Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone has heard of Bone facial exercise?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:02 am      Reply with quote
Cm5597,

I agree with you - while we can all have a different opinion or disagree with each other it should never be made in the offensive way.

Meanwhile, I am doing the "Tanaka" massage for 3 days, and so far do not see any improvements, but it is probably too early.

I also wanted to comment that it is very hard to judge how young she really looks considering how the lights in the video are positioned and the shadows of her hat. Never the less, the program is indeed very interesting.

Critic - it would indeed help us all to see how effective that program is if we could see before/after pictures, and know a little bit more about your skin condition.

There are people who are simply blessed with perfect or near perfect skin, and if you are one of the these lucky ones, it would be helpful to know that too as well as your age, skin condition, issues you had before and were resolved after the program.

I also see no contradictions between "Tanako" massage and facial exercises. On the European forum, where I found detailed instructions for the massage, most of the participants did some form of facial exercises and then added "Tanako" massage.

TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Ok, I hope my second comment does not derail this really fantastic thread that Critic has started...but felt that something should be said.

Anyways, back to this great topic. And THANK YOU once again, Critic, for bringing this all to our attention and being so generous with tons of helpful information Smile I can't wait to try the Tanaka massage method!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
I have no idea that Deb is Claudia's mom, as I no longer interested in FE program and did not pay attention at who is who in this forum. I thought Claudia is one of the person who is trying to sell and promote the program here. I am really sorry!

Claudia, if you are going to help your mom to run the business, here is something I want to say, you really have to improve the quality of the book (not offering your clients a photo-copy book), as for the DVD, try to find a professional house to do the job. I remember I paid quite a lot for the FE (and they don't allow refund/return?)

I only paid less than USD5 for Tanaka program (China edition), which is good quality color-printed book and a professional produced DVD, it even comes with a very nice packaging.

The quality of the Japanese edition is even better, the paper quality is very luxury.
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
Critic where did you buy the book? What form of payment do they take? I wanted to buy at amazon china but there's a problem with the payment. Sad Other websites only ship within china.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:12 am      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
Critic where did you buy the book? What form of payment do they take? I wanted to buy at amazon china but there's a problem with the payment. Sad Other websites only ship within china.

I am living in China, just bought them here easily. Are you in Singapore?
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:06 am      Reply with quote
In Tanaka's body massage book, she said she never exercise but she plays Kendo. She visits "bone fixing doctor" on regular basis (the same method that I have mentioned about Korean pelvis fixing) She said, bone fixing is very useful for overall regeneration her body and health.

In another chapter, she said she puts a thick layer of handcream before bedtime each night. The layer is as thick as gloves, and she guarantee you will see amazing result in the next morning.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:35 am      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
Cm5597,

I agree with you - while we can all have a different opinion or disagree with each other it should never be made in the offensive way.

Meanwhile, I am doing the "Tanaka" massage for 3 days, and so far do not see any improvements, but it is probably too early.

I also wanted to comment that it is very hard to judge how young she really looks considering how the lights in the video are positioned and the shadows of her hat. Never the less, the program is indeed very interesting.

Critic - it would indeed help us all to see how effective that program is if we could see before/after pictures, and know a little bit more about your skin condition.

There are people who are simply blessed with perfect or near perfect skin, and if you are one of the these lucky ones, it would be helpful to know that too as well as your age, skin condition, issues you had before and were resolved after the program.

I also see no contradictions between "Tanako" massage and facial exercises. On the European forum, where I found detailed instructions for the massage, most of the participants did some form of facial exercises and then added "Tanako" massage.

TIA

I wonder if you are doing the massage correctly? you should see some difference right after the massage, especially if you just start. My arms are usually very tired and sore after 5 mins massage.

Many of you are keep asking for before/after pictures, honestly, if you don’t trust it then just skip it. I am wondering why I am wasting my time to introduce it to people that I don’t even know! If you have a copy of the book, you will find before/after photos there, with explanation on each part of the face. There is also a reader submitted her before/after photo, I won’t say she has totally changed to another person (what do you expect for 5 mins?) but you can easily see she looks fresh in the after photo, dark eye circles have reduced and the face is overall tighten than the before photo.

I never heard of Tanaka (but some of you seems already know and heard of the massage), I bought it just because I found the book is printed in very good quality and the step by step instruction is easy to follow. And, I do believe the before/after photo, because both the model and the reader did not wear make-up, and can tell the after photo is not fake.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:44 am      Reply with quote
I think people are asking because you were critical of before and afters on other websites and we wanted to see a comparison to what you believed would be better so we could use that as a guide - thats all.

critic wrote:
Many of you are keep asking for before/after pictures, honestly, if you don’t trust it then just skip it. I am wondering why I am wasting my time to introduce it to people that I don’t even know! If you have a copy of the book, you will find before/after photos there, with explanation on each part of the face. There is also a reader submitted her before/after photo, I won’t say she has totally changed to another person (what do you expect for 5 mins?) but you can easily see she looks fresh in the after photo, dark eye circles have reduced and the face is overall tighten than the before photo.

I never heard of Tanaka (but some of you seems already know and heard of the massage), I bought it just because I found the book is printed in very good quality and the step by step instruction is easy to follow. And, I do believe the before/after photo, because both the model and the reader did not wear make-up, and can tell the after photo is not fake.

Re Claudia - she has never hidden the fact that she is Deb's daughter - and it says so in her autosignature on the FE forum. But glad thats cleared it up.

There is a new book in production, but I think the book looks pretty good for what it is as it is currently (its got a colour ocver, wiro spine) and not only that but the dvd and cd you get are also good additions in my mind. That said, you can't please everyone.

With professional houses doing the job - I think the problem behind that is that Deb would lose the rights to it, and gain percentages.

Anyhow - I'm glad you have found something that works well for you - and thank you for bringing it to our attention also. Lets hope that the American Amazon start stocking this soon!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:47 am      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
In Tanaka's body massage book, she said she never exercise but she plays Kendo. She visits "bone fixing doctor" on regular basis (the same method that I have mentioned about Korean pelvis fixing) She said, bone fixing is very useful for overall regeneration her body and health.

In another chapter, she said she puts a thick layer of handcream before bedtime each night. The layer is as thick as gloves, and she guarantee you will see amazing result in the next morning.

Thanks for the tips for the hand. I will try it with my jurlique hand cream tonight and see what will happen!

Btw, it seems like pelvis/bone fixing practitioners are really popular in japan, korea and even taiwan. I just wonder if they offer this kinda treatment here in hk or china...
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:48 am      Reply with quote
critic wrote:

I am wondering why I am wasting my time to introduce it to people that I don’t even know!

Critic I believe you're doing this because that is what other people here have done for you. We are all sharing knowledge here.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:53 am      Reply with quote
SeanySeanUK wrote:
I think people are asking because you were critical of before and afters on other websites and we wanted to see a comparison to what you believed would be better so we could use that as a guide - thats all.

What do you mean by lose the rights to it and gain %? I think it is an investment if Deb wants to recruit more trainers and sell more books & DVDs, afterall, it is a business.

And yes, you are right that I am very critical about before/after photos because so many people out there are cheating. I bought the Tanaka program is based on I trust the before/after photos in the book.

I found someone is selling the book in amazon for USD99 - Japanese edition.
moonstone
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:04 am      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
sigma wrote:
Cm5597,

I wonder if you are doing the massage correctly? you should see some difference right after the massage, especially if you just start. My arms are usually very tired and sore after 5 mins massage.

It is indeed emphasized in Tanaka's program again and again that you need to apply certain pressure with your hands until you can feel some pains on your face at a comfortable level. And you also need to put a thick layer of massage cream before doing the program to protect your skin from getting irritated and red. Otherwise, you probably won't see much difference at all!

For those who want to check out the before/after photos, here is a link with a couple of comparison photos.

http://gouwu.wangchao.net.cn/detail_626417.html
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:41 am      Reply with quote
I think that it becomes slightly less controlled than it is and open to abuse, and besides, it also becomes very difficult to police the special forums for it. It also depends on the company used, as not everywhere will advertise it appropriately etc and I think Deb wants to ensure that its not marketed incorrectly. Its no fast fix (but then there are very few fast fixes out there).

Its a business, but a small one that Deb doesn't want to become a major corporation and lose its personal touch and elements that it has.

I don't see how if you recognise that you yourself are critical, you can't understand why others would be critical of those pictures you posted?

Is the book listed on the US amazon? I searched the other day and couldn't find it. What did you look under (I tried both author and title and nothing came up)?

critic wrote:
What do you mean by lose the rights to it and gain %? I think it is an investment if Deb wants to recruit more trainers and sell more books & DVDs, afterall, it is a business.

And yes, you are right that I am very critical about before/after photos because so many people out there are cheating. I bought the Tanaka program is based on I trust the before/after photos in the book.

I found someone is selling the book in amazon for USD99 - Japanese edition.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:42 am      Reply with quote
Sorry just reread my message - Deb would probably lose a large percentage, and the company would gain. Brain is going too fast and fingers not able to keep up! Laughing

SeanySeanUK wrote:
With professional houses doing the job - I think the problem behind that is that Deb would lose the rights to it, and gain percentages.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:45 am      Reply with quote
Critic does she just leave the cream on or do any massage to the hands direct - she does have beautiful ageless hands - there has to be something in it for sure. I will try that out tonight, but curious if she does anything else to the hands particularly or arms?

Theresa
critic wrote:

TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:51 am      Reply with quote
Me too in fact on many programs they advocate massage done with the exercises.

I'm curious though Sigma - where is the forum you mention. I'd love to get more detailed instructions for it!
sigma wrote:

TIA
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:55 am      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
faeriedust wrote:

I am living in China, just bought them here easily. Are you in Singapore?

Yea I am. Would it be too much trouble to ask you to help me buy them? I dont know if amazon sells them for the cheapest or where you got them is cheapest?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:59 am      Reply with quote
First of all, I do the massage correctly - mainly thanks to the instructions on the European Forum, since they very specifically say when to apply strong pressure and when not to. Also, I know how to do a normal European facial massage,so it is easy enough for me.

I do oil my face, since I do not have a massage cream, and when have enough time will try to do "oatmeal milk", that was recommended on the Euro Forum.

My face does look fresher immediately after (with some very red spots where the pressure was applied, since I have very sensitive skin), but it dissipates within 30 minutes.

So far I do not see any lingering effect, but do not expect any after 3 days.

I would like to know what people managed to achieve by doing it during the prolonged period of time. The pictures of teenagers really do not instill any confidence. That is why I was repeatedly asking Critic for that information - not to critique, but to learn.

TeresaMarie - which languages do you speak? The instructions are written statements in Russian. I will try to translate them via Google toolbar, and see if they are useful. I translated the 1 st exercise, and if people are interested can do others (I got your PM, sorry for not answering it sooner - just too busy at work).

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Oh Sigma that would be brilliant. I don't speak Russian, but would love to find instructions - particularly re the pressure - that sounds perfect!

sigma wrote:
First of all, I do the massage correctly - mainly thanks to the instructions on the European Forum, since they very specifically say when to apply strong pressure and when not to. Also, I know how to do a normal European facial massage,so it is easy enough for me.

I do oil my face, since I do not have a massage cream, and when have enough time will try to do "oatmeal milk", that was recommended on the Euro Forum.

My face does look fresher immediately after (with some very red spots where the pressure was applied, since I have very sensitive skin), but it dissipates within 30 minutes.

So far I do not see any lingering effect, but do not expect any after 3 days.

I would like to know what people managed to achieve by doing it during the prolonged period of time. The pictures of teenagers really do not instill any confidence. That is why I was repeatedly asking Critic for that information - not to critique, but to learn.

TeresaMarie - which languages do you speak? The instructions are written statements in Russian. I will try to translate them via Google toolbar, and see if they are useful. I translated the 1 st exercise, and if people are interested can do others (I got your PM, sorry for not answering it sooner - just too busy at work).

HTH
stevie_
5% products discount

Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:49 am      Reply with quote
maybe someone posted it already, but here
is english instructions/comments on the
facial exercises:

http://facemassage.sblo.jp/
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Do you own them? I'm wondering how good as the English on the website isn't that great (although I suppose its better than nothing).
stevie_ wrote:
facial exercises:

stevie_
5% products discount

Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:13 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Do you own them? I'm wondering how good as the English on the website isn't that great (although I suppose its better than nothing).
stevie_ wrote:
facial exercises:

to be honest i havn't looked at it yet because
i had to go to class, but watched a little of
the video and it looked interesting
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Stevie,

since my preference would have been for instructions in English I searched the net and found this place, it then guides you to a place where you can purchase a .pdf file. I did not follow it further.

I just tried the Russian article with automatic English translation and it looks quite comprehensible.

The link for that is http://faceculture.ru/asahi.php,

once there you have to ask Google toolbar for translation.

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Sigma thats perfect for me. Although you can download them in English, the lady's English isn't perfect, as she admits on the site. So I'm wondering whether there will be some mistranslations in her attempts to get them down - however Sigma's link looks fantastic. Also I'm not so confident about ordering from a Japanese site, with currencies etc. I don't know how safe that is?
sigma wrote:
Stevie,

since my preference would have been for instructions in English I searched the net and found this place, it then guides you to a place where you can purchase a .pdf file. I did not follow it further.

I just tried the Russian article with automatic English translation and it looks quite comprehensible.

The link for that is http://faceculture.ru/asahi.php,

once there you have to ask Google toolbar for translation.

HTH
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
I don't want to enter in details about Fe and different facial exercise programs and the before / after pics. Every one has his opinion ( even here was a bit too much and the attack was too personal for my taste) . However , no one mentioned that the "Black Hat" lady is Asian .... The quality/texture of the Asian/Indian skin is totally different from the white one and that is why for me FE , Ageless and so on are more relevant ...

Just my 2 cents ...
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |