Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Vivier serums
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
I am thinking of trying a Vivier C serum. I have heard some good things about this line. Does anyone know if they are harsh on the skin? I get facial redness when my skin is irritated. If you have tried it, which one did you try, and what effects did you notice?

Which is beter, Obagi or Vivier C serums?
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:47 am      Reply with quote
I haven't tried Obagi but I really like the Vivier High Potency CE serum. It is not drying or irritating and doesn't smell like hot dogs (unlike Skinceuticals CE Ferrulic). I have read that ladies who have SD (seborrhoeic dermatitis) and sensitive skin like the Vivier serum too.
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:55 am      Reply with quote
Sounds great. do you know what % of vitamin C is in it?
Mabsy

Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:21 am      Reply with quote
I'm a big fan of Vivier C serums. They are stable, not as watery, and also don't sting like some of the others. I think you should be fine with it for sensitive skin, though there is no guarantee since it's an active. The PSF serum could be another choice (though I have not tried it recently but I assume the formulation is still the same).

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:58 am      Reply with quote
When I used vitamin C for the very, very first time, my skin did go through changes. You should read my review of Vivier vitamin C. My memory of what I went through was a lot better then of what my skin was going through.
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
I read your post Skincare, it was really helpful. There are several Vivier serums, including a normal 10% vitamin C one, one with peptides, one with C and E, and one with Kinetin. From what I read, it seems like the Kinetin one is best for sensitive skin. Which one should I start with? It is kind of confusing with all the different types.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
I would start with the lowest percentage if you have never used vitamin C before and slowly work your way up. It took me a good year to work up the level.
It started with once a week, to every third day for a few months then worked it up to every other day and on from there.
Shelley01
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
I agree w/Skincare, start w/the lowest % and work your way up. Vivier C was one of the first products I tried when I joined EDS and I have to say that if I was stuck on an island (w/plenty of food and water) the one thing I would wish for is Vivier 20% serum. The great thing about vit C is that it protects against sun damage and also helps reverse the signs of prior damage. It also helps with my elasticity. Before my skin was dry and showed all the little lines, now not so much. I don't go a single day w/out it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
I cant find information on what percentage of vitamin C the vivier serums contain. the C E, the C E Kinerol, and the C-Kinetin serums dont say what % of vitamin C it contains. The only info given, is for the Vivier 10 and 20 which is just ascorbic acid and no other added actives. Is that what you use?
Shelley01
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
I use Vivier 20%....but did not start there. I stared at 10. Then tired C&E. Then went to 20%. I think it is best best to try 10% then go from there to see what you need. Depends on your hydration level....go slow, it wil be better for you and you will be happier. Never jump too fast...and soon you will know your level. Best of luck and hugs!!! There are so many great ppl here that can help you, you are never alone!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
amonavis wrote:
I cant find information on what percentage of vitamin C the vivier serums contain. the C E, the C E Kinerol, and the C-Kinetin serums dont say what % of vitamin C it contains. The only info given, is for the Vivier 10 and 20 which is just ascorbic acid and no other added actives. Is that what you use?

I emailed to Vivier last year to enquire the percentage of vit C and E in the C E but they declined to reveal it and said it was proprietary information. I'm not sure how else to get the information. Perhaps EDS might be able to get the info from them as they are a distributor? It seems they won't deal directly with the consumer/end-user.

I agree that you should start with the 10%. That is usually fairly safe for people with sensitive skin and at least you do know the percentage of that one.
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:56 am      Reply with quote
I emailed EDS 2 days ago and am awaiting a response. I also tried emailing Vivier and the first email bounced back so I sent the second one to a different address. Because of the skin sensitivity associated with ascorbic acid use, you would think that they would be more willing to let the consumer know what the concentration of vitamin C is. I would try the Kinetin one if I know the % is low enough. its quite a bit more expensive than the regular 10% one. Basically if they dont tell me the % they won't make as much money off me, because ill just go with the cheaper one that I know is 10%. lol
Luciana
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:06 am      Reply with quote
I emailed Vivier asking for the % in the C+E serum. They replied this is proprietary information!! The derm office I used to get my Vivier serum from said that the Vivier rep told them the percentage is 15%.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
Luciana wrote:
I emailed Vivier asking for the % in the C+E serum. They replied this is proprietary information!! The derm office I used to get my Vivier serum from said that the Vivier rep told them the percentage is 15%.

I suspect the percentage is 15%. This would put them in line with Skinceuticals where they have 10%, 20% L-ascorbic acid and the C and E with Ferrulic is 15%. I don't see why it should be a big deal to them to reveal this bit of information though.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
I started with 5% and a month later I bought 10% and I should not have done that. Use 5% first and if you have to start with once a week application and slowly move up towards every fourth day, do that. It will benefit your skin and not put it into shock.
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Before making C serum by myself, I had a great interest in Viver's serums; thus I sent a mail to Vivier to inquire what the % of Vit C was in:
- C+E High Potency Serum
- Kine-C Dual Action Skin Firming Serum
- C E Kinerol Serum

2 weeks later I received the reply as follows:

......I recommend the C E Kinerol this is 10% Vitamin-C, Vitamin E and KINEROL our Peptide that turns on growth factors and promotes collagen.

Our Vitamin C Serums are the best in the world:

1) We are the only company that uses L-Ascorbic Acid (USP) United States Pharmacopeias the pharmaceutical grade which is 99.8% pure.

2) We are the only company that manufactures and tests our serums to pharmaceutical standards

3) We are the only company with a patented delivery system our IDS (IntraDermal System)......
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
I decided to go with the plain Vitamin C 10% serum. I want to know if my skin can tolerate it before I invest more money into this endeavour :P. If it can, then I will move on to one of the more deluxe serums. I received a reply from EDS that the amount is 10% in the other serums which is good to know!
ricebunny
5% products discount

Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:55 am      Reply with quote
Hmm, I've been shopping around for C serums as well, and Vivier seems to be a great one to get started with...looking forward to hear how the Viver goes for you, amonavis!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:46 am      Reply with quote
summer2004, I would have to agree with their reply, the quality (purity) us really good. Sometimes their reply to email is not all that great. I had someone PM me from Hawaii and she met an employee from the company and they seem so on-top of things.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:29 am      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
Before making C serum by myself, I had a great interest in Viver's serums; thus I sent a mail to Vivier to inquire what the % of Vit C was in:
- C+E High Potency Serum
- Kine-C Dual Action Skin Firming Serum
- C E Kinerol Serum

2 weeks later I received the reply as follows:

......I recommend the C E Kinerol this is 10% Vitamin-C, Vitamin E and KINEROL our Peptide that turns on growth factors and promotes collagen.

Our Vitamin C Serums are the best in the world:

1) We are the only company that uses L-Ascorbic Acid (USP) United States Pharmacopeias the pharmaceutical grade which is 99.8% pure.

2) We are the only company that manufactures and tests our serums to pharmaceutical standards

3) We are the only company with a patented delivery system our IDS (IntraDermal System)......

That's good to know that the response to customers' emails is not universally unhelpful such as the one I received. Perhaps it depends on who is on duty to answer emails on that day.
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:59 am      Reply with quote
In fact, I sent another mail to Vivier 1 week after my first one to request for reply.
Bermie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:05 am      Reply with quote
This sounds interesting. I really want to incorporate a Vit C into my skin regime but am a little scared!

My skin is pretty good, but it is sensitive and I don't want to 'shock' it too much.

There are so many Vit C serums, it is very confusing. Just when I think I have made up my mind I read another review!
Cheng
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
Bermie wrote:
This sounds interesting. I really want to incorporate a Vit C into my skin regime but am a little scared!

My skin is pretty good, but it is sensitive and I don't want to 'shock' it too much.

There are so many Vit C serums, it is very confusing. Just when I think I have made up my mind I read another review!

Agree! I have the same feelings too!
babybebe
5% products discount

Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
i am newbie in this forum.
i am going to buy vivier C+E high potency serum.
I would like to know which step shd i apply the vivier serum?

cleanse --> tone --> hyaluronic acid serum --> vivier serum --> mositurizer

are the above steps correct?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I've been told that vitamin C is applied first. And I should let you know that I found C+E made me break out.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |