Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

New Device for Fine Lines
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
In The November issue of Allure magazine they talk about a new personal laser that will soon be available for purchase to help with fine lines. It has not been named yet but it is being manufactured by Johnson & Johnson and Palomar Medical Technologies. It is "the first home laser approved by the FDA for treatment of periorbital wrinkles - the fine lines on the outside of the eyes caused by squinting and sun damage" according to Frederic Brandt. The device is a mini version of a fractional laser. A launch date has not been set but it could be within the year. The product has been found to be safe for all skin types. Women who used it daily for three minutes around the eyes showed visible improvement in wrinkle depth and skin texture after two weeks.

If anyone has any additional information I'd appreciate it if you would share it. The lines under my eyes are a problem I'd love to solve so I'm kind of excited about this device.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
I read that, too Jom. It sounds interesting. I wonder what the cost will be?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

Hopefully the price won't be prohibitive, but then again it will the first of its kind.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

Hopefully the price won't be prohibitive, but then again it will the first of its kind.

This article said it would be in the "hundreds of dollars but may come down in time"

http://www.boston.com/business/healthcare/articles/2009/06/06/palomars_at_home_laser_to_fight_wrinkles_gets_ok/

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
jom wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

This article said it would be in the "hundreds of dollars but may come down in time"

http://www.boston.com/business/healthcare/articles/2009/06/06/palomars_at_home_laser_to_fight_wrinkles_gets_ok/

Thanks so much for the article Frodo. Is that low hundreds or high hundreds? Laughing
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the article, Frodo. (Jom, my guess is high hundreds! Very Happy)
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
Since they did say "in the hundreds" then my guess is that it will be right under $1000. It would be nice if it were under $500 so more people could afford it, but of course not all could even buy it at that price. I have spent a small fortune on gadgets I don't even use anymore so maybe I better learn how to sell on ebay so I can look into buying this when it is released.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:20 am      Reply with quote
Many members on the Forum who have had professional salon fractional laser treatments have been totally underwhelmed with the results - so I wonder how well a home device will perform.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Isnt there a laser device available in the market now? Beuer?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
In The November issue of Allure magazine they talk about a new personal laser that will soon be available for purchase to help with fine lines. It has not been named yet but it is being manufactured by Johnson & Johnson and Palomar Medical Technologies. It is "the first home laser approved by the FDA for treatment of periorbital wrinkles - the fine lines on the outside of the eyes caused by squinting and sun damage" according to Frederic Brandt. The device is a mini version of a fractional laser. A launch date has not been set but it could be within the year. The product has been found to be safe for all skin types. Women who used it daily for three minutes around the eyes showed visible improvement in wrinkle depth and skin texture after two weeks.

If anyone has any additional information I'd appreciate it if you would share it. The lines under my eyes are a problem I'd love to solve so I'm kind of excited about this device.

Looks like the partnership is off:

http://www.boston.com/business/ticker/2009/10/johnson_johnson_4.html

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
jom wrote:

Looks like the partnership is off:

http://www.boston.com/business/ticker/2009/10/johnson_johnson_4.html

PQ

Thanks for the update, PQ.
breezy42
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
I am dying to try this and can't wait until it comes out. I couldn't find any info on when it would be out, but apparently Johnson and Johnson terminated the agreement:
http://www.streetinsider.com/FDA/Palomar+Medical+%28PMTI%29+Slammed+After+J&J+Terminates+Agreement+On+Wrinkle+Treatment+Laser+Device+/5022420.html

However, the article said that Palomar will continue to develop it.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
breezy42 wrote:
I am dying to try this and can't wait until it comes out. I couldn't find any info on when it would be out, but apparently Johnson and Johnson terminated the agreement:
http://www.streetinsider.com/FDA/Palomar+Medical+%28PMTI%29+Slammed+After+J&J+Terminates+Agreement+On+Wrinkle+Treatment+Laser+Device+/5022420.html

However, the article said that Palomar will continue to develop it.

A sad setback but at least there's still hope. Thanks for posting the article breezy.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:19 am      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
Isnt there a laser device available in the market now? Beuer?

I have bumped up:

At-Home Beurer Soft Laser Review

For your information.

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:21 am      Reply with quote
The article also stated: The device is a mini version of a fractional laser, which causes less tissue damage and inflammation than single-beam lasers.

Are the lasers that are on the market now, single-beam?
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
LAT wrote:
The article also stated: The device is a mini version of a fractional laser, which causes less tissue damage and inflammation than single-beam lasers.

Are the lasers that are on the market now, single-beam?

All the home low level laser therapy - LLLT - are single beam.

A fractional laser is ablative which resurfaces the skin by removing layers - these lasers range from a Carbon Dioxide or CO2 laser and Erbium Yag lasers - the fractional element of the laser produces columns of light, producing untreated tissue between the treated areas so meaning the recovery time is shorter than a full ablative laser treatment.

To my knowledge these products will never be on the home market.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Looks like we'll have to wait a while for this device to hit market. Here's an update:

Hurry up and wait for the at-home line-fighting laser
Posted Monday, November 02, 2009
Back in June, we told you about an exciting new laser intended for eye-area use in your very own home. However, although it received FDA approval earlier this year, you'll have to wait even longer than expected before you can purchase one.

Palomar Medical Technologies was originally teamed with Johnson & Johnson to mass-market the unnamed device, but the personal-care powerhouse has terminated the relationship and, with it, the plans. The decision is reportedly based on the economy and consumers' reluctance to spend, which is what Palomar CEO Joseph P. Caruso sites as the reason they, too, won't be marketing it on their own immediately.

"The current economic climate does not warrant a large scale investment in a mass market launch at this time. Therefore, we have adjusted our launch plans to be more in line with current economic conditions," Caruso explained in a statement.

Regardless of the delay, he's optimistic about the impact the heavily veiled wrinkle-fighting gadget may make.

"We believe that light-based anti-aging applications will one day be an ordinary and necessary part of maintaining a healthy appearance done in the privacy and convenience of the home," Caruso said. "We were fortunate to have advanced this technology with the help of a partner who invested significant resources along the way in research, development, clinical testing, consumer testing, and patent protection that will make this a reality."

http://www.newbeauty.com/DailyBeauty/Entry.aspx?ID=2845
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |