Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Latisse, Lumigan & Careprost
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:30 am      Reply with quote
I know that Latisse and Lumigan are the same, but is Careprost?
I was going to reorder my Lumigan but I see that inhousepharmacy offers Careprost cheaper, but still within range of each other.
Has anyone tried this and had the same results and is it just the generic version?
I am betting this has been touched on but I wanted to make extra sure with anyone who has used it specifically.
The results from the Lumigan were phenomenal and I am so pleased. My doc will prescribe Latisse for me, but still it is pretty costly, so I'll pass.

Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Annie, See pages 36 to 40ish on the Lumigan thread for more comments on Careprost:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=488002&highlight=careprost#488002

I think this post is from around page 36:

ammoniasmith wrote:
mpstat wrote:
Crossposting from no more ADC? (oh no my lumigan!) thread:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=35107&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=25
kitti wrote:
Hi all. I, too, noticed that Lumigan orders now require a script on ADC. However, if you look on the scrollbar for the brands/names of meds, you will now see LATISSE! The brand is called careprost 0.03% and the active ingredient is still the same! (0.03% bimatoprost) Not only is the ingredient the same, the bottle is only $10. I ordered a couple bottles already, I really hope that it works as well as Lumigan. Can anyone vouch for it? I'm wondering how long it has been available for...

Oh thank you for letting us know! I love AllDayChemist.com!!!!!! I am sure it is exactly the same. I have ordered other generic stuff and it was fine.

HTHs. Smile
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much. I should have gone back and re-read that thread, shame on me.
In that case, I will order the Careprost for sure.
I only use it every 6-8 days now but man has it changed my lashes!

Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know a website that delivers Careprost to Canada?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:17 am      Reply with quote
I don't know for sure if they ship to Canada or not but I bought from:

http://www.unitedpharmacies.com/

They carry both Lumagen and generic, no rx required they add a few dollars per rx as I guess they have a Doc who writes the script for them.
I had no problem ordering from them, just took a little while to arrive, but not outrageous!

HTH
DM

5% products discount

Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered the careprost from ADC - will post results once I've used it for 2-3 weeks.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
The results I have had with Careprost are even better than I had with the Jan Marini old formula Revitalash.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:30 am      Reply with quote
Now that I can't get Lumigan without a prescription from ADC I have lately been buying Careprost. It gives me the same results as Lumigan does, faboulous lashes !!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
Careprost is the same ingredient list from what I understand.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:39 am      Reply with quote
I look forward to ordering this as soon as my Lumigan has ran out, even though I am loving it amt.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:11 am      Reply with quote
The Careprost is what I had ordered and I am completely out of the other right now. can't wait to get it back in.
It also helped my eyebrows grow back in thicker too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
ADC has both Lumigan and Careprost now. Careprost is 10.00 US and Lumigan is 12.plus change. Careprost is generic Latisse. A great deal and it works like crazy. I love it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:03 am      Reply with quote
That is a much better deal. I paid 30.00 from inhouse for the Careprost and they were out of the Lumigan. I am glad ADC has it back in stock, I may just order from them so that I have it for next time.

Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi .. still have no luck with shipments to canada. Sad Is there anyone on this site who also lives in Canada and has ordered Careprost in the past?
I tried to order from ABConline Pharmacy but no luck.
Maryana
5% products discount

Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone please tell me why Careprost should not be applied to the lower eyelid?
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
LauraLynn wrote:
Does anyone know a website that delivers Careprost to Canada?

this is the website that alldaychemist referred me to. it delivers to canada and you don't need a prescription.
http://www.reliablerxpharmacy.com/newproduct.html

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
buramiko
5% products discount

Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:59 am      Reply with quote
I just bought careprost from ADC and they were cheap!! Most other generic brands cost over $30.
I have tried Careprost and XLash before but XLash didn't work at all despite they said they were also 0.03%, so avoid buying XLash!
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
buramiko wrote:
I just bought careprost from ADC and they were cheap!! Most other generic brands cost over $30.
I have tried Careprost and XLash before but XLash didn't work at all despite they said they were also 0.03%, so avoid buying XLash!

that's strange... that it would be .03% and would not work the same way.
does anyone think this is tampering ... or perhaps the quality of the product is not good?

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
patzy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
silvershadows wrote:
I ordered the careprost from ADC - will post results once I've used it for 2-3 weeks.

I visited the web site for the first time Crying or Very sad today and did a search and could not find it.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:25 am      Reply with quote
patzy wrote:
silvershadows wrote:

I visited the web site for the first time Crying or Very sad today and did a search and could not find it.

its right here. i couldn't find it on the scroll down list. i had to use the search function.
https://www.alldaychemist.com/search.php?search_query=Careprost

casssy

Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi all, just thought i would post this useful info for anyone who is using Careprost. This is from the ADC website.

What is Careprost?

Careprost is generic Latisse and contains Bimatoprost Ophthalmic Solution. This medication is the only proven method of treating hypotrichosis (inadequately short eyelashes) by increasing the length, thickness, darkness, and quantity of eyelashes when applied on the lash line of the upper eyelid base. Bimatoprost Opthalmic Solution is also used to treat glaucoma by increasing the movement of fluid out of the eye, resulting in less pressure (however, the medication is dropped inside of the eye to treat glaucoma).

How Careprost works:

Careprost helps eyelashes grow by increasing the number of hairs in the initial growth phase (the anagen phase). It also increases the amount of time hairs remain in the anagen phase, allowing them to develop more.

How to use Careprost to increase lash length:

* Apply one drop of Careprost on a disposable eyeliner applicator brush and draw along the upper eyelid lash line. Carefully blot off any excess that may have dripped beyond the upper eyelid. Do not apply to the lower lash line. Repeat for the other eye.
* Apply once a day until the desired length is achieved. Results are usually apparent in about eight weeks, and the desired length is usually achieved in 14 to 16 weeks.
* Once the desired length is achieved, maintain the new lashes by applying Careprost once a week. The once-a-week treatment is necessary for maintaining the new length because after use is discontinued, eyelashes will revert back to their normal growth patterns.

Possible side effects: dryness visual disturbance eye pain burning sensation foreign body sensation ocular irritation tearing eyelash darkening conjunctival edema eye discharge allergic conjunctivitis increases in iris pigmentation

Precautions Bimatoprost Ophthalmic Solution has been reported to cause changes to pigmented tissues. These reports increased pigmentation and growth of eyelashes and increased pigmentation of the iris and periorbital tissue (eyelid). These changes may be permanent. Careprost may gradually change eye color, increasing the amount of brown pigment in the iris by increasing the number of melanosomes (pigment granules) in melanocytes. The long-term effects on the melanocytes and the consequences of potential injury to the melanocytes and /or deposition of pigment granules to other areas of the eye are currently unknown. The change in iris color occurs slowly and may not be noticeable for several months to years.
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
I'm curious as to whether anyone has experienced negative side effects from latisse/careprost?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
casssy wrote:
Hi all, just thought i would post this useful info for anyone who is using Careprost. This is from the ADC website.

What is Careprost?

Careprost is generic Latisse and contains Bimatoprost Ophthalmic Solution. This medication is the only proven method of treating hypotrichosis (inadequately short eyelashes) by increasing the length, thickness, darkness, and quantity of eyelashes when applied on the lash line of the upper eyelid base. Bimatoprost Opthalmic Solution is also used to treat glaucoma by increasing the movement of fluid out of the eye, resulting in less pressure (however, the medication is dropped inside of the eye to treat glaucoma).

How Careprost works:

Careprost helps eyelashes grow by increasing the number of hairs in the initial growth phase (the anagen phase). It also increases the amount of time hairs remain in the anagen phase, allowing them to develop more.

Possible side effects: dryness visual disturbance eye pain burning sensation foreign body sensation ocular irritation tearing eyelash darkening conjunctival edema eye discharge allergic conjunctivitis increases in iris pigmentation

Precautions Bimatoprost Ophthalmic Solution has been reported to cause changes to pigmented tissues. These reports increased pigmentation and growth of eyelashes and increased pigmentation of the iris and periorbital tissue (eyelid). These changes may be permanent.

I understand the changes to pigment are rare -this has been used in glaucoma patients who insert directly into the eye and it is rare for them also. My mother uses this for glaucoma and has had not changes in many years use. Still it is at your own risk.

I have not had any negative side effects - but many positive ones.

You can always try products without the bimatoprost but there is no scientific evidence to substantiate any growth, etc.. nor any before and after pictures to validate that I have seen. I'm kicking Careprost to once - twice a week now that I've achieved great result. And the price is so reasonable.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
3rd.oculus wrote:
I'm curious as to whether anyone has experienced negative side effects from latisse/careprost?

I used the old Revitalash with the Latisse ingredient, and had the darkening of the skin where I applied the product...that's why they recommend only using it on the upper lids. Once I stopped using it on the bottom eyelids, the redness went away.

But the pros FAR outweigh the cons...my lashes are too die for now, and I only use it once a week for maintenance.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
I agree - I am very happy with the results of Careprost. Bethany it's nice to know that once a week maintenance is working for you.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |