Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Anyone has heard of Bone facial exercise?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
pleiades
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
I have to report that I, too, have had an outbreak of some cystic acne around my mouth and nose which I am attributing to purging from the massage. I will continue through it, though, as I like the evident benefits. Smile
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
I have been using avocado oil for the massage and then I wash off in the shower. Not understanding the OCM I am wondering if I should try a caster oil mixture for the massage and whether washing it off is counter productive:? Confused

OCM is simply a method of cleansing the skin using oils (usually a mixture of Castor and Olive oil, but any other will do). It is imperative to thoroughly wash all the oil off the skin after massaging it in.

For those of you who are breaking out, regardless of whether you are using Castor Oil, I would be inclined to wash the oil off your skin after the Tanaka massage - just in case your skin is purging and you are bringing bacteria to the surface.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
For those of you that are getting breakouts from the massage, maybe try upping your water intake. It might help. I bet it's just an initial detox reaction that will improve if you keep up with the massage.
Water might help with the flushing so some of the waste can get filtered through other organs than the skin (which btw is our largest organ of detoxification.)
hth
JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:46 am      Reply with quote
moongoddess wrote:
oh, i see what you're saying, keliu. i didn't connect that because i combine the lymph massage and the oil cleansing both am and pm. I take my oc oils slather on my face and do the massage/drainage when i finish that i take a small bit more of oil and do (actually i consider it continuing) the oil cleansing...do you think that's okay? comments insights welcome

ps...it really is amazing what the oc/castor does for acne -- what is it about that oil specifically, just the purging and drying combo?

Hi moongoddess,

Do you wash off the oils after the OCM with castor oil? I tried doing OCM with castor oil for a while, (washing my face with cleanser afterwards) but I went through such a purge, (combined with purging from green smoothies) that I couldn't take it. My skin is starting to calm down now, except for a couple cysts on my chin that have been there for about a month! I'd like to try OCM again, but without aggravating my skin.

Right now I'm using avocado oil for the massage, which my skin seems to like very much, and leaving it on when I'm done.

TheresaMary, I wish you a speedy recovery! It can be so hard when you think you're doing something that should improve your look, and yet have it backfire on you!
lisacollins00
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
This is the video I downloaded:

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/udVpsMWKljc/

Is this the program that everyone is using now or is there one that is better?

Thanks
*mirjana*
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
That's the right one. Smile Tanaka massage.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
Alley, some people are allergic to Avocado oil. It makes my eyes swollen and itchy. Of course, I have the cystic acne and I'm not using avocado.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:56 am      Reply with quote
Keliu

"OCM is simply a method of cleansing the skin using oils (usually a mixture of Castor and Olive oil, but any other will do). "

I'm sorry Keliu, but I have to disagree with this statement. The basis of OCM is mixing oils with castor oil. Castor oil has ionic properties that cause the skin to purge impurities- that is why blackheads pop out and the skin becomes so clean. The other oils are just used to dilute the castor oil because it can be so drying. Now, for some older chicks who don't care about purging and really need the moisturization of oils, the castor oil might not be necessary, but the other oils don't have the purging/purifying/deep cleaning properties that castor oil has.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:20 am      Reply with quote
InkyProse wrote:
Keliu

"OCM is simply a method of cleansing the skin using oils (usually a mixture of Castor and Olive oil, but any other will do). "

I'm sorry Keliu, but I have to disagree with this statement. The basis of OCM is mixing oils with castor oil. Castor oil has ionic properties that cause the skin to purge impurities- that is why blackheads pop out and the skin becomes so clean. The other oils are just used to dilute the castor oil because it can be so drying. Now, for some older chicks who don't care about purging and really need the moisturization of oils, the castor oil might not be necessary, but the other oils don't have the purging/purifying/deep cleaning properties that castor oil has.

Sorry, you misunderstood me - probably my wording. I meant that you don't have to use Olive Oil, but you can mix the Castor Oil with any other oil you like.

5% products discount

Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
I am a newbie...can someone please direct me to what is ageless? Is that another face exercise? does it show illustration or is it directions only? Thank you!
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
casey3035 wrote:
I am a newbie...can someone please direct me to what is ageless? Is that another face exercise? does it show illustration or is it directions only? Thank you!

Welcome casey - here is the thread for LouLou's Ageless.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=31539

This is the link directly to the Ageless website
http://www.agelessifwedare.com/

hth

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
jeanleemarquis wrote:
Oh my goodness, who would need convincing to do the Tanaka/ Zogan massage? There is absolutely nothing to lose!!! No money, and practically no time-- you can get the essentials done in about 5 minutes! And furthermore, you get results, and importantly-- fast!! While it *is* inspiring to see critic's photos, there is really no reason not to try it out!

(I've posted the following in the NL thread as well.) I've been doing the Tanaka massage for about 2 weeks, twice a day. I have to say, it's working on my NL's!!!! There's this mirror in a dark hallway of my house with horrible lighting. I can't help it-- every time I go past, I have to check & see how the lines are doing. I hold my chin down to make the shadows look as bad as possible.

Where are the lines? Where did they go?

They are about 75% gone, I would say. In 2 weeks?!? They were not that bad to begin with, but very bothersome. (The one time I tried out a filler in the area, I had less than 1 syringe put in. Critic, do you know how much money have you saved me?!? I will not be getting fillers again, as long as the Tanaka/ Zogan massage continues to work as it has been doing!) My husband claims he can't see the NL's at all.

It's so easy to get carried away about these things, but incorporating the Zogan/ Tanaka massage into my routine has really been working for me in this area!! (I am also doing FE/ Ageless, retin-A, green smoothies, & megadoses of MSM.)

Critic, thank you!!!! It was so generous of you to share your knowledge, spend your time to put up this information & answer questions on the forum. Very Happy This has made an enormous impact on me!

HI. watched the video for the massage. which are you doing for the NL folds? Any message in the video to help furrows? I'm also a bit confused as to which video everyone is following. I have seen the black hat lady one, but there are a few links with just pictures/frames showing different facial excersises or facial expressions addressing differnet problem areas like 'sagging skin' 'nasilabial folds' but don't show the end massage down the face to the neck. the video looks like the message (black hat lady) and the other like actual exercises. Which should I be looking at? Thanks for any help.
Peggotty
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
Exercise 3 : diminish n/l lines
http://read.dangdang.com/content_974254

Hi. Adding to my above post. This is what I mean. Is this the same face message program/regime as the "black hat lady" video? I dont recall the model in the aforementioned video making these facial expressions during the message. Please clarify. Thanks.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
Peggotty wrote:
critic wrote:

Hi. Adding to my above post. This is what I mean. Is this the same face message program/regime as the "black hat lady" video? I dont recall the model in the aforementioned video making these facial expressions during the message. Please clarify. Thanks.

If you are not reading from Post 1 to the end, you probably don't understand what we are talking about in this thread. I will suggest new comers to skip this thread and go directly to :
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=36457
JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:35 am      Reply with quote
Peggotty wrote:
jeanleemarquis wrote:
Oh my goodness, who would need convincing to do the Tanaka/ Zogan massage? There is absolutely nothing to lose!!! No money, and practically no time-- you can get the essentials done in about 5 minutes! And furthermore, you get results, and importantly-- fast!! While it *is* inspiring to see critic's photos, there is really no reason not to try it out!

(I've posted the following in the NL thread as well.) I've been doing the Tanaka massage for about 2 weeks, twice a day. I have to say, it's working on my NL's!!!! There's this mirror in a dark hallway of my house with horrible lighting. I can't help it-- every time I go past, I have to check & see how the lines are doing. I hold my chin down to make the shadows look as bad as possible.

Where are the lines? Where did they go?

They are about 75% gone, I would say. In 2 weeks?!? They were not that bad to begin with, but very bothersome. (The one time I tried out a filler in the area, I had less than 1 syringe put in. Critic, do you know how much money have you saved me?!? I will not be getting fillers again, as long as the Tanaka/ Zogan massage continues to work as it has been doing!) My husband claims he can't see the NL's at all.

It's so easy to get carried away about these things, but incorporating the Zogan/ Tanaka massage into my routine has really been working for me in this area!! (I am also doing FE/ Ageless, retin-A, green smoothies, & megadoses of MSM.)

Critic, thank you!!!! It was so generous of you to share your knowledge, spend your time to put up this information & answer questions on the forum. Very Happy This has made an enormous impact on me!

HI. watched the video for the massage. which are you doing for the NL folds? Any message in the video to help furrows? I'm also a bit confused as to which video everyone is following. I have seen the black hat lady one, but there are a few links with just pictures/frames showing different facial excersises or facial expressions addressing differnet problem areas like 'sagging skin' 'nasilabial folds' but don't show the end massage down the face to the neck. the video looks like the message (black hat lady) and the other like actual exercises. Which should I be looking at? Thanks for any help.

Hi Peggotty,

The Tanaka massage (the video with the black hat lady) is the one that I have found to be very helpful with the NL's.

Good luck!
JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:38 am      Reply with quote
JLM wrote:
moongoddess wrote:
oh, i see what you're saying, keliu. i didn't connect that because i combine the lymph massage and the oil cleansing both am and pm. I take my oc oils slather on my face and do the massage/drainage when i finish that i take a small bit more of oil and do (actually i consider it continuing) the oil cleansing...do you think that's okay? comments insights welcome

ps...it really is amazing what the oc/castor does for acne -- what is it about that oil specifically, just the purging and drying combo?

Hi moongoddess,

Do you wash off the oils after the OCM with castor oil? I tried doing OCM with castor oil for a while, (washing my face with cleanser afterwards) but I went through such a purge, (combined with purging from green smoothies) that I couldn't take it. My skin is starting to calm down now, except for a couple cysts on my chin that have been there for about a month! I'd like to try OCM again, but without aggravating my skin.

Right now I'm using avocado oil for the massage, which my skin seems to like very much, and leaving it on when I'm done.

TheresaMary, I wish you a speedy recovery! It can be so hard when you think you're doing something that should improve your look, and yet have it backfire on you!

Uh, I just realized that my question was answered in the previous post! Apologies!
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:49 am      Reply with quote
I wanted to report on my results with switching oils. I started using half castor oil with half carrier oils and my acne is clearing up nicely. I have had no cystic acne since I started. The ones I had cleared up over night and I haven't gotten any new ones. The only problem is that my skin is a little too dry now. I'm going to dilute the castor oil a bit more and see if that works better for me. I have even done a .25 dermaroll twice in the last week. That has caused acne for me in the past but hasn't this time. At this rate, I should be completely clear of spots within the next week.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:23 am      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
Peggotty wrote:
critic wrote:

If you are not reading from Post 1 to the end, you probably don't understand what we are talking about in this thread. I will suggest new comers to skip this thread and go directly to :

Hi. Thanks for the link. I did read from the beginning though I am still confused about the video with Tanaka and the images with the model making the facial expressions. Just wasn't sure if they were all part of the same regime. Thanks for the link Critic. Will check it out!
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Need some advice from you OCM girls and really hope I haven't missed an obvious post. Do you think it is possible to sort of kill 2 birds with one stone? Doing the massage with castor oil and EVOO therefore getting the benefits of OCM and the massage?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
Need some advice from you OCM girls and really hope I haven't missed an obvious post. Do you think it is possible to sort of kill 2 birds with one stone? Doing the massage with castor oil and EVOO therefore getting the benefits of OCM and the massage?

I can't see why not. I use my Boscia cleansing oil when doing the massage.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:39 am      Reply with quote
JLM wrote:
Keliu wrote:

I can't see how it would be possible for the face to become flatter in 10 days - or for the face to wrinkle for that matter. I've been sleeping on the left side of my face for 60 years - and it doesn't appear any more wrinkled or flatter than the right side!

You can all yell at me - but I think that you all look in the mirror and imagine allot of this stuff. I know I'm guilty of that too - but sometimes, I just feel that I'm the only one on this Forum that has their expectations based in reality! And on that note, its back to the massage - and the Vaculifter, and the germanium roller!

Hi Keliu,

I completely agree that it is so easy to imagine things when looking at yourself in the mirror... at the same time, I have to say, I've really seen an improvement in my NL's in a short period of time! It's really weird. I keep thinking that I must be imagining things, but really, I don't know what else to attribute the improvement to... although it's true that I'm doing a bunch of other things right now and that it's just that everything has finally come together. Perhaps that's it?

I don't mean to get anyone's hopes up, but the Zogan/Tanaka massage was the latest addition to my routine, so that is what I'm attributing my results to. I don't mean to get anyone's hopes up, but I hope it works for other people as well as it has for me. Perhaps going through the English translation would help a lot?

(It's always refreshing to hear the voice of reality!)

Hi. what have you personally been doing to get rid of NL folds?
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Peggoty, have you read the N/L thread? It's a little confusing to sort it all out, but I think a lot of the facial exercise devotees have had a similar experience to mine: adding the massage to an exercise regimen helps (and in some cases, eliminations) those lines.

Most of us have not been doing the massage for more than a month, so it will be interesting to see the longer term results.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
Peggotty wrote:
critic wrote:
Peggotty wrote:
critic wrote:

Hi. Thanks for the link. I did read from the beginning though I am still confused about the video with Tanaka and the images with the model making the facial expressions. Just wasn't sure if they were all part of the same regime. Thanks for the link Critic. Will check it out!

We have discussed more than 3 methods here, I am the one who confused everyone, so if you are interested in Tanaka massage, just visit that thread directly is easier.
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
JLM wrote:
moongoddess wrote:

Hi moongoddess,

hi JLM

I DO wash off the oil after cleansing, but NOT with a cleanser or soap or anything. I just take hot h20 and wipe the oil off of my face, i do this till i get every last bit. Avacado oil breaks me out bad - the castor is what keeps my skin calm ,t hough it is definately drying...
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:

This is exactly what i do, Alley, and it works great! I mentioned it on the previous page and asked Keliu if she thought that was okay, she said if it's working no need to stop

m
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |