Eye Cream fromwww.live-live.com. I apply it to my lips at night before bed and it has really helped to heal my peeling/flaking lips.
icyj
5% products discount

Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
Blistex medicated lip balm works its the Green one or the DCT SPF20 from Blistex both work wonderfully!

Shea Butter also works and it smells great too!!
romajo
5% products discount

Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
I have had chronic dry chapped lips for years. I started using copper peptides and emu oil nightly in July and haven't had a problem since. It could be a coincidence. I haven't seen any other fantastic results with the copper but if it keeps the chapped lips away I'll continue to use it.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:23 am      Reply with quote
I prefer Aquaphor ointment on my lips at night. It's just about the only thing I've found that keeps them moisturized all night long. It also makes a great lip scrub if you add in some sugar.
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
I used to use aquaphor nightly. I decided to try Lansinoh nipple cream (for breastfeeding mothers) after reading glowing reviews. I love it. One tube will last you a very long time. I got mine from target.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
nickieygirl wrote:
Have you ever try shea butter? It works very well even in winter. You can use everywhere its dry.

I second the Shea Butter, you can find reasonably priced brands at the health food stores! It also works great anywhere on the body you are dry, I use a tiny bit rubbed between hands to smooth flyaways or frizzies.

DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
I know some don't like the petroleum but I use Khiehl's #! lip balm. I also had chronic dry lips (with bleeding episodes) for years and always have an arsenal of lip balms with me. So far, I like the Kiehl's best
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Decleor lip balm
Jacx

Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
I prefer Aquaphor ointment on my lips at night. It's just about the only thing I've found that keeps them moisturized all night long. It also makes a great lip scrub if you add in some sugar.

I love Aquahor. I have used it for years on my lips. It is great because it is not addictive like chapstick and others where you always have use it.
mex0050
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
hey, I heard Mtview's nipple cream recommendation elsewhere and I'm going to try it, people seem to say it really works a lot. It's supposed to be medical grade lanolin.

I'm guessing this product would be superior to aquaphor even.

I read one lady's treatment (the only one that ever worked for her) was half aquaphor and half hydrocortisone 1% in the am, and liquid bandaid or 'new skin' at night. I guess the new skin kind of acts the same way barrier lotions do: instead of hydrating from an outside source, it creates a barrier from outside drying sources and allows the body to get a break from the environment and hydrate itself with it's own methods. I'm going to try her method with the lanolin stuff mtview mentioned instead of aquaphor. I'll let you know how it works.
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
mex0050,

Let me know how you like the nipple cream Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Oh also if they are very dry/chapped I use jojoba oil on them first then apply my Decleor lip balm or any other I have. It really helps.
HTHS
kikiw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
Dr. Hauschka lip care stick is pretty good. You also can try use pure honey, leave it on your lips overnight, it works well.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:50 am      Reply with quote
I just bought the new Neutrogena overnight repair for the lips. It really works. $5 at Walgreens. I think it works better for my lips than Aquaphor, which I also love.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:56 am      Reply with quote
My lips used to be constantly dry and chapped, both summer and winter. Balms didn't work, no matter which one I tried. Blisteze Cream wasn't bad, but still didn't solve the problem.

What did really work brilliantly for me was Valmont Eye & Lip Repair. I apply it once each morning and once each night, and my lips are always soft and in great condition now. I think that a good moisturising cream works far better on lips than any balm-type product. I'd always go for a rich eye or lip cream nowadays.
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
I love rose bud. So cheap and you can always apply a lot on the lips. And this is moisturing enough for any dry lips in winter.
Besides, I suggest to buy some lip masks, which is very effective for dry lips too.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:09 am      Reply with quote
flyflyonly wrote:
Besides, I suggest to buy some lip masks, which is very effective for dry lips too.

I've never heard of a lip mask, can you please suggest some brands? Thanks!

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
franista

Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:27 am      Reply with quote
I started to try the Burt's Bees wax recently. It keeps the lips moist and I love the minty smell. Well the one that comes in a stick has the smell. I've used Blistex before, really great. Just wanted to switch up a little lol.
Lauren NYC
5% products discount

Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
I swear by cocoa butter! The stuff is amazing
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:35 am      Reply with quote
kikiw wrote:
Dr. Hauschka lip care stick is pretty good. You also can try use pure honey, leave it on your lips overnight, it works well.

I don't think that would be possible for me. I'd lick it right off! Laughing

rileygirl - I'll have to try the Neutrogena lip stuff you mentioned. Thanks!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:06 am      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
rileygirl - I'll have to try the Neutrogena lip stuff you mentioned. Thanks!

So sorry. I messed up. It is from Neosporin and called Overnight Renewal Therapy! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |