Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Evidence-Based Anti-Aging Treatments
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:03 am      Reply with quote
Please use this thread to post information regarding evidence-based treatments for prevention or reversal of skin aging.

We have separate threads with details regarding lasers, Vitamin C, etc. but I would like to maintain this thread to collect the overall information categories - for those procedures or ingredients with wide acceptance in the scientific community or emerging evidence looks positive.

Examples:

(1) Retinoids and various forms of Vitamin A

(2) Vitamin C and Vitamin C derivatives

(3) Acute Inflammation (microneedling, lasers, chemical peels, etc.)

Acute inflammation created by a variety of methods, most commonly in conjunction with Vitamin C topicals- has a skin rejuvenation effect as long as the barrier is repaired at intervals and the inflammation is not allowed to set in over an extended period of time (one source indicates two weeks)

Please add other information, so that we can keep this all in one place. Thanks.

BF
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:04 am      Reply with quote
(4) Certain sunscreen formulations.

BF
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:20 am      Reply with quote
The only other thing I can think of at this time is glycolic acid, which has been shown to increase collagen production.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Controversial but... Copper Peptides have a lot of research and positive results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:50 am      Reply with quote
Do you mean ingredients that have a proven track record? The problem here is that people will start posting studies on various ingredients that have opposing opinions (for example DMAE receives both raves and warnings).

Anyway, I would say that both CoEnzyme Q10 and Matrixyl 3000 should be considered.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:08 am      Reply with quote
Just a reminder - if any of you come across any studies backing any of the topicals, technologies or gadgets, etc. - please post it here.

I am trying to gather in one place, the data regarding proven treatments.

Thanks! BF
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:16 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl I hope this is the type of information that you are looking for. These are two products (Ingredients to Die For) that I have been personally using for about 9 months. I have seen a difference especially with the Cell02 and the crows feet around my eyes.

Cell02 Phyto Peptide Active
http://ingredientstodiefor.com/files/Cell02%20Phyto%20Peptide.pdf

Syn-Coll
http://www.ingredientstodiefor.com/files/DATA_Syn-Coll.pdf

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Ally, can you expand on your use of Cell02 and Syn-Coll? How do you combine them in your DIY creams?
I just ordered PSF 02 rescue serum. Do you think it's similar to Cell02?
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
Ally, can you expand on your use of Cell02 and Syn-Coll? How do you combine them in your DIY creams?
I just ordered PSF 02 rescue serum. Do you think it's similar to Cell02?

I add 2 mls of each to my serums that is about it. I use ready made bases so my DIY is pretty simplistic.

I looked at PSF 02 and I don't think they are similar. It looks like the PSF is oxygenating (if that is word) your skin, the Cell02 is reducing wrinkles.

HTH

Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm new here, but have been reading up lately on anti-aging. Dr. Perricone's The Wrinkle Cure and SuperNatural Solutions to Adult Acne and Aging by Jennifer Hoyer are excellent resources for this forum thread. My profession is research, so when I turn to the back of the book for references I know what to look for. If you haven't done your homework, I'll be glad to post some of the more striking findings.

You are what you eat. Step 1: eat more salmon...great reason to go out for sushi tonight!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
oh gosh, the obsession is complete.

Now, whenever I see people who work in my office and they have wrinkles or uneven skin tone, I find myself wanting to tell them about rolling or slip them a little Retin A...I keep looking at their faces and wondering how much they could be turned back in time.

This is bad. BF
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Alley - Where do you get CellO2? And what DIY base are you adding it to? TIA Sis

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
Sis, I'm interested also. Alley told us she gets it atwww.ingredientstodiefor.com
I visited the website hoping to find a formula but didn't find any. We could probably add it to our favorite base.
I'm wondering if both ingredients are added together or if we should make 2 separate creams. I hope Alley gets back to us.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
I went to the Ingredientstodie for website to purchase the Syn Coll. It was around $10.00 but the postage to Australia was $75.00 Shock Ridiculous, this makes me so angry. Needless to say, I didn't buy it and can't find another website that sells it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Good grief Keliu! $75.00???
That's incredible! One of us could buy it and ship to you for a lot less.
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
Sis, I'm interested also. Alley told us she gets it atwww.ingredientstodiefor.com
I visited the website hoping to find a formula but didn't find any. We could probably add it to our favorite base.
I'm wondering if both ingredients are added together or if we should make 2 separate creams. I hope Alley gets back to us.

Yes girls I do buy my Syn Coll and Cell02 from Ingredients to Die For.
I add it to a ready made base from Essential Wholesale
http://www.essentialwholesale.com/product_p/453.htm
I also add Hyaluronic Acid and PhytoLift (Ingredients to Die For)
http://www.ingredientstodiefor.com/item.php?item_id=125&page=4&category_id=209

Here is a problem I may or may not be having. The ready made base is a ph 4.5 - 5.5 but the Syn Coll I think should be higher. I am no chemist and really don't know what to use to increase the ph but if I increase the ph then I am decreasing the effectiveness of the ready made serum Confused

The Cell02 I add to the DIY eye serum - this started out as Kassy's eye serum and I have tweaked it a couple of times - this is the latest version

This is the eye serum recipe:

VERSION B – Oct 30/09

1 cc wheat protein - skin tightener and emollient
1 cc Cell-OX2
1 cc Eyeliss - dark circles
1 cc cucumber extract - puffiness
1 cc green tea extract - antioxidant
10 drops Pepha tight - tightens the skin
1 tsp Sea Kelp Bioferment - emollient and emulsifer
1 tsp glycerin - emollient and emulsifer
1 cc Hyaluronic Acid
2 tsp Essential Wholesale Eye cream base

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Alley. It seems too involved for me and I only have some of the ingredients. I'll try adding cell 02 to my regular eye cream and see if I like it.
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:43 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I went to the Ingredientstodie for website to purchase the Syn Coll. It was around $10.00 but the postage to Australia was $75.00 :shock: Ridiculous, this makes me so angry. Needless to say, I didn't buy it and can't find another website that sells it.

ingredientstodiefor.com has syn-coll in several sizes. They're located in Austin, TX.

I've been happy with the ingredients and formulated products I've purchased from them.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:51 am      Reply with quote
chinachatters wrote:
Keliu wrote:
I went to the Ingredientstodie for website to purchase the Syn Coll. It was around $10.00 but the postage to Australia was $75.00 Shock Ridiculous, this makes me so angry. Needless to say, I didn't buy it and can't find another website that sells it.

ingredientstodiefor.com has syn-coll in several sizes. They're located in Austin, TX.

I've been happy with the ingredients and formulated products I've purchased from them.

But what about the exorbitant international postal charges? Surely, that's not good business.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
I buy my Syn-Coll at lotioncrafter.com. I usually buy 1/2 ounce ($12.75) at a time. A little goes a long way and usage is recommended at 1%-3%. Here's the link: http://www.lotioncrafter.com/syn-coll.html Their customer service is excellent, shipping is very reasonable and very fast. I usually have my products shipped First Class Mail. For the Syn-Coll, shipping is approximately $3.00. You can purchase any amount from 1/4 ounce ($6.75) up to 16 ounces.
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
At ingredientstodiefor
Syn-Coll is $6.50 for 1/2 oz.
Cell-Ox2 is $7.00 for 1/2 oz.
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, those are incredible prices! Is their shipping rate within the US reasonable? I may well be changing suppliers of peptides. Thank you! Smile
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:21 am      Reply with quote
I have a hard time with websites that sell actives. Some of them are not user friendly. I've spent HOURS looking for *eyeliss* but haven't been able to find it.

Can any of you tell me where to buy it? If you sent a link for it that would be very helpful.

Thank you so much and Happy New Year to all.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
I have a hard time with websites that sell actives. Some of them are not user friendly. I've spent HOURS looking for *eyeliss* but haven't been able to find it.

Can any of you tell me where to buy it? If you sent a link for it that would be very helpful.

I think they discontinued the eyeliss, Bellezza. From what I found on the herbarie, they replaced it with regu-age. Garden of Wisdom has some ready made products with eyeliss in it.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:13 am      Reply with quote
I found the same thing as Riley when I searched for it, if you google eyeliss there seem to be a few ready made products containing it, but I didn't find it still avalible as a stand alone ingredient any more?

DM

rileygirl wrote:
Bellezza wrote:

I think they discontinued the eyeliss, Bellezza. From what I found on the herbarie, they replaced it with regu-age. Garden of Wisdom has some ready made products with eyeliss in it.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |