Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Shipping temperatures - does it ruin products?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:49 am      Reply with quote
I have always wondered how hot it gets during the shipping process and if it alters the integrity of the products we order. I am particularly concerned about oils that I buy from the cosmetic formulators. As a result, I try to wait until the dead of winter to place my yearly orders. Am I being anal Rolling Eyes or is this a concern of others too??

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:40 am      Reply with quote
I have the same concerns. I try to order any skincare in spring and fall times so them temp generally is not too extreme either way.
oranges
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:30 am      Reply with quote
I agree it should be a concern. I had one order that where I lived it was over 100 all summer and my order came disastrous from a combination of heat and poor filling and packaging.
Zoftig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
All of our mail is routed through Phoenix so I never order oils or creams from May to November. (Had a bad experience with a Sephora shipment).
mi_ni

Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have the same concern too. Especially for those products contains essence oil,Retinol...etc.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I live where the climate is HOT all year long, and do quite a bit of online purchasing! My solution is when my packages arrive I bring them into the AC and allow them to cool before opening them (tempted as I am). I haven't had any problems with products leaking or any other issues!
Just a thought!
DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
It actually bothers me a lot because I usually order my skincare and makeup products online...
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Yes I am always paranoid about this, but what can I do, most things come from US or EDS and Im in Australia
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:07 am      Reply with quote
Quite right Pal. I'm in Australia too, so if we order in winter here it's summer in the US. Or vise versa. Confused
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:20 am      Reply with quote
Another Aussie here, you girls in the US don't know how lucky you are - we have to wait forever to get things, and pay exorbitant postage rates. I've never had a problem with anything that I've ordered on the web spoiling - I live in a tropical climate too and don't bother refrigerating anything. So far, I've never had an oil turn rancid.

Also, everything I receive comes by air mail and I would imagine that it would be absolutely freezing in the cargo hold of the plane.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:47 am      Reply with quote
I was concerned about this too. I live in northern Canada and was concerned items would freeze being mailed during the winter. I never thought of the belly of the plane being so cold so I imagine my products have already hit below zero temps and I have had no problems.
oranges
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
Seems like freezing would have less effect on the product than boiling? I think getting real hot in the summer can change the actual products structure.
Y34963
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
Probably but a lot of my products say "do not freeze" so that was why I was concerned. Boiling would not be a good thing either.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
I've ordered skincare stuff in the middle of TX summer (100+ degree temps) and I haven't had a problem. Not my preference to do that, but I don't have money to stock up on expensive things, so I buy when I am running low on them.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
OMG! I never even thought about the possibility of freezing temps during the shipping process. I was only focused on HEAT issues. AYE YI YI...something new to worry about!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
oranges
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Me neither, but if the product says "do not freeze" plus our little small town I swear it stays overnight in 2 facilities before it comes to our town.
Mountaingirl you wouldn't happen to be from Durango??
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:24 am      Reply with quote
Ahhhhhh OJ, Durango's Rockies would be nice...but I'm in the Appalachian Mts of North Carolina.

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:55 am      Reply with quote
I was just thinking, in Australia, all of the international brand cosmetics have had to be imported from somewhere - who knows what they've been subjected to.

I'm just not prepared to worry about all of this - I've got enough concerns about my face as it is!

Mountaingirl - just sit back there in the Appalachian Mountains and have a fiddle on your fiddle - and stop finding more things for us to worry about!!! Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:11 am      Reply with quote
Keliu...Maybe I'm just drinkin' too much moonshine. Wink

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:37 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
Keliu...Maybe I'm just drinkin' too much moonshine. Wink

You can never drink too much moonshine!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:05 am      Reply with quote
The shipment of vitamins is another concern of mine. I love to take advantage of buying online but always consider the company location. Rolling Eyes
Which is worse? Excessive heat or freezing temperatures???

DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:19 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl,
I know you are concerned, but everything with the exception of locally grown produce and the like has to be shipped to your local store. The same precautions against heat and freezing have to be used. Refrigerated or heated trucks and cargo holds on planes can't freeze that is where the animals fly. Think about your produce, ever seen vegetables once frozen then thawed? These would not sell on the grocery shelves!
Just my 2 cents but seems like you guys are worrying needlessly!
This applies no matter where we are living.
HTH
DM
PS Pass the Moonshine Please!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
I think it does have some effect. I also notice if I orderd some skincare in summer, the feeling of use is a little different from the one got in cool time.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
Well I still have to say I think a lot of this is needless worry if you buy products from a local Department or Specialty store they don't arrive there by magic. All products have to be shipped, many multiple times! Do you worry the same about all you buy at the local Drug store? No matter if it is shipped to a store or an individual it still needs to be shipped!
Just My Little Opinion
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
I am usually more concerned with how they ship the products. I try if possible to buy them shipped UPS; price-wise it does not really make much of a difference (I am in NJ), but I learned (from Dr. Marshall) that every other shipping company uses X-ray machines to verify that the package does not contain anything funny, and that does damage many products (esp. supplements).

I can not control the outside temperature, but usually can persuade to change the means of shipping.

Just my 2 cents...

Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |