Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Semi-conductor facial roller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Have anyone heard about them?

I found a reference onwww.skincaretalk.com to them (valence beauty roller) for helping with eye bags and many other issues. Did some search on the net and found another useful reference - http://japanese-health.com/archives/270 .

Looks quite interesting if it really works.

Any info would be greatly appreciated,

TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:43 am      Reply with quote
This would appear to work on the principal of iontophoresis (negative ions) - like many of the other ultrasonic devices that are around.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:41 am      Reply with quote
This is some more information on the device
http://vlns.ocnk.biz/product/21 Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:09 am      Reply with quote
There are a couple of video clips in youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDxDsuPaz5Q&feature=related

The above link shows you a couple of "Before & After" cases; I was very impressed by the first lady who had used the roller for 1 year.

starts at 1:47 sec

Do you believe it?

Some more (product demo):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7bfvJBbNw4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZHxotZU2Vk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY2zAQGhUgI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyqNidYlehg&feature=related
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
There are a couple of video clips in youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDxDsuPaz5Q&feature=related

The above link shows you a couple of "Before & After" cases; I was very impressed by the first lady who had used the roller for 1 year.

starts at 1:47 sec

Do you believe it?

I look like that woman's before pic!! - I'd love something to do that for my face. I really think the Japanese and Koreans have the best skin gadgets - whether it actually produces these miracle results, I don't know.

Any of you Japanese girls out there know anything about this? I'm sure that it just works on the same principle of the Nuskin Galvanic Spa or similar gadgets.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
omg is that for real? I've tried several korean products all claiming miracle results but they always dont work. Maybe japanese beauty magazines will have more info?

http://jp101870102.trustpass.alibaba.com/product/101313994-100616334/Platinum_Germa_Roller.html

This place is selling it

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
Here is some informative blurb that I found on this website:

http://www.eioba.com/a88981/negative_ions_innovations_in_anti_aging_slimming_and_health

Wrinkles, dark spots, and overall aging skin are problems that people are forced to deal with as they age. In order to deal with these problems, many people turn to surgery and other painful procedures as they desire that "quick" result. However, what many people do not realize is that surgery is not the only "quick" solution to looking younger again. This is only one a many, and really, is one that can be considered "old fashioned", dangerous, and often unaffordable.

Science and innovation in the world today has resulted in many anti-aging solutions that are quick and pain-free. One of these is the introduction of negative ion technology. So what are negative ions? When I mention the phrase "negative ions" people usually do not know what I am referring to. To begin with, there are two types of ions: negative and positive. Positive ions are those that are extremely bad for you skin and cause us all to age faster. These are the result of the use of electronics such as cell phones and computers, the environment that we live in today, and also UV rays from the sun. As a result of these positive ions, our skin begins to age and we get wrinkles and dark spots. On the other hand, negative ions are those ions that are good for our body and our skin. This is reason that babies have soft skin when they are born; they have not been exposed to excess positive ions and the surface of their skin is perfectly balanced with positive and negative ions. In order to combat anti-aging, it has been proved that positive and negative ions must be perfectly balanced on the skin. With this perfect balance, not only does the aging process slow but also wrinkles and dark spots begin to soften and even disappear.

Asian countries have been taking advantage of negative ion technology for years and the results have been tremendous. Not only has the use of negative ion technology resulted in younger looking skin but it has been proven that negative ion technology also helps the body detoxify, helps a person lose both fat and also cellulite, and overall prevents diseases. The most prolific users of the innovative negative ion technology have been the Japanese. The effectiveness of the use of negative ion technology has had tremendous results and is one of the reasons that Japan is leading the world in health, wellness, and beauty statistics. First, Japan has the lowest incidence of cancer in the world.[1] Secondly, Japan has the highest life expectancy in the world and is established as the country that people can expect to remain in good health the longest as established by the World Health Organization.[2] Thirdly, Japan has the lowest incidence of diseases such as heart disease, obesity, diabetes, etc. in the world as established by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.[3] Lastly, it has been shown that "about 24% of people aged 15 and over are considered overweight, compared with 65% in the United States."[4]

Although the Japanese have been using negative ion technology for a number of years, one of the newest, most popular, and most effective negative ion items to be used in Japan known as the valence Beauty Roller, has recently been introduced to the international market and online atwww.vlns-spa.com . There are two types; the Valence Face Beauty Roller and a Valence Body Beauty Roller. Both of these are able to take advantage of negative ion technology however, one benefits the face and one benefits the body. The Valence Face Beauty Roller results in younger looking skin, smaller pores, the elimination of wrinkles, the elimination of dark spots, overall tighter looking skin, increase in circulation, elimination of waste water in the face, etc. while the Valence Body Beauty Roller results in the increase of circulation, elimination of cellulite, elimination of fat, increase in metabolism, and a overall healthier body inside and out.

As such, people no longer have to turn to painful and expensive surgical procedures in order to look younger or to look thinner. The progression of science and innovation has resulted in options that are more effective, painless, and less expensive.

What worries me is the thought of fat loss on the face - that's the last thing I need.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
I thought the same thing about the fat loss. Actually I can't imagine it would be more than toning on any area of the body though.

I am always fascinated with the Japanese technology and they are so focused on health. I have worked very closely with Japanese exchange students and so appreciate their focus on skin and health issues. I am not surprised this has been a big hit there.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I thought the same thing about the fat loss. Actually I can't imagine it would be more than toning on any area of the body though.

I think they're focusing on the fat loss because Asians tend to have round fat faces and would prefer a more sculpted look - you know we all want what we don't have - I'd love a round fat face!!

I would think the device would produce the same results as any other galvanic machine.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
This is some more information on the device
http://vlns.ocnk.biz/product/21 Wink

WOW, USD 310 is a rip-off!

The list price in Japan is only 11,870 yen = USD 130. I was told that in Taiwan & Hong Kong, the promotion price had been down to USD 70.
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:36 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Toby wrote:

I think they're focusing on the fat loss because Asians tend to have round fat faces and would prefer a more sculpted look - you know we all want what we don't have - I'd love a round fat face!!

I would think the device would produce the same results as any other galvanic machine.

You are so right!!! You have no idea how many tools I've seen used for slimming the face and mouth even. lol. But the cellulite one looks good because it's shaped similiar to the carole maggio exercise.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Yesterday I went to our local Japanese store (Mitsuwa in Edgewater, NJ) in hope to see it and may be buy it - but they had nothing of the kind.

For over $300.00 it does seem like a ripoff, but I am not sure how else one can try it...

I am still on the fence.

5% products discount

Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Hello all,
I'm using a high ionic toothbrush for years..
http://www.hygionictoothbrush.com/hyG_22us3/expert_e.html
I took off the brush and put some ceramic beads
on the handle..
I'm looking for Fluorite gemstone beads but it's
hard to find them..
I'm from Holland..(so sorry for my English..)
and the toothbrush is 13 euro..
I give it a try Very Happy Very Happy
(fluorite is supposed to help with wrinkles..)

Dia.
havana8

Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:30 am      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
Yesterday I went to our local Japanese store (Mitsuwa in Edgewater, NJ) in hope to see it and may be buy it - but they had nothing of the kind.

For over $300.00 it does seem like a ripoff, but I am not sure how else one can try it...

I am still on the fence.

You could always trying buying straight from Japan as they are certainly more reasonably priced:
http://search.borderless.rakuten.com/borderless/search.action?l=en%26m=false%26uc=true%26vm=2%26f=1%26sm=0%26%26tl=204202
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Havana,

thank you so much for your find.

Meanwhile, I called that Valence place and talked to them - they have 60 days unconditional guarantee, and claim that I should get visible results within a 1st week. Since patience was never one of my virtues, I placed an order. If it does even half of what it promises it would be close to a miracle.

One of my main annoyances is eye bags and so far nothing seems to help. My latest attempt with Vaculifter left me today with quite a beaten up raccoon look (bags with broken caps). So any improvement would be great.

If it does as what most other tools do - it will go back.

I will let everyone know.

5% products discount

Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
My Japanese friend Tomoko gave me a germanium roller for my birthday and I am absolutely loving it!

Mine looks like the gold one on the site below but the germanium chips on my roller are a bit bigger than the one on the web.

I guess there are so many similar products out there huh? Tomoko told me as long as it has high % of Germanium and Platinum it should work well. Obviously bigger the chips = works better and quicker = more expensive it gets!

Tomoko also has 3 other Germanium rollers that are specifically designed for eye area, cheeks and forehead. I wont them too but she said it was over 150000yen! Her skin looks amazing and she never seems to age like me Sad
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
Mrs. Adams - that is wonderful news ( I was feeling like such a gullible and desperate idiot for buying this weird contraption).

Would it be possible for your friend to give us links to the ones she found working so well (just for lemming for now probably)?

TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
Mrs. Adams - that is wonderful news ( I was feeling like such a gullible and desperate idiot for buying this weird contraption).

A "gullible and desperate idiot"??? Sigma, you should have realised by now that we are all gullible and desperate idiots on this Forum!! Just have a look at my signature line! Bad Grin

Havana - that site is a good find - they have one there priced at AUD$89.00. I loved looking at all the other stuff on the website too - don't you just love Japanese beauty gizmos?

Mrs. Adams - are you saying that the expensive ones are definitely better? How do we know how big the germanium chip is? TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
sigma wrote:

A "gullible and desperate idiot"??? Sigma, you should have realised by now that we are all gullible and desperate idiots on this Forum!! Just have a look at my signature line! Bad Grin

Well guys and girls I felt very gullible and desperate when I order the superwoman Safetox and what a HOT item that ended up being. Out of being gullible I have had some disasters but I also have had some great finds. So go for it and you might be surprised at those that follow!Image

Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

Havana - that site is a good find - they have one there priced at AUD$89.00. I loved looking at all the other stuff on the website too - don't you just love Japanese beauty gizmos?

I found them on Saturday after much searching! Laughing BTW, there are three other fees that get added on for international purchases: 1) handling charge (Y980), 2) international shipping charge (Y4,500) and 3) 5% transaction charge.

Go Sigma! Smile
mrs.adams
5% products discount

Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Let me ask Tomoko where she gets her rollers and I will let you all know!

About the size of the chips, what I was told was that it depends on the AMOUNT of germanium in the chips, not the SIZE of the chips. I don't know too much about it but I guess more germanium = more expensive. That's all I know. I hope this helps. Cheers
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Ladies - thank you so much for the kind words.

Today, after my fiasco with the vaculifter, my "wonderful" eye bags are also of the bloody color from all the broken caps, so I do indeed feel like a total idiot...

Mrs.Adams - that information would be greatly appreciated.

Once my piece arrives I will let everyone know how and if it works for me (it may not work for me but work for others, who knows....).

Thanks again and all the best to you all,
Sigma.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
mrs.adams wrote:
Let me ask Tomoko where she gets her rollers and I will let you all know!

About the size of the chips, what I was told was that it depends on the AMOUNT of germanium in the chips, not the SIZE of the chips. I don't know too much about it but I guess more germanium = more expensive. That's all I know. I hope this helps. Cheers

It would be nice if this tiny little gadget is affordable and easy to come by.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Here's some more blurb - it's definitely promoted towards Japanese needs - one persons's nose got longer. That's the last thing I need, a bigger nose!

What is Platinum Germa Roller that Noriyuki Makihara Introduced in the Show “Hey Hey Hey”? October 7th, 2008

By Dr.Akiko Recently, I saw a BS teleshopping show that was introducing a facial equipment called “Platium Germa Roller” for 14,800 yen. This TV advertisement was showing the before-and-after pictures of monitors for 1 month, and explaining how beautiful your skin gets, how smaller your face gets, etc? by only moving this roller-like thing on the surface of your face for 3 or 5 minutes a day.

From a scientific perspective, I speculated: This must be using a semiconductor. If so, a semiconductor can free electrons. Free electrons bond together with the moisture on the surface of skin to become negative ions, absorbed immediately into the skin, the blood circulation becomes smoother as they reduce oxides in blood, and eventually, your skin temperature goes up. Moreover, it must also have power to convert the hard fat on your face or under your chin into liquid fat.

If you calculated calories of fat on your face, it would be only 50cal to 100cal of fat that makes you look chubby. So if you roll the roller and stimulate your skin physically for about 10 minutes everyday, certainly your skin temperature will go up and the fat start to melt and burn.

I bought this product for both my personal and scientific interests. I tried this with my family. Then, one of my family members started to show its results on her face only 15 minutes after she started using. It was obvious that her face had become vertically longer, the nasolabial fold and the wrinkles under eyes had faded, the cheek bones that was once hidden by her fluffy cheek became visible and came frontward as she kept using, and finally her nose looked taller than before. These results are just unbelievable. There was a member whose fat didn’t seem taken away at all as well, but all the members of my family were impressed by the results and said they wanted to buy their own rollers. In this instant of time, we reached a conclusion to buy 4 more.

Germanium Roller

Now, let’s talk scientifically. Conductor, insulator and semiconductor are the three kinds of substances classified by the flow of electricity. Conductors can conduct electricity well; Insulators do not conduct electricity at all; Semiconductors are in the middle. To conduct electricity can also be said as to release electrons in the opposite direction.

A semiconductor is normally a very stable substance. It does not let free electrons bolt out nor conduct electricity. But by adding a little bit of impurities, its structure changes and starts to release electrons to become a conductor. This is what a semiconductor is.

Silicon is one of the most famous semiconductors. While even a conductor has to be in certain physical, temperature or pressure, circumstances to release electrons, a semiconductor usually does not release electrons at all, except a few at high temperature. But when a little amount of phosphorus is added to silicon, which is a very stable structure that does not release free electrons, phosphorus disturbs the stability of the structure of silicon and produces extra electrons that turn into free electrons eventually. Now, the nature of silicon has been changed to conduct electricity and release electrons.

This principle must be applied to the semiconductor of the facial roller, with germanium and platinum. Germanium is a semiconductor like silicon. While silicon has electrical resistivity of the third power of 10, germanium’s electrical resistivity is only 10. If you add a small amount of different kind of metal to germanium for a small amount, the germanium starts to release electrons just like the above-mentioned silicon with phosphorus. You can make this substance called “germanium ingot” by adding another kind of metal. If you keep rolling this equipment over your face skin adding physical pressure, friction and energy, it raises the skin temperature, and a lot of electrons become able to leap out of the germanium ingot. These electrons turn into negative ions, which can give reducing power to the skin.

Semiconductors are now essential for the modern society to produce IC chips and so on. The facial equipment with a semiconductor seems very effective. I’ve heard that the famous singer, Noriyuki Makihara, has given a passionate speech about this roller, after comparing his face then and a few years ago and realizing how smaller his face had got. It was unfortunately not me but my daughter who saw the TV show. Anyway, it is lovely to hear that men can also get a smaller face with this roller.

http://japanese-health.com/archives/270

If you Google Germanium Roller allot of sites come up - it must be quite popular in Japan.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:00 pm      Reply with quote
What's the difference between platinum and gerumanium?

Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |