Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone has heard of Bone facial exercise?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:43 am      Reply with quote
It is recommended to do the foot Reflexology/foot massage after foot bath, it suggests one basic routine on daily basis, but don't overdo it. You can do extra if you are sick and targeted on certain area/spots.

Foot Reflexology is highly recommended for those who are who are pre and post menopause.

I memorized all steps during the 3-month study and practised it every night, then I was pregnant and the Dr. recommended me to stop, I forgot almost everything. I am learning it again by reading the old notes, foot massage benefit elderly and kids and it's very safe.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:44 am      Reply with quote
*mirjana* wrote:
I understood that all steps in massage have to be done three times.
What will happened if we increase number of repeating, does anybody know?

I mean, is this "three times" recommended just because of temptation of not wasting to much time, or that's the way it have to be to be effective?

It is really hard without translation (my browser doesn't support it) so I have bunch of questions... Confused

I have checked, it mentioned that you can do more than 3 times on your targeted area.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:06 am      Reply with quote
For those who are interested to learn more about Japanese beauty, this is a good book to read. I have compared my Chinese/Japanese version with the English one, the table of content is almost the same, English version is more updated. The author is very famous in Japan. She is 65+, I personally think Tanaka looks younger than her, you can view her demo video in amazon, her skin is very beautiful. The book has 2 whole chapters about massage.

http://www.amazon.com/Japanese-Skincare-Revolution-Beautiful-Life-At/dp/4770030835/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1260100206&sr=8-1
Thoughtful
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:48 am      Reply with quote
http://jakkyblog.blogspot.com/2008/08/japanese-facial-massage-beauty-with.html

Found this link its Tanaka on a chat show showing the audience how to do the massage.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:27 am      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
Reminder, at the end of the video, Tanaka mentioned 2 common mistakes that people make:

1. 20.20 shows how to position your palm correctly. Your hands should be touching your nose and push upwards.

2. 20.53 shows how to glide down correctly from your ear to collar. Your face will sag if you do it wrong, 21.21 to 21.28 is a incorrect position.

I think I was doing it wrong when gliding down from ear to collar bone, I was appplying a good pressure and it was sagging the face. So, it doesn't need to apply pressure when gliding down? and why is it important to do this move?
Nice

Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:33 am      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
Nice wrote:
Critic, yes I know it won't do a drastical change to the face, but if those pictures with those masks of people who did facial bone exercises are true, than it's really motivating.

I'm really happy with Tanaka's massage, and I hope to get rid of the dark circles under my eyes, I can see a good improvement right after the massage, but I wish it make a better improvement on this area if I keep doing it everyday.

I think I'll stop with the Bone exercises until I have better information on how to do it, because I don't feel motivated to keep on doing this.

Nice, I will suggest you to try Tanaka first, it also helps to change the shape of the face. I can't offer too much insight on the bone exercise until I have someone translate the whole book for me.

Yes I will keep on doing the Tanaka's massage and facial exercises, and I wish that information about Bone facial exercises appear soon, because
it's really interesting.
From the few exercises I found on web about bone exercise, I will do only the one for Eyebrows that I found, I hope it helps to lift them up.

And I'm glad with the results of Tanaka's massage, I hope it can make a good improvement if I keep on doing this.
havana8

Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:46 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Could someone please spell out for me exactly which instructional programme you are using. Are you following the Gankin Massage Step Sheet from SUQQU or the Tudou video or something else?

Keliu, it is the Zogan facial massage method by Yukuko Tanaka (the black hat lady) shared by Critic. Here is a very brief highlight from my notes of just a few of the many links shared by everyone with reference links back to the thread where they were discussed:

article describing the type of massage
http://jstyle.25today.com/living/issue06/beauty-01.html
(à la neondaze)

videos with Yukuko Tanaka demonstrating the facial massage
TUDOU http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/udVpsMWKljc/
(à la moonstone) intro with follow-along section starting at the 10 minute mark
YAHOO http://video.yahoo.com/watch/5417375/14269296
(à la summer2004)
YOU TUBE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_Zw4DGNnsI
(a link from the link posted à la zenity) demonstrating to a participating studio audience

original video with English translation in 4 parts
YOU TUBE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrceQS7qdaI
(à la epicbeautyguide)

step-by-step Russian to English google translation of the Yukuko Tanaka facial massage
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http://faceculture.ru/asahi.php
(à la Sigma)

blog sharing scans from the Yukuko Tanaka facial massage book demonstrating the precise placement of the fingers/hands
http://gabaana.pixnet.net/blog/post/21615027
(à la moonstone)

blog listing the steps to the routine as well as the link to buy the Japanese to English notes that correspond to many frames of the movie on Tudou
http://facemassage.sblo.jp/
http://www.dl-market.com/product_info.php/sort/8d/manufacturers_id/474/products_id/8930/page/1/language/en
(à la summer2004)

two before&after pics near the bottom of the Chinese to English translation of Yukuko Tanaka's book blurb
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en%26sl=zh-CN%26tl=en%26u=http%3A%2F%2Fgouwu.wangchao.net.cn%2Fdetail_626417.html
(à la moonstone)

Hope that helps.
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
Exercise 4 : Target sagging cheek
http://read.dangdang.com/content_974255

Exercise 5 : Double Chin
http://read.dangdang.com/content_974256

Exercise 6 : Remove neck wrinkles
http://read.dangdang.com/content_974257

Hi Critic,

Am I missing something with these links? They all look alike and they are in Japanese.

Inky
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Guys, I just looked at critic's pictures and all I can say is Wowee Zowee! Thank you, critic.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Havanah, as usual, you've managed to organise everything perfectly!

I'm not a computer geek, so forgive me if this question is dumb. Is it possible to download the videos from Youtube? If it is, how do I do it?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for all the PM, but I no longer share my before/after photos, I have shared enough with people who have contributed in the thread.

SORRY! SORRY!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
Thank you for all the PM, but I no longer share my before/after photos, I have shared enough with people who have contributed in the thread.

SORRY! SORRY!

In support of Critic and all her hard work we need to trust that her pictures are evidence that this massage technique works and works well. Enough of the EDS members have seen her pictures to verify this. Now guys it is up to us to get busy with this technique she has shared with us and have some of our own testimonies. I for one am doing it morning and night and loving it. I notice an immediate lift and it lasts a long time....My hope is that it will become permanent. We always search this forum for jewels and this one is for real Very Happy Thanks so much Critic and hopefully more pictures will follow yours. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
critic wrote:

SORRY! SORRY!

In support of Critic and all her hard work we need to trust that her pictures are evidence that this massage technique works and works well. Enough of the EDS members have seen her pictures to verify this. Now guys it is up to us to get busy with this technique she has shared with us and have some of our own testimonies. I for one am doing it morning and night and loving it. I notice an immediate lift and it lasts a long time....My hope is that it will become permanent. We always search this forum for jewels and this one is for real Very Happy Thanks so much Critic and hopefully more pictures will follow yours. Wink

Thank you. I got some PM said, "I want to see your photos before making a decision if I want to try the massage."

Come on! I am not the spokeman for Tanaka massage, you will regret if you don't try!

I helped my husband to masage yesterday, I can see immediate result.
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Yea I dont get it. I was already doing the massage even before I saw your pics. This massage is already made free to everyone. What's there to decide? Tanaka's youthful looks is good enough evidence.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Thoughtful wrote:
http://jakkyblog.blogspot.com/2008/08/japanese-facial-massage-beauty-with.html

Found this link its Tanaka on a chat show showing the audience how to do the massage.

This is a great video for me to use. Nice and simple. Is there a way to save this video in case they remove it?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, you can download it.
simpleMD
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
OH...I SPENT WHOLE SUNDAY READING THE THREAD N NOW CRITIC ISNT SHARING HER LOVELY PHOTOS ANYMORE.......... Crying or Very sad plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz just one more time critic....:(need to convince my sister that this will work for her too )

Acne-prone skin ,Olive Complexion, using Derma pen ( MYM) ,Used LS & STOP,Got POSE and never used it.. Also got TRIA never used it...Microcurrent Tx and added Facial Detox massage and CP serum so far its pretty good
neondaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Critic! You have been more than generous! What a star!

For anyone umm-ing about whether to do this, I'm with Faeriedust. There is nothing to decide. Tanaka herself is 60+ if you need photo evidence. It's a total no-brainer. It works incredibly well, probably better than anything else you have ever tried and you can probably ditch a few of the other things you might be doing!
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
For those who are interested to learn more about Japanese beauty, this is a good book to read. I have compared my Chinese/Japanese version with the English one, the table of content is almost the same, English version is more updated. The author is very famous in Japan. She is 65+, I personally think Tanaka looks younger than her, you can view her demo video in amazon, her skin is very beautiful. The book has 2 whole chapters about massage.

http://www.amazon.com/Japanese-Skincare-Revolution-Beautiful-Life-At/dp/4770030835/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1260100206&sr=8-1

It's acutally neondaze told me about this book, I did not know it has an English version. The massage techniques are focus on outer skin and muscle, also included facial exercises. One book gets all information.

The one I got is 2004 edition, I think the English one is 2008.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:37 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
critic wrote:

SORRY! SORRY!

I totally agree with all that Toby has said.

On the matter of critics pictures all I can say is she has much to be proud of and this massage technique has literally toned, lifted and tightened the entire mid face, and given her a sharper jawline. Actually maybe a better way to describe it, is that everything just looks sharper and much more defined. I also see the skintone looking lighter and more luminous in the later pictures. (That's what my eyes are seeing anyhow.. Very Happy )

She could easily pass for 20 years old, and looks quite like the baby of the group in a recent picture she shared with me.. You go girl!

On a personal note, after doing this 4 times I'm actually seeing a *little* lessening of my dreaded malar bags... The down side of that is that crepy, looser skin will be left in it's place.. Crying or Very sad I might bite the bullet and try something with DMAE and a few other skin tightening goodies if that day ever comes..

Is anybody else having as much fun with this massage as I am? I love it! Poor Mr Kassy just keeps walking by, shaking his head, and laughing at all my antics.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
jeanleemarquis
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:05 am      Reply with quote
Oh my goodness, who would need convincing to do the Tanaka/ Zogan massage? There is absolutely nothing to lose!!! No money, and practically no time-- you can get the essentials done in about 5 minutes! And furthermore, you get results, and importantly-- fast!! While it *is* inspiring to see critic's photos, there is really no reason not to try it out!

(I've posted the following in the NL thread as well.) I've been doing the Tanaka massage for about 2 weeks, twice a day. I have to say, it's working on my NL's!!!! There's this mirror in a dark hallway of my house with horrible lighting. I can't help it-- every time I go past, I have to check & see how the lines are doing. I hold my chin down to make the shadows look as bad as possible.

Where are the lines? Where did they go?

They are about 75% gone, I would say. In 2 weeks?!? They were not that bad to begin with, but very bothersome. (The one time I tried out a filler in the area, I had less than 1 syringe put in. Critic, do you know how much money have you saved me?!? I will not be getting fillers again, as long as the Tanaka/ Zogan massage continues to work as it has been doing!) My husband claims he can't see the NL's at all.

It's so easy to get carried away about these things, but incorporating the Zogan/ Tanaka massage into my routine has really been working for me in this area!! (I am also doing FE/ Ageless, retin-A, green smoothies, & megadoses of MSM.)

Critic, thank you!!!! It was so generous of you to share your knowledge, spend your time to put up this information & answer questions on the forum. Very Happy This has made an enormous impact on me!
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone - have reviewed quite a few of the videos and the exercises look easy to do as well
as are soothing in the evening. So here's one question - I haven't seen any massage for the neck area itself but the lower face and jowl area work well. Anybody seen anything for the neck??
Secondly - am trying an experiment -- as I purchased the Tua Viso which I really love and it has worked well for me, on the 2-3 days a week which I use it, am still going to use it on the muscles which are recommended but only for 1-2 minutes instead of 3-4 minutes. Then am going to blend Japanese massage with
the Tua Viso by holding down the button for the masasge function and using the TV with the Japanese massage techniques.
Will only use the TV for the lower part of the face (jowls, NL lines etc) and the forehead
on the Japanese massage but not anywhere near the eyes. We'll see what this does - hopefully positive! Anyone have any ideas for the neck???
Thx DiPhx

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:56 am      Reply with quote
It seems that if vaculifting the face, if someone were to use the same pathways that Tamika (?) uses, the results would be twice as good as vaculifting alone. In fact, vaculifting against the drainage pathways that Tamika uses could result in making your face look worse.

I think this is precisely what happened to me the first time I vaculifted my face because I got a little jowl hang on one side. Had I seen this technique, I wouldn't have pulled the vaculifter in that direction. (I pulled it down at the jowl instead of up toward my ear. It exaggerated the look of the jowl). I haven't vaculifted my face since that happened.

I have vaculifted my neck since tho. I realized then that I was probably moving waste through it.

P.S. Don't we have any Japanese 'sisters' in the forum who would be willing to transcribe the video for us? I would give my eye teeth to know what she is saying...
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:25 am      Reply with quote
P.P.S. This technique looks like the 'proper' way to massage when doing the Oil Control Method. Multitasking-- one of my favorite passtimes.
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi DiPhx,

DiPhx wrote:
Anyone have any ideas for the neck???
Thx DiPhx

I'm working on something for the neck. I'll let you know as soon as I get it 'refined.'

Inky.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |