Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone has heard of Bone facial exercise?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:44 am      Reply with quote
*mirjana* wrote:

I read on Russian web site that 7th step must come after sixth...it is accented for warning (sixth is the one which is carried out separately for each side of face)... I suppose that this step carry away toxins from middle of the face and important is pressure beside the nasal wings before movement to the ears.
Well I am just guessing - hope that helps.

I actually gave good thought about this 7th step last night - I always do it but find the angle for sweeping my finger tips across my face awkward. So last night I used the fleshy thumb joints on my palms (as you do for exer. 8 ) to sweep across. Will be interesting if I see an improvement with this change as you rightly point out, ex.7 is very important for removing the toxins from mid-face.

*jlm* wrote:
It *does* sound like the spots you're getting are of the detoxing sort. Hmm, by chance, do you carry tension in that part of your face? Just wondering.

Always carry my tension in this part of my face! It's not surprising I'm having such a detox in here!
*mirjana*
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:19 am      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I too have been over doing this and started to look saggy aswell as puffy. Strangely though I could also see some impovement. Is it best to just back off a little then and just stick to the recommended 3 times or so ?

thanks

Jackie xx

I suppose that would be clever.
What was overdoing in your case? You did massage over 3 times a day or just increase number of repeating?

It is interesting for me because I was thinking about increasing number of massages a day (soon I will be on holidays so I will have some time extra for me) to get some quicker improvements.
I was thinking would it be OK because of too much stimulating of lymph and everything (pressure, skin manipulation). It seems that Tanaka recommend 3 minute of massage with purpose.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi mirjana,

I was doing the massage twice a day. I was doing most of the moves about 5 times each, and even more on the ones from the jaw/chin to nose, because this is a problems area for me,

Jackie xx
*mirjana*
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:46 am      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi mirjana,

I was doing the massage twice a day. I was doing most of the moves about 5 times each, and even more on the ones from the jaw/chin to nose, because this is a problems area for me,

Jackie xx

Well, then I think that you should apply massage only once a day. If I am you, if will try that way.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:55 am      Reply with quote
We're beginning to see a pattern: a few of us who have been doing some of the moves more than 3 times or the massage more than twice a day are experiencing problems.
Is anyone doing these 'extras' but not experiencing unwelcome effects?
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:26 am      Reply with quote
I have been doing the massage only once a day - at night but I have been doing 5-6 repetitions of the movements with great results.
God Lord I can barely find the time to do this once a day - I need to quit my job so I can stay home and keep up on all my gadgets, face exercises and massage. Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:58 am      Reply with quote
I hear ya Alley, and even though I'm retired, I'm busier now, and seem to have less time to call my own...

Haven't done the massage at all this week, and do notice a bit of slackness in the NL/Jaw area returning (that had really lifted with the 4(ish) massages I did.)

I'm hoping I can find the time to at least do a *quickie* massage every other day... (That is after I write out the remaining Christmas cards that are still sitting on my desk.. Embarassed ) Argh!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
*mirjana*
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:02 am      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:
We're beginning to see a pattern: a few of us who have been doing some of the moves more than 3 times or the massage more than twice a day are experiencing problems.
o

Hm, I am trying to doing it everyday twice, but I recollect now that for a few days I skipped one massage, once or twice I was asleep and in hurry in the morning etc. so in average I was doing 1,5 massage for a day Smile
And yes in the evening I was applying 5-6 repetitions of some exercises. Well, for now - so far so good...in fact I looked myself a little tired yesterday and I wasn't happy with my look but I have hard exams right now and didn't sleep properly for three nights because of studying, working overtime, so I am really tired a bit.
That's why I was thinking about increasing massage on holidays...but than I can see that is not such a good idea.
Let's play by the book Wink

BTW - Fact is also that everyone of us can have different results - depending on skin and everything else,

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
I am also getting the horrible cystic acne. I also have the red spots that turn to white heads but most are the cyctic type. I have them along my jawline, in the corners of my nose and on my forehead. Unlike others, I am not doing extra. I'm doing 3 reps twice per day. If this is detoxing, does that mean it will stop? I am seeing firming and shaping results from the massage but I can't stand the acne much longer.

I did discover that astringent helps them to heal faster, but so far, it's not preventing new spots.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
I am also getting the horrible cystic acne. I also have the red spots that turn to white heads but most are the cyctic type. I have them along my jawline, in the corners of my nose and on my forehead. Unlike others, I am not doing extra. I'm doing 3 reps twice per day. If this is detoxing, does that mean it will stop? I am seeing firming and shaping results from the massage but I can't stand the acne much longer.

I did discover that astringent helps them to heal faster, but so far, it's not preventing new spots.

I tried to google side effect of massage, but really haven't enough time (study, study, study Mad ) but I noticed that on very big number of sites dedicated to massage is accented that skin with acne and acne prone skin is not suitable for massage.
Well, I don't know if you had this problem with acne since you started with this or you had this problem also in past?
About detoxing - I wish I have much more time, this quickly, I didn't found anything.

I even don't know what is like to have acne or any kind of breakouts, simply I never had any problem with that. This massage didn't change that. My skin is very clear in despite that I am in the second month of Retin A using - just a peeling and that's all.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia have you had problems with spots in the past (pre-massage)? I've never had problems with spots - just the odd one every few months.
I've also tried to google lymph massage and spots but nothing comes up about side-effects of doing it.
I'm going to keep on with the massage - I'll give it another two months and hopefully my skin will purge itself and clear up.
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:34 am      Reply with quote
Please join us on the thread discussing the importance of the body's acid/alkali balance. The topic complements lymph massage.

It is here:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=502979#502979
*mirjana*
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:49 am      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:

Well that's it - "extras" are problem.
I didn't apply massage yesterday to see will I look tired. Well I wrote seminar paper about damned "time value of money" Mad until half past 3 in the morning (4th night without sleep), wake up around 7, done massage and I look great! My tired NL are practically disappeared in despite of not sleeping and feeling tired like a dog.

So that's it - I will stick with massage once a day. This massage is so tempting - but once a day give wanted effect.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:54 am      Reply with quote
*mirjana* wrote:

So that's it - I will stick with massage once a day. This massage is so tempting - but once a day give wanted effect.

Of course, now we have to discuss..... which is most beneficial; morning or night for the once a day massage Laughing
*mirjana*
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:02 am      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:
*mirjana* wrote:

Of course, now we have to discuss..... which is most beneficial; morning or night for the once a day massage Laughing

Why not Wink indeed...because you stimulate lymph maybe it is not equal to do that in morning or in the evening. We'll see Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:41 am      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:
Tonia have you had problems with spots in the past (pre-massage)? I've never had problems with spots - just the odd one every few months.
I've also tried to google lymph massage and spots but nothing comes up about side-effects of doing it.
I'm going to keep on with the massage - I'll give it another two months and hopefully my skin will purge itself and clear up.

I know I read somewhere (I think it was the Acne Forum) that overstimulating the skin with massage can cause breakouts in some people - especially those prone to acne. I believe that this is why some people have trouble with the Oil Cleansing Method.

Perhaps you could cut back on how many times you are doing the massage.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:25 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
This is Miranda wrote:

I know I read somewhere (I think it was the Acne Forum) that overstimulating the skin with massage can cause breakouts in some people - especially those prone to acne. I believe that this is why some people have trouble with the Oil Cleansing Method.

Perhaps you could cut back on how many times you are doing the massage.

But then there's always the question of whether it's better out than in. I'm erring on the 'get it all out' route so will put up with the teenage-look for alittle longer! But will invest in your recommended dermawand so blitz the things once they've reared their ugly heads Bad Grin
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:14 am      Reply with quote
Ok here goes. I went to my doctor the other day, and he x-rayed me and everything and I showed him what I had been doing.

His view was that I had reptured a ligament in doing the bone press exercises, and that it had become inflamed and thus created swelling and inflamation. He's given me some high antibiotics, which I have taken now for 2 days, and the swelling has gone down completely and my jawline looks great again.

He was of the opinion that pressing on the bone can be dangerous for women of my age, as he says the bone along the jaw itself can be quite weak and in his experience osteoporsis suffers could find their conditions worsened by this. He then went on to tell me that many women have this condition and don't even realise it.

Im not blaming anyone for what I did, how could I, but I do think that people should be aware that following the directions posted here and in other threads are interpretations of the instructions, not the exact instructions from the book they come from.

He also said to me that I should stop the massage (which I have done) and not to resume it. He thought that many women would have problems with some of the moves and acne, or infections.

Figure its worth sharing. If its working for you - I'm happy, but I just want to share my experience of the instructions I tried from this thread.

Thank you.

Theresa
simpleMD
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:15 am      Reply with quote
I am glad you are okay TheresaMary and hope you feel better .I do not know your age but Osteoprosis of jaw is a uncommon entity its also a rare side effect of drugs like Fosamax ....are you taking any medicines?
I do not think lymphatic massage is dangerous if done properly and in the videos I didnt feel during massage model was putting too much pressure at any point.not sure about the bone massage though..how much pressure should be applied is unclear ....may be we should not apply pressure where you start feeling pain?
Critic can shed more light on it ...I guess.safe thing would be don't overdo anything...

Acne-prone skin ,Olive Complexion, using Derma pen ( MYM) ,Used LS & STOP,Got POSE and never used it.. Also got TRIA never used it...Microcurrent Tx and added Facial Detox massage and CP serum so far its pretty good
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:35 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Simple. Actually he reckoned that osteoprosis isn't just limited to any one site, that if its present its present in all the bone tissue so its interest. I'm scared though about the liagment damage issue, and hope others will learn from my example.

I'm not on any medicines. Re Bone its entirely unclear, and I would urge people to go really cautiously and not follow my example of diving straight in. I suspect its more than simply pressing down in the same position and there is probably other essential information that people should know before doing.

Theresa
simpleMD wrote:
I am glad you are okay TheresaMary and hope you feel better .I do not know your age but Osteoprosis of jaw is a uncommon entity its also a rare side effect of drugs like Fosamax ....are you taking any medicines?
I do not think lymphatic massage is dangerous if done properly and in the videos I didnt feel during massage model was putting too much pressure at any point.not sure about the bone massage though..how much pressure should be applied is unclear ....may be we should not apply pressure where you start feeling pain?
Critic can shed more light on it ...I guess.safe thing would be don't overdo anything...
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi TheresaMary,

goodness that does sound worrying. Can I just ask where the damaged ligament was ? was it from pressing on the cheekbones ?

thanks

Jackie xx
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Mirjana, and Miranda, I have never had acne like this before in my whole life. The most that I usually get are one or two spots per month and they aren't usually the cystic type.

I will try to do some research about acne and facial massage as well.

I will see a lot of family and friends over the next two weeks. I'll stop the massage for now and resume again after the holidays.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Tonia,

may I ask what are you using as a massage oil or cream? If it was addressed already, I am sorry for missing it. I am just looking for a possible cause.

Also, I at first missed the fact that you have to start and "activate" lymph nodes at temples and then proceed to the actual massage.

I am quite acne prone, and tried several oils/cream with this and Vaculifter before figuring out which did not cause problems for me.

I also wanted to mention that I skipped a couple of days, and a coworker commented that I look more tired and puffy.

HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Thanks Simple. Actually he reckoned that osteoprosis isn't just limited to any one site, that if its present its present in all the bone tissue so its interest. I'm scared though about the liagment damage issue, and hope others will learn from my example.

I'm not on any medicines. Re Bone its entirely unclear, and I would urge people to go really cautiously and not follow my example of diving straight in. I suspect its more than simply pressing down in the same position and there is probably other essential information that people should know before doing.

Oh dear, what a experience. You are very brave when you dare to try something which is little aggressive just on the base of 4 photos.
But than, OK - nothing serious happened (that's luck, I am very happy that you didn't hurt yourself really bad) - that's kind of school for you and all of us here.

I was watching video for Tanaka massage more than 10 times over and over again, and than started. But I am kind of chicken - I was reading about Retin A for a two months and bothered few people here to the bones, just to be sure in every detail.

I have to admit that I tried those bone exercises once, but just with very mild pressure and after that I gave up because my left cheek after that was little swollen (which gone till next morning) so I decide to wait if some new information will come.

I thought indeed that you are much younger Wink I don't know why, maybe because of style of writing - and I stayed really surprised when you mentioned osteoporosis Shock
But nobody of us here is not young dewy bud Cool so we must be really careful with treatments.
Everything what we can try to do with our faces could be kind of dangerous. Could be some bad allergy or breakouts. One friend of mine had nasty problems because of the microfiber cloth. She almost rubbed complete face off Mad But we want to be nice and young for any cost... Rolling Eyes

Thanks for sharing and take care Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
Tonia,

may I ask what are you using as a massage oil or cream? If it was addressed already, I am sorry for missing it. I am just looking for a possible cause.

Also, I at first missed the fact that you have to start and "activate" lymph nodes at temples and then proceed to the actual massage.

I am quite acne prone, and tried several oils/cream with this and Vaculifter before figuring out which did not cause problems for me.

I also wanted to mention that I skipped a couple of days, and a coworker commented that I look more tired and puffy.

HTH

OK, now I feel really silly. I have been using jojoba oil. It has not occurred to me that I should try something different. Do you have any suggestions as to what I should try next? Maybe I should try a castor oil and jojoba mix. Or an olive oil and castor oil mix.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |