Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Anyone has heard of Bone facial exercise?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:27 am      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
Exercise 3 : diminish n/l lines
http://read.dangdang.com/content_974254

I would love some translation on this one.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:37 am      Reply with quote
jeanleemarquis wrote:

But I was wondering whether it might be something else that's causing the spots? I recall that you have recently done a dermarolling session. Perhaps this might be the culprit? I know that when I've done rolling sessions in the past, I *do* concentrate on this NL area, which also happens to be near my most spot prone, reactive area. It seems as though that the roller would leave your skin a little more vulnerable to bacteria, especially if you're handling your face more via massage.

Just an idea... HTH!

You know I was wondering about this, but I don't roll right up to my nose. Also I rolled my whole face and spots aren't anywhere else (also already got first 2 spots before doing roll!). The spots follow the arc made with the fingers on exer 3 and then are gathered on the crease at the side of my nose, exactly where exer 4 is performed. I will incorporate the collarbone move when doing these 2 exers. and see if that makes a difference.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:57 am      Reply with quote
I have been trying to pull up the video for the Japanese massage all morning and it won't pull up. Is it me or is it no longer available to us Shock I can't even copy the link to place it here?????

Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I have been trying to pull up the video for the Japanese massage all morning and it won't pull up. Is it me or is it no longer available to us Shock I can't even copy the link to place it here?????

This link has been working for me: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/udVpsMWKljc/
(massage starts at the 10 minute mark...)
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, actually the original link is now working

Image I was sweating it because that massage is dynamite and I didn't want to lose the ability to view it!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:44 am      Reply with quote
For exercise #7 which focuses on the NL lines, (the model puts her hands in a horizontal position and pulls outward to the sides of her face before doing the finishing move to the lymph, around minute 13:45), it turns out that you actually have to first apply pressure & *push in* with your hands towards your nose before pulling out to the sides-- and not just simply pull out to the side. (It turns out I've been doing it wrong!) It's not evident that you should be doing this just from watching the video. It's much more effective to do this correctly1
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:41 am      Reply with quote
I read this wonderful thread through and have done the massage 3 times in the past week, and all I can say is; WOW! It has made a stunning difference to my entire mid face through jawline... I can't believe that only 3 times can make this very visible difference, and I look forward to seeing what the cumulative results will be. The other plus for me is that it's actually fun to do, unlike the drudgery I found in *typical* facial exercise programs. This is simple, precise + a cinch to follow along for us *visual* learners.

This is truly amazing + effective, and I want to thank 'critic' for bringing this wonderful information to us...

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
*mirjana*
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I read this wonderful thread through and have done the massage 3 times in the past week, and all I can say is; WOW! It has made a stunning difference to my entire mid face through jawline... I can't believe that only 3 times can make this very visible difference, and I look forward to seeing what the cumulative results will be. The other plus for me is that it's actually fun to do, unlike the drudgery I found in *typical* facial exercise programs. This is simple, precise + a cinch to follow along for us *visual* learners.

This is truly amazing + effective, and I want to thank 'critic' for bringing this wonderful information to us...

I started with massage in last Sunday… and I am surprised as Kassy. It is early to say, but my skin in the same area which Kassy has mentioned look ironed and tight. I can't believe. I didn't use Tuo Viso for few days but I did some exercises for eyes and neck only – and I am so satisfied with this.

And also I like this stuff because movements of the fingers gliding on the face are so natural, and in fact when doing massage I can see my face as it should be – tight and smooth. I have a feeling that I am really modelling it.
Thanks Critic . This is my first encounter with a massage and I am so happy that I discovered it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
I also started this massage only a few days ago and I absolutely love it. I think that my face looks better, fresher. I am very surprised.

I am waiting for critic to email me her photos but I think that I will continue to do it because I like what I see.

Critic, thank you very much for introducing it to us!!! Smile
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone - Okay was in the gym this morning and read the September issue of "More" (for women over 40). They had an article on how the Japanese stay so youthful and never need plastic surgery - the last recommendation was to massage your face daily and I thought of the facial bone exercise. I will start adding this to my regimen now that everyone is having great success and this is also confirmed by this article. Thx critic for bringing this to our
attention (now I just have to figure out how to do it!) Thx again - DiPhx

Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hey everyone, Very Happy

I'm reading this topic since the first post, and it's really helping people who do facial exercises. I do facial exercises, and I'm very interested in learning these facial bone exercises. I started doing Tanaka's massage too, and it REALLY helps, I have dark circles under eyes that facial exercises helped a little to improve this area, but Tanaka's facial massage which I started to do one week ago is really doing a improvement that facial exercise alone couldn't do.

Well, I'm really glad with the results of massage and facial exercises, but now that I know that there are BONE facial exercises, I got really interested in learning it. Actually, I started to do some days ago just by looking at those pictures with someone posted here, a japanese website, and I found other things on internet, but the problem is that just by looking at the picture doesn't help too much, because it's very important to know how many times a day you must perform each exercise, how long you have to make pressure to the bone, etc.

With the few exercises I'm doing I don't know if I can see an improvement yet, because I started just some days ago, but by looking at those pictures with the results of people which
did bone exercises for months..it's really interesting. But it would be very helpful if there is a before/after photo of someone who did it, because it really motivates to continue with the exercises.

My question is.. (if anyone here know about BONE facial exercises)... Is it really true that we can change the shape of the bone just by applying pressure to it? My goal is to Lift my outer part of the Eyebrows and make my face more 'square', because my chin is a little long, and (I don't know if it's really possible) to change the shape of the bone of the
nose, it would be very helpful if really there is an exercise for it! Exclamation Exclamation
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Forgot to say that I tried to do the massage with oil and also with a base cream that I mixed with liquid Oat Beta Glucans from GoW and Sea Kelp Bioferment from Nanci and a few drops of essential oils. I prefer the cream since I use the oil with my vaculifters and I am afraid that my skin couldn’t handle that much oil.

I love to use the Vaculifter (my favorite tool) and I think that this massage is a wonderful addition.
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Having spent most of Sunday morning reading this thread and doing the exercises I'm hooked!
I am not clear though on how oftern to do this.
Is it daily and then tapering off?
TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Could someone please spell out for me exactly which instructional programme you are using. Are you following the Gankin Massage Step Sheet from SUQQU or the Tudou video or something else?

Also, I can't see why using the Vaculifter wouldn't be just as beneficial - any comments on this. I'm also using a Germanium Roller.

Incidentally, SUQQU make the best eyelash curler!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Could someone please spell out for me exactly which instructional programme you are using. Are you following the Gankin Massage Step Sheet from SUQQU or the Tudou video or something else?

Also, I can't see why using the Vaculifter wouldn't be just as beneficial - any comments on this. I'm also using a Germanium Roller.

Incidentally, SUQQU make the best eyelash curler!!

We are doing this massage: (it starts with some ad, please wait for 30 seconds)
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/udVpsMWKljc/
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
Critic,

Thank you very much for trusting me and sharing your pictures. It is very generous of you.

Your transformation is evident! Even though you look quite young in the first picture but you look amazing now - very young like in the early twenties. I can see a very noticeable improvement in the shape of your face. Your skin also looks absolutely gorgeous, very clear with a good skin tone.

I hope that this program will work for me as well. After a few times doing the massage, I like it very much.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

Keliu,

I love the Vaculifter it is my favorite tool and I have quite a few, but I believe that this massage is wonderfully complementing it. It is not the same, you have to try it and you'll see for yourself what I am talking about.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
Tanaka did mention that you can do more than 3 repetitions if you want to target an area.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
Nice wrote:
Hey everyone, Very Happy

I'm reading this topic since the first post, and it's really helping people who do facial exercises. I do facial exercises, and I'm very interested in learning these facial bone exercises. I started doing Tanaka's massage too, and it REALLY helps, I have dark circles under eyes that facial exercises helped a little to improve this area, but Tanaka's facial massage which I started to do one week ago is really doing a improvement that facial exercise alone couldn't do.

Well, I'm really glad with the results of massage and facial exercises, but now that I know that there are BONE facial exercises, I got really interested in learning it. Actually, I started to do some days ago just by looking at those pictures with someone posted here, a japanese website, and I found other things on internet, but the problem is that just by looking at the picture doesn't help too much, because it's very important to know how many times a day you must perform each exercise, how long you have to make pressure to the bone, etc.

With the few exercises I'm doing I don't know if I can see an improvement yet, because I started just some days ago, but by looking at those pictures with the results of people which
did bone exercises for months..it's really interesting. But it would be very helpful if there is a before/after photo of someone who did it, because it really motivates to continue with the exercises.

My question is.. (if anyone here know about BONE facial exercises)... Is it really true that we can change the shape of the bone just by applying pressure to it? My goal is to Lift my outer part of the Eyebrows and make my face more 'square', because my chin is a little long, and (I don't know if it's really possible) to change the shape of the bone of the
nose, it would be very helpful if really there is an exercise for it! Exclamation Exclamation

Nice, my first post of this thread is the Bone facial program that I am trying, it has a chapter in the book to teach you how to change the shape of your face by pressing, pushing, lifting. I don't read Japanese, I just guess from reading the photos, but I believe if you do it correctly, you should able to change, my face has changed quite a lot after trying Tanaka massage. But remember the bone pressing is not a surgery, so I don't expect it can create a magical changes.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
Got a sample from my last order and used it for massage last night and it feels so good!

Decleor Angelique Nourishing Serum
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/decleor-angelique-nourish-p_1161.htm
Nice

Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
Critic, yes I know it won't do a drastical change to the face, but if those pictures with those masks of people who did facial bone exercises are true, than it's really motivating.

I'm really happy with Tanaka's massage, and I hope to get rid of the dark circles under my eyes, I can see a good improvement right after the massage, but I wish it make a better improvement on this area if I keep doing it everyday.

I think I'll stop with the Bone exercises until I have better information on how to do it, because I don't feel motivated to keep on doing this.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
Nice wrote:
Critic, yes I know it won't do a drastical change to the face, but if those pictures with those masks of people who did facial bone exercises are true, than it's really motivating.

I'm really happy with Tanaka's massage, and I hope to get rid of the dark circles under my eyes, I can see a good improvement right after the massage, but I wish it make a better improvement on this area if I keep doing it everyday.

I think I'll stop with the Bone exercises until I have better information on how to do it, because I don't feel motivated to keep on doing this.

Nice, I will suggest you to try Tanaka first, it also helps to change the shape of the face. I can't offer too much insight on the bone exercise until I have someone translate the whole book for me.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
Reminder, at the end of the video, Tanaka mentioned 2 common mistakes that people make:
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/udVpsMWKljc/

1. 20.20 shows how to position your palm correctly. Your hands should be touching your nose and push upwards.

2. 20.53 shows how to glide down correctly from your ear to collar. Your face will sag if you do it wrong, 21.21 to 21.28 is a incorrect position.
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:02 am      Reply with quote
Hey critic
I found 瘦脸美容操 at a local library. I think Im going to photocopy it. I also borrowed other books on massage written by Japanese authors. It's not specific to face massage but massage based on other conditions. There's a massage for hairloss and alot of other problems. I had no idea there are soooo many books on massage. I guess massage is the Japanese way of life. I noticed some similiarites in their massage techniques. Their massage strokes are not aggressive but more gentle. It has more pressing on the points. And if you massage your feet, I think it helps with some conditions.
I should try foot reflextology soon. What are your thoughts on that? I heard it hurts alot but I have a high tolerance for pain. lol.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:33 am      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
Hey critic
I found 瘦脸美容操 at a local library. I think Im going to photocopy it. I also borrowed other books on massage written by Japanese authors. It's not specific to face massage but massage based on other conditions. There's a massage for hairloss and alot of other problems. I had no idea there are soooo many books on massage. I guess massage is the Japanese way of life. I noticed some similiarites in their massage techniques. Their massage strokes are not aggressive but more gentle. It has more pressing on the points. And if you massage your feet, I think it helps with some conditions.
I should try foot reflextology soon. What are your thoughts on that? I heard it hurts alot but I have a high tolerance for pain. lol.

You found that book! It is worth reading and the technique it offers is more than the expensive DVD and book that I bought in Tokyo and it's so cheap only USD1. Please update me your progress if you are going to try it, I found it covers almost everything, including pressing the skull etc. with details explanation.

I learned foot Reflexology from a Chinese herbalist 8 years ago. It is very easy to learn once you understand the basic concept, just follow the steps and diagram. It's hurt if someone do it for you, but won't hurt if you are doing it for youself, you won't kill yourself, right?
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |