Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Anyone has heard of Bone facial exercise?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Critic,

Thx for your pic. I agree that the shape of your face has changed quite a bit.

I am tempted to do Tanaka's massage!

Thx!

P.S. Critic, you look lovely!!!
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
I have seen critic's pictures too and I too agree that her transformation is remarkable. The tanaka massage really works! Critic looks younger than her age and her skin is flawless.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:21 am      Reply with quote
Sharing your pictures with me was a very generous gesture-- thank you critic.

I have to say, the transformation apparent in critic's photos is amazing! In the first photo of her, taken in Jan 09, she does not look horrible, but it is a photo taken in a casual setting. In the photo, I would say that she does not look 41, according to Western standards, perhaps mid-30's. By Asian standards, I would peg her at late thirties. However, she does look as if she is sort of *on the verge*. (From my own observation, it does seem as though Asian women can *keep* their faces for quite a long time, then age very suddenly & rapidly.)

In the progression of photos, no joke, she appears to be doing a "Dorian Gray" or something-- aging in reverse! Her facial structure appears more "lifted"-- perkier, and her skin tone is just gorgeous, perhaps due to better circulation. In the last photo, she looks just like a teenager, certainly by Western standards, early twenties Asian. I'm not kidding.

*Sigh*-- The bone massage is yet *something else* I'm adding to my regime! Will update, since I just began yesterday.
jeanleemarquis
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:40 am      Reply with quote
By the way critic, are you still doing Ageless?
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:52 am      Reply with quote
jeanleemarquis wrote:

*Sigh*-- The bone massage is yet *something else* I'm adding to my regime! Will update, since I just began yesterday.

I look forward to seeing Critic's photos.... I agree it is very generous of her to do so.

Just to say, after a couple of weeks I learnt the massage by heart and it now only takes a few minutes to do. (Is twice a day ok??)
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:09 am      Reply with quote
jeanleemarquis wrote:
By the way critic, are you still doing Ageless?

Jean, Teenager is the best gift for my coming birthday!

Once after 40, I found my look change every day, look very good in one day but very old on the day that I don't have a good night sleep. My other recommendation is - sleep.

I started Ageless from December 2008, and stopped in March 2009. I actually look better in Pre-Ageless. My guess is, muscle exercise is not for everyone.

I did not do any massage before Tanaka (never visited beauty salon or spa), never in my life. Thanks to my mom, my skin is overall in pretty good shape.

When I first noticed my skin started sagging in 2008, so I invested a BQ, and I did see some good result in the first month. But have stopped using BQ after massage.

I do the Tanaka twice a day.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Thank you again to Critic for so generously sharing the information and trusting with her pictures.

I agree 100% with Jeanleemarquis - Critic looks remarkably young even in "before" pictures, but simply amazing in the "after", so the transformation is clearly there and very noticeable.

Very, very impressive.

Thanks again.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for the pictures, critic. I say there is a huge improvement in the change of the shape of your face. You are a great inspiration to start these exercises! Wish I could find some info in english so I could understand it all better. You are very young looking before and after! Very Happy
moonstone
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Critic, thanks so much for trusting us and sharing the photos with us!

You definitely have good genes with nice skin to start with. And I have to agree with everyone that your transformation is simply AMAZING! All the puffiness and sagging are gone, while your face looks fresher and firmer with a flawless complexion and a healthy glow. The eyes also looks brighter and prettier. I have to say that you look at least 10-15 years younger in your recent photo! Actually you look like a college student in the last photo without any makeup! Wink I'm so happy for you to find an easy and effective way for age-reversing!!!

This is such a wonderful demonstration to show how Tanaka's facial massage alone can have a huge impact on the face. For those who experienced setbacks and awkward stages with facial exercises should definitely give it a try. I ONLY wish I found this sooner!

Thanks again for sharing this fabulous massage technique and you are a true inspiration!
Thoughtful
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi Critic Could you use your normal cleanser to do the massage then wash it off.I think I could then incorporate the massage twice aday whilst cleansing.Not only are my sinuses feeling better but my eyes are less puffy and its only been about a week of doing the excersises.I am trying to remember them without watching the video but I keep forgetting a couple!!So I'll keep following the video until ive got it memorized.Thanks critic.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:25 am      Reply with quote
I have been doing the massage for at least two weeks and the results are nicely showing. I am actually amazed that it would be this effective because it seems so minimal in effort, time, and handling of the face compared to all the facial exercises I do and have done. Maybe less it more? or is that hitting the right points is extremely effective? It also might mean that lots of issues with our face could be attributed to insufficient lymph drainage instead of just total loss of elasticity.Whatever the reason, it is working so nicely I am thrilled. I also think the manipulation of the face is relaxing and would produce some positive energy to the system. I don't have the background to understand all of this but I can reap the benefits just the same Laughing As far as a big thank you to critic for being so diligent to share all this information plus her pictures that definitely show the great results a BIG Thank you. Critic you have gone all out to instruct us along with the help of several others and we all appreciate this and our faces give you a thank you also!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
I am watching YouTube all afternoon and making notes Wink and tonight I will start.
I will take my first photo tomorrow morning, so see you in couple of months Shock

thanks critic

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
Critic looks totally amazing. And absolutely could pass for an early twenty something!
I think she has been incredibly generous with her knowledge, and has introduced a bunch of information that no-one else has really thought about. Thanks again Critic!

I've been thinking about this whole exercise/massage business and am personally starting to think that the key for me might be in massage, and not so much in exercise. What brought it home to me was when a link to this woman was posted:www.yogafacialtoning.com

And when Critic posted a link to this Taiwanese lady: http://www.beauty899.com.tw/main/index.htm

I believe that the first woman basically does a form of facial exercise. And I have no idea what the second lady does, but I think it is more along the massage, acupressure points that the Tanaka massage is based on. Both are probably around the same age.
Although it is undoubtedly true that facial exercise works, it seems that the down-side (to me at least) is that the face starts to look a little 'hard' - just as a body starts to look hard and firm from regular gym and weight work-outs. Whilst the massage route seems to keep a certain amount a softness.
Maybe it is all just a matter of personal preference... but I know who I would like to look more like! Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
Critic, what topical do you use before the massage? I am trying to figure out if I should be using a cream or an oil before I do the massage?
younggma
5% products discount

Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
Rileygirl, there is an English version of the massage on Lulu's site - I believe it's called Tanuka massage.
younggma
5% products discount

Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
I was wrong - it's called Zogan Lymph Massage - it's the same as Tanuka Massage - Hope that helps.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
younggma wrote:
I was wrong - it's called Zogan Lymph Massage - it's the same as Tanuka Massage - Hope that helps.

Oh, thank you! I will check that out!
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
Thoughtful wrote:
Hi Critic Could you use your normal cleanser to do the massage then wash it off.I think I could then incorporate the massage twice aday whilst cleansing.Not only are my sinuses feeling better but my eyes are less puffy and its only been about a week of doing the excersises.I am trying to remember them without watching the video but I keep forgetting a couple!!So I'll keep following the video until ive got it memorized.Thanks critic.

I followed the book for one week and then can memorize all steps. I just use normal cleanser (using Obagi for now) and cleans it.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I have been doing the massage for at least two weeks and the results are nicely showing. I am actually amazed that it would be this effective because it seems so minimal in effort, time, and handling of the face compared to all the facial exercises I do and have done. Maybe less it more? or is that hitting the right points is extremely effective? It also might mean that lots of issues with our face could be attributed to insufficient lymph drainage instead of just total loss of elasticity.Whatever the reason, it is working so nicely I am thrilled. I also think the manipulation of the face is relaxing and would produce some positive energy to the system. I don't have the background to understand all of this but I can reap the benefits just the same Laughing As far as a big thank you to critic for being so diligent to share all this information plus her pictures that definitely show the great results a BIG Thank you. Critic you have gone all out to instruct us along with the help of several others and we all appreciate this and our faces give you a thank you also!

hi Toby, I feel the same, I am considering are we doing too much to avoid aging, actually, combine with all those TCM books I read, if you are healthy, eat well, sleep well, do some exercise - we shuold look very OK if we age.
jeanleemarquis
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
neondaze wrote:

Although it is undoubtedly true that facial exercise works, it seems that the down-side (to me at least) is that the face starts to look a little 'hard' - just as a body starts to look hard and firm from regular gym and weight work-outs. Whilst the massage route seems to keep a certain amount a softness.

You know, it's funny that you say that neondaze, because I also noticed a certain "hardness" and "muscularity" in my face soon after beginning facial exercises, even though I started with CM's Facercise, which is supposed to be less challenging to the muscles since it does not rely on resistance training. However, interestingly enough, the muscular look went away, I would say after a few weeks, and I feel that I looked much less tired (not an easy feat when you have little ones in the house!) compared to how I looked prior.

I also had Radiesse put into my NL lines around the same time as beginning Facercise. Interestingly enough, Facercise did not disturb the filler.

When I switched to Ageless & FE, about 4 months later, I did not experience any sort of "muscular" look, but the filler disappeared almost overnight & the "ugly period" began immediately, which was so disheartening! I just looked so tired all the time!

I have been doing FE & Ageless for almost 4 months now, and I've come to the point where I *am* convinced in the effectiveness of facial exercise programs-- I've had mostly great results. My features look more defined & prominent, as though I've had (subtle) cheek implants & an eye lift!

However, I still have a deep NL line on my left side, though the one on my right is mostly resolved. Sometimes I have wondered whether it would have been better to stick with Facercise & filler (although fillers are expensive!!)

After just 2 days of doing the bone massage, I feel that my left NL line is already softening! I do plan on continuing with FE & Ageless, as the results I've gotten are quite impressive. I feel that these programs are giving me a facial structure that I did not have before.

For me, the main detraction from these facial exercise programs is the "ugly period". I mean, it doesn't seem fair, you're working so hard at keeping with a program-- and you look worse-- for a while-- and yet still cling to the belief that things will work out in the end. That's hard to do. This is my main bone to pick (haha, no pun intended) with these exercise programs.

In the end, I wonder if bone massage has an effect akin to "restoring" your youthful self-- as opposed to "altering" one's facial structure, which seems to be more along the lines of what FE & Ageless can do. (This "restoring" effect might also apply what Facercise does. If you go to aprile's blog, you can see from her pics that she also looks incredible!)

In any case, I think that a little "restoration" will do very nicely coupled with continuing "alterations"! Thanks again critic!
Oubeautiskin

Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Critic,

Thank you so much for sharing your photos.Smile

Like what Jeanleemarquis said, you really look amazing in your last photo! In fact, you started looking very young in the 3rd photon onwards (which were taken in Jun09). You have very soft-looking glossy hair too.

I'm looking forward to hearing more positive reports from fellow EDS members who have started this program.

jeanleemarquis wrote:
Sharing your pictures with me was a very generous gesture-- thank you critic.

I have to say, the transformation apparent in critic's photos is amazing! In the first photo of her, taken in Jan 09, she does not look horrible, but it is a photo taken in a casual setting. In the photo, I would say that she does not look 41, according to Western standards, perhaps mid-30's. By Asian standards, I would peg her at late thirties. However, she does look as if she is sort of *on the verge*. (From my own observation, it does seem as though Asian women can *keep* their faces for quite a long time, then age very suddenly & rapidly.)

In the progression of photos, no joke, she appears to be doing a "Dorian Gray" or something-- aging in reverse! Her facial structure appears more "lifted"-- perkier, and her skin tone is just gorgeous, perhaps due to better circulation. In the last photo, she looks just like a teenager, certainly by Western standards, early twenties Asian. I'm not kidding.

moonstone
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
neondaze wrote:

I've been thinking about this whole exercise/massage business and am personally starting to think that the key for me might be in massage, and not so much in exercise. What brought it home to me was when a link to this woman was posted:www.yogafacialtoning.com

And when Critic posted a link to this Taiwanese lady: http://www.beauty899.com.tw/main/index.htm

I believe that the first woman basically does a form of facial exercise. And I have no idea what the second lady does, but I think it is more along the massage, acupressure points that the Tanaka massage is based on. Both are probably around the same age.
Maybe it is all just a matter of personal preference... but I know who I would like to look more like! Smile

Hi neondaze,

I do agree with you on the comparison between the yoga and taiwanese ladies. In my opinion, Tanaka and Deb from FE are another two great examples to compare. They are both in their 60's and I think they both look very healthy for their ages. While Tanaka has a face with round and feminine form, Deb seems to have a rather angular and masculine look. (I notice that Deb used to have a more feminine face in her 30's). The both of them probably demonstrate what can be achieved in the long term for the face by applying different techniques... Perhaps people have different preferences, but personally I find it much more attractive to have a feminine face!

Kudos again to Critic for introducing Tanaka's massage to us and showing us what can be achieved by applying such a quick and easy method on the face... And it is also amazing that one of the best things I learn here at EDS is virtually FREE!!!
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Taiwanese lady: http://www.beauty899.com.tw/main/index.htm

I read the book from this Taiwanese lady, she uses a bone scrapper to scrap the face and neck, not very difficult to follow, and I have tried few times while reading. My face has changed to very hot after scrapping but quite comfortable. You can even scrap until eye area, which she said will get rid of black eye circles and eye bags.

Besides scrapping, she also recommend 1-2 Yoga positions, and TCM - what should eat etc.

She introduced different technique for your target area, e.g. 1) even your skin tone 2) get rid of freckles and brown patches etc... more than 15 targeted areas.
neondaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:45 am      Reply with quote
jeanleemarquis wrote:
In the end, I wonder if bone massage has an effect akin to "restoring" your youthful self-- as opposed to "altering" one's facial structure, which seems to be more along the lines of what FE & Ageless can do.

I think you are totally onto something here. I was thinking the same thing! FE, Ageless, etc, could be seen as coming from an idea that the body can be 'sculpted' to a degree, that the body is a bit like an unformed piece of clay that can be molded into whatever form you like (as long as you constantly work hard at it). The muscle is the target, and shape is formed by adding onto certain bits through bulk, and by paying less attention to other bits. Body building is a perfect example, and I think it is really telling that Deb is an ex-body builder.
Whilst the massage approach could arguably be seen as treating from the inside in order to effect the outside. So in this instance it could be that by constantly paying attention to the lymphatic system and the circulatory system (rather than the muscular) there are certain benefits that flow through.

Moonstone, I agree Deb and Tanaka (and we could possibly include Saeki Chizu who uses massage in with Tanaka) are also interesting to compare. They ALL look great for their age, it's not about that, it's more about how interesting it is to see what each technique will give you in the long term, and what it is that you want for your face!
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:30 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Critic, what topical do you use before the massage? I am trying to figure out if I should be using a cream or an oil before I do the massage?

In the video, the model did not use anything to do the demo, but the book said you have to use massage cream, the portion should be as big as your palm. It did not say which massage cream, I believe any massage cream or oil is OK.

As I am very lazy and don't have time to clean my face too many times. I just use Obagi Nu-derm cleansing gel to massage. Day and night.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |