Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Jan Marini TGF Transformation Serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:16 am      Reply with quote
CG - I'm a big fan of Bioclear line as well, in fact most the the JM line seems to be very effective on my skin. Their cleanser is another of my favourites. I have not tried the TGF serum but wanted to comment on the Bioglycolic lotion and make sure that you're not drying out your skin. As far as I know, the Bioglycolic lotion is not meant to be a moisturiser - it is a resurfacer in liquid form and it's my understanding that it should be used under a moisturier. It does have hyaluronic acid in it, but that needs to draw the moisture into the skin from a moisturiser that sits on top of it. The cream version of the Bioglycolic is a better moisturiser option than the lotion.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much Mabsy!
I have been using it in conjunction with a moisturizer now and love it!
I'm dying to try the Tranformation cream now- But I just don't want to get into putting too many products on my face.
CG
Mabsy

Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:47 am      Reply with quote
Glad you're finding it better that way Canadian Girl! I'm using it at the moment (or whatever remains of it) and it's working a treat to get rid of some bumps. For the last few months I've been prone to little bumps just under my ears (a little in front just on the edge of the jaw). Not sure what's up with that but the JM is helping. Yay! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:49 am      Reply with quote
CG and Mabsy,

I would highly recommend the transformation cream on top of the Bioclear. It works beautifully. My skin feels calm with this combo. I also use the cleanser before and altogether this has been a winning combination - which is why I am GUTTED that I've ran out of Bioclear. I hope EDS can resolve the issue with JM... Pray
Mabsy

Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:08 am      Reply with quote
Oh no, you're adding to my lemming for more JM products! And I just placed a rather ...ahem.... significant order for which I already feel guilty enough.... I really would like to try this though, silly me for forgetting to ask for samples of this. D'oh!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:19 am      Reply with quote
I think that EDS doesn't usually carry samples of JM except for the travel sizes that come as gift. Trust me, the cream is very good. I'm on my third jar and I very rarely re-order things being a product junkie. And I even remember to use it at night! I must say I'm really impressed with JM so far.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:05 am      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
CG and Mabsy,

I would highly recommend the transformation cream on top of the Bioclear. It works beautifully. My skin feels calm with this combo. I also use the cleanser before and altogether this has been a winning combination - which is why I am GUTTED that I've ran out of Bioclear. I hope EDS can resolve the issue with JM... Pray

Agent OO CAT-
Thanks so much for letting me know about the transformation cream with the bioclear- I am dying to get the transfromation cream now!
What kind of results did you see with the transfromation cream? I don't have any wrinkles (yet). But would like to have my skin look smoother and make pores less visible.
Thanks!
CG
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi CG,

I would say that the Transformation cream smooths things over. My skin would get a bit uneven/patchy and the transfrmation cream makes it calm. I sometimes just wear the cream at night and I wake up with smoother, more even tone. I am normally phobic about creams and breakouts and the transformation cream and Bioclear have been a winning combo for me. HTH.

Cat
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
Hi CG,

I would say that the Transformation cream smooths things over. My skin would get a bit uneven/patchy and the transfrmation cream makes it calm. I sometimes just wear the cream at night and I wake up with smoother, more even tone. I am normally phobic about creams and breakouts and the transformation cream and Bioclear have been a winning combo for me. HTH.

Cat

Thanks so much Agent OO-CAT! I think I will need to place my order for that transfromation cream- I could use a little more smoothing!
CG
carforum
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:13 am      Reply with quote
Love this product so much~~ Have tried many cream but none of them I will repurchase except this one and Dr.H Quince day cream!! Sink well and great texture~ For winter and if i got super dry skin, I will mix with emu oil! VERRRRRY GOOD~

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:13 am      Reply with quote
The serum works great! I use it over the bioclear lotion that JM offers and my skin has never looked better.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
An update on my purchase of the transformation cream.
I had started using the cream when I first purchased it a few months ago, and it really smoothed my skin. I was using it over the JM bioclear cream and it worked great.
Then for some reason, I forgot about it and went back to using the bioclear and hydracortisone cream on top (I know really bad, but it keeps my skin smooth and acne free). Well last week I was reading more on hydracortisone cream on EDS and decided that I really need to stop using this stuff on a daily basis.

I found my jar of the transformation cream, have used it 4 days in a row (day and night over bioclear) and my skin feels amazing! so soft and smooth, even when you look at it on an angle not a single bump!
I love this stuff, and love how fast you see results!

Are there any other JM products that anyone recommends? I am so in love with this line!
annie313
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:38 am      Reply with quote
After reading this thread several months ago, I decided to try the transformation cream. At first my face was slightly red, and had a few papules around my nose from my rosacea.I continued to use it for several more weeks. I decided if the outbreaks were more or worse I would stop. Well, I must say my redness is better, and no further breakouts. So this cream is a keeper. My face is smoother and my foundation goes on more smoothly. I may try more of Jan Marini products in the future.
msaries1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:18 am      Reply with quote
I also just ordered the Bioclear Lotion, and am debating on the Transformation Serum....but am also unsure whether to go w/the the Serum or the Cream. My skin seems "normal" after washing in the morning, but then gets oily during the day. Also, does the JM line have a good moisturizer or does anyone suggest something else? I don't break out too often anymore, but my skin gets congested easily. Thanks!
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
msaries1 wrote:
I also just ordered the Bioclear Lotion, and am debating on the Transformation Serum....but am also unsure whether to go w/the the Serum or the Cream. My skin seems "normal" after washing in the morning, but then gets oily during the day. Also, does the JM line have a good moisturizer or does anyone suggest something else? I don't break out too often anymore, but my skin gets congested easily. Thanks!

I have really oily skin as well, and I ordered the cream. Its not really heavy and sinks into your skin and give a perfect amount of moisture. I break out easily too and this cream has not had broken me out at all.
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:28 am      Reply with quote
I bought the lotion first and found it great for the day but I felt I needed something thicker at night. Even though I aswell have oily/combo skin I purchased the cream and find it great for my skin. I haven't broken out from using it either!
Shirley M
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Just wondering if anyone has noticed any changes in wrinkles/crows feet from using any of the JM line? I realize most of you don't really have problems with deep wrinkles yet, I think I'm a little older than you youngsters (43)! I'm trying to find a new line that will work with my comb/oily skin and prevent breakouts, but line reduction would be great also! Thanks,
Shirley M
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
Shirley M wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has noticed any changes in wrinkles/crows feet from using any of the JM line? I realize most of you don't really have problems with deep wrinkles yet, I think I'm a little older than you youngsters (43)! I'm trying to find a new line that will work with my comb/oily skin and prevent breakouts, but line reduction would be great also! Thanks,
Shirley M

Well I don't know if this helps, but I hadn't seen a friend of mine for month and I've been diligently using the Jan Marini Bioclear and the transformation cream for about 3 weeks now. She said that my skin looked very supple, soft and smooth- I didn't have wrinkles to begin with, but I think it has really smoothed out my skin.
Matherton
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:09 am      Reply with quote
I've been using both bioclear and transformation cream for two weeks now and today i noticed that some acne scars are lightening, plus the little lines round my eyes look more hydrated!
havana8

Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know what Recombinant Human TGF Beta-1 and Recombinant Human VEGF are? They seem to be included in the Transformation Cream but not the Transformation Serum.

Transformation Cream Ingredients: Deionized Water, Hexyl Laurate, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Hyaluronic Acid, Nayad S, Polysorbate-60, Glycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Soluble Elastin, Palmitic Acid, Sorbitan Stearate, Nylon-12, Myristoyl Pentapeptide-gd, Myristoyl Pentapeptide-gm, Cetyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Squalene, Dimethicone, C12-20 Acid Peg-8 Ester, Sodium Pca, Aloe Vera Gel, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Recombinant Human TGF Beta-1, Phenoxyethanol, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Recombinant Human VEGF, Thymosin B4, Fragranace, Peg-8, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid, Citric Acid, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Diazolidinyl Urea.

Transformation Serum Ingredients: Deionized Water, Butylene Glycol, Yeast Extract Nayad S, Transforming Growth Factor, Nylon-12, Hyaluronic Acid, Glycerin, Comfrey, Indian Plantain Extract And Wheat Hydrolzate, Cucumber Extract, Arnica Extract, Elder Tree Extract, Pellitory Extract, Wood Extract, Mallow Extract, Ivy Extract, Chamomile Extract, Sodium PCA, Propylene Glycol (and) Propylparaben, Carbomer 940, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Triethanolamine

hmm
msaries1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:55 am      Reply with quote
Heading over to buy the Transformation Cream.....my poor little credit card....
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:05 am      Reply with quote
I have the Transformation Serum and although I don't have the complete listing of ingredients it does say on my bottle "contains TGF BETA-1".

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Does anyone know what Recombinant Human TGF Beta-1 and Recombinant Human VEGF are? They seem to be included in the Transformation Cream but not the Transformation Serum.

Transformation Cream Ingredients: Deionized Water, Hexyl Laurate, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Hyaluronic Acid, Nayad S, Polysorbate-60, Glycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Soluble Elastin, Palmitic Acid, Sorbitan Stearate, Nylon-12, Myristoyl Pentapeptide-gd, Myristoyl Pentapeptide-gm, Cetyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Squalene, Dimethicone, C12-20 Acid Peg-8 Ester, Sodium Pca, Aloe Vera Gel, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Recombinant Human TGF Beta-1, Phenoxyethanol, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Recombinant Human VEGF, Thymosin B4, Fragranace, Peg-8, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid, Citric Acid, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Diazolidinyl Urea.

Transformation Serum Ingredients: Deionized Water, Butylene Glycol, Yeast Extract Nayad S, Transforming Growth Factor, Nylon-12, Hyaluronic Acid, Glycerin, Comfrey, Indian Plantain Extract And Wheat Hydrolzate, Cucumber Extract, Arnica Extract, Elder Tree Extract, Pellitory Extract, Wood Extract, Mallow Extract, Ivy Extract, Chamomile Extract, Sodium PCA, Propylene Glycol (and) Propylparaben, Carbomer 940, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Triethanolamine

hmm

I'm a scientist and work with this stuff all the time to find cures for various diseases.

The TGF B-1 is a naturally occuring protein in the human body. It is called the transforming growth factor- beta 1. This protein is used to regulate cell growth, differentiation, and helps in healing of tissues.

VEGF is vascular endothelial growth factor- is produced in humans by smooth muscle cells, it functions as a growht factor for endothelial cells.

Recombinant means that the DNA sequence was derived from the host source (in this case Human) and then cloned in to another vector (most likely bacterial). A vector is pretty much a shell that carries the DNA of the source and re-produces it.
Matherton
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
wow! thanks! that helps to know what i'm putting on my skin! I love the cream but had always wondered what the growth factors do exactly
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:56 am      Reply with quote
I know this is an old thread, I was wondering how the progress is coming along with the serum? What has it done for your skin and how has it improved your wrinkles if any?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |