Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What is the best brand for mineral make ups?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Drsunmei
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
I only noticed the term of mineral make ups for a while and it seems that there are many brands out there. I want to buy some to try but have no idea on how to choose. Can anyone tell which brand is good??
jojodancer
5% products discount

Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
I use Bare Minerals in Fairly Light (I'm fair skinned w/ orange undertones) and like the coverage. It works better for me if I use moisturizer & primer first because it is dry...obviously.
kory82202
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
I also use Bare Minerals in Medium. I really haven't used any other mineral products so I only can recommend bare minerals. The makeup is so natural looking. I also use the primer before I put on the foundation.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:23 am      Reply with quote
my new favorite is Elizabeth Arden Pure Finish.I love how the compact has a little dial to turn that gives just a small amount of powder.This is the best powder I have ever tried, way better than bare minerals....you can try it first before buying at the department stores....
Grace_K
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:08 am      Reply with quote
I like meowcosmetics - they have a wide colour range.
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
no brand is perfect for everyone's skin. please when asking for help tell us what type of skin you have.

people usually try bare minerals first and then move onto everyday minerals and then various smaller companies.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
I loooove mineral makeup and have purchased from approximately 20 different companies.

You can visit delphi forums and the mineral makeup sites there. I can't post the link as I am new but it is mineralmakeupmania. com and also madaboutminerals. com. These sites talk about mostly mineral makeup.

I suggest going with companies that offer samples at a reasonable cost. Most companies charge around $1.00 for a foundation sample. Sometimes shipping is free on samples; sometimes a charge.

The other suggestion is to have someone colour match for you. In Canada, Colourfx at SDM. Merle Norman also has a mineral foundation.
Blaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
I like Laura Mercier's the best.
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:17 am      Reply with quote
A true mineral makeup is simple and does not contain any unnecessary ingredients.

I use miessence from Australia. They will ship anywhere if you shop online, or you can check your local health food stores.
http://www.mionegroup.com/
saisai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Bare Minerals is nice for me. But I still prefer non-mineral makeup.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
zverenok wrote:
A true mineral makeup is simple and does not contain any unnecessary ingredients.

I use miessence from Australia. They will ship anywhere if you shop online, or you can check your local health food stores.
http://www.mionegroup.com/

I truly agree that mineral makeup should be minimal ingredients. I find the worst offenders are the department store ones and the drugstore ones. Merle Norman is an exception with its short ingredient list. (I have not tried it but it does have good ratings on makeupalley and I did look at the ingredient list.)

There should NOT be a long list of ingredients. I really like mineral foundation and like knowing what the ingredients really are. I won't ever go back to liquid.
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
I first used Sheer Cover, but I am not so happy with it. I think it is too bulky on the skin, powder is not refined, the brushes are really bad - loose a lot of hair constantly, which sticks to the face. Then after applying the make up in the morning, by mid day the face felt greasy.

I read recommendation on EDS for Ferro MMU and I got Ultimate Foundation and I like it very much, much better powder, covers well, feels nice n the skin.

http://www.ferrocosmetics.com/cart.php?m=product_list&c=3
LAT
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:20 am      Reply with quote
Powder MMU - Aromaleigh
Liquid MMU - Jane Iredale
e46Girl

Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:59 am      Reply with quote
BE is good to start out with. Those who love it, love it a lot. I'm lukewarm on it.

Lately I've been using Diorskin Nude Natural powder and I really love it.

Smashbox Halo is very nice as well. It's actually hydrating, and the delivery system is superior. Just twist the jar and dispense only what you need. Nice and clean!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
Aromaleigh,
I have tried a multitude of brands and love this the best! No Bismuth, they make different formulas for different skin types. This applies like a dream, lasts all day. Best brand I have ever tried!

IMHO

DM

ETA they sell samples in generous amount, their site is a dream, a wealth of information!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
I prefer Bare Escentuals mineral range. However, i use it with my normal liquid foundation as a finishing touch.

I have used it without liquid foundation and have found it to provide excellent coverage. I love the mineral veil as i love the shimmering effect.

Experiment and see whats best for you and your preferences.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
laylastam,
I tried BE, and don't dislike it. I just love the Aromaleigh best. I have tried a lot of brands and it is by far my favorite. It is a woman owened, operated business and I like that as well!

DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
hi darkmoon

how does it feel on the skin? is it dry? what do u use it with? eg primer etc?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
They make different formulas depending on skin type, I at 55 still have very normal skin, I do not find it drying at all I use the regular formula, I use a homemade replenishing oil (jojoba based with EO's added) on still damp skin allow it to fully absorb then apply with good brushes. I find it velvety going on, but after I am done I don't feel like I am wearing foundation at all, I live in sub tropics so when I can put it on and it lasts through downpours 99% humidity horrid heat,I know I found my HG for MMU, it lasts from early morning until I remove it. It never changes color and never streaks! One of the things I love is getting nice coverage that looks so natural and not feeling like I have makeup on!

HTH
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
I like Pur Minerals and Mirenesse, an Australian brand.
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
My favorite is UGloGirl. It doesn't show wrinkles (something some people complain about for other MMUs) and looks and feels great on.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
My favorite is UGloGirl. It doesn't show wrinkles (something some people complain about for other MMUs) and looks and feels great on.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
im not a big mineral fan - i only use it to complement my foundation and powder.

i might give it another go.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
I am the opposite I won't ever go back to regular foundation! The MMU is the micronized minerals that are in regular liquid and cream foundations this is what gives them color, they just don't have added oils (most use mineral oil), waxes and fillers. I find if you don't like applying with a brush you can mix a little with your normal moisturizer and use just like regular foundation, as sheer or heavy in the coverage as needed.

DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:15 am      Reply with quote
Darkmoon,

I have never thought to add it to my moisturiser. Hmmm....i just bought from Sephora, some tinted moisturiser. Perhaps this is using the same concept. However, the tinted moisturiser leaves my skin really dry. Might be the brand....

I do like mineral make-up - but just find that im too lazy to do it. i know, i know, its easy - i just have to try the mineral system again.

do u have any reviews on a good day and/or night cream? im in the market for one but cant seem to decide. looking through EDS forum for reviews....
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |