Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Anyone has heard of Bone facial exercise?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Critic,

one of the reason for my enthusiasm for Tanaka massage was the hope to get rid of under eye bags, since nothing else had helped (Tuck did nothing as well).

So far even though I do it twice daily I see no difference (or very little if any) in that area. It makes my face fresh and nice immediately after. I think it helps somewhat with NLs, but so far not with the eye bags or double chin/neck area.

If there are any recommendations I would be very grateful.

TIA

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
Let's repeat all the steps again:

Warm-up exercise to prompt the flow of lymph
STEP1 Improve the swelling of the forehead and the wrinkles between the eyebrows
STEP2 Remove the swelling around the eyes and improve the puffy eyes
STEP3 Pushing up the downside mouth corners
STEP4 Remove the blots on the nostrils and make the bridge of your nose higher
STEP5 Remove the deep nasolabial grooves and left up the entire cheeks
STEP6 Remove the nasolabial groove in a focused way
STEP7 Remove the fat beside the nasal wings not to make the nasolabial grooves appear
STEP8-1 Dissolve the sags in the areas between the cheekbones and the chin
STEP8-2 Remove the “bulldog line”
STEP9 Remove a double chin and tighten a vague face line
STEP10 Pull up the whole facial sag
STEP11 Erase the transverse wrinkling on the forehead

RE : EYE and UNDER EYE AREA
Please focus and do more repetitions on Step 2, Step 7 and Step 8. When doing Step 7 and 8, please make sure you apply enough strength and push all the flesh to the ear bone area. Well, I hope you understand what I am saying!
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:37 am      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
Hi, Guys, I just read on another website that we shouldn't do lymphatic massage daily because it will lenghten the muscles and cause sagging. Confused

This line of thought is probably from those who don't believe in handling the skin on the face.
Two things against this argument:
1] I found the massage side of Ageless invaluable in terms of teaching me that it's good to handle the face. It's stimulating, my muscles enjoy the massage and my face won't fall down into a drooping disaster!

2] Yoga lengthens muscles. I've never met a yoga teacher or follower with a sagging body. Those who do nothing are more likely to have soft, sagging bodies (a generalisation but you can understand the point).
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:41 am      Reply with quote
critic wrote:

STEP4 Remove the blots on the nostrils and make the bridge of your nose higher

Here we can see the cultural difference - I definitely don't want a higher bridge!! Will go easy on that part!

Many thanks Critic for the run-down. You're a star!
*mirjana*
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:16 am      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
Hi, Guys, I just read on another website that we shouldn't do lymphatic massage daily because it will lenghten the muscles and cause sagging. Confused

well I think that is something what we must discussed. Will you please give us a link to that source. TIA

In contrary I found something else Arrow
Code:
According to Dr. Robert O. Young, a research scientist at the pH Miracle Living Center, "massage, especially lymphatic massage helps to move and remove dietary and metabolic acids out of the bone and muscle tissue and interstitial fluids of the body. This helps to protect healthy tissue from the devastating effects of acid breakdown. That is why I highly recommend a daily one hour lymphatic massage, especially after exercise or if one is dealing with a health challenge."

http://www.our-healing-hub.com/lymphatic-massage-for-incredible-health-and-fitness.html

It is really tempting for research because we really have to be sure about this.

In fact I have another one question - this massage we are applying to us it is just a partially massage (only face) - well we know that lymphatic lines are going through whole body - can the rest of the body have a problem with that? I

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:31 am      Reply with quote
There's lymph massage for the body. I think the lymph carries toxins or somethings and we have to remove them. Sometimes they call it detoxing. It's best not to do lymph massage when you're ill, pregnant or having your period.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:09 am      Reply with quote
*mirjana* wrote:
Mars wrote:

well I think that is something what we must discussed. Will you please give us a link to that source. TIA

In contrary I found something else Arrow
Code:
According to Dr. Robert O. Young, a research scientist at the pH Miracle Living Center, "massage, especially lymphatic massage helps to move and remove dietary and metabolic acids out of the bone and muscle tissue and interstitial fluids of the body. This helps to protect healthy tissue from the devastating effects of acid breakdown. That is why I highly recommend a daily one hour lymphatic massage, especially after exercise or if one is dealing with a health challenge."

http://www.our-healing-hub.com/lymphatic-massage-for-incredible-health-and-fitness.html

It is really tempting for research because we really have to be sure about this.

In fact I have another one question - this massage we are applying to us it is just a partially massage (only face) - well we know that lymphatic lines are going through whole body - can the rest of the body have a problem with that? I

I have Dr Young's book - The pH Miracle: Balance Your Diet, Reclaim Your Health, let me check to confirm, thanks!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:57 am      Reply with quote
Critic - I posted this before, but wasn't sure if you saw it, interested in your views about its effectiveness.

TheresaMary wrote:
Critic knowing your knowledge of TCM, what do you think of accupressure etc. Are these gimicks that don't work or are there validity to them. I've just seen a thread entitled TIAN YONG REJUVENATION SYSTEM and the woman who is on that site is supposed to be in her 50's but she could be your older sister!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:24 am      Reply with quote
*mirjana* wrote:
Mars wrote:

I would like the link to this, as well. And, I agree with mirjana, I think it is something that needs to be discussed (perhaps in a different thread if we can get the link).
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:03 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
*mirjana* wrote:
Mars wrote:

I would like the link to this, as well. And, I agree with mirjana, I think it is something that needs to be discussed (perhaps in a different thread if we can get the link).

I was reading the free e-book on the site SeanySeanUK posted about the TIAN YONG REJUVENATION SYSTEM. The e-book is entitled "The Wisdom of Tian Yong." One of the things she says is "when massaging the skin, a creme or lotion that is slippery is essential, otherwise, the massage will stretch the skin and cause it to sag."
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:04 am      Reply with quote
jeanleemarquis wrote:
Well, here's a link to someone who is selling an English translation of the Zogan/ Tanaka massage-- however, you have to pay 1200 Japanese yen-- that's about 13 USD.

http://www.dl-market.com/product_info.php/sort/8d/manufacturers_id/474/products_id/8930/page/1/language/en

I have been doing the massage for a month but having just done my first massage using the translated instructions, the feel and look of my face is completely different. I can now understand why other people are getting such strong results. If you're not, then download the above link, it is certainly worth $13.

Also has anyone else noticed how the change in Tanaka's model's face is very similar to how Critic's face has improved? It's subtle but unmissable. (Scroll down 3/4 of page.)

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http://gouwu.wangchao.net.cn/detail_626417.html
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi Miranda,

is this a translation of the whole book or something ?

thanks

Jackie xx
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:04 am      Reply with quote
Good morning Ladies - I have read this thread from start to finish and thank you critic for introducing all of us to this.

I have bookmarked the Russian translation of the massage and have watched the video but have a feeling I will be bringing the laptop into the bathroom Laughing (the DH will love that)

I have 3 questions for all of you who have started this.
1. how long does the whole massage take?
2. being of European decent am I supposed to do the eye massage in the opposite direction as shown?
3. those of you who have purchased the english translation of the video was it worth it?

Thanks for you help

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:29 am      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:

2. being of European decent am I supposed to do the eye massage in the opposite direction as shown?
3. those of you who have purchased the english translation of the video was it worth it?

Thanks for you help

No need for laptop in bathroom ( I just wrote some notes Laughing )
1. massage will take you just a few minutes, depends of repeating steps (once you learned it)
2. I don't think so
3. Oh yes Smile (read what Miranda said few posts above)

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:44 am      Reply with quote
*mirjana* wrote:
Alley wrote:

Thanks for you help

3. Oh yes Smile (read what Miranda said few posts above)

DAH - Embarassed

Thanks for the response I will down load the english translation this afternoon.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:02 am      Reply with quote
http://store.annabellina.com/massagemyth.html
Hi, Everybody, Here's the link to the website where I read about "older" skin and massage. Confused
Look under the paragraph that begins with "Tension". BTW, I think this website, "Anna Bellina", has a lot of useful info. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:33 am      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi Miranda,

is this a translation of the whole book or something ?

thanks

Jackie xx

Jackie,
It's a translated transcript of her DVD which I believe is the same as this video

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/udVpsMWKljc/

It's great to have the combination of the two.
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
thanks Miranda,

Jackie xx
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
Hi, Everybody, Here's the link to the website where I read about "older" skin and massage. Confused
Look under the paragraph that begins with "Tension". BTW, I think this website, "Anna Bellina", has a lot of useful info. Smile

Thanks for the link, Mars.
*mirjana*
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:

Well, those site does not allow to copy and paste this paragraph, but as I understood problem is in fragility of facial older muscles and tissues.

This paragraph is too short to understand the real point - how old those muscles and tissues have to be and how intensive or "deep" massage (as said in paragraph) and how frequently is have to be to make damages.

Somehow, that sounds logical, but on the other hand - point is that massage is recommended (short one - few minutes as we do) for younger look. And of course benefits are cumulative - as of any other care.

So as I said, it is material for discussion and researching Wink

5% products discount

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:

I think she may just be warning against massaging too aggressively. She says in the paragraph under "A 4-minute Massage Routine" to do it everyday.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
there are many more massage techniques on you tube. i'm sure the members here can add a few more new moves to their routine.
i like this one. you can see the results just after one massage (on the left side of her face).

face massage magic. and it free!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwM5v8PPjt0&feature=related

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
llina wrote:
there are many more massage techniques on you tube. i'm sure the members here can add a few more new moves to their routine.
i like this one. you can see the results just after one massage (on the left side of her face).

That's a definite favorite one with a lot of people on EDS. I love that one myself!
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
llina wrote:

That's a definite favorite one with a lot of people on EDS. I love that one myself!

sorry am i being redundant?

just a thought as i was watching lymphatic massages/asian massage/tanaka massage on you tube, and i believe someone on this thread mentioned the scrapping massage with jade, it ocurred to me that alot of motions were similar. and it is very similar to the NuSkin galvanic spa machine that i own. i have the nu skin dvd... the motions and holding in certain postions. the object is similar and the motions of massage are similar too, in general. Very Happy however, with the galvanic spa there is a galvanic current running through this machine (battery operated). i'm sure i can do the lymphatic drain massage with my hands/palms, and with the bones of my hands/palms, as well using the NuSkin machine/jade scrapper/jade roller. its just a thought if anyone is interested.

hmmm....now i'm really tempted to buy another galvanic spa machine, one for each hand, and do my whole face in synchrony at the same time.

scrapper massage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtEsZYBAkkM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_psDN5h53YM

galvanic spa:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRFK7zVAJLE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju5RiolCVYU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAzS91MQ2eI

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
llina wrote:
sorry am i being redundant?

Not redundant at all. It is a good reminder!

Hope the off topic police don't get me, but how are you liking the Nu Skin machine?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |