Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
What is the deal with copper peptides??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mex0050
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry but I can't find the answer though I know it's on here somewhere....just a bunch of posts alluding to problems people sometimes have when using CPs. So what are are these problems? I thought I remembered reading something about sagging when someone doesn't get their skin used to it or something.

I'm asking because I read that using this after a medium peel helps the skin a lot, and I'm trying to get everything ready so I can do a TCA over my xmas break. Can someone explain this? Thanks.
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
So long as you start with one of the less strong preparations such as the skin bio copper serum mixed with a little water, you should be fine. I think some people have not found it favourable for their skin, but many others have never found anything so effective for pigmentation, wrinkles, skin smoothing etc...
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
mex0050 wrote:
Sorry but I can't find the answer though I know it's on here somewhere....just a bunch of posts alluding to problems people sometimes have when using CPs. So what are are these problems? I thought I remembered reading something about sagging when someone doesn't get their skin used to it or something.

I'm asking because I read that using this after a medium peel helps the skin a lot, and I'm trying to get everything ready so I can do a TCA over my xmas break. Can someone explain this? Thanks.

I think some had problems after using the CP's for a while. I don't think there are any issues with using it after your peel, as if I remember right you only use it a few times after the peel and then go back to your regular products.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:35 am      Reply with quote
Negative side effects could be looser, saggier skin and enlarged pores.
(voice of experience Mad )

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
breezy42
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:06 am      Reply with quote
I have used copper peptides in the past on my face and on my neck and chest. Although I didn't notice much difference in my face (but I'm not the most perceptive person), I did notice a slight improvement in wrinkles on the chest area. I have heard of the problems associated with CP's, so I am a little concerned. Right now, I use CP's on my face about two times per week and alternate the other 5 times with Retin A.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
I used CP's for quite a while (Nanci on NCN highly recommends them) and they were fine for me - I did start with a lower strength and worked my way up. Some people had some real problems which took months and months to correct.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:04 am      Reply with quote
You could also start with the first generation of CP's which is what I'm using now. I've had no bad reaction to those at all.
tikiandbabu
5% products discount

Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:06 am      Reply with quote
I've used copper peptides in the past and it temporarily caused my skin to sag around my eye area. Go slow, it took about a year to get my skin back to normal!
breezy42
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know why CP's cause the skin to sag or wrinkle? I have now heard a number of people say this, and it's scaring me a little. I haven't had a problem yet, but are CP's really worth the risk and should I stop using them?
havana8

Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:42 am      Reply with quote
mex0050 wrote:

Hi Mex, Here are a few threads that discuss some of the issues some were experiencing:

CP's: Do I quit or progress?
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=27239

Which is better for ageing skin - copper peptides or Vit C ?
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=28666

Copper peptides aren't for everyone
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=26013
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
The sagging is supposed to be where the body loosens damage tissue from the dermis but its simply meant to be a step in the process, and the skin when it regrows tightens up. You can read about this in greater detail on Skin Biology's website, who explain it really well.

breezy42 wrote:
Does anyone know why CP's cause the skin to sag or wrinkle? I have now heard a number of people say this, and it's scaring me a little. I haven't had a problem yet, but are CP's really worth the risk and should I stop using them?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
I spent a great deal of time researching (ie: reading all those old posts) before I ventured onto CPs.

What I could find was that most of those unhappy w/ CPs either didn't give them long enuf(no results) or went too fast(uglies). CPs are strong and should be added to your routine slowly.

What Sean said about them bringing up the old, damaged tissue is what Dr Pickart of Skin Biology always says. A lot of times, ppl will see that and stop using the CPs, and it will take a long time for the damaged skin that suddenly appeared(it was coming to the surface) to go back to 'normal'. He always says 'out with the old, in with the new'.

I, myself, started very slowly. I did see some 'uglies' (the loose, sagging skin) a couple of occasions - esp when I moved up in strength. BUT, it would always go away. I usually took a step back in my treatment (every other day instead of daily, for example) and the problem would correct itself.

Don't fret about the negatives you've heard. CPs are one of the few products that have studies backing up their claims. They would be wonderful for after your peel. Just remember to go the slow route.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Sorry I have used CP's for a year and a half now. While no negative reactions- certainly no positive change either.
As for the studies: I went out of my way to see, in office, one of the researchers of Cps..
I wast told plainly- "just use ----"
And that's an OTC product
PM me if you want the derm's name or product he recomended/

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
At what point do you consider moving up in strength? I'm nearly finished with my first bottle of CP Serum -- no negatives or positives either way. I'm currently using it on my face, neck, and chest. Any thoughts or suggestions from those who have used CP's awhile? Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
At what point do you consider moving up in strength? I'm nearly finished with my first bottle of CP Serum -- no negatives or positives either way. I'm currently using it on my face, neck, and chest. Any thoughts or suggestions from those who have used CP's awhile? Thanks!

kims - I usually moved up after I'd finish one of the smaller bottles of CPs. It would usually take a couple of mos to do that. Occasionally I moved up quicker (impatient!) and saw those uglies pop up. That just told me to slow down.

When you say you're not seeing much - can you tell me what your routine is? What other products are you using and in what order do you apply them?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
Nanci at NCNproskincare.com is very knowledgable about Cp usage - she uses them herself is about 55 I think and has had terrific results. She's also very humble, easy to talk to - I'm not advertising just saying she would be a good resource for anyone who was even thinking about trying CP's. She will not force products, not pushy, very open and helpful.
I used CP's - had no problems and stopped - my skin was great - I was heavy into EDS and was so into trying new things and got away from them. I just got my new order again and I'm going back on CP = for a while Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Nanci at NCNproskincare.com is very knowledgable about Cp usage - she uses them herself is about 55 I think and has had terrific results. She's also very humble, easy to talk to - I'm not advertising just saying she would be a good resource for anyone who was even thinking about trying CP's. She will not force products, not pushy, very open and helpful.

Definitely agree. Nanci is extremely helpful with answering questions and going above and beyond trying to make sure things work for you. She is just wonderful to deal with and has great customer service!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Foxe,
I've been using the CP's with the Obagi Nuderm products the past several weeks and have just begun maintenance. I'm sure I'll need to tweak my maintenance regimen but I still want to incorporate CP's with retin a. I have to admit that my skin is very slow to respond to anything and changes are often so subtle that I barely notice them. At this point, I've been using the cp's at night only after application of retin a (with wait time in between) on my face and cp's only on neck and chest. In the a.m., I'm using exfol.

I like the science behind the copper peptides so I'd like to continue using them. I'm hoping for positive results!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I used CP's - had no problems and stopped - my skin was great - I was heavy into EDS and was so into trying new things and got away from them. I just got my new order again and I'm going back on CP = for a while Wink

i went off cp's also - started the non-acid approac....... and 6 months later my skin is looking really bad -
just started back w/ cp's last week....i'm hopeful because they worked really well for me.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
I think the non-acid approach doesn't suit everyone. But you need to be on it for quite some time before you find out. I suppose 6 months is a fair trial but I thought that some people say you might have to be on it for even up to a year or more before you get results. I guess you can't wait that long for something that might not happen.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:06 am      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:
I think the non-acid approach doesn't suit everyone. But you need to be on it for quite some time before you find out. I suppose 6 months is a fair trial but I thought that some people say you might have to be on it for even up to a year or more before you get results. I guess you can't wait that long for something that might not happen.

I agree. I don't think the non-acid approach works for everyone. While they say that it may take up to 1 year for results, I would think one should have some visible improvement in 6 months time. I am back to acids, as I had no visible results at all in 6 months and actually had worsening of the lip lines. I don't want to waste another 6 months hoping that things will finally improve, only to have nothing change again. I would feel that was 1 year of wasted time.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone seen this from the skinbiology website?

http://reverseskinaging.com/GHK_Fountain_of_Youth.html
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:47 am      Reply with quote
The non-acid approach didn't work for me either. 7 mos of use and it made my face a mess with constant breakouts. I stopped using Retin A, BHA and CPs during this time. My skin did seem to miss the CPs.

riley - I had seen Dr P mention that study, but hadn't looked at the info itself. I find the way he provides the information too technical for me. I would prefer a simplier explanation and a link to the study instead. Interesting stuff. Wonder when they'll come out w/ an oral supplement of GHK-Cu?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:16 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
The non-acid approach didn't work for me either. 7 mos of use and it made my face a mess with constant breakouts. I stopped using Retin A, BHA and CPs during this time. My skin did seem to miss the CPs.

riley - I had seen Dr P mention that study, but hadn't looked at the info itself. I find the way he provides the information too technical for me. I would prefer a simplier explanation and a link to the study instead. Interesting stuff. Wonder when they'll come out w/ an oral supplement of GHK-Cu?

I also find a lot of the info that he provides too technical! It takes me quite a few reads to even begin to understand it!
howdy59
5% products discount

Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all!

Just wanted to share with you all that I started taking Hyaluronic acid supplements and within 2 days my upper lid was drooping all the way down to my lower one. I'm 45 using retin-a micro for about 7 weeks now. I have gotten plenty of rest, I'm not sick and I haven't eaten alot of salty foods. I thought of everything that I could to try and figure out why this happened so suddenly. I looked exhausted and my eyes looked much smaller. I since eliminated the H.A. and my lids are coming back to normal-Thank Goodness! (I panicked)- Along with the H.A. I was taking something else that has collagen type II.
(Also not taking anymore) ... It took me about 4-5 days of lifting, moisturizing and lots of prayers for my sagging,drooping eyebrows to come back to life.(Thank Goodness !)
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |