Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Aloe Vera Juice for beautiful skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BellaKai
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
Have any of you tried this? I've heard that a tablespoon a day of aloe vera juice helps to aid in acquiring beautiful skin as well as anti-aging. It has cleansing properties and I do believe that beautiful skin starts from within. Just wondering if any of you have tried it and if you think it's worth it.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
Aloe Vera has so many good properties about it, its good for digestion, hydration and inflamation in the body - so I think it may have a great affect for many people, but some people who don't get on well with herbs often say they never see anything. So its something worth trying in my opinion and seeing if it works for you - but there's no guarantees for anything in this world, skincare, diet etc.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
I've never taken aloe internally but I do have a humongous aloe plant in my back yard. It's the Audrey 2 of aloe plants. I've used it before and it works wonderfully to soothe irritations like sun burn, bug bites and even scrapes. It might be good for you to invest in an aloe plant. It's nice because it's so functional.

There are various asian beverages made with aloe and I've heard they are very tasty.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
I thought Aloe Vera juice taken internally was a laxative?
kory82202
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
I use aloe vera juice to regulate myself. That's what they recommend it for in the health food store. I am not sure what else it is used for.
TheBaroness
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
Would a small amount like the OP discussed cause a laxative effect? I really don't need that!

Anyone know if it's got a pleasant taste?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:08 am      Reply with quote
TheBaroness wrote:
Would a small amount like the OP discussed cause a laxative effect? I really don't need that!

Anyone know if it's got a pleasant taste?

I think a small amount is all they recommend, and I believe that yes, it would have a laxative effect! Laughing I have never taken the stuff internally, but from my reading, it does not sound like it tastes all that great.
kory82202
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:24 am      Reply with quote
That's what I use it for, so I would have to say yes.

Marisa
BellaKai
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
I saw Robin McGraw promoting aloe vera juice for anti-aging. She takes a spoonful in her orange juice every morning. There's a website called Oleda.com and they sell it in juice and supplement form. The website's pretty interesting and has a bunch of articles on beauty related topics. Oleda is a woman in her 70's an still looks great.
TheBaroness
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:45 am      Reply with quote
I wonder if perhaps the supplement wouldn't cause a laxative side effect. I'm going to ask at the local nutrition shop.

I have to admit that more and more I'm thinking that good skin is partially due to genes and a religious use of sunscreen, but a huge part of it is related to what you put in your body.
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
I noticed that I experienced quite a bit less nausea when I drank aloe juice when taking my omega supplements.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased Aloe Vera for skin and toothbrushing - at Wal-Mart. Are there different preps for internal usage? Guess I'll check the bottle - that's a good start. For all the stuff I already take I can just imagine a swig of aloe vera after I brush my teeth. Hey, why not?

5% products discount

Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:44 am      Reply with quote
Wow I have been using aloe externally for years I guess I will try drinking it now.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Aloe is very good internally and had been used for centuries both internally and externally.

I even remember the bitter taste when I was given that as small kid.

It also helps calcium to absorb better if taken with powder calcium supplement. It frequently helps with irritation of gastrointestinal tract. It may act as a laxative in some people. I take 2 Tbsp and have no problems (the one I take is a gel with honey so the taste can be tolerated).

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:54 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I thought Aloe Vera juice taken internally was a laxative?

From everything I have read about it's use internally it has a strong laxative effect! I would suggest starting slowly and working up to full recommended dose to avoid tummy upset and ummm running to the potty. I have read it is good for the digestive tract but like a lot of things your body needs to adjust.

HTH
DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:09 am      Reply with quote
I once used Aloe Vera water for lotion mask, it worked well, made my face soft, smooth and eliminated acne. But I never tried to drink them.
frozenstrawberrypie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:02 am      Reply with quote
You can't drink it straight up as there'll be a laxative effect, it needs to be processed, I don't know how. But I do like processed aloe vera drinks myself, they're very common in Asia.
kala~kala
5% products discount

Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:20 am      Reply with quote
it's taste good Exclamation
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:44 am      Reply with quote
I think its often recommended to be taken with food - as if its taken on an empty stomach then I can understand it having a laxative effect - but I'm just reading my bottle now and it says take after breakfast one tablespoon. Its not something that I have known others to say though about the laxative effect, but I'll ask around and see (people are going to think I'm crazy now Laughing )

Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi guys,
Aloe vera is a plant, the extract of which is often used in different herbal medicines, as gel, juice, caps, and other forms. Internally, it can be ingested as a supplement, however the gel as covered in this article is generally used for skin care (including treatment). The plant is considered to be native to South Africa, as well as the Mediterranean region
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
I have a very sensitive stomach, and I also have acid reflux problem. I started taking Aloe vera about 1 yr. ago and since then I do not have anywhere near the problems with my digestive system. I always mix it with O.J. or any other juice of my choice. I purchase mine from Vitacost and it is organic whole leaf Aloevera. Very reasonably priced! Wonderful stuff!
keyguard123

Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
hi.
I think that it is right that tablespoon a day of aloevera juice helps to aid in acquiring beautiful skin as well as anti-aging. Yes it has cleansing properties. My friend is following the same procedure. She also used to rub it on her face also.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:09 am      Reply with quote
I don't think it helps skin much, i took it for a while, i did not see any difference
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |